Dragon's Dance
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

[D7,MA] A Chance Encounter (Open on Request)

3 posters

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2

Go down

[D7,MA] A Chance Encounter (Open on Request) - Page 2 Empty Re: [D7,MA] A Chance Encounter (Open on Request)

Post by Yoren longshore Tue Jan 19, 2016 9:51 am

"
My offer is open as long as you wish. The guests should always be treated well, who knows? Some of our guests may turn into friends?"
Yoren smiles amiably to Luceian as he speaks.

Yoren longshore

Back to top Go down

[D7,MA] A Chance Encounter (Open on Request) - Page 2 Empty Re: [D7,MA] A Chance Encounter (Open on Request)

Post by Luecian LongBow Wed Jan 20, 2016 2:23 am

The huntsman smiles and laughs good naturedly before responding. "
Aye no doubtin stranger things have happen. Often some time shared and a common outlook can make such things happen with a bit of luck. I do be believin we have arrived at our camp. Be checkin on Ser Tymon and then assumin we can find a bottle then a drink or two as well. Have you met the young Lannister knight yet m'lord? He do be betrothed to Lady Helen Dulver and a fine friend from a small part of me childhood though this be the first meself have been seeing him in many a year."

Luecian announces himself to the guards on duty and his companion Lord Yoren before navigating the maze of tents and campfires before finding the young knight in conversation with a group of Dulver Infantrymen obviously being pressured into regaling them with the tale of his joust earlier that morn. Laughs and cheers came up from the men as the charismatic young knight got to the end of his story and then excused himself after spotting Luecian and his noble guest.
Luecian LongBow
Luecian LongBow

Back to top Go down

Post by Tymon Lannister Wed Jan 20, 2016 4:22 am

Ser Tymon was loudly jesting with the infantrymen of House Dulver and regaling them with the tales of the joust from earlier in the day as they pressed him for details. He mixed easily with Soldiers, whether they were highborn lords or simple peasants, the shared bond of risking life and limb on the battlefield making for a brotherhood of sorts. He glanced up as he finished a ribald jest with a group of infantrymen that left them in tears of laughter as spotted Luecian, the Dulver huntsman, and Master Yoren Longshore. He reached for three wineskins of the best wine available and moved towards the two men.

"
Good evening Luecian"
Ser Tymon said as he passed Luecian a skin of wine and clapped him on the back.

He turned to the newcomer and said "
Good evening Master Yoren, I have seen you in some of the recent proceedings but it is a pleasure to make your acquaintance, would you care for a skin of wine"
said Ser Tymon with a smile on his face, as he held out a skin of wine.

Tymon Lannister

Back to top Go down

Post by Yoren longshore Wed Jan 20, 2016 9:17 am

"
A pleasure meeting you."
Yoren pauses for a moment, thinking of what he can say.

"
Congratulations on your betrothal. It's a shame that our investigation is holding the two of you apart... Are you looking forward to come home?"
Yoren enquires gently as he takes his wineskin.

Yoren longshore

Back to top Go down

Post by Tymon Lannister Fri Jan 22, 2016 4:18 am

"
I thank you for your kind words on my betrothal Master Yoren. Thankfully Helen has traveled with our party and stayed in the Dulver camp, which has made this endeavor far more agreeable for me"
Ser Tymon said with a smile. "
I would have hated to not see her for the duration of these events, even though that is so many times the way of things as a knight. I always look forward to spending time at home, whether that is Lannisport or the Stony Heath. And what about you, are you looking forward to finishing events here and returning to your lands?"

Tymon Lannister

Back to top Go down

Post by Yoren longshore Sat Jan 23, 2016 3:45 pm

"
Nothing is quite like staring into your own fires, reading your own books. I long for home."
Yoren states.

"
If I spent too much time at home I would probably become bored, but right now a few weeks on my own lands could do me very well. Where is it that you spend the majority of your time?"
Yoren enquires. "
It can't be easy having two homes."
he then adds.

Yoren longshore

Back to top Go down

Post by Tymon Lannister Sun Jan 24, 2016 1:48 am

"
I have heard you are quite well traveled Master Yoren. Out of all those places you have visited, which did you like the most, and why?"
said Ser Tymon to Yoren.

