Dragon's Dance
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

[Day 8 LM] The Naked Hare - A bargain stuck

Go down

[Day 8 LM] The Naked Hare - A bargain stuck Empty [Day 8 LM] The Naked Hare - A bargain stuck

Post by Septon Arlyn Thu Jan 21, 2016 3:19 am

Septon Arlyn arrived at the Naked Hare, a dancing rabbit was displayed on the two stories structure's sign. This is the place, a vulgar name but I guess the Lady of this place is quiet an interesting women. Let us see what she has to offer. Septon Arlyn entered the room and was delighted by the smell of the onions in the stew beginning to boil. A women was busy at the bar, slicing off hunks of meat from a lambs leg onto a wooden cutting board. Her hands still bloody the Large women blows a stray wisp of short thick brown hair out of her farce and yells out, her back still turned to the Septon she answered the door gruffly. "
Good mornin to ya. Just have yourself a seat and Anna will be right with ya. Anna!"
she bellows into the back area, most likely were the kitchen was. "
Do ya mind comin' out 'ere and finding out what our esteemed guess wants?"
she then mutters something under her breath about how with all these investigators around people couldn't find a moment of peace.

Anna approaches from the Kitchen, hands covered in flour with a small bit smeared onto her face. Her white apron protected her roughspun brown dress as she approaches the large Septon. "
Your Grace, "
She begins. "
It is an honor to have you in our humble inn, and at such an hour! Tell me, what can I help you with."
The sound of solid thunking pauses for a moment at the mention of such an esteemed guest, but the rhythm continues steadily, maybe even quickened slightly.

"
My name is Septon Arlyn, I come from House Dulver, one of the investigating houses under the kings banner."
Septon Arlyn sees the young girl resist rolling her eyes, likely thinking that they were coming to request supplies from the Inn under the "
kings name"

"
"
Aye, I've heard o' ya Dulvers, Graspen greedy bunch from what I hear. Tryin' to take Lord Blackwood from his family."
The force of the butcher's cleave increases, and Septon Arlyn hears more meat hit the wooden board. "
Dirty rotten Dulvers, who do they think they are..."
The women with the cleaver was quiet vocal in her opinions and was not shy about sharing what she thought either.

It's a good thing Ser Walton is not here the hear that Thinks Septon Arlyn tactfully. "
My Lady, you misunderstand my intentions here. I seek your services."

"
I'm sure you do Mr Holier then thou. All in the kings name right?"
The women's sarcasm is thick and she obviously was not afraid of confrontation with the Septon.

"
I feel like you still misunderstand me."
Septon Arlyn approaches the women. "
One of my old pupils, Ser Tymon Lannister, recently defeated a knight in a single pass. We Have just finished signing a peace treaty between the Blackwoods and Brackens."
The women snorts. "
And I'm Seeking to throw a party for the young Ser, As well as to celebrate the peace we have worked for."

"
So Let me Guess,"
She says, "
You want to rent out me Inn so you and your noble friends can pat yourself on the backs while the smallfolk be out starving in the streets?"
The women shakes her head. "
I'll be havin' no part in it."

"
Its not for the nobles..."
States Septon Arlyn, and looks at the shock noted in her look, "
This will be for the smallfolk. Oh Sure the nobles can come if they want, but this is an event for you, and the regular folks that came with us. And I will pay. You see I want to have some games, one such game to be an eating contest. Now I hear you make the best berry pies in the valley, I want you to make as many as you can, and I will pay you handsomely for it."
Septon Arlyn looks at he women. "
Now I understand that you probably have quiet a few contacts. I want you to bring them all in to make sure that this party is safe and successful. Most of the smallfolk simply want to live their lives in peace, so It is them that I've invited to this party, not the Blackwood and Bracken nobles who carry the grudge close to their hearts. So let us make this a safe place, and celebrate peace and food as needed for everyone."
Septon Arlyn looks to the women, pleading in his eyes and a small sack of coins in his hand and sets it on the counter. "
This is three Gold Dragons worth of coin. Can you make this a night to remember for that?"

"
Aye,"
The women rubs her chin, spreading blood across her face, "
I think I can"
She stretches forth her hand to Septon Arlyn. "
My name is Marielye, and you have yourself a deal."

[url=A bargain struck the naked hare day 8 LM][/url]: 6d6k5 22
vs ID of11 = 3 DOS

[Day 8 LM] The Naked Hare - A bargain stuck Brigh_in_traveler_s_clothes_by_onthemountaintop-d8zk50s.png
Septon Arlyn
Septon Arlyn

Back to top Go down