Dragon's Dance
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Cordial? Reunion. early morning (closed)

3 posters

Go down

Cordial? Reunion. early morning (closed) Empty Cordial? Reunion. early morning (closed)

Post by Yoren longshore Sun Apr 19, 2015 11:12 am

Yoren wakes early, knowing that this may determine the outcome of the future of house Longshore.
He heads through the Longshore camp, till he sees his brothers tent "
say whatever you will bout my brother, but he knows how to show flamboyancy"
Yoren mutters under his breath. He raises his voice to the guard in front of Roddrics tent. "
Vikk, would you mind kicking my brother awake? I've been gone 10 years and he won't even greet me, can you believe that?"
Yoren asks grinning to the old guard. Before asking more seriously: "
How is your leg getting along? Damned Dornish swine, they cannot use swords like us normal men, has to poison their blades."
Yoren says shaking his head in sympathy for the older man.

Yoren longshore

Back to top Go down

Cordial? Reunion. early morning (closed) Empty Re: Cordial? Reunion. early morning (closed)

Post by Reader Sun Apr 19, 2015 12:56 pm

The guardsman seems torn between suspicion at the returned elder Longshore and happiness that someone remembers the source of his old wound.

He nods and limps off, returning with Roddric Longshore, a fierce young warrior who is the very image of Ironborn masculinity. Despite his young age, he already has a thick blond beard and he rubs his hand against it in thought as he waits for Yoren to break the silence.
Reader
Reader
Site Admin

Back to top Go down

Cordial? Reunion. early morning (closed) Empty Re: Cordial? Reunion. early morning (closed)

Post by Yoren longshore Sun Apr 19, 2015 1:08 pm

Yoren looks at his younger brother for a short time, then he gives him a nod of acknowledgement: "
Is this going to turn into a competition on who looks more menancing? All members of the weaker sex runs from you at sight, so there is no real conpetition there"
Yoren smiles: "
Give me a hug, little brother"
Yoren opens his arms at the words.

Yoren longshore

Back to top Go down

Post by Reader Sun Apr 19, 2015 1:10 pm

Roddric is caught off guard, and acquiesces, although the hug is tentative and wary, despite the strength he clearly has in his frame.

Stepping back, he looks his elder brother up and down.

"
You were long gone from Longshore brother,"
he says evenly, leaving unsaid many had given you up for dead.
Reader
Reader
Site Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Yoren longshore Sun Apr 19, 2015 1:48 pm

Yoren looks: "
And now I am back, to lead us to new riches. And my first task is to find a seneschal, and there is no one I trust more than you for the job."

OOC
I know that he will compete for the heir, but I felt that the best way to go about convincing him is to make it seem like the matter is already settled.

Yoren longshore

Back to top Go down

Post by Reader Sun Apr 19, 2015 2:19 pm

"
You're still as bold as a true Ironborn brother, I'll give you that."

He spits, patting the axe at his belt.

"
My axe has protected us while you abandoned us. I have already won us new riches."
Reader
Reader
Site Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Yoren longshore Sun Apr 19, 2015 2:34 pm

Yoren drops the smile: "
Your axe has kept you alive, but with each stroke you kill your people. First off, I'd like you to accompany me to the hunt, let's see if we can gather some food. Secondly and more importantly: who do you would make the best leader of us, you know the answer as well as I do. I respect your efforts while I was gone, but now it is time for us to reap the fruits of my labor in the free cities and beyond."

Yoren reaches out his hand: "
We can make this easy or hard, you decide."

Disposition: Amiable
Objective: Convince rodric to drop his claim
Initiative: 5
Intrigue Defense: 9
Composure: 15

[url=convince my brother][/url]: 5d6k4 17

Damage equals will of 5 times degree of success.

Yoren longshore

Back to top Go down

Post by Yoren longshore Sun Apr 19, 2015 2:35 pm

[url=initiative][/url]: 3d6 5
forgot initiative link

Yoren longshore

Back to top Go down

Post by Reader Sun Apr 19, 2015 3:03 pm

Roddric snorts, ignoring Yoren's hand.

"
My axe kept us safe. Yours was not even here."

