Dragon's Dance
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

QF Lane 4: Ser Theomore Tullison vs Ser Kevan Lyras

4 posters

Go down

QF Lane 4: Ser Theomore Tullison vs Ser Kevan Lyras Empty QF Lane 4: Ser Theomore Tullison vs Ser Kevan Lyras

Post by Baelon Drakeson Tue Dec 06, 2016 6:09 pm

[Whichever of you sees this first, please post a maneuver in a private thread and then state here that you have done so. The 2nd person can simply post their rolls (please remember to include your maneuver in your Orokos description]
Baelon Drakeson
Baelon Drakeson

Back to top Go down

QF Lane 4: Ser Theomore Tullison vs Ser Kevan Lyras Empty Re: QF Lane 4: Ser Theomore Tullison vs Ser Kevan Lyras

Post by Theomore Tullison Tue Dec 06, 2016 7:03 pm

[Maneuver declared]
Theomore Tullison
Theomore Tullison

Back to top Go down

QF Lane 4: Ser Theomore Tullison vs Ser Kevan Lyras Empty Re: QF Lane 4: Ser Theomore Tullison vs Ser Kevan Lyras

Post by Kevan Lyras Wed Dec 07, 2016 2:03 am

Use anointed +5
PR: 15 +5 = 20

QF vs Theo (High in the saddle) T1: 10d6k4+2 20

His visor closed, his lance at the ready, Kevan sighted silently. The list had not been kind to him. Except for maybe the host himself, there was no more dangerous opponent left in the field and Kevan saw little hope for a victory. At least I wont lose against that young green squire...
At the signal he kicked his horse and stood up high in the saddle...

Kevan Lyras

Back to top Go down

Post by Theomore Tullison Wed Dec 07, 2016 7:22 am

PR: 22 (20)
Defensive +2: 9d6k4 24 1 DoS, TN 9 to stay in saddle.

Theomore, in keeping with his advice to the young squire takes a conservative posture, as frequently was his habit, low and steady wins the joust, at least it should win him this match.
Theomore Tullison
Theomore Tullison

Back to top Go down

Post by Theomore Tullison Wed Dec 07, 2016 8:21 am

[I have declared maneuver choice for all tilts in this match, I don't really see anything incoming that would make Theo alter strategy.]
Theomore Tullison
Theomore Tullison

Back to top Go down

Post by Kevan Lyras Wed Dec 07, 2016 10:58 am

Stayinthe saddle T1: 6d6k3 16-2 = 14

The experienced knight showed excellent riding skills and avoided Kevan's lance completely, while his own stuck Kevan's shield. Not enough though to throw him off his horse. Receiving another lance at the end of his lane, Kevan decided for a more balanced approach this time around.

QF vs Theo (Balanced) T2: 10d6k4 19
PR 15

Kevan Lyras

Back to top Go down

Post by Theomore Tullison Wed Dec 07, 2016 2:43 pm

Defensive +2: 9d6k4 22 is 2 DoS, 18 damage before AR. TN 12 for stay in saddle.

Theomore does not alter his style in the slightest, perhaps he considers it wise not to call any more attention upon himself at this place than his ability and fortune with horse and lance can offer, not a single hint of bravado or risk taking can be observed.
Theomore Tullison
Theomore Tullison

Back to top Go down

Post by Kevan Lyras Thu Dec 08, 2016 9:56 am

The second pass ends much like the first as Kevan is hit by his opponent but does not leave so much as a scratch on Ser Theomore's shield. He turns around ready for the third pass...

Stayinthe saddle T2: 6d6k3 18
 Catch your breath: 4d6 14

Health 8/12
PR 15
 QF vs Theo (High in the saddle) T3: 10d6k4+2 23

(I could go defensive and drag this out longer, but to what end...)

Kevan Lyras

Back to top Go down

Post by Theomore Tullison Thu Dec 08, 2016 11:38 am

(You could, but going defensive will probably only nudge the odds further in Theo's favor, High in Saddle is probably your best bet here anyway.)

Defensive +2: 9d6k4 21 Another 2 DoS, TN 12 stay in saddle and 18 damage before AR.

stay in saddle: 6d6k4 14 Success
Theomore Tullison
Theomore Tullison

Back to top Go down

Post by Kevan Lyras Thu Dec 08, 2016 11:50 am

[How do you have a PR of 20 but only roll 6d6k4 on the stay in the saddle roll?]

