Dragon's Dance
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

[D2, Early Evening] Wine with Dinner (Closed)

2 posters

Go down

[D2, Early Evening] Wine with Dinner (Closed) Empty [D2, Early Evening] Wine with Dinner (Closed)

Post by Nathaniel Mason Mon Apr 20, 2015 6:28 am

Maester Forthwind sat at his desk in his tent, his pudgy fingers pouring over the latest treatise on Fenugreek, when a servant entered carrying his dinner. Roast chicken and vegetables by the smell of it. "
Just put it on the desk there."
he said absently, not looking up.

The servant did as he was bid, and Forthwind continued with his reading. Several minutes passed before the Maester realized the servant was waiting patiently for his attention. "
Was there something I could help you-"

Nathan smiled at the soft man with the lumpy nose and swarthy complexion. "
Really Maester. You are lucky that no-one ever bothers to assassinate Maesters. It would be dirt easy. You're all up late at night, alone, nose in your books, no guards on your door. Given the right plant to study you might be dead ten minutes before you realized it."
Nathan produced a bottle of Dornish red of a decent year and placed it on the desk. "
Here I found this for you. I thought you might like it."
He slumped into a chair across from the desk and sighed, obviously grateful to get off his feet.

"
Found it, did you?"
commented the Maester with an easy-going smile. "
Where did you nick this then?"
picking up the bottle.

Nathan thrust his hand to his heart as if stabbed. "
Really Maester, you wound me deeply."
he replied, then shrugged and smiled. "
The Tullys were serving that, or worse, at the luncheon this afternoon to their guests. You're a guest of the Tully's aren't you?"

Forthwind gave a slight smile and uncorked the bottle, giving Nathan a glance to see if he wanted a glass.

"
Not a chance."
grimaced the young man. "
You'd have to pay me to drink that stuff."

After pouring a glass, and Nathan stealing several carrots from his dinner, the Maestar nestled back in his chair. "
So what do you want Nathaniel?"

"
Really Maester. Can't I just pay a friendly visit? Can't I just come to bask in the warmth of your vaulted knowledge and intelligence?"
replied Nathan. His voice dripped with over-dramatic tones. "
Where is that accurately named bird of yours, Malevolent. Spreading ill omens and stealing the souls of children?"
Nathaniel Mason
Nathaniel Mason

Back to top Go down

[D2, Early Evening] Wine with Dinner (Closed) Empty Re: [D2, Early Evening] Wine with Dinner (Closed)

Post by Reader Tue Apr 21, 2015 7:24 pm

"
Malevolent is saving his terrorising for House Tully's ravens - he's earned a stay in the castle! You need not fear for my life and unkind blades - wicked observers have suggested I'm always armoured."

The maester slaps his ample paunch and laughs at his own joke.

His eyes narrow in jovial mock suspicion.

"
Knowledge? Intelligence? What favour do you need boy?"
Reader
Reader
Site Admin

Back to top Go down

[D2, Early Evening] Wine with Dinner (Closed) Empty Re: [D2, Early Evening] Wine with Dinner (Closed)

Post by Nathaniel Mason Tue Apr 21, 2015 7:49 pm

"
I am serious Maester."
replies Nathan with a wry grin. "
I am doing some research for a mutual friend and I am confident that with your vast store of knowledge you can shed some light on the subject."
He pauses for a moment for dramatic effect. "
Eloise Potter."

Nathan's steady gaze looks for a reaction.

Intrigue

Objective: Information
Disposition: Friendly (DR2, +3 Per)
Initiative: Eloquent
Intrigue Defense: 9
Composure: 9

Action: [url=Forthwind-Exch1-Read Target][/url]: 3d6 12
Nathaniel Mason
Nathaniel Mason

Back to top Go down

Post by Reader Tue Apr 21, 2015 7:53 pm

The piggy eyes narrow. Nathaniel can tell the Maester is suddenly more serious.

"
Strange to enquire about a minor servant, long departed. Are you recruiting? I fear she would not be suited to your line of work."

Objective: ???
Disposition: Amiable, DR 3
Initiative: Doesn't matter
Intrigue Defence: 11

Action: Consider
Result - read target succeeds
Reader
Reader
Site Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Nathaniel Mason Tue Apr 21, 2015 8:20 pm

"
I am always recruiting, Maester,"
smiles Nathan, "
at least those with the talent, disposition and desire. I would also agree that she would be ill-suited to my line of work, but I understand there were others with a differing opinion."

Action: [url=Forthwind-Exch2-Convince][/url]: 6d6k5+3 [url=BoA][/url] 25

3DoS (9 Composure before DR) [I seem to have a talent for being 1 short on a test for that extra DoS]
Nathaniel Mason
Nathaniel Mason

Back to top Go down

Post by Reader Wed Apr 22, 2015 8:55 pm

"
And where did you hear this name? And come to me with questions?"

Objective: ???
Disposition: Amiable, DR 3
Initiative: Doesn't matter
Intrigue Defence: 11
Composure: 3 (9)

Action:[url=Persuade (Charm)][/url]: 5d6k3+1 14
2 DoS = 6 -2 = 4 Damage
Reader
Reader
Site Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Nathaniel Mason Wed Apr 22, 2015 9:15 pm

"
I heard it at the ladies luncheon this afternoon."
replies Nathan with complete candor. "
They chattered over it like magpies with an especially juicy bit of carrion;
and I came to you because if anyone would know the truth, and be honest with me, it would be you. If what they are sayingg is false, then it must be stamped out quickly, as it casts House Bartheld in an extremely poor light. If what they are saying is true... well... that's an entirely different problem, isn't it."

Composure: 5 (9)

Action: [url=Forthwind-Exch3-Convince][/url]: 6d6k5+3 [url=BoA][/url] 23
3 DoS = 9 -3 = 6 damage.

[You did 4 damage to me. I am friendly. my DR is 2]
Nathaniel Mason
Nathaniel Mason

Back to top Go down

Post by Reader Wed Apr 22, 2015 10:25 pm

[Result: defeat, Maester Forthwind is convinced to tell Nathaniel what he knows of Eloise Potter]

The plump Maester exhales loudly in resignation.

"
I see you will not be deterred. I am afraid this is a tale with no heroes, but no villains either."

"
Are you sure you want to hear this? I know you care for the smallfolk, but knowledge can be dangerous."
Reader
Reader
Site Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Nathaniel Mason Wed Apr 22, 2015 10:39 pm

Nathan sighs. "
I'm not surprised there are no heroes or villains. Life is never so conveniently black and white. I think it's best I know. Knowledge may be dangerous but I have found that ignorance rarely makes anyone safer."

Nathan leans forward to hear the Maester's soft words.

[Information sent to private thread]

[/scene]
Nathaniel Mason
Nathaniel Mason

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down