Dragon's Dance
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

D7 LE A chance to unwind

5 posters

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

Go down

D7 LE A chance to unwind Empty D7 LE A chance to unwind

Post by Ser Jorah Holt Thu Jan 21, 2016 12:37 pm

Fresh from working at the Septry and keeping a general patrol of the area, Ser Jorah was looking for a way to unwind at the tavern.

He'd let it be known that this would a safe place for investigators to congregate without the disputes that had been plaguing some parties.

Ser Jorah Holt

Back to top Go down

D7 LE A chance to unwind Empty Re: D7 LE A chance to unwind

Post by Tymon Lannister Fri Jan 22, 2016 1:47 am

Ser Tymon entered the ramshackle tavern and spotted Ser Jorah Holt. He strode towards Ser Jorah with a smile on his face. Good evening Ser Jorah, I am Ser Tymon Lannister, do you mind if I join you and share your table?"

Tymon Lannister

Back to top Go down

Post by Ser Jorah Holt Fri Jan 22, 2016 12:33 pm

Ser Jorah noted the Lannister name and coat of arms and indicated for the man to join him. He had heard of a Lannister knight defeating Ser Colyn Manderley in one tilt. That was due some respect.

"
Welcome Ser, please take a seat. Are you the knight who defeated Ser Colyn the other day?"

Ser Jorah Holt

Back to top Go down

Post by Kevan Lyras Fri Jan 22, 2016 12:45 pm

Kevan entered the tavern, arm in arm with his wife, Lady Sofia. As he spotted his friend Jorah, the two of them walked over and joined him and the appareant Lannister knight. "
Hi Jorah, I am not sure if I already introduced the two of you formally. This is my wife, Lady Sofia. Sofia, this is Ser Jorah Holt, rumoured to be the next knight of the kingsguard."
, he turned around to the other visitor and introduced himself: "
I am Ser Kevan Lyras, glad to meet you, Ser!"

Kevan Lyras

Back to top Go down

Post by Tymon Lannister Sat Jan 23, 2016 1:19 am

Ser Tymon said to Ser Jorah "
I thank you for your hospitality Ser"
and sat down at the table. "
It was I who defeated Ser Colyn Manderley in the lists, he is a fine warrior and a good man. I was quite fortunate to unhorse a knight of such skill in one pass."
said Ser Tymon. "
I still think the presence of my betrothed, Lady Helen Dulver, provided the luck I needed for such a result"

As they were talking Ser Tymon noticed a knight and his lady enter the tavern arm in arm. They approached the table he and Ser Jorah were sitting at and the knight introduced himself as Ser Kevan Lyras and introduced his wife, Lady Sofia, to Ser Jorah. Ser Tymon rose out of respect for the lady and said to the newcomer "
Ser Kevan, it is a good to meet you, I am Ser Tymon Lannister"
he turned to Lady Sofia and said "
It is a pleasure to meet you as well Lady Sofia"

Tymon Lannister

Back to top Go down

Post by Ser Jorah Holt Sat Jan 23, 2016 9:05 am

Tymon Lannister wrote:Ser Tymon said to Ser Jorah "
I thank you for your hospitality Ser"
and sat down at the table. "
It was I who defeated Ser Colyn Manderley in the lists, he is a fine warrior and a good man. I was quite fortunate to unhorse a knight of such skill in one pass."
said Ser Tymon. "
I still think the presence of my betrothed, Lady Helen Dulver, provided the luck I needed for such a result"

"
Sometimes luck is all a joust will come down to;
anything that can inspire you can only be a good thing."

Kevan Lyras wrote:Kevan entered the tavern, arm in arm with his wife, Lady Sofia. As he spotted his friend Jorah, the two of them walked over and joined him and the appareant Lannister knight. "
Hi Jorah, I am not sure if I already introduced the two of you formally. This is my wife, Lady Sofia. Sofia, this is Ser Jorah Holt, rumoured to be the next knight of the kingsguard."
, he turned around to the other visitor and introduced himself: "
I am Ser Kevan Lyras, glad to meet you, Ser!"

"
Welcome Lady Sofia, it is an honour to meet you finally in person,"
he smiled at them both and stood up to bow to Lady Sofia, "
Ser Kevan is a very lucky man."

ooc
Sofia knows who Ser Jorah is after he fought Ser Benjen Frey at the Riverrun Tourney

Ser Jorah Holt

Back to top Go down

Post by Kevan Lyras Tue Jan 26, 2016 9:00 pm

Lady Sofia answered the knights' introduction with a curtsey and a smile. "
It is I who is lucky to have him Ser Jorah. It is nice to hear that your deeds are being recognized by the crown itself."

