Dragon's Dance
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

[D6:Mid Afternoon] Sparring off some frustration (open)

2 posters

Go down

[D6:Mid Afternoon] Sparring off some frustration (open) Empty [D6:Mid Afternoon] Sparring off some frustration (open)

Post by Baelon Drakeson Tue May 26, 2015 11:52 pm

OOC: this is open if anyone wants to jump in and talk, but mostly it's for the fight.

Returning from the tourney field, frustration at his poor showing mounting, Baelon thunders into the Marsten pavilion. Despite the pain in his head he does not retreat to his tent, but rather heads to the empty space that has become an ersatz practice yard in the camp.

"
Steffon, Courtenay, and Martyn."
He calls out to three of House Marsten's youngest and greenest guards, known more for their friendship and antics than their skill.
"
Grab some training weapons. It's time for a lesson."

He exchanges his live steel for a blunted practice blade and straps on his shield.

"
You three get to practice your coordination and group tactics. I'll be practicing facing multiple foes before the melee. It'll be good for us all.
To first blood or yield, don't go overboard and I won't either."

Combat - Initiative Step
[url=sparring initiative][/url]: 3d6-3 9
Combat Defense: 11
AR: 7
Health: 9/9
F/I/W: 0/0/0

OOC: Reader, I'm not sure what stats you are using for training weapons. -1 Damage per DoS and no vicious/etc. like in BitW?
Baelon Drakeson
Baelon Drakeson

Back to top Go down

[D6:Mid Afternoon] Sparring off some frustration (open) Empty Re: [D6:Mid Afternoon] Sparring off some frustration (open)

Post by Reader Wed May 27, 2015 6:55 pm

"
Aye Ser Baelon,"
replied Martyn, the boldest of the three.

The three guards took up solid shields and tested various maces and axes for weight.

Their numbers seemed to breed confusion, creating an opening for the faster Baelon to strike the first blow.

[OOC: normal damage, no vicious, just choose generous defeat options]

[url=Initiative][/url]: 3#2d6-3 5 6 2
Combat Defense: 8
AR: 5
Reader
Reader
Site Admin

Back to top Go down

[D6:Mid Afternoon] Sparring off some frustration (open) Empty Re: [D6:Mid Afternoon] Sparring off some frustration (open)

Post by Baelon Drakeson Wed May 27, 2015 7:12 pm

Combat - Round 1
Initiative: 9 (Baelon, 3 amigos)

Baelon steps up and smacks Courtenay with his practice blade, being sure to keep his defenses up. Even still, the blow is enough to send the youth sprawling to the dirt.
"
Too slow! If this was a real battle you'd be dead by now!"

Action: move
Action: [url=Cautious Attack][/url]: 7d6k4 21 3 DoS
Effect: 3*5 = 15 - 5 AR = 10 damage

Combat Defense: 11 (14)

OOC: Why couldn't I roll like that in the joust? At this rate this will be a short fight...
All of my defeat conditions will simply be shame, embarrassment, and extra practice sessions with their drill sergeant.
Baelon Drakeson
Baelon Drakeson

Back to top Go down

Post by Reader Wed May 27, 2015 9:45 pm

Courtenay reels away, defeated.

Martyn lives up to his reputation by attempting to shunt Ser Baelon from his feet, charging at the bastard knight shield-first. Steffon swiftly follows up the opening, but Ser Baelon's skilful defence preserves him from serious harm.

Martyn
Lesser action: move
Lesser action: knockdown
[url=Knockdown][/url]: 3d6+2 14

Steffon
Lesser action: move
Lesser action: attack [including knockdown]
[url=Attack][/url]: 6d6k5 23
2 Dos = 8 damage - 7AR =1

Initiative: 3#2d6-3 5 6 2
Combat Defense: 7 [sums wrong before]
Reader
Reader
Site Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Baelon Drakeson Wed May 27, 2015 10:19 pm

Combat - Round 2

Baelon attempts to swiftly roll back onto his feet, but the stiffness of his armor interferes and he remains on the ground, sitting up, but not standing.
However, he thrusts his practice blade at Steffon, the blunted tip catching the guardsman on the knee - a painful and debilitating blow, but not sufficient to do lasting harm.
He eyes Martyn over the edge of his shield.
"
Better. Just you and me now, think you can take me out in one blow?"

Action: [url=quick-stand agility][/url]: 3d6-3 8 fails due to AP (no AP against Knockdown, but still on this, right?)
Action: [url=Cautious Attack][/url]: 7d6k4 18 3 DoS

Combat Defense: 11 (14)
Health: 8/9
Baelon Drakeson
Baelon Drakeson

Back to top Go down

Post by Reader Wed May 27, 2015 10:26 pm

Martyn swings downwards with a vicious butcher's cut and a feral roar.

His attack's placement fails to match its ferocity, deflecting off Ser Baelon's upraised shield and safely off a pauldron.

The man-at-arms attempted to follow Ser Baelon's movement and strike more truly next time, if given the opportunity...

Lesser action: [url=Fighting][/url]: 6d6k5 18
Result = 1 DoS = 4 Damage - 7AR = 0
Lesser action: aim

Initiative: 3#2d6-3 5 6 2
Combat Defense: 7
Reader
Reader
Site Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Baelon Drakeson Wed May 27, 2015 11:12 pm

Combat - Round 3

Baelon once again attempts and fails to get up.
Well, I know what I need to work on...
Foregoing caution to instead end the fight, Baelon sweeps his sword across Martyn's legs - with a heavier and sharper blade Martyn would be using a crutch the rest of his life, but with the practice blade he will suffer only with some ugly bruises.

With all three foes down, he takes his time to stand up, then helps the other three to their feet.
"
That was, frankly, pathetic. I worked up more of sweat trying to stand than I did on you you three. Pathetic, but not hopeless. Report to your duty sergeant and tell him that I ordered you to have double training sessions. Specifically, your defenses are a shambles. You need to practice your shield work. Expect your foe to be more skilled than you, and act accordingly. Strength training would be good too."
He claps Martyn's shoulder. "
Good plan with that knockdown. Work hard and you'll be promoted before you know it."

Some of his frustration worked of, he collects his sword and retires to his tent for an afternoon nap before the evening's festivities.
Bartheld parties can go into the wee hours, and it's not like I have anything to get early for. Might as well go rested and stay up all night.

Action: [url=Quick Stand][/url]: 3d6-3 6 (again fails due to AP)
Action: [url=Attack][/url]: 7d6k5 18

Combat Defense: 11
Health: 8/9
Baelon Drakeson
Baelon Drakeson

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down