Dragon's Dance
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

[Day 8 ME-EN] The Naked Hare - Dulver's Celebration

5 posters

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

Go down

[Day 8 ME-EN] The Naked Hare - Dulver's Celebration Empty [Day 8 ME-EN] The Naked Hare - Dulver's Celebration

Post by Septon Arlyn Tue Jan 19, 2016 10:54 pm

The Dulver's gathered at the naked hair to celebrate the occasion of Ser Tymon Lannister's unseating of a knight if quality in a single pass. The festivities were greatly diminished from the Septon's original intent, as Terren's wise words of counsel dissuaded the Septon from extravagance. However the Septon was able to sneak through an eating contest, paying for it from his own funds.

The naked Hare was located in a market ward, surrounded by crowded avenues and colorful marketplaces. Its neighbors include the stately hall of the Fletchers Guild and the large home of the mayor.

The inn is a two-storey timber and brick building, with wrought iron tables and chairs. Accommodations consist of a single large room with wooden cots. A small stable behind the inn has room for a few horses.

The smell of Stewed Mutton and Blue Cheese, wafts across the inn from the cast iron pot placed over the fire. The Septon had already bought himself a tankard from the overweight innkeeper Marielye who had the look of the reach about her.

Septon was waiting for the others to arrive for the eating contest and making small talk with the inn keep, making kind hearted japes about his own weight and complimenting the cook on her stew.
Septon Arlyn
Septon Arlyn

Back to top Go down

[Day 8 ME-EN] The Naked Hare - Dulver's Celebration Empty Re: [Day 8 ME-EN] The Naked Hare - Dulver's Celebration

Post by Septon Arlyn Wed Jan 20, 2016 7:06 pm

"
Lord Yoren! "
Septon Arlyn waddled his way over to where the red priest had set himself up, enjoying the festivities. "
I'm so glad you could join us here today."
Septon Arlyn sets himself down heavily and pats his engorged belly, Yoren could almost tell that it seemed bigger then when Septon started the eating contest.

"
You may have won at the bartheld's party at riverrun, but here today it looks as though the fat man has taken the day."
Septon Arlyn grins at Yoren then winces slightly as a deep rumble is heard from the Septon's belly. The Septon pats it more gingerly then gives another more sheepish grin, "
although it was a close thing. I think I may have to wait another year before I try this again."
Septon Arlyn jokes.
Septon Arlyn
Septon Arlyn

Back to top Go down

[Day 8 ME-EN] The Naked Hare - Dulver's Celebration Empty Re: [Day 8 ME-EN] The Naked Hare - Dulver's Celebration

Post by Yoren longshore Thu Jan 21, 2016 2:10 pm

"
I cannot begrudge you your honest victory. I will of course demand a rematch whenever the circumstances demands it."
Yoren carefully looks down at his own stomach before asking: "
Why is it that people with extended girth can eat more? Wouldn't logic dictate that those with smaller circumference have more room to expand? I guess it's just the same as wealthy nobles earning more than their smallfolk. They earn more because they have more..."

As he answers his own question he asks the septon: "
You look a bit tired, and you fell asleep at the pavilion earlier, is anything the matter?"
Yoren looks concerned at the rotund man.

Yoren longshore

Back to top Go down

Post by Septon Arlyn Thu Jan 21, 2016 4:03 pm

"
No nothing is wrong,"
Septon Arlyn's face flushed with embarrassment, "
I merely spent the majority of the night working on the treaty. Then I was awoken for the precedings of your..."
Septon Arlyn searches for a word before dismissing it with a wave of his hand. "
Whatever that was. Lord Yoren, your a good man, but I'm going to reiterate my warning I have during the treaty discussion, words have power and the improper choosing of them may lead to unintended consequences."
Septon Arlyn looks back at Yoren with kindly concern. "
I've had my own incidents of improper word choice leading to unintended consequences. I know your brother ment a lot to you. I also believed he was on a higher path as well, but I guess we will never know what story he had left to tell as his and Baelon's choices lead him to the embrace of the stranger before he had a chance to redeem himself."