Turning to the lion, Kevan replied with a smile: "
Jorah is right, I would take luck over skill anytime. Best to be lucky and skilled though."

The Marsten retainer pulled over two chairs and offered one to his wife. "
So, how are things going Ser Tymon. Is the wedding with Lady Dulver already scheduled?"

Kevan Lyras

Back to top Go down

Post by Tymon Lannister Wed Jan 27, 2016 7:06 am

Ser Tymon said to the group "
I have only recently arrived back in Stony Heath and both Helen and my parents wanted to make sure the match was good before setting a date"
He smiles, laughs, and says "
Both Lady Helen and I agree the match is outstanding, so now we only await our Lord Fathers and Lady Mothers agreeing on a date, deciding on a location, and deciding on a menu that will be served. I only hope they can agree on those things in a manner that is on the quick rather than slow side, as I know I am ready to drape Lady Helen in a crimson cloak of the Lion and I believe she is ready as well. I feel like a fool for saying all that, but I am surprised that my arranged match would actually end up ..... a match."

"
So far, I think my jousting since arriving has been mostly about the favor of Lady Helen, luck, and the constant voice of Ser Alayne in my head, telling me to correct whatever mistake I am making in the tilt."
He turned to Lady Sofia and said "
It is an honor to be introduced to, and be at a table with, a true beauty of Westeros Lady Sofia"
he said with a smile. Then with mock gravity, and in jest, he said "
And I suppose, it is quite a consolation prize to also meet two knights of skill, most who would say are among the best in the list within the seven kingdoms"

Last edited by 201 on Wed Jan 27, 2016 3:36 pm; edited 1 time in total

Tymon Lannister

Back to top Go down

Post by Kevan Lyras Wed Jan 27, 2016 7:18 am

"
Ser Alayne.."
, Kevan's smile disappeared for a moment before he regained his composure again. "
You have been a squire to Ser Alayne Tarly, Ser? I was made a knight by the man himself, although the circumstances were... unfortunate at best"

Kevan Lyras

Back to top Go down

Post by Tymon Lannister Wed Jan 27, 2016 3:51 pm

Tymon could see a change in the demeanor of Ser Kevan and only hoped he had not accidentally insulted him. Tymon grew more serious, saying "
Ser Kevan, I hope I did not offend."

"
To answer your question Ser Kevan, aye, it was Ser Alayne Tarly that I squired for, and was knighted by. I left him a little more than a year ago to return back to Lannisport and Casterly Rock to spend some time with my family before returning to the Stony Heath and Lady Helen. Ser Alayne was a taskmaster with his instruction, his tutelage and mentorship will serve me well I think. His teachings of focus and mental preparation have saved me more than once in the short time I have been knighted."

Tymon Lannister

Back to top Go down

Post by Kevan Lyras Wed Jan 27, 2016 5:55 pm

"
No ser, nothing you said could be understood as an offence. Please forgive my reaction. I was knighted by Ser Alayne some six years ago at Faircastle. I have nothing but positive things to say about the man. It is just... the day I became a knight is still one of the most painful memories I bear with me. You see, I was no squire to Ser Alayne, but rather to Ser Marlon Raft, a household knight of House Tully. He was everything I could hope for in a teacher and a friend as well. It was him who made me into what I am now. The day I became a knight, was the day he died..."

Kevan took a large gulp from his beer mug, while his wife leaned againstchis shoulder.
"
But let us not dwell in the unpleasant parts of our past. What are your plans of the future? Will you and Lady Helen live at Casterly Rock, once you are married, or stay at Stony Heath?"

Kevan Lyras

Back to top Go down

Post by Tymon Lannister Fri Jan 29, 2016 3:37 am

Tymon was quite somber by the direction that the discussion had taken. He said "
Ser Kevan, I had no idea, I regret that the conversation led to a place of sadness."

He was glad Kevan had led the discussion in another direction, and gladly changed topics to one that was hopefully without any of the melancholy of their previous discussion. "
Currently the plan is to remain at Stony Heath for a time before deciding where we will live permanently. I enjoy the area and it seems I have arrived at an interesting time with the events happening recently."
he said, before taking a drink from his cup of wine.

