Dragon's Dance
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

[D7,MA] A Chance Encounter (Open on Request)

3 posters

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

Go down

[D7,MA] A Chance Encounter (Open on Request) Empty [D7,MA] A Chance Encounter (Open on Request)

Post by Luecian LongBow Thu Jan 07, 2016 4:17 am

Luecian had departed House Blackwood after the joust taking a long path towards the Village of Pennytree and the Dulver Camps. Perhaps it be a good time to pull some coin out of me boots and buy a good drink to share with Ser Tymon and company to show me appreciation. Been hearing much around some red cider or somesuch here, mayhaps some of that and then something stronger to end the night with.

He rode slowly lost in his own thoughts when he spotted another rider in the distance, seemingly doing much the same. Do be thinking that be the ironborn noble, Lord Yoren it was. Wouldn't mind having a private chat with him truth be told...hopin he be in a friendly mood.

Riding up towards the noble, Luecian calls out a greeting. "
Lord Yoren, greetings on this fine day. Hoping you recall meself, Luecian-a huntsman of House Dulver. Hoping your ride be a pleasant one and if you be open to some company meself was riding mostly in the direction of Pennytree to find some good drink to share. Be willing to bet me coin that a man such as yerself would know many a good choice. Me old friend Ser Tymon Lannister won a joust today, truth be told it was me own fault in the first place but all's well that ends well I suppose. None the less I fear meself be owing him a drink or two at the least and I be knowin he would welcome a new drinking companion such as yerself."
Luecian LongBow
Luecian LongBow

Back to top Go down

[D7,MA] A Chance Encounter (Open on Request) Empty Re: [D7,MA] A Chance Encounter (Open on Request)

Post by Yoren longshore Thu Jan 07, 2016 7:39 am

"
Luceian? Nice to meet you. I heard about that, a Manderly knight challenged him, right? I suppose that a few drinks has never hurt anybody."
Yoren adjusts his pace to that of Luceian before adding: "
Wine is a curious thing, you buy books to become smarter, while you buy wine to become dumber."

"
How did you insult the Manderly knight anyway? What did you do?"

Yoren longshore

Back to top Go down

[D7,MA] A Chance Encounter (Open on Request) Empty Re: [D7,MA] A Chance Encounter (Open on Request)

Post by Luecian LongBow Fri Jan 08, 2016 3:48 am

Luecian shrugs and smiles at the noble's observation. "
Well not sure what it be saying bout me self but I'd prefer to be buying the wine and take me chances. But can't be denyin that someone reading meself a book on the old gods House Blackwood still be holding too would likely have helped me out, for I seemed to have put me foot in my mouth about their faith. Apparently there be no Great Tree Father as one of their gods, it all be a bit of a mystery still to meself to be honest. No mystery that Ser Colyn felt right strongly about me lack of knowledge at first though, but he seems to be understandin no offense was meant from me poor words and me own lack of knowin bout their faith. Perhaps one of their faithful be willing to explain it to me thick head sometime."
Luecian LongBow
Luecian LongBow

Back to top Go down

Post by Yoren longshore Fri Jan 08, 2016 12:06 pm

"
People tend to be hairsore over whom they pray to, it's hard not to offend anyone."
Yoren chuckles: "
You are right that they like to pray in front of trees, but though they carve faces in them, they don't think that their father is a tree. I'm sure that your septon could teach you the details, although be warned: There's an unholy amount of information on the subject."
Chuckling at his own joke he asks: "
Do you know much of the septon? Seems that he's trying to follow the way of good old Septon Barth, the speed with which he's increased his standing."

Yoren longshore

Back to top Go down

Post by Luecian LongBow Sat Jan 09, 2016 4:32 pm

Luecian smiles as the nobleman lightly laughs. "
Aye I be knowin Septon Arlyn for years now, since awhile after he first showed up in Stoney Heath. He be around helping folk in the town often so near impossible not to know him if yerself be from around those parts recently. He be a good man and not to full of himself for a holy man, though he do get himself in some odd situations for a Septon, no denyin that. Helped the Septon out a time or two so mostly meself just be getting a good greeting and an occasional frown if he be thinking me gambling been a bit too often to be deemed occasional.Don't be knowin this Septon Barth but if him and the Septon be much alike, reckon he must be a pretty good fellow. You seem to be knowin alot of Septons m'lord, have yerself an interest in their faith?"
Luecian LongBow
Luecian LongBow

Back to top Go down

Post by Yoren longshore Sat Jan 09, 2016 5:03 pm

"
Septon Barth was an earlier hand and a scholar. Nobody that's still alive."