Septon Arlyn looks darkened for a moment, "
if only I had been able to ride a little faster so i could have intervened sooner. Or if Ser Jorah, Lady Corinne, or Lord Daveth had interceded to question your bastard brother instead of Lord Drakeson. Then I doubt Lady Gwyn would have felt the need to set you up in such a way."

Septon Arlyn turns towards Yoren, and places a meaty hand comfortingly on his shoulder. "
Lord Yoren, if you ever need to speak of your brothers death I can be an ear that will listen. I've worked with many people who have lost loved ones and helped them find peace. "
albeit usually with the help of the seven, but maybe I could change the words to find a way to incorporate them into his gods ways.

Septon Arlyn turns from the heavier topic and back to the lighter ( figuratively) point of conversation"
As to your question of how come fat men can eat more then skinny, it has to do with exercise my good friend."
Septon Arlyn winked at the fire priest. "
Just as I suspect you could outpace me in a foot race due to your exercising I bet, I exercise my stomach and mouth frequently for just such an occasion"
Septon Arlyn gestures to the empty pie pans that were being picked up by the various servers, Anna being amongst them.

"
So tell me, do you have any plans for when we ask part ways here?"
Asks the Septon curiously.
Septon Arlyn
Septon Arlyn

Back to top Go down

Post by Yoren longshore Thu Jan 21, 2016 7:30 pm

"
You can't stop trusting people just because there's a few bad ones. It's true that it's often the bad apples raising to the top, but that means that you just have to scoop more carefully. I have tasted bad pies in the past, I still trusted your expertise to provide exquisite pies."

Yoren is pausing for just long enough to let a great belch rupture to prove his point before continuing: "
Being alive brings with it a certainty for death. Athelstan knew that, just like I know that, just like we all know that. The only thing that is uncertain is where we all end up. Both me and Athelstan knew the dangers of coming here without men, we accepted that risk, as we believed that it would de escaltate the conflict. I'm not going to be sorry for Athelstan, someone else will take care of him. I will instead focus on us who remain. I may need some help with that, but I've worked through death before, and I will do so again."

Yoren pats the septon back before asking hesitantly: "
I've never heard of your family, are they still... Present?"

"
I'm not really going to do to much. I try to learn my people the tongue of the rest of the seven kingdoms, that's a daunting task for any man. Then I'm also preparing for my sisters wedding. I have plenty to keep my hands busy with. How about you septon? Apart from being enjoyable company, what do you intend to do?"

Yoren longshore

Back to top Go down

Post by Terren Dulver Thu Jan 21, 2016 8:18 pm

After Terren has gathered his strength after the draining eating competition, he notices Lord Yoren and Septon Arlyn speaking to one another and decides that it might be prudent to finally meet Lord Yoren. Terren will bow courteously towards Lord Yoren and say: “A pleasure to make your acquaintance Lord Yoren, I believe we haven’t properly met before, I am Terren Dulver, at your service. He will then smile to the septon and add: “I hope I am not interrupting an important conversation?”

Terren Dulver

Back to top Go down

Post by Yoren longshore Thu Jan 21, 2016 9:59 pm

"
We are discussing food, and given that it keeps us all alive I'd consider it of utmost importance."
Yoren smiles as he puts forth his hand.

"
A pleasure to meet you. We are companions in defeat before the septons impressive prowess at the dinner table, a defeat shared is lessened wouldn't you say?"

Yoren longshore

Back to top Go down

Post by Septon Arlyn Fri Jan 22, 2016 4:40 pm

Yoren longshore wrote:"
You can't stop trusting people just because there's a few bad ones. It's true that it's often the bad apples raising to the top, but that means that you just have to scoop more carefully. I have tasted bad pies in the past, I still trusted your expertise to provide exquisite pies."

Septon Arlyn laughs heartily at that thought. "
Oh Pies and lies right?"
Oh a more serious note Septon Arlyn continues, "
Lord Yoren, you are correct that you must be careful in choosing which fruit to eat, but even bad apples have uses, such as for cider, or as feed for cattle. All people have uses, and it is up to the gods to use us how they will."