Tymon Lannister

Back to top Go down

Post by Ser Jorah Holt Fri Jan 29, 2016 12:26 pm

Kevan Lyras wrote:Lady Sofia answered the knights' introduction with a curtsey and a smile. "
It is I who is lucky to have him Ser Jorah. It is nice to hear that your deeds are being recognized by the crown itself."

“If you make each other happy as you seem to, then you are both very lucky,” He smiled at the couple, “and may your betrothal be as blessed Ser Tymon.”

Kevan Lyras wrote:Turning to the lion, Kevan replied with a smile: "
Jorah is right, I would take luck over skill anytime. Best to be lucky and skilled though."

“But luck can take you quite far,” Ser Jorah winked at Ser Kevan with a slightly mischievous smile.

Tymon Lannister wrote:Tymon was quite somber by the direction that the discussion had taken. He said "
Ser Kevan, I had no idea, I regret that the conversation led to a place of sadness."

Jorah stood up and held out his goblet. The conversation made him think of his own knighting, which had been a strange situation as well.

“To the knights who trained us. May we do them proud with our deeds and words. May their guidance help us do right by the people we love and may our oaths help us the right thing.”

Ser Jorah Holt

Back to top Go down

Post by Tymon Lannister Sat Jan 30, 2016 2:14 am

Ser Tymon stood and held out his cup of wine as Ser Jorah raised his goblet in a toast. Tymon said "
To the knights that trained us."

Tymon Lannister

Back to top Go down

Post by Ser Jorah Holt Sun Jan 31, 2016 9:13 am

"
Ser Tymon, will you be entering Lord Dulver's service?"
Jorah asked, placing his goblet on the table, "
Talking of service, I ran into a young new lord earlier today who kept trying to sell me cider. Have any of you encountered him?"

Ser Jorah Holt

Back to top Go down

Post by Tymon Lannister Mon Feb 01, 2016 1:51 am

Tymon turned to Ser Jorah and said "
Ser Jorah, I am currently a guest of the Dulver's at Stony Heath. We have not yet broached the subject of service. Although I love the Rock, and Lannisport, I feel like I may have more opportunity here. I am a Lannister but my parents do not rule the Rock, an uncle is Lord of the Rock. What was the name of the new lord Ser Jorah, I have not run into anyone selling cider besides this fat inkeep"
he said, laughing.

Tymon Lannister

Back to top Go down

Post by Kevan Lyras Mon Feb 01, 2016 8:55 pm

"
To the knights who trained us!"
, Kevan echoed as well, raising his goblet. At Jorah's playful remarks, he raised an eyebrow: "
Thinking of any specific incident good Ser?"
, his smile indicated that he was taking it in good humour.

"
I believe you are talking about Lord Redwain. A curious man from what I learned so far. He is a vassal of House Frey and about to wed into House Longshore. A merchant lord would have been the last man to bond with the Ironborn!"

Kevan Lyras

Back to top Go down

Post by Benedict Marsten Mon Feb 01, 2016 11:38 pm

Quietly and unpresumptuously the Marsten's enter, Ben holding the door for his lady wife. Eying Kevan and Sophia Ben gives a wave and nod, before removing Corrine's cloak and his own. Draping them both across his arm he offers his free arm to her.

Leaning in he whispers to her before making there way into the common room. A devilish smile turns the corners of his mouth.
Benedict Marsten
Benedict Marsten

Back to top Go down

Post by Lady Corrine Marsten Tue Feb 02, 2016 3:57 am

Ben's whispered comment makes Corrine blush lightly and giggle.

"
Thank you, darling. I hope so."

She glances around the room, waving to Kevan &
Sofia with a big smile, before looking back to Ben;

"
Whom shall we sit with?"
Lady Corrine Marsten
Lady Corrine Marsten

Back to top Go down

Post by Ser Jorah Holt Tue Feb 02, 2016 12:21 pm

Kevan Lyras wrote:"
To the knights who trained us!"
, Kevan echoed as well, raising his goblet. At Jorah's playful remarks, he raised an eyebrow: "
Thinking of any specific incident good Ser?"
, his smile indicated that he was taking it in good humour.

"
A certain joust where a certain knight almost fell off his horse and then went on to win by a judge's decision perhaps."
Jorah had a broad smile on his face.

Tymon Lannister wrote:Tymon turned to Ser Jorah and said "
Ser Jorah, I am currently a guest of the Dulver's at Stony Heath. We have not yet broached the subject of service. Although I love the Rock, and Lannisport, I feel like I may have more opportunity here. I am a Lannister but my parents do not rule the Rock, an uncle is Lord of the Rock. What was the name of the new lord Ser Jorah, I have not run into anyone selling cider besides this fat inkeep"
he said, laughing.