"
You speak of labour, but I see no proof of it here. Do not test my patience brother."

Exchange 1
Disposition: Dislike, DR 5
Objective: ???
Initiative: [url=Status (Initiative)][/url]: 3d6+1 8
Intrigue Defence: 9
Composure: 6
Action: Consider

Exchange 2
Initiative: [url=Status (Initiative)][/url]: 3d6+1 8
Action: [url=Persuade (Intimidate)][/url]: 6d6k3-1 13
3 damage - 3 DR =0
Reader
Reader
Site Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Yoren longshore Sun Apr 19, 2015 3:15 pm

http://orokos.com/roll/276630 action: consider rolled 5

here are things that you cannot hope to understand, you see your axe and other people's heads, and you connect these two, that is the limit of your deductive powers, I am the best candidate and the rightful heir, I don't want this to end in conflict."

Objective: Convince Rodric to drop his claim

Yoren longshore

Back to top Go down

Post by Reader Sun Apr 19, 2015 3:20 pm

"
THE LIMITS TO MY DEDUCTIVE POWERS!"
Roddric roars in anger, drawing stares from the rest of the camp.

He seethes as he considers his next words.

Initiative: Status (Initiative): 3d6+1 8
Action: Consider
Reader
Reader
Site Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Yoren longshore Sun Apr 19, 2015 3:26 pm

[url=re try reading rodric][/url]: 3d6 11

Objective: Convince rodric to drop his claim

Yoren raises his voice in the same way: "
You cannot even come with a taunt of your own so you have to copy mine? What sort of man cannot let his houses interest fall before his own?"
Yoren asks, wondering if the people in Essos may hear their argument.

Yoren longshore

Back to top Go down

Post by Reader Sun Apr 19, 2015 6:33 pm

Breathing deeply, Roddric is barely ably to contain his fury.

"
I warned you brother, but you push me too far."

"
I'l be at the practice grounds - be thankful I don't have my men cut short your return."

Initiative: Status (Initiative): 3d6+1 8
Action: Quit
Reader
Reader
Site Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Yoren longshore Sun Apr 19, 2015 6:48 pm

Yoren shakes his head shouting to the man's back: "
You disappoint me, you first gather the attention of all of our houses retainers and now you scurry away for all of them to see, not your brightest move. Come back and we'll get an agreement, or you'll turn tail and all the camp will see how childishly you handle pressure."

OOC
If allowed, I'll throw a last attempt at persuasion at his back, as I am lower in initiative: [url=convincing my brother not to leave (assuming bonus from reading)][/url]: 6d6k5 20

Yoren longshore

Back to top Go down

Post by Reader Sun Apr 19, 2015 6:51 pm

Roddric is deaf to his brother's plea, but several gruff old warriors standing nearby nod at Yoren's words, swayed by his forceful personality. Perhaps the return of the elder Longshore is just what the family needed?

[OOC: I'm afraid Roddric quits as his initiative is higher. However, I'm loathe to let a good roll and speech pass, so the Ironborn attracted by the shouting take your side]
Reader
Reader
Site Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Yoren longshore Sun Apr 19, 2015 6:56 pm

Yoren spends the rest of the early morning chatting up these oldbloods he used to admire and respect, knowing that they will be key to gaining his place back in the iron born community.

OOC
Well, now no one can accuse me for not having tried at the very least.

Yoren longshore

Back to top Go down

Post by Leifnarr Longshore Thu Apr 23, 2015 8:34 am

Having heard all of the noise going around the camp the big Leifnarr exits his tent and goes towards Roddric's tent.

As he enters he says:"
Godday boy, I've just heard all that stuff"

OOC: I'll try to "
soften"
Roddric disposition towards Yoren, before the afternoon meeting.
By the way, as per my background, there should be some sympathy between Leifnarr and the second son of his brother!
Furtherore I Want to exploit Leifnarr's prestigious position in the delegationn at the tourney.
I do not want to openly support Yoren now, but we need to have peace in the Longshore camp.