Yoren longshore wrote:Yoren is pausing for just long enough to let a great belch rupture to prove his point before continuing: "
Being alive brings with it a certainty for death. Athelstan knew that, just like I know that, just like we all know that. The only thing that is uncertain is where we all end up. Both me and Athelstan knew the dangers of coming here without men, we accepted that risk, as we believed that it would de escalate the conflict. I'm not going to be sorry for Athelstan, someone else will take care of him. I will instead focus on us who remain. I may need some help with that, but I've worked through death before, and I will do so again."

Yoren pats the septon back before asking hesitantly: "
I've never heard of your family, are they still... Present?"

"
Aye, I believe so."
a look of longing passes over the Septon's face. "
My father was the landed knight sworn to the Mootons of maidenpool, I was his third son, and he did not have much to offer me. The Maester of the Mooton's suggested that I join the Maesters in the citadel, but my father did not have the funds. Instead I went to the starry Sept and gave up my family name when I joined the holy brothers."
Septon Arlyn looks mildly wistful, then shakes himself from his reverie."
Aye, but I'm a man of the faith now, so now all people are my family."
Septon Arlyn smiles and laughs, momentary memories forgotten in the joviality of the moment.

I'm not really going to do to much. I try to learn my people the tongue of the rest of the seven kingdoms, that's a daunting task for any man. Then I'm also preparing for my sisters wedding. I have plenty to keep my hands busy with. How about you septon? Apart from being enjoyable company, what do you intend to do?"

"
Well I intend to find Eddard Peake and have him teach me how to be a better healer. I've heard that he has a gift for such things."
Septon Arlyn looks a little distant. "
If I have learned anything this week it is that the realm can never have enough men who are healers. As well I have been asked to officiate the wedding for Lord Redwyne, your soon to be brother in Law I believe."
Septon Arlyn gives a warm smile and takes another drink from his tankard.

Terren Dulver wrote:After Terren has gathered his strength after the draining eating competition, he notices Lord Yoren and Septon Arlyn speaking to one another and decides that it might be prudent to finally meet Lord Yoren. Terren will bow courteously towards Lord Yoren and say: “A pleasure to make your acquaintance Lord Yoren, I believe we haven’t properly met before, I am Terren Dulver, at your service. He will then smile to the septon and add: “I hope I am not interrupting an important conversation?”

We are discussing food, and given that it keeps us all alive I'd consider it of utmost importance."
Yoren smiles as he puts forth his hand.

"
A pleasure to meet you. We are companions in defeat before the septons impressive prowess at the dinner table, a defeat shared is lessened wouldn't you say?"

Septon Arlyn laughs at Yorens jest and smiles as Terren Joins in. "
Come My Lord Terren, Lord Yoren, You both put up a magnificent challenge, especially for such thin men as you two are against a man of my girth."
Septon Arlyn laughs.
Septon Arlyn
Septon Arlyn

Back to top Go down

Post by Yoren longshore Sat Jan 23, 2016 3:49 pm

"
Speaking of which, a bit of cider would not hurt right now."
Yoren tells the septon as he goes to find a pitcher. When he comes back he asks Terren: "
Is it your sister that is getting married away?"

Yoren longshore

Back to top Go down

Post by Ser Walton Dulver Sat Jan 23, 2016 6:26 pm

[Day 8 ME-EN] The Naked Hare - Dulver's Celebration 207q2j4.jpg
[url=Guards][/url]: 6d6k4 16
[url=Awarness][/url]: 4d6k3 9
Ser Garred Mountfort was walking around slowly, clothed in his hard leather armour and with long sword at his belt. He was not paying attention to barmaids, just gently moving them off his way, while watching carefully surroundings and supervising his soldiers selected to be on duty during this evening of relax. Area was crowdy and it was hard to maintain concentration, but Garred and his soldier knew that duty is duty, and it's not their thing to discuss.

