Dragon's Dance
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

[D6 EE] Pass knowledge further

3 posters

Go down

[D6 EE] Pass knowledge further Empty [D6 EE] Pass knowledge further

Post by Ser Walton Dulver Sat Dec 26, 2015 5:52 pm

As another Day of their royal mission was slowly coming to an end, there were still few things to be done. After refreshing himself after hunt, Walton headed to Raventree Hall. Blackwoods were his cousins, so he had to go there once more. Walton was wearing dirty, but well maintained brigandine armour with many scars, his high riding boots were all covered in dust and mud. Also his face had marks of last days, with deep furrows on his forehead and stubble on his face.

"
Ser Myles"
young knight bowed lower than it was needed, but it was better to make Blackwood happy. And it didn't cost Walton to do that. "
I came with gifts from our House."
bowed once again. He took off a bag from saddle. "
For young lord, in that needing while, Ser. May I ask for seeing Benjicot, please? I would like to hand the gifts to him in person."
another act of kindness, asking in situation he didn't have to ask...

[OOC: I was planning that scene for some time now, wanted to put it at EA... but I saw Corrine is digging holes under Dulvers at LA after the hunt, then I guess it's more OOC appropriate to put my scene after hers. it doesn't really touch her trouble anyway, but to avoid whining... :;
): ]

Last edited by 179 on Tue Dec 29, 2015 12:15 pm; edited 6 times in total
Ser Walton Dulver
Ser Walton Dulver

Back to top Go down

[D6 EE] Pass knowledge further Empty Re: [D6 EE] Pass knowledge further

Post by Ser Walton Dulver Sat Dec 26, 2015 7:11 pm

Ser Myles only nodded with his head in answer, leaned backwards and waved with his hand casually to one of guards- soldier straightened up and disappeared on stairs without single word. A moment passed in awkward silence, broken by Walton. "
Lady Jeyne is sending her regards. Message about unexpected death of her Lord Father deeply saddened her. She was terribly sorry that she couldn't come with us to say goodbye to him. Duties held her in her husbands tower, but she ensures that she is connecting You in mourning."
Walton's voice was sad, even if it really wasn't his concern.

After longer while, young Lord Benjicot Blackwood finally appeared on stairs. Six years old brat was trying to keep pace of guard walking next to him, but couldn't handle resilient walk of soldier. "
Lord Blackwood."
Walton bowed slightly, still looking into eyes of child standind in front of him. "
Blackwoods were always strong House and I'm sure they will raise You worth to that name."
straightened up and reached into the bag. "
In name of House Dulver, I would like to hand You some things, gifted from sincere heart."
Walton was watching yooung Lord's reactions carefully. "
As every lord must be great Commander, Lord, and Soldier in one person..."
Dulver pulled out of the bag small chest painted in two-tone fields, rattling inside "
Game of Cyvasse..."
He handed decorated chest to Benjicot. Walton knew that second gift, won't be as exciting as first one, of course... "
History of Known World."
Book was so thick that boy will probably need some help in taking it upstairs. That was all what Walton had in his bag. Young Dulver took gently into his hand Seven-star decorated necklace, which he gave to young lord, and which young lord was now wearing on his chest. "
I already gave You something for protection..."
Walton turned back and unclipped decorated scabbard from his horse's saddle, covered in red and black drawings. "
Now I would like to present You this."
Walton slowly and reverently took the sword out of the scabbard. It's blade was shining in low rays of slowly coming to an end day. Handgrip was made of light, but resistant wood, covered in rough skin of snake, it's scales shimmered with colors, in which colour of pearls dominated. It's head was shaped into heads of black raven, and sword's hilt was shaped into dead weirwood. Blade was long, but reduced accordingly for usage of someone younger and smaller. Walton with satisfaction looked on delight of Lord Benjicot. When he handed sword to him, he only said "
It's sharp and strong. Mild steel inside and hard steel on outside, masterful job."
Walton was whispering, to not destroy the moment. "
It's similar to my own."
Walton pulled out his own sword, so Benjicot could compare them. It wasn't truth, sword which Walton handed to Lord Blackwood was better, but Walton's blade was more adapted to fight in battle, where he had to stand against many men in armours. His sword had advantage of resistance and weight. Now it wasn't as sharp as blade he gave to young Benjicot, but it would be sharper if both would have to kill few knights. "
I can show You how to use it..."
Walton looked to side, into little shadow of Lord Benjicot, where was standing Ser Myles. Walton was awaiting for his approval...

