Dragon's Dance
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The Battle of Boneway Pass

+4
Luecian LongBow
Kevan Lyras
Baelon Drakeson
Ser Jorah Holt
8 posters

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

Go down

The Battle of Boneway Pass Empty The Battle of Boneway Pass

Post by Ser Jorah Holt Mon Mar 14, 2016 12:33 pm

ooc - mostly a placeholder until I know what troops I have

With the tunnels proving to be so much trouble for their forces, Ser Jorah had been given the task of breaking the House Wyl forces using them. He had been expecting Ser Kevan to join him, but with Ser Wyl's attack on the camp, he had to leave without him. Most of the commanders with him he did not know and most were a little raw compared to what he was used to commanding. Sadly, no Coldbrook or Drakeson troops had joined the attack to provide an experienced core to the troops.

Ser Jorah Holt

Back to top Go down

The Battle of Boneway Pass Empty Re: The Battle of Boneway Pass

Post by Ser Jorah Holt Tue Mar 15, 2016 12:34 pm

Battle of Boneway Pass
I am presuming these forces at least
Trained Connington Infantry – Trelane Subcommander
Black Alys and Veteran Blackwood Archers - champion
Veteran Cavalry
Trained Cavalry
Trained Infantry
Trained Archers

Ser Jorah Holt

Back to top Go down

Post by Baelon Drakeson Tue Mar 15, 2016 12:57 pm

[OOC: Just a note - with 6 units you can have up to 3 subcommanders. Up to you to decide whether having Black Aly be a hero or a subcommander is more valuable... I just wanted to make sure you knew it was an option.]
Baelon Drakeson
Baelon Drakeson

Back to top Go down

Post by Ser Jorah Holt Tue Mar 15, 2016 8:35 pm

I know, but with no champions otherwise, I wanted to make them as dangerous as possible :;
):

Ser Jorah Holt

Back to top Go down

Post by Ser Jorah Holt Sat Mar 26, 2016 8:56 am

To get things rolling a little bit

[url=Warfare (Strategy)][/url]: 5d6k4 16

Ser Jorah Holt

Back to top Go down

Post by Kevan Lyras Sat Mar 26, 2016 10:46 am

[url=Mors - Initiative][/url]: 3d6 7

Trained Archers (incl champion)
CD (7) / 6
AR 2
Health 6
Damage 5
Movement 40
Discipline 6

Veteran archers (incl champion)
CD (7) / 6
AR 3
Health 6
Damage 7
Movement 40
Discipline 3

Trained infantry (incl 1 champion, 1 commander)
CD (6) / 5
AR 3
Health 9
Damage 4
Movement 40
Discipline 3 (w/ champion) / 6

Kevan Lyras

Back to top Go down

Post by Ser Jorah Holt Tue Mar 29, 2016 10:04 am

just need a map and Luecian and we can get this started

Ser Jorah Holt

Back to top Go down

Post by Luecian LongBow Fri Apr 15, 2016 12:23 pm

Luecian will be present likely as a hero/champion attached to the Blackwood Archers or another present archer unit.
Luecian LongBow
Luecian LongBow

Back to top Go down

Post by Ser Jorah Holt Fri Apr 15, 2016 6:36 pm

champion on the Blackwood archers is the current plan.

Ser Jorah Holt

Back to top Go down

Post by Ser Jorah Holt Wed Aug 17, 2016 1:51 pm

map needed for this, with some protection as they exit the tunnels.

Dornish soldiers have burst from tunnels to assault the Targaryen force, your objective is to drive them off. Kill or capture their men and then you can collapse their tunnels to prevent them being reused.

Ser Jorah Holt

Back to top Go down

Post by Theomore Tullison Wed Nov 23, 2016 3:34 pm

So I'm taking a crack at it, using google sheet as that's easier for mapping:

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1NpG9dvvyR3hHlMiniYR4sm2T-frnGUEVAT3VXieVLyA/edit?usp=sharing

Begin deployment, mister Kingsguard.
Theomore Tullison
Theomore Tullison

Back to top Go down

Post by Baelon Drakeson Wed Nov 23, 2016 6:41 pm

Given that this battle impacts a war you are participating in, it would be better if someone not involved were to run the Dornish troops.
We don't need another repeat of the clan assault against House Tullison.

I'll volunteer, but if anyone else not involved wants to do it I'll yield - Ser Jorah and I are sworn to the same house.

EDIT: Your map is not working for me (I see your text, but noting else?) so I created a text map. From your text I think I know what you were going for, and it makes sense: A narrow, winding pass bordered with some steep areas and some impassable areas. It's similar to a map I was working on for something else, so I took that and modified it.