[Day 8 ME-EN] The Naked Hare - Dulver's Celebration TMI8gfvQk73AqdeVt0Qs.png
Ser Walton Dulver was among the guests, finally not in his armour, but leather clothes instead. As soldier he was putting leather above velvets and silks. His clothing was simple, small Dulvers' sigil sewed on center of his chest was only decoration, not counting small seven-pointed star hanging on his neck. Necklace also had Dulvers' hammer in center of star. He was greeting guests and saluting with cup of wine to his soldiers whenever they called him. At first, amused greeted Septon Arlyn, Terren and Yoren, who were participating in eating contest. "
Few more contests and You can become High Septon, dear Arlyn"
Walton commented, what caused storm of laughter among gathered. He watched for a moment contest, but soon took another cup of wine and went away to not disturb them. Young heir of Stony Heath was putting drinking contests above those with pies, but it was not good moment for starting contest like that- even if it would surely get popular during the evening. Finally he stopped at tables, where arm wrestling competition was held. One by one, brave opponents were leaving his table with their heads down, beaten. When no one else seemed interested in trying his arm's strength, Walton with smile tossed silver coin to barmaid, who was watching over the contest, then left to find known faces among the crowd...
Ser Walton Dulver
Ser Walton Dulver

Back to top Go down

Post by Tymon Lannister Sun Jan 24, 2016 3:48 am

Ser Tymon sat at a table with Lady Helen Dulver, with her handmaiden nearby for propriety sake, but far enough away for the young couple to have their privacy. The couple was sharing a bottle of wine and talking, smiling, and laughing, as they usually did when together. Ser Tymon thought to himself, "
I truly am lucky to have been matched with such an incredible young lady. Thank the gods my family made a match with Lady Helen and not some young noble lady who was without the intelligence the gods gave my courser, or who was cruel and without heart, or a woman who was ugly to behold. He had met many such young ladies growing up, whose families had wanted to marry their daughters to the son of a Lannister lord."

Tymon Lannister

Back to top Go down

Post by Septon Arlyn Wed Jan 27, 2016 9:21 pm

Speaking of which, a bit of cider would not hurt right now."
Yoren tells the septon as he goes to find a pitcher. When he comes back he asks Terren: "
Is it your sister that is getting married away?"

Taking note of Terren's quiet demeanor Septon Arlyn boisterously pipes in, "
Aye she certainly is here"
Septon Arlyn drawls and gestures flamboyantly over Ser Tymon Lannister sitting next a beautiful young women. "
Nothing but the best for our cousin's the Lannister's and my daughter Helena! States Lord Dulver himself. A cunning young women, she got her father's brains and her mother's beauty, much in line with young Terren Dulver here!"

Septon Arlyn claps Terren on the back then smiles over at the couple.

"
Aye she would make a strong match to any man, but with Ser Tymon I see her doing great things, for she has great love for those beneath her, even if she is somewhat forgetful of her station."
Septon Arlyn chuckles slightly. "
I an not tell you the number of times I dragged her away from the archery range and back to her needle work. 'But Septon, 'she would complain, 'if I am good at a thing why can I not practice to make myself better?' She would ask with an impish gap toothed grin on her face, her nobly knees red from the scrapes and scuffles she found herself in. Took after her elder brother more than in that respect, eh Terren?"
Septon Arlyn kindly japes at Terren good naturedly, "
anyways I would always responded 'because if your pious mother found out I was letting you play bows and arrows, and wrestle with your brothers, she would question my abilities as your teacher! To which she always responded, 'five minutes?' With such pleading playfulness in her eyes, I simply couldn't say no."
Septon Arlyn chuckles at the found memories then asks Yoren, "
I hear your sister has a similar way about her with an axe, but I guess that more natural for an ironborn women then a Greenlander as your people called us yes? "
asks Septon Arlyn curiously.
Septon Arlyn
Septon Arlyn

Back to top Go down

Post by Yoren longshore Thu Jan 28, 2016 2:50 pm

"
We cannot afford to waste skill, regardless of sex. Even the north is a lot more heavily populated. I don't think it matters too much who wields the axe, as long as it chops the heads of the right people."
Yoren thinks for a moment before he tells Arlyn: "
The only reason why armies are made up of men is that men are stronger, while women may give birth to extra men for any later conflict. Women breeds the next generation, and we need more people for the next generation. Therefore it is worrying that so many women take up arms, but it's little we can do about it. All we can do is to make the best of the situation."

Yoren does not sound overly worried d about the situation.