Last edited by 179 on Mon Dec 28, 2015 1:45 pm; edited 5 times in total
Ser Walton Dulver
Ser Walton Dulver

Back to top Go down

Post by Lady Corrine Marsten Sat Dec 26, 2015 7:57 pm

[ooc: Did Reader ok the Ser Myles and Benjicot parts? They are his NPCs.]
Lady Corrine Marsten
Lady Corrine Marsten

Back to top Go down

Post by Ser Walton Dulver Sat Dec 26, 2015 8:08 pm

Lady Corrine Marsten wrote:[ooc: Did Reader ok the Ser Myles and Benjicot parts? They are his NPCs.]

Waiting for his resonse, that's why it's split
Ser Walton Dulver
Ser Walton Dulver

Back to top Go down

Post by Lady Corrine Marsten Sat Dec 26, 2015 8:13 pm

Ser Walton Dulver wrote:
Lady Corrine Marsten wrote:[ooc: Did Reader ok the Ser Myles and Benjicot parts? They are his NPCs.]

Waiting for his resonse, that's why it's split

[ooc: You should not post stuff that hasn't been ok'ed. put the proposed half in your personal forum until ypu hear from Reader. Also, you don't get to post his NPC's actions. That's for him to do. And, if you've planned a post, just do it in future, rather than sitting on it until after it looks like meta-gaming because you're only posting because of another PC's actions, about which your character has no knowledge.]
Lady Corrine Marsten
Lady Corrine Marsten

Back to top Go down

Post by Reader Mon Dec 28, 2015 1:16 am

[OOC: Sorry Walton, I'm afraid this needs a significant rewrite for grammar and not directing NPCs, although they're willing to take a meeting given the positive impression you've made in previous events with House Blackwood.

Everyone:

- Standard grammar please (quotation marks for speech are a minimum).
- Please don't direct my named NPCs in scenes without my approval. Apologies if anyone thought this was ok based on other scenes: this is generally other players who've sought approval already or Houses directing their nominated NPC to help in their investigations.]
Reader
Reader
Site Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Reader Wed Dec 30, 2015 2:26 am

Ser Myles smiled politely and bowed, with his lordly nephew following his lead.

"
We thanks you for your time and gifts Ser Walton. A hand extended in friendship should not be pushed aside,"
said the crafty regent, scratching his beard before speaking

"
We can offer little but our gratitude at this time in thanks. As for the offer of tutelage I appreciate the sentiment, but would not insult Ser Colyn by implying him unsuitable to train Lord Blackwood in the use of sword, mace and lance. I count myself a passing fair swordsman, and would be neglectful of my own duties if I did not pass on what I know to the boy."
Reader
Reader
Site Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Ser Walton Dulver Wed Dec 30, 2015 6:14 pm

Walton put his fist on his heart when saying.

"
My intention wasn't to insult anyone, Ser. I understand and can just ensure, that Dulvers are for their cousins always ready to help"

Walton looked carefully into eyes of Ser Myles, with as serious face as probably never seen on Walton's face before.

"
Could I ask one question to Lord in privacy, Ser Myles? I am not asking as Royal Investigator, but Dulver- friend and cousin of Your House, Regent."

While Walton was watching closely, he added.

"
When I will hear the Lord already, I would like to ask You the very same question, Regent. You have my knightly word, Ser"
Ser Walton Dulver
Ser Walton Dulver

Back to top Go down

Post by Reader Thu Dec 31, 2015 4:13 pm

"
Ser Colyn will be relieved to learn that no slur was intended. He has acquitted himself well against grand opponents with the lance, but he is better yet with the sword."