Code:
-| 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10| 11| 12| 13| 14| 15| 16| 17| 18| 19| 20| 21| 22| 23| 24| 25| 26| 27| 28| 29| 30| 31| 32| 33|
-|---|---|---|---|---|---|---|---|---|---|---|---|---|---|---|---|---|---|---|---|---|---|---|---|---|---|---|---|---|---|---|---|---|
A|X  |X  |X  |X  |M  |M  |.  |.  |.  |.  |.  |M  |M  |X  |X  |X  |X  |X  |X  |X  |X  |X  |X  |X  |X  |M  |M  |X  |X  |X  |X  |M  |M  |
-|---|---|---|---|---|---|---|---|---|---|---|---|---|---|---|---|---|---|---|---|---|---|---|---|---|---|---|---|---|---|---|---|---|
B|M  |M  |M  |M  |.  |.  |.  |.  |.  |.  |.  |.  |.  |.  |M  |M  |M  |M  |M  |X  |X  |X  |X  |M  |M  |.  |.  |.  |X  |X  |X  |M  |M  |
C|.  |.  |.  |.  |.  |.  |M  |M  |/  |/  |M  |.  |.  |.  |.  |.  |.  |.  |.  |.  |M  |M  |M  |.  |.  |.  |.  |.  |.  |.  |.  |.  |.  |
D|.  |.  |.  |.  |M  |M  |X  |X  |/  |/  |M  |M  |M  |M  |.  |.  |.  |.  |.  |.  |.  |.  |.  |.  |.  |M  |M  |M  |.  |.  |.  |.  |.  |
E|X  |X  |X  |X  |X  |X  |X  |/  |/  |M  |X  |X  |X  |X  |X  |X  |X  |M  |M  |M  |.  |.  |.  |M  |M  |X  |X  |X  |M  |M  |M  |M  |M  |
F|X  |X  |X  |X  |X  |X  |/  |/  |X  |X  |X  |X  |X  |X  |X  |X  |X  |X  |X  |X  |X  |X  |X  |X  |X  |X  |X  |X  |X  |X  |X  |M  |M  |
X = Impassable (no movement, blocks line of sight if between lower areas)
M = Mountain (very slow movement: -20, no cavalry, blocks line of sight if between lower areas)
. = Road (slow movement: -10)
/ = Tunnels (+2 Defense)

Dornish troops will start in the tunnel, and Ser Jorah's forces would start on the right hand side, say 30 and up.

EDIT: took out a row to make it fit without a scrollbar. Anything off the map to the north is impassable; the only avenues of retreat are east, west, and south through the tunnels.
Baelon Drakeson
Baelon Drakeson

Back to top Go down

Post by Theomore Tullison Wed Nov 23, 2016 11:01 pm

I don't mind less work for me.
Theomore Tullison
Theomore Tullison

Back to top Go down

Post by Ser Jorah Holt Fri Nov 25, 2016 12:30 pm

Interesting battlefield - definitely makes archers and cavalry less useful.
I would guess that the target for the House Wyl forces is to make it to the eastern edge of the map to attack the camp

Trained Connington Infantry – Trelane Subcommander C31
Black Alys and Veteran Blackwood Archers - subcommander, luecian champion c32
Veteran Cavalry - C30
Trained Cavalry D33 - Jorah attached
Trained InfantryD31
Trained Archers D32

I'd prefer to have the cavalry on the flanks, but as there is no real space, go with this option

Ser Jorah Holt

Back to top Go down

Post by Baelon Drakeson Fri Nov 25, 2016 5:56 pm

Note: I've got a question in to Reader about this battle, so the below might change... but in the meantime check over the placements and such to make sure I've got everything right.

I expect that archers will still be quite useful, and the road is wide enough that cavalry should still be effective... there are places they can't go, but nowhere that they cannot attack. Still, you are right that a mountain pass is going to a different kind of battle than an open field engagement. I expect just as much slaughter as we have seen in some previous battles, but not right from the first order. The tunnel placement is to the advantage of the Dornish, but if you are going to go through the effort of digging such a tunnel, it makes sense to do so where it gives some advantage.

From your description in the first post of this thread, I took it to be an offensive underway by your forces to take the tunnels to stop additional surprise attacks.

Code:
-| 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10| 11| 12| 13| 14| 15| 16| 17| 18| 19| 20| 21| 22| 23| 24| 25| 26| 27| 28| 29| 30| 31| 32| 33|
A|X  |X  |X  |X  |M  |M  |.  |.  |.  |.  |.  |M  |M  |X  |X  |X  |X  |X  |X  |X  |X  |X  |X  |X  |X  |M  |M  |X  |X  |X  |X  |M  |M  |
B|M  |M  |M  |M  |.  |.  |.  |.  |.  |.  |.  |.  |.  |.  |M  |M  |M  |M  |M  |X  |X  |X  |X  |M  |M  |.  |.  |.  |X  |X  |X  |M  |M  |
C|.  |.  |.  |.  |.  |.  |M  |M  |/WV|/WA|M  |.  |.  |.  |.  |.  |.  |.  |.  |.  |M  |M  |M  |.  |.  |.  |.  |.  |.  |.VC|.CI|.BA|.  |
D|.  |.  |.  |.  |M  |M  |X  |X  |/I2|/I1|M  |M  |M  |M  |.  |.  |.  |.  |.  |.  |.  |.  |.  |.  |.  |M  |M  |M  |.  |.  |.TI|.TA|.TC|
E|X  |X  |X  |X  |X  |X  |X  |/  |/I3|M  |X  |X  |X  |X  |X  |X  |X  |M  |M  |M  |.  |.  |.  |M  |M  |X  |X  |X  |M  |M  |M  |M  |M  |
F|X  |X  |X  |X  |X  |X  |/  |/  |X  |X  |X  |X  |X  |X  |X  |X  |X  |X  |X  |X  |X  |X  |X  |X  |X  |X  |X  |X  |X  |X  |X  |M  |M  |
X = Impassable (no movement, blocks line of sight if between lower areas)
M = Mountain (very slow movement: -20, no cavalry, blocks line of sight if between lower areas, +2b if attacking a lower terrain)
. = Mountain Road (slow movement: -10)
/ = Tunnels (+2 Defense)

WA: Trained Archers  – Marksmanship 4, Agility 3, champion.
WV: Veteran Archers – Marksmanship 5, Agility 4. Upgraded Weapons, Armour, champion   
I1: Trained Infantry 1 – Fighting 3, Endurance 3, Athletics 3, champion
I2: Trained Infantry 2 – Fighting 3, Endurance 3, Athletics 3
I3: Trained Infantry 3 – Fighting 3, Endurance 3, Athletics 3, commander
CI: Trained Connington Infantry – Trelane Subcommander
BA: Black Alys and Veteran Blackwood Archers - subcommander, luecian champion
VC: Veteran Cavalry
TC: Trained Cavalry - Jorah attached
TI: Trained Infantry
TA: Trained Archers
Baelon Drakeson
Baelon Drakeson

Back to top Go down

Post by Baelon Drakeson Fri Nov 25, 2016 6:42 pm

Ok, Reader got back to me, so I'll be good to go.
Before we start though, are any PCs taking up the personal combat option in this battle?
Baelon Drakeson
Baelon Drakeson

Back to top Go down

Post by Luecian LongBow Tue Nov 29, 2016 3:00 pm

Just curious....there are a couple champions mixed into the Archer Units for this battle, would personal combat with these end up as a joust or something different?
Luecian LongBow
Luecian LongBow

Back to top Go down

Post by Theomore Tullison Tue Nov 29, 2016 3:13 pm

Reader said something about Luecian getting to shoot an arrow (maybe more if succeeding on warfare) at an opposing champion before battle starting being more appropriate for archery. He *might* also allow you to shoot at opposing champions during player action phases, but that might also mean any opposing archer champions likely will be doing the same against you guys. I'd say that would be fine for unattached champions, but unattached champions will likely only be characters that intends to shoot back.
Theomore Tullison
Theomore Tullison

Back to top Go down

Post by Baelon Drakeson Tue Nov 29, 2016 4:18 pm

Luecian LongBow wrote:Just curious....there are a couple champions mixed into the Archer Units for this battle, would personal combat with these end up as a joust or something different?

Well, a champion vs a sub-commander is really only different in mechanics. A champion in an archery unit might be a beloved lesser Wyl who is ostensibly commanding the unit, but is far more inspiring to his troops than he is giving orders.

In short... entirely up to Reader, as usual. pirat
Baelon Drakeson
Baelon Drakeson

Back to top Go down

Post by Darron Greyjoy Tue Nov 29, 2016 7:09 pm

Can someone expand on what the personal combat entail? I assume its a duel outside of the warfare to remove that person from the battle.
Darron Greyjoy
Darron Greyjoy

Back to top Go down

Post by Theomore Tullison Tue Nov 29, 2016 7:24 pm

correct
Theomore Tullison
Theomore Tullison

Back to top Go down

Post by Loreia Tue Nov 29, 2016 8:28 pm

You pick one of the champions to duel, and in roleplay you're calling them out to come face you before the battle starts and fight to the death. Or the pain. Either way, you remove that person from play or you take enough injuries to become a liability to yourself should you choose to participate in the battle afterwards.
Loreia
Loreia

Back to top Go down

Post by Luecian LongBow Thu Dec 01, 2016 11:36 am

I'm probably good...was just curious. From my side free to pick the battle up when we are able. Jorah is probably the only one who may typically challenge a personal combat on our side?
Luecian LongBow
Luecian LongBow

Back to top Go down

Post by Ser Jorah Holt Thu Dec 01, 2016 12:59 pm

Darron has the skills for it as well

Ser Jorah Holt

Back to top Go down

Post by Darron Greyjoy Thu Dec 01, 2016 1:34 pm

With Jorah being the commander for the battle probably best Darron do it. So yea formal challenge from the Greyjoy for a duel.
Darron Greyjoy
Darron Greyjoy

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next