Yoren longshore

Back to top Go down

Post by Ser Walton Dulver Sat Jan 30, 2016 5:59 pm

Walton was spending the evening among the soldiers, on loud talk and even louder laughs. At first, he didn't notice barmaid, who approached him with purse full of silver coins, so she had to pull his arm to turn back. When he quickly pulled her on his laps, she fought back, but it was obvious, that she didn't especially want to free herself from the grip. "
Arm wrestling contest?"
, he only asked surprised, when she handed him money. With free hand, he deftly took out one of coins, which he slipped into barmaid's cleavage, before flooding it profusely with ale. Not loosening the grip, he took dagger from belt of Dulver infantryman sitting next to him, cut the purse. Without word, he just threw money among the crowd in the middle of the inn. Silver rain covered men and women, causing small fuss for a while, but as soon as all coins were picked up, situation came back to previous state.

Rest of evening just passed as usual: causing few swellings, few cuts, and few bastards surely...
Ser Walton Dulver
Ser Walton Dulver

Back to top Go down

Post by Septon Arlyn Sun Jan 31, 2016 5:43 pm

We cannot afford to waste skill, regardless of sex. Even the north is a lot more heavily populated. I don't think it matters too much who wields the axe, as long as it chops the heads of the right people."
Yoren thinks for a moment before he tells Arlyn: "
The only reason why armies are made up of men is that men are stronger, while women may give birth to extra men for any later conflict. Women breeds the next generation, and we need more people for the next generation. Therefore it is worrying that so many women take up arms, but it's little we can do about it. All we can do is to make the best of the situation."

Yoren does not sound overly worried d about the situation.

Septon Arlyn nods his head, "
This is true, sometimes women must know that they are less expendable then men. For women often great death more frequently then men. even in the bringing of new life into this world women can find themselves begin faced with the stranger. So why should they go seek him out on the battlefield? It is a womens place to rule, but only in dire circumstances. Besides, it is a man himself who sets himself up to be lord paramount, even after The king named his only daughter heir to prevent such a thing from happening."
Septon arlyn was Clearly drunk, as his words were beginning to loose sense and politics were making the way to the forefront of his thoughts. TAlking such things were dangerous in the best of times, but with how tensions had been these were not the best of times.
Septon Arlyn
Septon Arlyn

Back to top Go down

Post by Yoren longshore Wed Feb 03, 2016 12:35 pm

At once the septon starts speaking dangerously Yoren does seem to shrug of the wine. While keeping a smile he quietly puts a hand around the septon and tries to lead him out for a little air.

Yoren longshore

Back to top Go down

Post by Terren Dulver Wed Feb 03, 2016 1:30 pm

Terren will share a quick glance with Yoren and will help lead the Septon outside, whilst trying to change the subject. "
I do agree Septon, however, let's not talk politics, this is a moment of celebration, I'm sure we can discuss this at another time."

Terren Dulver

Back to top Go down

Post by Septon Arlyn Wed Feb 03, 2016 4:12 pm

Septon Arlyn let's himself be led from the celebration by Yoren, grabbing a mug of Mead in his meaty fist he stumbled slightly on his way out the door, sending his excess skin flabbing. "
One more for the road,"
he slurs slightly, drink clearly overcoming his good sense. "
Dragons can't deprive a Septon of another drink."
Septon Arlyn boastfully retorts, bringing the tankard up to his lips. Before he is lead out the door. "
Terren be a good boy now! Remember that pretty ladies can be fun to talk to!"
Septon Arlyn
Septon Arlyn

Back to top Go down

Post by Yoren longshore Sun Feb 07, 2016 5:11 pm

Dragons can delrive you of your very life young man. Yoren thinks as he drags Arlyn along. When outside he takes him over to a water barrel. Firmly he tells the septon: "
Drink water, or you'll regret it tomorrow."

To Terren he explains: "
Arlyn was up most last night, you should never drink while tired."
Yoren is now seemingly sober.