Yoren then changes the subject: "
You seem to be good with that bow of yours, are you any good with other weapons? There is a marriage for my sister, would you care to come for the martial competion?"

Yoren longshore

Back to top Go down

Post by Luecian LongBow Sat Jan 09, 2016 5:36 pm

"
Meself would gladly take your hospitality m'lord but I fear meself be no warrior or knight to be wielding lance and sword in either a joust or melee. Most me training been with me bow or how to traverse the wilds, though I can throw a spear, blade or axe better than many. What type of events do you be plannin on hosting if meself may ask?"
Luecian LongBow
Luecian LongBow

Back to top Go down

Post by Yoren longshore Sat Jan 09, 2016 6:54 pm

"
My stepbrother will hold the wedding. Just the joust, I believe. But you may still be a guest. However, would you like to help me and your lord? We will need a bowman soon."

Yoren longshore

Back to top Go down

Post by Luecian LongBow Sat Jan 09, 2016 7:08 pm

"
I be honored by the invite, if Lord Dulver and time permits meself will gladly attend to raise me glass and celebrate the occassion."
He gives the nobleman a curious look when he mentions needing a bowman. "
Me services are at Lord Dulver's disposal, and mayhaps would be willing to assist yerself as well, what will ye be needing a bowman for m'lord?"
Luecian LongBow
Luecian LongBow

Back to top Go down

Post by Yoren longshore Sat Jan 09, 2016 7:20 pm

"
We might have a fight on our hand, to see justice. We need able and brave men to help to bring justice."

Yoren longshore

Back to top Go down

Post by Luecian LongBow Sat Jan 09, 2016 8:25 pm

The ominous turn of conversation surprised the huntsman but he did his best to hide it, yet it did send him into thought for a few moments. Most of these nobles seem an allright sort but you won't be finding meself holding my breath for justice here. Amongst other crimes whole regions of land have been decimated or found their livelihoods destroyed for years, yet if the wrongdoer be in their club most likes they'll only frown and give a few stern words and slap on the hand. Is that justice for the man now struggling to provide food and care for his family? "
Justice seem to be a thing often hunted but rarely brought back to sup on. Would be hoping that more battles will not be needed to resolve the situation here, no doubtin there been enough fighting here bouts recently. But if the Dulver Bowmen are called to a cause, most likes me own bow will be among them as deemed appropriate or necessary by Lord Dulver. Mainly I'm a huntsman but meself has joined with them before as needed to hunt bandits or in times of battle. Do you feel it very likely such a thing will come to pass?"
Luecian LongBow
Luecian LongBow

Back to top Go down

Post by Yoren longshore Sat Jan 09, 2016 8:29 pm

"
Nothing as bad as a battle, however, a nobleman of considerable martial feats might arrange a battle of seven. Having a bowman behind six soldiers would prove to be a significant tactically advantage."
Yoren looks seriously at Luceian.

Yoren longshore

Back to top Go down

Post by Luecian LongBow Sat Jan 09, 2016 9:15 pm

Luecian looks at the nobleman in confusion. I fear this conversation just got potentially dangerous. He speaks true that it might be a tactical advantage for a time but what odds would the bowman actually have to survive?Likely poor ones, a disciplined group might make it viable but more likes the archer would be taken down after giving his side a possible edge. Hell of a risk with ones life, the gain would have to be great to outweigh such risk eh.
The huntsman seems still lost somewhat in his own thoughts as he replies. "
A trial of Seven... to establish the King's Justice and Peace here? and meself involved amongst likely skilled knights and warriors? I fear meself is only a huntsman m'lord and no doubt a learned man could come up with events less likely to happen that have occurred over the years, yet it would seem an unlikely event indeed for a hunter such as meself to find himself involved in such a trial."
He nods as if reaffirming his thought and words to himself. "
Not sure I ever heard of such a thing, a huntsman in a trial by seven...surely I woulda heard the story if had ever happend. No doubtin it woulda been a good one."
Luecian LongBow
Luecian LongBow