"
There is always opportunity and new banner men seem to be coming out of the woodwork recently. If you are looking for opportunities with the Crown, there may be something happening soon if you wish to prove yourself."

"
I believe you are talking about Lord Redwain. A curious man from what I learned so far. He is a vassal of House Frey and about to wed into House Longshore. A merchant lord would have been the last man to bond with the Ironborn!"

"
That's the man. Considering whom his Lord is, I'm not sure Lord Redwain has entirely considered whom he will be getting as a wife. As I understand it, she will be no shrinking violet, especially if he tries to keep her away from the sea."

Ser Jorah Holt

Back to top Go down

Post by Benedict Marsten Wed Feb 03, 2016 3:27 am

Lady Corrine Marsten wrote:Ben's whispered comment makes Corrine blush lightly and giggle.

"
Thank you, darling. I hope so."

She glances around the room, waving to Kevan &
Sofia with a big smile, before looking back to Ben;

"
Whom shall we sit with?"

"
Well let's greet Kevan and the others at his table and we can go from there."

The pair approach the assembled knights and lady. Ben places a hand on Kevan's shoulder in greeting as he bends to kiss Sophia's cheek. "
Cousins, good evening."

Then he extends his hand to Ser Jorah. Ben smiles genuinely. "
It appears this event has given us little time to interact Ser Jorah. It's a pity. I know I could use some more of your lessons."

Turning to the new face in the crowd, he nods. "
Ser Tymon, I don't believe we have been formally introduced. I am Ser Benedict Marsten and this is my wife Lady Corrine Marsten."
He sweeps his hand out to indicate Corrine and then offers it to Tymon.
Benedict Marsten
Benedict Marsten

Back to top Go down

Post by Ser Jorah Holt Wed Feb 03, 2016 12:29 pm

Benedict Marsten wrote:
"
Well let's greet Kevan and the others at his table and we can go from there."

The pair approach the assembled knights and lady. Ben places a hand on Kevan's shoulder in greeting as he bends to kiss Sophia's cheek. "
Cousins, good evening."

Then he extends his hand to Ser Jorah. Ben smiles genuinely. "
It appears this event has given us little time to interact Ser Jorah. It's a pity. I know I could use some more of your lessons."

Turning to the new face in the crowd, he nods. "
Ser Tymon, I don't believe we have been formally introduced. I am Ser Benedict Marsten and this is my wife Lady Corrine Marsten."
He sweeps his hand out to indicate Corrine and then offers it to Tymon.

Jorah shook Benedict's hands firmly and bowed slightly to Corrine.

"
Lady and Lord Marsten, it is good to see you both again and in good health. Alas, we have all been so busy with events here that there has been little time to relax. I remember last year that Lord Dunstan Tullison used to arrange these evenings. It is a pity he has not had chance this year. I understand congratulations are in order to you both for the birth of a daughter I believe. That was certainly very soon after your marriage. Your mother must be delighted to have a granddaughter to dote on."

"
Lord Benedict, I would also like to commend your squire on his assistance in the caverns. He helped prevent further disaster . I don't think you require any further training from me judging by how well you have trained him."

Ser Jorah Holt

Back to top Go down

Post by Lady Corrine Marsten Wed Feb 03, 2016 5:19 pm

"
Thank you, Ser Jorah,"
Corrine smiles warmly, and curtsies. "
The Gods did indeed see fit to bless us swiftly with a daughter, Bethany. I believe she has begun to melt even my mother's frosty exterior,"
she adds, with an amiable giggle. "
We're looking forward to having our family back together again."
Lady Corrine Marsten
Lady Corrine Marsten

Back to top Go down

Post by Tymon Lannister Thu Feb 04, 2016 3:20 am

Tymon greeted Benedict and Corrine properly and with the respect their station deserved, saying "
Lord Benedict, Lady Corrine, it is a pleasure to make your acquaintance."

Tymon Lannister

Back to top Go down

Post by Lady Corrine Marsten Thu Feb 04, 2016 11:02 pm

Tymon Lannister wrote:Tymon greeted Benedict and Corrine properly and with the respect their station deserved, saying "
Lord Benedict, Lady Corrine, it is a pleasure to make your acquaintance."

"
And it is a pleasure to make yours too, Ser. Forgive me, but we have been very busy with the investigations and the treaty. I do not know which House you accompany here."
Lady Corrine Marsten
Lady Corrine Marsten

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum