Dragon's Dance
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

[D3 - LA] The Farmer's Daughter(s)

2 posters

Go down

[D3 - LA] The Farmer's Daughter(s) Empty [D3 - LA] The Farmer's Daughter(s)

Post by Jon Templeton Tue Nov 29, 2016 5:29 am

Gargon the Gross; a grizzled sellsword having fought in the Disputed Lands, on the Stepstones, against Brackens for Blackwoods, against Blackwoods for Brackens, a man who lives only for battle and the good fight, and with all the chaos going on, he has taken residence on an abandoned farm, offering "shelter and protection" to a handful of young peasant girls.

Ser Jon Templeton had spent the majority of the morning and early afternoon looking for the abandoned farm that Gargon had taken residence in. I wonder if it was truly abandoned or made that way by this sellsword. The small folk of the land had helped him with directions and he paid them with promises of bringing this man to justice. Most had asked for the sellsword's head and Ser Jon was more than open to that option. Leading his dapple grey courser along a trail in what passed for woods, Ser Jon stopped near the clearing that the now occupied farm resided in. Dismounting his steed Jon tied the horse to a tree and stroked his mane, "don't go and get yourself stolen while I'm gone." he whispered in its ear.

On his belt hung a Templeton heirloom, the weirwood battle axe of Ninestars. When the Andals had come to the Vale many weirwood forests were cut down in defiance to the Old Gods and made into items. One of Jon's ancestors had cut down a weirwood and fashioned the wood into weapons that were in turn used against the First Men. Jon smiled and patted the axe for it was the last one in possession of House Templeton. Harold the Younger, his elder brother and head of house had bequeathed it to him shortly before Jon left for the Riverlands. It was a show of honor Jon planned to live up to. This weapon will be put to good use today.

Looking to his saddle, Jon stared at the longaxe that sat in its sheath. It'd be overkill to bring it, damned heavy too, but I'd rather much have it and not need it than need it and not have it. Jon removed the longaxe from the saddle sheath and slid it down his over-the-shoulder baldric. Full plate, battle axe, long axe. Now all I need is a shield. Jon went to the other side of the horse and retrieved his large shield. Looking up to the sky Jon thought, I hope the sun doesn't come out or I will be regretting this immediately.

Ser Jon began his walk into the clearing and scanned the horizon for any surprises. Finding none, Jon assumed Gargon would see him coming towards the farm and be ready for when Jon arrived. Not that it mattered to Jon. Fighting a man head on was more preferable than finding him in a drunken stupor inside. As he approached the farm Jon swore he could hear the cries and lamentations of the women that were being held against their will. Whether it was a figment of his imagination or the wind carrying the women's woes didn't matter. Jon had arrived.

Giving out a bellowing roar, Jon challenged the sellsword, "Gargon the Gross! Git your fuckin' ass out here. Your misdeeds end today!"

CD: 11 (Base 11, -4 Full Plate, +4 Large Shield)
HP: 12/12
F / I / W: 0 / 0 / 0
Initiative: 7 (6, 4, 1, -4)
Initiative vs Gargon the Gross: 3d6k3-4 2
Initiative vs Gargon the Gross, Danger Sense Re-roll: 2d6 7
Jon Templeton
Jon Templeton

Back to top Go down

[D3 - LA] The Farmer's Daughter(s) Empty Re: [D3 - LA] The Farmer's Daughter(s)

Post by Theomore Tullison Tue Nov 29, 2016 6:56 am

"A Ninestars? Eh?" Gargon steps out of the doorway, his armor well taken care of and meticulously polished, the rest of his appearance less so, a dirty face with a full beard soaked in wine hanging out of his helmet, a nose having broken more than once, a scar running down his right cheek. "Welcome, ser. I Thank you for these fine gifts, a nice horse, a nice axe, a nice armor. A pity that the plate will be half ruined by the receiving. Come have your bread and salt."

CD: 11
AR: 7
Health: 12

more danger sense: 1d6r1 4 ->should make your initiative 10 his: iniative: 3d6-3 8

You go first, however far away from the door you feel appropriate to have been standing.
Theomore Tullison
Theomore Tullison

Back to top Go down

Post by Jon Templeton Tue Nov 29, 2016 9:51 pm

Jon snorted derisively at the insults Gargon hurled his way. When the dirty brute was done talking Jon retorted, "The only thing I'm worried about is where to hang your head as a warning to others that see fit to take advantage of the smallfolk." Not waiting for a reply, Jon raised his battle axe and charged Gargon.

[ooc]I will assume I'm within 11 yds. of Gargon, i.e. my charge range.[/ooc]

Greater Action: Charge
Charge against Gargon: 7d6k4+1 20 +2 BoA (once per day) = 22 vs CD 11

3 DoS x 7 Damage = 21 - 7 Armor = 14 Damage

As Gargon readied himself Jon charged and delivered a punishing overhand chop with his battle axe. It wasn't a killing blow but Ser Jon saw the look of shock in Gargon's eyes.

Will take 1 Fatigue to ignore AP if attacked bringing CD to 15.

F / I / W: 0 / 0 / 0
Jon Templeton
Jon Templeton

Back to top Go down

Post by Theomore Tullison Tue Nov 29, 2016 10:05 pm

Gargon grunts as the axe grazes just below the opening of the helmet, blood trickling down to cloud his vision. But his face was scarred from a dozen cuts like that...shock maybe, but also a sensation of finally meeting a worthy opponent. "How is that any way to treat your host?" He grits his teeth and swings his foot around hoping to send Jon off his footing to rend him less able to defend himself against the next blow. "I think it is time to bid you leave, and take your guest gifts!"

[I believe charge range is 2x movement? Typically 4 yards with your getup unless you have run dices or fast quality, but within charge range still works, so rolling along.]

CD: 11
Health: 2
F/I/W: 0/1/0

Gargon takes one injury.

knockdown: 4d6 16 Pretty sure that should beat passive agility.
attack: 6d6k5 21 knockdown +1D: 1d6 2, so 21 or 23, depending on whether or not knockdown succeeded. That's 2 DoS either way, so happens that this is 5x2 damage, aka harmless.

Gargon will take fatigue upon being attacked (raising CD to 14)
Theomore Tullison
Theomore Tullison

Back to top Go down

Post by Jon Templeton Wed Nov 30, 2016 6:23 am

[ooc]I was way off on the movement and sprint range for Jon and his bulky gear. But like you said I don't think it matters for this. Lesson learned for the future.  Very Happy [/ooc]

Ser Jon had hurt the man but not enough to see him fall. Seeing the blood flow was a good sign however. A few more blows like that and he'll be dead. Jon's self-praise was short lived as Gargon swept the legs out from under Jon. Landing with an -umpf-, Jon tried to roll away from the inevitable follow up attack from the sellsword. Jon was fast but not fast enough as he felt the impact of Gargon's weapon. Jon winced in pain but felt no ill effects from the blow. Relieved, Jon got to one knee and attempted to stand.

Attempt to stand, TN 9 vs. Gargon: 3d6k3-4 10

Though he was weighed down by his armor Jon let out a grunt and successfully stood. Once again on his feet Jon kept a high guard with his shield while probing his enemy for a chance to strike. "Knocking a man down!" Jon yelled through his helmet, "What a cunt move!" Jon followed up his vulgarity with a cautious swing to the sellsword's midsection.

Cautious Attack vs Gargon: 7d6k4 21 vs. 14
10 - 7 = 3 Damage, 1 Fatigue to Gargon.

CD: 14 (Base 11, -4 Full Plate, +4 Large Shield, +3 Cautious Attack)
AR: 10
F / I / W: 1 / 0 / 0
Jon Templeton
Jon Templeton

Back to top Go down

Post by Theomore Tullison Wed Nov 30, 2016 2:30 pm

"Cunt?" Gargon spits out some blood as he growls like a beast of war, a feisty sort that seems to enjoy the taste, perhaps even the beating. "I'll show you a cunt, I'll carve it right between your legs." Spoken with something disturbingly like glee in his voice rather than anger or frustration.

But he was getting pommeled. And he needed a break or else he'd loose, and Gargon did all he could to win, even as much as he liked loosing fights, but this opponent threatened to put an end to all the future fights, unless there were fighting rings in hell, he could live with that, even if had to die.

With every effort he has, he tries to send Jon back on his arse with a push of his shield, this time it is not enough and he throws it at his foe before delivering a two handed blow, supposed to be savage but offering no match for Tullison plate. In doing so, he has left himself exposed for counterattack, but he had to hit his opponent hard or he would loose, and Gargon had fought enough times to know that when one chance is all you have, one best have to put everything you have into it.

CD: 7
Health: 3
F/I/W: 3/2/0

Gargon takes another injury and a point of fatigue to ignore injuries.

knockdown: 4d6-2 10 Fails.

Then another fatigue for +1 lesser action.

Reckless attack: 7d6k6-3 16 Total waste, even with increased damage, CD now 2...will take another fatigue upon being attacked, so CD 5.
Theomore Tullison
Theomore Tullison

Back to top Go down

Post by Jon Templeton Wed Nov 30, 2016 9:56 pm

Jon's verbal barb had made the sellsword mad and that was exactly what he'd set out to do. Acting in anger led to mistakes and Gargon had overextended himself leaving him extremely vulnerable to counter attack.

Smiling under his helm, Jon used his shield to alter the trajectory of the two handed swing causing it to bounce harmlessly off his plate. Going on the offensive the young Vale knight began a series of overhand blows knowing Gargon would block them at the expense of becoming more fatigued. Jon feigned an overhand chop but switched to a vicious low "uppercut" that connected with Gargon's groin.

Leaning in close Jon said through gritted teeth, "You'll be the one that ends up with a gash between his legs."

LA: Aim
LA: Standard Attack
Rd.3 Std attack vs Gargon: 8d6k5 23 vs CD 5
20 - 7 = 13 Damage, 1 Fatigue to Gargon.

AR: 10
F / I / W: 1 / 0 / 0
Jon Templeton
Jon Templeton

Back to top Go down

Post by Theomore Tullison Wed Nov 30, 2016 10:15 pm

[That's a defeat, what consequences will you lay upon your vanquished foe?]
Theomore Tullison
Theomore Tullison

Back to top Go down

Post by Jon Templeton Wed Nov 30, 2016 11:09 pm

Gargon the Gross crumpled into a heap on the ground. Gone now was his bravado and harsh words, replaced by pained moans and blood. Jon stood over him triumphant, "Pathetic." he stated flatly.

Ser Jon thought about what to do with the sellsword. He has no ransom value. He could take the black but I promised the smallfolk this man's death. Jon looked at the ruination of his groin, Plus the gelding might not even survive a trip to the wall.

Jon took a step back from his fallen foe and set his shield on the ground. With his free hand he removed his helm and laid it upon the shield. Walking back to Gargon, Jon held his battle axe in a two-handed grip. "Gargon the Gross. You are guilty of kidnapping and rape. You will be judged by the Father...." Jon raised his axe above his head, "in person." The swing was quick and fatal.

Putting his weapon into the axe-loop on his belt, Jon retrieved his helm and shield before going into the farm. With his helm in the crook of his arm he said to the captives, "My name is Ser Jon Templeton. You are free."

[ooc]I know it's not "important" but Jon will take the value of the armor and weapon and equally distribute that to the women.[/ooc]
Jon Templeton
Jon Templeton

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down