Back to top Go down

Post by Yoren longshore Sat Jan 09, 2016 10:07 pm

"
To establish it to Lord Gorman Tully. Some cases will be brought up under the supervision of Gorman Tully, and if Gorman passes the right sentence, there might be resistance. If you could stand at the back, peppering their fighters with arrows, we can ensure that nobody gets past to you by creating a wall. In addition, you could borrow sone proper armor, if you lack it."

Yoren tries to calm the archer.

Yoren longshore

Back to top Go down

Post by Luecian LongBow Sun Jan 10, 2016 3:55 pm

The archer considers the situation and how to best proceed. How best to be putting this, disappointing nobles can be a risky business. "
I do see your plan m'lord but a trial of seven be dangerous business to become entangled in. I fear to disappoint m'lord but meself be doubtin Luecian Longbow be the right tool for this task. Be promising to turn me thoughts on this though and talk with me betters in House Dulver about it."
Luecian LongBow
Luecian LongBow

Back to top Go down

Post by Yoren longshore Sun Jan 10, 2016 4:50 pm

"
Of course, I understand your reluctance. I asked for too much. Let's get something to drink."
Yoren telks the young archer.

Yoren longshore

Back to top Go down

Post by Luecian LongBow Sun Jan 10, 2016 6:12 pm

"
That be something I can easily find meself agreeing with. I heard yerself and Shieldmaiden Loreai ventured up north and above the wall fairly recently, that seem quite the adventure m'lord. Doubtin many can claim to have been so far past civilized lands. Would me more curious to hear any your tales of the trip if here be any to share. Heard tell the beasts roaming north of the wall be even more ferocious than our own breeds."
Luecian LongBow
Luecian LongBow

Back to top Go down

Post by Yoren longshore Sun Jan 10, 2016 7:26 pm

"
The far north was an exiting trip, it was almost as cold as Ibben, and as desolate as the Dothraki sea. Shadowcats twice as fierce as the ones found here roams about. Wolves the size of ponies may be found, however that's not the dangerous bit."

Yoren does a short pause before continuing.

"
When you walk up there feeling cold to the bone is a good thing. After a while you start to get drowsy, you feel that your body heats up, and it becomes too hot. People who don't have a strong will starts to undress, and many are found naked, dead in the cold. Your mind shuts down and all you can think of is sleep. It's biting cold, and the wind makes it so much colder, the wind tears through your clothes and you are left as exposed as a lyseni whore."
Winking to the younger man he tells Luceian:

"
When I was going up there others who didn't have my experience told me that the wildlings would be dangerous, that they'd attack. However, the wildlings are human, they don't kill you without a reason. Nature on the other hand is dangerous. Up there food is not important, water is what matters. You have to wear your waterbottles in your undergarments, if not it will freeze, and you will die. Some will try to drink snow, but that only makes you freeze from the inside."

Yoren laughs: "
I've been to many better places, but only a handful that was worse. If you ever feel the urge to travel, try visiting the summer isles, boy. It's the best proof that God loves us."

Yoren longshore

Back to top Go down

Post by Luecian LongBow Sun Jan 10, 2016 8:11 pm

Shadowcats twice as fierce, wolves the size of ponies....that be a hunt meself may have to pursue some day. "
Aye nature be a harsh mistress and the wilds be an unforgiving place in many areas but there most of all surely. Still wolves the size of ponies, that be a tempting thought for a hunter such as meself. It seems m'lord has traveled many places far and wide, meself would settle for seeing more of our kingdoms-The North, Mountain Vales,Kingswood, Lands of the Reach, Rainwood, Dornish Marches. Hoping to see most of the kingdom one day, sadly so far this be about as far out of Dulver lands as me own feet have been. Do you enjoy being back in the Riverlands after travelling to places far and wide?"
Luecian LongBow
Luecian LongBow

Back to top Go down

Post by Yoren longshore Sun Jan 10, 2016 8:56 pm

"
I've travelled extensively, but nothing is like my own lands. I have little in the ways of family, but many friends. My children will run in the fields, just like me. It's not a single better feeling than to feel that you have taken responsibility for your own people. What always weighed me down on my travel was avoiding duty, now that I embraced my duties they are less like burdens and more like crutches. I am getting too old to live alone, I need to support myself on my crutches."

