Dragon's Dance
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

[Day 6: BP] Jon Cobb and Lady Isobel

2 posters

Go down

[Day 6: BP] Jon Cobb and Lady Isobel Empty [Day 6: BP] Jon Cobb and Lady Isobel

Post by Jon Cobb Sun May 31, 2015 1:53 pm

Placeholder post for Reader to introduce Lady Isobel to the party and begin interaction with Jon.

Jon Cobb

Back to top Go down

[Day 6: BP] Jon Cobb and Lady Isobel Empty Re: [Day 6: BP] Jon Cobb and Lady Isobel

Post by Reader Wed Jun 03, 2015 5:29 pm

Lady Isobel Marsten had, in a fit of melancholy or melodrama, chosen a traditional aspect of the Mother as her mask.

Still, her favoured light purple gowns and distinctive polished vowels made her unmistakeable to those who knew her.

Flustered, or taking advantage of the event's informality, she seemed unusually forward, discarding the usually rules of etiquette.

"
Jon, it is good to see a friendly face."

No title, and her hand grips Jon just below the shoulder.

She pauses.

"
That's not quite right - it's good to at least hear a friendly voice across the room."
Reader
Reader
Site Admin

Back to top Go down

[Day 6: BP] Jon Cobb and Lady Isobel Empty Re: [Day 6: BP] Jon Cobb and Lady Isobel

Post by Jon Cobb Wed Jun 03, 2015 9:31 pm

"
Lady Isobel, it is a delight to see you,"
Jon replies warmly. But, slightly inebriated as he is, he cannot help but follow up with a quip: "
Though for a moment, I feared it was my own mother's voice I was hearing, come to scold me for my wicked ways!"

Jon Cobb

Back to top Go down

Post by Reader Wed Jun 03, 2015 9:54 pm

The joke seems to fall slightly flat despite their good relationship. Unsurprising given Lady Isobel's current state of mind and her wilful daughter.

"
It is ever the Mother's fate to be the scold it seems, rather than the gentle nurturer and protector."

She taps her mask with her left hand.

"
Perhaps I should have seized this chance to play the maid once more?"
Reader
Reader
Site Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Jon Cobb Wed Jun 03, 2015 10:35 pm

"
Ah, please forgive my jest, L...Isobel, it was in poor taste. It appears that I have a head start on you in seeking solace in joy - or at least wine - this evening,"
Jon apologizes. "
But, if your wish is to be as a maiden this evening, free from doubt and fear, duty and responsibility, then I will endeavor to make it so, my lady. Should you instead wish only for tranquility and a sympathetic ear, then I shall make that my purpose."

Jon Cobb

Back to top Go down

Post by Reader Thu Jun 04, 2015 9:56 pm

"
Let us make use of our masks and have them shield us from formality, Jon."

She mirrors his familiar address, meeting the old bear's gaze.

"
Let us dance then, free from doubt and fear, casting off responsibility for one night at least."

And one night only - Lady Isobel was still a Marsten, after all.
Reader
Reader
Site Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Jon Cobb Fri Jun 05, 2015 8:57 pm

"
We shall make both ourselves and the night young again, Isobel,"
Jon replies. Taking her arm, he draws her onto the dance floor, where they join in a lively reel.

How can this woman call herself a relic? he ponders. She has the grace and stamina of woman half her age, and the face and figure to go with it. She is wise, intelligent and kind. You do yourself wrong, Isobel, to call yourself a relic. You have simply forgotten what a glorious creature you are, locked up as you are in your cage of duty and propriety.

They dance for what seems like an age, Jon doing his best to keep the mood merry and to lighten Isobel's spirits. Finally, as the latest in a long line of dances ends, Jon leads Isobel out of the pavilion into the cool night air and asks, "
Isobel, would you walk with me in the night as you have in the morning? I have a very personal question I must ask you."

Jon Cobb

Back to top Go down

Post by Reader Thu Jun 11, 2015 10:28 pm

By now, Lady Isobel's previous taut polite smiles of earlier in the evening had reached her eyes, the beginning of something warmer and genuine.

"
We shall have the making of the Bear and the Maiden fair on our walk. I know my bear shall keep me safe from the night's terrors."
Reader
Reader
Site Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Jon Cobb Fri Jun 12, 2015 9:52 am

"
Then have a care, Isobel! Do you not know that when one is caught in a bear's embrace, there is no escape?"
Jon laughs, pleased to see Isobel enjoying herself.

Taking Isobel's hand in his, Jon leads her off down a torchlit path, a thoughtful look on his face. "
Isobel, I...I need to ask you something that may be painful for you. If it is so, I will understand if you don't wish to reply, and only ask that you don't hold my prying against me. Isobel, when you married your late lord husband - Corben, was it? - did you marry for love or duty?"

Jon Cobb

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down