"
I currently am back living as a guest at Stony Heath. I was born in Lannisport and came to Stony Heath to serve as a page when I was a young lad. I consider myself lucky to have two places I can call home, Lannisport and Stony Heath."
Ser Tymon said. "
I have only recently returned to Stony Heath, I served as a squire to Ser Alayne Tarly, and soon after being knighted my Lord Father and Lady Mother made a marriage pact with Lord and Lady Dulver for my betrothal to Lady Helen Dulver. After finishing a campaign with Ser Alayne, I returned to Stony Heath to spend time with Lady Helen. Thankfully she is a lovely young lady and as a surprise to both of us, we are both very happy with the match our parents made, which is hardly a given with arranged marriages."

Tymon Lannister

Back to top Go down

Post by Yoren longshore Mon Jan 25, 2016 7:24 am

"
Home, I'll grant you that it's nothing more than a barren rock, but it's my people's barren rock."
Yoren then thinks for a bit before he adds: "
I must admit that if it wasn't for my family ties I'd say that Myr would be the first place to go. It would be between Myr and Lys, but you have to be wealthy to fully enjoy the Lyseni hospitality."

"
Tarly, eh? That's a house with quite a bit of history isn't it?"
Yoren asks, before adding: "
As long as you are both satisfied with the match then I guess that it's all well. I wish you good luck."

Yoren longshore

Back to top Go down

Post by Tymon Lannister Mon Jan 25, 2016 8:58 pm

Tymon said to Yoren "
I have traveled a great deal, but only in Westeros. At some point in my life I would like to travel across the Narrow Sea. If I do I will make sure to visit Myr and Lys on your recommendation."
He chuckled and said "
I thank you for making sure I bring more gold than just my hair if I visit Lys."

"
House Tarly is a distinguished House and they have an excellent reputation for producing warriors of quality. Ser Alayne Tarly is such a warrior, a truly excellent knight, and an equally good man. It was these traits that spurred my Lord father and Lady mother to arrange for me to squire for Ser Alayne."

"
I thank you for your kind words regarding my betrothal. I am very happy with the match with Lady Helen, I don't think a better match could have been found."

Tymon Lannister

Back to top Go down

Post by Yoren longshore Thu Jan 28, 2016 2:51 pm

Yoren looks quizzically at the knight before asking conversationally: "
Isn't Dulver a quite minor house, is there any particular reason for that particular match?"

Yoren longshore

Back to top Go down

Post by Tymon Lannister Fri Jan 29, 2016 3:50 am

Tymon looked at Yoren and said "
With any arranged match there are always politics afoot, the strengthening of alliances and such. The Dulvers are bannermen to my family, and their fortune is one that is on the rise."
he said. He then smiled and said "
I have seen a few of my cousins as unhappy grooms and brides in matched marriages and I know that I am lucky that Lady Helen and I get along as well as we do."

Tymon Lannister

Back to top Go down

Post by Yoren longshore Sat Jan 30, 2016 11:58 am

"
Then I wish you good luck ser. Luceian: How are things looking out for you? Do you have a plan to drop the anchor, so to speak?"
Yoren asks the huntsman.

Yoren longshore

Back to top Go down

Post by Luecian LongBow Sun Jan 31, 2016 9:06 pm

"
Ser Tymon be a Lannister of the City as be our own Lady Dulver and as pleased as our good Ser is by the match, no one be happier than Lady Dulver herself. In me own opinion few be deserving happiness more than the Lady Dulver, meself be hard pressed to meet a kinder soul."

(OOC- Ser Tymon is a Lannister of Lannisport as is Lady Dulver)

The huntsman laughs and gives a shake of his head at Yoren's query. "
Me own mast and sails be plannin a few more voyages before anchorin near any favored port. What about yerself m'lord, any specific great lady yerslef be plannin on settlin down with?"

[url=Knowledge Check-Sailing and Ship knowledge][/url]: 2d6 10
Luecian LongBow
Luecian LongBow

Back to top Go down

Post by Yoren longshore Sun Feb 07, 2016 5:17 pm

"
Preferably a fat jolly one. Not too old, and willing to keep her nose out of men's business."
Yoren tells him with a smile: "
Alas, more than likely those will be the first any wise man would take, so I believe that they are in short supply."

"
I've be sailing a lot, and it's hard to drop the anchor for good."
He adds.

Yoren longshore

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2