"
If you wish to travel the seven kingdoms I'd say that you should seek employment along the way. Find a merchant in need of a guard and you will see parts of the kingdoms. Then you find another merchant, and another one, untill one day you have seen it all. Then you find yourself a homely woman and find a place to call your own."
Yoren smiles "
Make sure not to wait to long, siring children is no old mans game."

Yoren longshore

Back to top Go down

Post by Luecian LongBow Wed Jan 13, 2016 3:51 am

"
Those be fair words about your lands and your people, surely they be lucky to have their lords hold such views. I be envying you your travels m'lord. Perhaps you be right and one day I'll take some time and do just that, wander from south to north, east to west across these lands till meself feel I've seen it all. Then again mayhaps meself will get a chance to wander off to certain areas as part of me duties, who's to be knowing what tomorrow brings eh!"

Pausing a second, he gathers his thoughts before continuing.

"
Me understanding is that House Longshore be the only Ironborn house in the Riverlands but yer family been holding the lands for many a year now right? Seeming yer folk must be a tough and determined folk to be holding lands so long where sadly it must seem like there be few friends to be seeing nearby."
Luecian LongBow
Luecian LongBow

Back to top Go down

Post by Yoren longshore Wed Jan 13, 2016 10:49 am

"
Do travel a bit, soon you might find it too late."
Yoren smiles: "
You might soon find your joints aching, and that makes traveling much less enjoyable. Take that from a man that's experienced it."

"
The trick is to be unrelenting, but still unnoticed. They gain little from throwing us out, and they would have to fight half a thousand men to get it. They have to risk several hundred men to gain a few rocks and a small wood. There has been a few close calls, but we have managed to stave off any attacks thus far. We might not have friends, but the isolation suits us."

"
How about you? doesn't it feel quite lonely to be a hunter? Is it not strange when the most friendly face you'll find for miles is your own?"

Yoren longshore

Back to top Go down

Post by Luecian LongBow Wed Jan 13, 2016 7:00 pm

"
Aye, isolation sometimes be a welcome thing for a time at least, but it never be hurting to have at least a few friends eh. Sometimes it be the right cure for what ails ya to be getting away to only nature and her own thoughts but too much of even a good thing can be getting old. Eventually a fine conversation be looking mighty good or even enjoying a meal in comfortable silence with another person. Depending on the place having no one to watch yer back can also be leavin ya on edge,ya be knowing a small mistake could find ya never making it home and leaving all just guessing what might have happen to ya. A friend around be able to mayhaps make up for any small mistakes, sadly nobody be perfect all the time."
Luecian LongBow
Luecian LongBow

Back to top Go down

Post by Yoren longshore Wed Jan 13, 2016 8:12 pm

"
Of course, a few friends can really be nice, especially as you grow older. When your youth wanes and the lethargy waxes someone to share the campfires with can be appreciated. Especially when winter sets in. Once winter sets in your heart may easily freeze. Once that happens there's few things you can do, then you'll need friends to warm it up again."

"
Will you return to your friends at Dulver lands after this? Or will you parttake in the tournament before leaving? It's a long trip to do thrice. You may live with us until after the tournament if you wish..."

Yoren longshore

Back to top Go down

Post by Luecian LongBow Mon Jan 18, 2016 11:03 pm

"
Aye friends who be willing and able to help each other out from time to time be a great thing. Meself be off to find the missing daughter of House Daleford after this be over, with Ser Jorah and perhaps Shieldmaiden Loreai as well. Not be knowing for sure who all be plannin to come along but with a bit of luck be hopin we find her in good condition. While we be doing our best to find a few leads, it be still a bit of a mystery. After that if possible meself mayhaps gladly accept yer offer m'lord and it be a most gracious one."
Luecian LongBow
Luecian LongBow

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next