"
I am my Lord's regent. Anything that you would ask of him you shall ask in my presence and I will advise him. My family is much smaller than it once was and must be jealously guarded. I must do what I can in place of a father's guidance."

"
I can clear the room of other guests if desired."
Reader
Reader
Site Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Ser Walton Dulver Thu Dec 31, 2015 4:35 pm

Ser Walton denied with nod, but it was obvious that not treating his 'knightly word' properly made him upset.

"
I wanted to hear Lord Benjicot's opinion, not his Regent's first, but as You wish"

Walton was watching carefully both: man and boy.

"
As cousin, I have well-being of Benjicot at heart. And Blackwoods'. At Royal Investigators camps You may hear many different stories and opinions about many different cases. One of cases discussed is Lord Benjicot Blackwood and what would be best for him..."

Ser Walton made effective pause, trying to read something from their faces...

"
I came here, because I don't care what THEY say about that . I came, because I want to know, what do YOU want for Your Lord and Your House tomorrow..."

Walton clearly emphasized the most important words in his speech.
Ser Walton Dulver
Ser Walton Dulver

Back to top Go down

Post by Reader Thu Dec 31, 2015 4:41 pm

The boy was surprisingly brave, perhaps reassured by the hulking knight's gentle manner or the reassuring nod from his uncle. Perhaps he was just a courageous young man, the kind his father would have been proud to see grow in to a decisive but kind-hearted lord, had treachery not robbed the late Lord Bryan of the chance.

"
I want it to stop. Winter was cold but at least there was no fighting. Lord Marsten fought too, but against evil invaders. I will be a knight one day, but not like this. I will fight for peace and justice. Like Ser Jorah the Just or Lord Marsten."
Reader
Reader
Site Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Ser Walton Dulver Thu Dec 31, 2015 5:01 pm

Walton smiled seeing young determination, but there was also something sad in him. Hopes of youth... Walton wanted to ruffle Benjicot's hair, but it would be inappropriate- boy was Lord, even if he was six.

"
We all came here to make it stop"

Walton sounded harsher than he wanted, but continued with softer voice again.

"
Ser Jorah and Lord Marsten are great knights, some of the best in whole Westeros, indeed. And if that's what You trully desire, with proper training and dedication You will be one, one day."

Walton didn't care about who boy mentioned and who didn't. Dulver heir only turned back to Ser Myles.

"
Should we have in concern any thoughts or wishes of Blackwoods tomorrow, Ser? House Dulver don't want it's decisions to be inconsonant with it's cousins interests..."

Ser Walton opened his hands in gesture of obviousness.
Ser Walton Dulver
Ser Walton Dulver

Back to top Go down

Post by Reader Thu Dec 31, 2015 7:54 pm

Ser Myles strokes his beard in thought before speaking.

"
Justice for House Bracken's crimes, House Blackwood's reputation defended: we have few Friends south of the Neck and many enemies. Our name must be defended."

"
House Darry needs must be placated too: an assertive neighbour is a risk, be he strong or weak, he may do something dangerous."

[/scene after any parting words]
Reader
Reader
Site Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Ser Walton Dulver Mon Jan 11, 2016 7:15 pm

"
Blackwoods may be sure, that they have friends in Dulvers. And in gesture of friendship, we would like to lend You our mining expert- Persal Littlefoot. He can stay at Your service until mine will be working fully again."
Walton gave little bow to Ser Myles and Lord Benjicot at the end of his words. "
And as soon as our Engineer unit will finish rebuilding Septry, they may also help in Your mines, if that's Your wish."
Walton added kindly.

[OOC: I'm putting this, as Walton got some informations before this meeting IC, but after we closed meeting OOC :;
): ]
Ser Walton Dulver
Ser Walton Dulver

Back to top Go down

Post by Reader Mon Jan 11, 2016 9:55 pm

[url=Awareness (empathy)][/url]: 5d6k4 20

Ser Myles listens to the offers and graciously accepts, wise to any subterfuge that may lie behind it.
Reader
Reader
Site Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down