Leifnarr Longshore

Back to top Go down

Post by Reader Thu Apr 23, 2015 10:25 pm

Leifnarr Longshore wrote:Having heard all of the noise going around the camp the big Leifnarr exits his tent and goes towards Roddric's tent.

As he enters he says:"
Godday boy, I've just heard all that stuff"

OOC: I'll try to "
soften"
Roddric disposition towards Yoren, before the afternoon meeting.
By the way, as per my background, there should be some sympathy between Leifnarr and the second son of his brother!
Furtherore I Want to exploit Leifnarr's prestigious position in the delegationn at the tourney.
I do not want to openly support Yoren now, but we need to have peace in the Longshore camp.

Roddric looks up, a red mist still upon him.

He almost pants his words as rage tumbles out of him.

"
He may be kin but Yoren makes me wroth, uncle. It is only for the respect I bear you that I counselled my guard to let you enter. A dark mood is upon me, I would be alone with my thoughts."

[OOC: do you want to intrigue Roddric or just chat? If it's an intrigue I can crunch the numbers rather than both of us rolling, if you give me some instructions on your action. It will save time. If not, you can just exchange a few woods]
Reader
Reader
Site Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Leifnarr Longshore Fri Apr 24, 2015 7:43 am

Leifnarr smiles as his voice tone becomes quite friendly: "
And I hate too to be bothered by uncles when I'm angry!"

The authority in Leifnarr's voice then augments as he says:
"
I'm not here for telling you to love your brother.
I'm here to tell you to be careful and to protect your house.

It's not for us to proclaim who is the "
heir"
Tradition and law will make Yoren the rightful heir... but we are Ironborn, not girlish rivermen, and you better than me that sometimes we piss over traditions.
Yoren will certainly fall, if he will not be respected by the men as you are, and he could be killed by anybody, if he does anything stupid.

But I'm not even telling you to help him getting men's respect or to protect him for murderers, if he acts like an idiot.
Idiots fall among us Ironborn, you know it.
Just give him a chance to play the "
firstborn"
role now: if he has to rule, he will earn that right with his own strengths, nothing is free among us.

However, more than anything else, I'm here for telling you to be aware of Greenlander eyes, for the sake of our family.
There are so many of them, even inside this pavillon...eyes and ears hungry for information.
The Greenlanders are all looking for weaknesses in our family, and they'll exploit them, for making all of us fall."

After a brief pause, since the nephew does not seem to reply, the uncle goes on:

Do not love Yoren.
Treat him with respect as far as we are in this wolfs' den they call "
a tourney"
That's what I'll do in front of royalties this morning at gift-giving...presenting Yoren as the firstborn of my brother, but the word "
heir"
will not be openly uttered in my mouth.
He must earn it on the field.
In the meanwhile, I'll show the green-pigs how much the Longshore are united and strong, I'll not show them the internal fight.

Protect you family, Roddric, we second-born are made for this.
The warriors out there like you, and I know your chance willl come, if it has to come.
You cannot understand how much this situation reminds me of you and your father ... but be careful, nephew.

Men like me and you are easy to anger, since we are eager to wield an axe...but time has taught me the dangers of politics.
You must learn them too, if you want our family to prosper and survive.

OOC:
I'm trying to persuade him to be at least at 1 degree better disposition with Yoren, as far as we are in the tourney.
Do not want Greenlander spies to exploit possible divisions among us.

Leifnarr Longshore

Back to top Go down

Post by Reader Mon Apr 27, 2015 12:28 pm

Roddric listens to his uncle, one of the few men strong enough to earn his respect. That Leifnarr has lived his life in the role Roddric suddenly finds himself thrust back in to.

He nods many times as Leifnarr speaks, particularly at "
nothing is free among us"

"
You speak truly uncle. A ship with even a single weak point will sink. I will not be that weak point. My vagrant brother need have no fear from me and mine, unless his actions his our security."

"
However, if my brother is the leak, I have no problem in plugging it...."

A flash of Roddric's typical short sightedness and temper comes through at the end.

[OOC: TN 9 simple intrigue to really make your words stick with Roddric, but the RP is good enough to have some impact - it at least gets him on the joint hunt]
Reader
Reader
Site Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down