Kevan Lyras

Back to top Go down

Post by Theomore Tullison Thu Dec 08, 2016 12:06 pm

[Tourney Knight]
Theomore Tullison
Theomore Tullison

Back to top Go down

Post by Aerion Storm Thu Dec 08, 2016 2:47 pm

[remember, just FWIW, that you only really miss on a critical failure; even on a failure, you're hitting and shattering your lance]
Aerion Storm
Aerion Storm

Back to top Go down

Post by Kevan Lyras Fri Dec 09, 2016 10:23 am

[Ah

Stayinthe saddle T3: 6d6k3 10

Stayinthe saddle lucky reroll: 6d6k3 13 damnit I still need to use the BotA +2, my only hope to hit you for 2 DoS :-)

CYB: 4d6 15

Health: 5/12

QF vs Theo (High in the saddle) T4: 10d6k4+2 26 - Damnit just now it comes up...

Kevan Lyras

Back to top Go down

Post by Theomore Tullison Fri Dec 09, 2016 12:06 pm

[Uhm, I do believe you don't need BoA+2 on the stay in saddle to make it? 13 beats 12, though Theo would still make the stay in saddle roll if you used it on the 26.]

Defensive +2: 9d6k4 19 Just 1 DoS
stay in saddle: 6d6k4 16
Theomore Tullison
Theomore Tullison

Back to top Go down

Post by Kevan Lyras Fri Dec 09, 2016 12:22 pm

[-2 from high in the saddle :-) ]

Kevan Lyras

Back to top Go down

Post by Theomore Tullison Fri Dec 09, 2016 1:54 pm

[Ah, I see, we may want to speed it up from here?]
Theomore Tullison
Theomore Tullison

Back to top Go down

Post by Kevan Lyras Sat Dec 10, 2016 8:59 am

[Yes I agree. Should be over soon anyway. I will ride high in the saddle for all jousts but bow out after my health is reduced to zero as I unlikely achieve even 1 DoS with an injury]

Stayinthe saddle T4: 6d6k3-2 13
CYB: 4d6 10

8/12
QF vs Theo (High in the saddle) T5: 10d6k4+2 22
Stayinthe saddle T5: 6d6k3-2 11
(A 2DoS hit finishes it otherwise roll for T6+ as well)

Kevan Lyras

Back to top Go down

Post by Theomore Tullison Sat Dec 10, 2016 6:29 pm

Defensive +2: 9d6k4 22
stay in saddle: 6d6k4 21

I believe that did it?
Theomore Tullison
Theomore Tullison

Back to top Go down

Post by Kevan Lyras Mon Dec 12, 2016 6:50 am

It took five passes but eventually Ser Theomore's lance threw Ser Kevan from his saddle where he landed hard on his left hip. While fellow jousters and other spectators with an eye for horsemanship were hardly surprised by this result, there were still quite a few moans to be heard from the crowd as more than one locals had been blinded by the tales of Marsten knight's success in the Tourney of Riverrun and now looked at the losing end of a foolish bet...

Kevan sruggled but got up to his feet before his squire could rush onto the field to help him. He opened his visor his eyes searching for his opponent.
"Well ridden Ser Theomore. I wish you good luck for the rest of the Tourney. I will come by later to ransom my horse and armor back, even if he is hardly the most precious steed you will win today", he added a quick smile and a bow before leaving the grounds for the next match.

[Take injuries for the fall; ransom is 3050 as Kevan still rides the trusty rounsy which he had brought to the Tourney at Riverrun]

Kevan Lyras

Back to top Go down

Post by Theomore Tullison Mon Dec 12, 2016 6:15 pm

"High Praise indeed from the knight securing second place at Riverrun, especially when I suspect more remember your performance than what they saw from the Aurochs himself!" That all those wide-eyed romantics forgot how the Auroch's had gone through many a jouster that would have given Ser Kevan considerable more pause than the one's he had faced. But how is that not to be expected? The singers had a living because of those wide-eyed romantics. If all men were like Theomore, they would not see the point in throwing them any coin.

But if one were not the Aurochs, or the Lord Commander of the Kingsguard, luck, in the draw or otherwise, counted almost as much as skill to determine how far one would climb in the rankings. And in keeping with that thought, luck was a skill in it's own right, or at least in Theomore's experience. Thus his opponent had deserved his glory at Riverrun, as much as Theomore would have gladly exchanged places in the draw. But no matter, he had won his fair share of victories, and had a mind to win an unfair share of victories to come.
Theomore Tullison
Theomore Tullison

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down