Yoren longshore

Back to top Go down

Post by Septon Arlyn Wed Feb 10, 2016 5:39 am

Septon Arlyn splashes his face into the water and begins sloppily slurping it up with his tongue like a dog. Finally standing up he lets out a loud belch, turning green he rushes over to the side of the building. Bending over he places one hand on the wooden siding of the inn and heaved the contents of his stomach over the ground. After a few more reches onto the ground he slowly wipes his face with his forearm. Turning back to Terren and Yoren Septon Arlyn smiles weakly, his face was sweaty and pale. "
Yorensss quite right myboy"
stammer's Septon Arlyn. Pointing up to the sky the Septon continues on, "
you must replenish the humors that you lose from the excess drink to become balanced again."
Septon Arlyn brings his hands together in a prayerful position, then hiccups slightly and almost losses his balance.

Sobering slightly from the experience the Septon makes his way back over to the rain barrel. Cupping his hands the Septon drinks more water, then splashes his face with the refreshing rain water. "
If the gods be good to me hopefully I won't be hung over."
Replies the Septon sheepishly.
Septon Arlyn
Septon Arlyn

Back to top Go down

Post by Yoren longshore Fri Feb 12, 2016 9:17 pm

Hopefully you will be hungover, and hopefully you'll learn to limit yourself to next time septon. Yoren thinks to himself, however all he does is smiling while telling the septon: "
Good job septon, A little more water, and a few slices of bread, and I would say that you are properly prepared for a good, pleasant morning tomorrow. "

Yoren longshore

Back to top Go down

Post by Septon Arlyn Sun Feb 14, 2016 8:49 am

I can already feel the pressure behind my eyes, and I promised Lady Corinne I would be leaving at first light. With that event in supposed to be going to tonight in the bartheld pavilion it will be a bad day tomorrow. I had best get some water in me as Yoren says. Hopefully some willows bark will help with headaches I might have. Amazing stuff that bark, I wonder if the essence to be distilled from the bark to provide a more potent medication. Septon felt his mind begin to wander so he brought it back to the task at hand water, I need more water Septon Arlyn bends over the barrel and forced himself to drink. at least this is fresh rain water. you have drunk worse things in your life before the Septon thinks to himself.

After a few moments the Septon straightened, "
thank you Yoren. The evening is getting late, let us travel to the bartheld pavilion, I believe Ser Walton said he wanted us to review this map of Lord Baratheld if something?"
The details were still a bit fuzzy, but the Septon thinks I think i remember sir Walton saying something to that effect. "
do you want to travel with us?"
Asks the Septon, oblivious to the sort of state he was in.

I wonder if Nathan is there? questions Septon Arlyn, I have not seen him around very much since Lord bartheld came to take over the investigations of house Bartheld and that... Incident at the Septry. I guess punishment is what we are calling that now the thoughts and memories of the screams of agony from the three prisoners still haunted his mind as the watched them slowly fade into unconsciousness. I can feel the coppery taste in my mouth again, was that justice we did or vengeance Septon Arlyn was still not yet clear enough to find an answer to the question he asked himself.

Septon Arlyn shakes him self and then gives a jovial smile to Yoren.

[url=Knowledge streetwise day 8, what's up with market town?][/url]: 4d6 17

getting a +1 to assist from Ser Walton, making the total 18

Last edited by 167 on Wed Feb 17, 2016 12:26 pm; edited 1 time in total
Septon Arlyn
Septon Arlyn

Back to top Go down

Post by Yoren longshore Tue Feb 16, 2016 12:50 pm

"
An early bed would perhaps suit us better, but I can certainly have a look at the map first."
Yoren lends the septon a shoulder if the septon needs assistance with his walking, but he keeps a brisk pace as they move through the camp.

Yoren longshore

Back to top Go down

Post by Septon Arlyn Tue Feb 16, 2016 1:01 pm

Septon Arlyn is too prideful to take ht eoffered shoulder, but travels with Yoren to the tent, hoping to follow his other sage advice and try to get to bed early
Septon Arlyn
Septon Arlyn

Back to top Go down

Post by Yoren longshore Tue Feb 16, 2016 3:51 pm

After they went to see the map Yoren asks Arlyn: "
What did you see, apart from an ardous sea journey? did you find anything of note?"

Yoren longshore

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next