Dragon's Dance
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Meeting grounds (OOC help to arrange IC meetings)

+33
Jon Templeton
Darron Greyjoy
Ser Alfred Haigh
Ereth Redwain
Davain Bartheld
Marq Mooton
Samurel Manderly
Ser Walton Dulver
Luecian LongBow
Derrock Swann
Maester Colton
Reader
Septon Arlyn
Dyana Marsten
Jon Cobb
Ser Fendrel Bartheld
Daveth Coldbrook
Kevan Lyras
Leifnarr Longshore
Garret Snow
Baelon Drakeson
Lady Corrine Marsten
Athelstan
Tristain Croson
Colin Corbray
Ser Jorah Holt
Benedict Marsten
Nathaniel Mason
Loreia
Gwyneth Drakeson
Theomore Tullison
Dunstan Tullison
Yoren longshore
37 posters

Page 5 of 33 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6 ... 19 ... 33  Next

Go down

Meeting grounds (OOC help to arrange IC meetings) - Page 5 Empty Re: Meeting grounds (OOC help to arrange IC meetings)

Post by Daveth Coldbrook Sun May 03, 2015 12:08 pm

For once, I'm not totally booked up. Now I have all my commitments nailed down, I have late afternoon and mid evening at the feast free to meet people! Preferably not a Tullyson, since we won't know how to act towards one another until the negotiation thread is complete, and I'd prefer to meet new people if possible, but really, I consider this simply an opportunity for fun character-building. Anyone interested?
Daveth Coldbrook
Daveth Coldbrook

Back to top Go down

Meeting grounds (OOC help to arrange IC meetings) - Page 5 Empty Re: Meeting grounds (OOC help to arrange IC meetings)

Post by Theomore Tullison Sun May 03, 2015 12:15 pm

It appears that all the things I did on day 2 has laid claim to all the slots not taken by Corrie, Jorah and events....and a certain new scheme of mine, that too.
Theomore Tullison
Theomore Tullison

Back to top Go down

Post by Gwyneth Drakeson Sun May 03, 2015 4:48 pm

Daveth, maybe Gwyn and you could meet? She'd be interested in seeing the other side of the Coldbrook succession crisis. Smile
Gwyneth Drakeson
Gwyneth Drakeson

Back to top Go down

Post by Daveth Coldbrook Sun May 03, 2015 4:54 pm

Gwyneth Marsten wrote:Daveth, maybe Gwyn and you could meet? She'd be interested in seeing the other side of the Coldbrook succession crisis. Smile
It's not a crisis. It's maintaining strategic flexibility! Very Happy

And that sounds great to me. Pick either time, they're both still open, and make your approach.

Edit: Or I can, if you'd rather do it that way. Daveth would be curious about Lady Gwyneth as well.
Daveth Coldbrook
Daveth Coldbrook

Back to top Go down

Post by Ser Jorah Holt Sun May 03, 2015 9:03 pm

open up a thread. I'll reply to your PM as well first

Ser Jorah Holt

Back to top Go down

Post by Loreia Mon May 04, 2015 4:23 am

Athelstan wrote:I will find you in some time slot, it will be fun muahaha
Tell you what. Everyone will have at least heard by Late Morning what happened to Rodrric, and by then Loreia will be interested in meeting the heir returning from Essos, Yoren. I'll message Yoren to see if he's available to meet me in the Late Morning time slot. If he is, I'll set up the thread myself, and you can decide if you want to spar with me then.
Loreia
Loreia

Back to top Go down

Post by Athelstan Mon May 04, 2015 4:31 am

It sounds interesting, even if I don't spar to at least exchange pleasantries.

Athelstan

Back to top Go down

Post by Baelon Drakeson Mon May 04, 2015 5:34 am

Loreia Merrgal wrote:Seems like the only PCs I could possibly spar with are Baelon, Jon and Benedict. I'd probably have to be with any of the Coldbrook men on pretense of some kind of meet and greet. Late-Mid Afternoon and possibly Early Evening are prime time slots.

Just saw this (the problem with playing catch-up is missing stuff Sad ). I'd love to spar with you! Depending on how it goes, Baelon might try to convince you to fight in the melee (I think you mentioned somewhere that you aren't?)

Unfortunately, the time slots you mention are already full for me. However I would love to set up something for Day 4 morning (I'm supposed to be having a meeting with Daveth, so perhaps we can do both in the same timeslot? That might require reader approval, but neither one should have an impact on the other, particularly since I'll only spar on the condition that it be a totally friendly bout with no defeat consequences other than 'admit defeat', though that is not one of the "
common choices"
listed on pg 165. I suppose we could call it a 'ransom for bragging rights'... honestly with the joust so soon after I'd be a fool to spar with any chance of anything else.
Baelon Drakeson
Baelon Drakeson

Back to top Go down

Post by Loreia Mon May 04, 2015 6:10 am

To spar is practice, so yield will come with no consequences other than admitting defeat, at least when you fight me.

Last edited by 129 on Mon May 04, 2015 7:09 am; edited 1 time in total
Loreia
Loreia

Back to top Go down

Post by Baelon Drakeson Mon May 04, 2015 7:09 am

Loreia Merrgal wrote:To spar is practice, so yield will come with no consequences other than admitting defeat, at least when you fight me.

Well, yielding means the loser gets to determine the consequence (and the winner chooses whether or not to accepts it).
If there is an unexpected defeat (i.e. reduced to 0 health) I want to make sure that it is no worse.

It's not that Baelon the character doesn't trust Lorreia the character on this, it's that I (the player) just saw a deadly training 'accident' and don't want any 'accidents' in a for-fun sparring match right before the joust. Normally, I would just flat out not participate in a sparring match on a competition day (as that is more realistic IC behavior), but I'm trying to be flexible to make up for having been absent for most of Day 2...
Baelon Drakeson
Baelon Drakeson

Back to top Go down

Post by Athelstan Mon May 04, 2015 7:14 am

You can spar like me and Yoren were doing, telling blows marking the impact areas but doing no damage.

Athelstan

Back to top Go down

Post by Yoren longshore Mon May 04, 2015 7:16 am

The thing in this system is that most sparringweapons is little more than some sticks bound together, hurts like an arrow through the knee but does little damage.

Yoren longshore

Back to top Go down

Post by Loreia Mon May 04, 2015 7:20 am

I was hesitant to suggest Evening times, but I guess those times could be appropriate. Would one of those work for Day 3?
Loreia
Loreia

Back to top Go down

Post by Athelstan Mon May 04, 2015 7:29 am

Maybe Late Evening slot is open or Early Evening if you attend the Hall.

Athelstan

Back to top Go down

Post by Gwyneth Drakeson Mon May 04, 2015 9:11 pm

Daveth, lets set something up Mid-Evening.
Gwyneth Drakeson
Gwyneth Drakeson

Back to top Go down

Post by Daveth Coldbrook Mon May 04, 2015 9:41 pm

Gwyneth Marsten wrote:Daveth, lets set something up Mid-Evening.
Works for me. If you want to approach me, feel free to start the thread. If you'd rather I approach you, let me know, and I will.

Anyone else, I still have late afternoon free at the feast if anyone wants to chat with me.
Daveth Coldbrook
Daveth Coldbrook

Back to top Go down

Post by Ser Fendrel Bartheld Tue May 05, 2015 4:05 pm

Anyone still having free slots on Day 3 and wanting to scheme/gossip a little? :;
):

Ser Fendrel Bartheld

Back to top Go down

Post by Athelstan Tue May 05, 2015 4:15 pm

I have nothing open, I did a lot on Day =3 Twisted Evil

Athelstan

Back to top Go down

Post by Ser Fendrel Bartheld Tue May 05, 2015 4:18 pm

Athelstan wrote:I have nothing open, I did a lot on Day =3 Twisted Evil

Yeah, I saw that, heh! :8-): It looks like it was a good day for Athelstan... mostly. I mean, kissing Corinne clearly was worth being put on trial :mrgreen:

Ser Fendrel Bartheld

Back to top Go down

Post by Yoren longshore Tue May 05, 2015 4:21 pm

Ser Fendrel Bartheld wrote:Anyone still having free slots on Day 3 and wanting to scheme/gossip a little? :;
):

I have an evening slot. Do you have any evening left?

Yoren longshore

Back to top Go down

Post by Athelstan Tue May 05, 2015 4:36 pm

Ser Fendrel Bartheld wrote: Yeah, I saw that, heh! :8-): It looks like it was a good day for Athelstan... mostly. I mean, kissing Corinne clearly was worth being put on trial :mrgreen:

Oh, yes it was, which it kinda makes a couple of PC's want to probably kill me or at least hate me, not no to mention NPC's.

Athelstan

Back to top Go down

Post by Baelon Drakeson Tue May 05, 2015 4:42 pm

Athelstan wrote:
Ser Fendrel Bartheld wrote: Yeah, I saw that, heh! :8-): It looks like it was a good day for Athelstan... mostly. I mean, kissing Corinne clearly was worth being put on trial :mrgreen:
Oh, yes it was, which it kinda makes a couple of PC's want to probably kill me or at least hate me, not no to mention NPC's.
Day 4 is going to be very interesting... in the sense of the old curse "
may you live in interesting times"
Baelon Drakeson
Baelon Drakeson

Back to top Go down

Post by Athelstan Tue May 05, 2015 4:47 pm

You got that right, in more than one way :;
):

Any-who, I'm about to be very bored until day 4 starts once the thread with Yoren end, I think I have mid night open or late knight.

Athelstan

Back to top Go down

Post by Baelon Drakeson Tue May 05, 2015 5:06 pm

Athelstan wrote:You got that right, in more than one way :;
):

Any-who, I'm about to be very bored until day 4 starts once the thread with Yoren end, I think I have mid night open or late knight.

Pulling an all-nighter before the big day?
Baelon Drakeson
Baelon Drakeson

Back to top Go down

Post by Athelstan Tue May 05, 2015 5:11 pm

Only if its worth it, otherwise I'm done with day 3

Athelstan

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 5 of 33 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6 ... 19 ... 33  Next