Dragon's Dance
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

[D6, BP] Marsten & Blackthorne (Closed)

2 posters

Go down

[D6, BP] Marsten &
Blackthorne (Closed) Empty [D6, BP] Marsten & Blackthorne (Closed)

Post by Lady Corrine Marsten Mon Jun 01, 2015 4:22 am

[ooc: This is mainly an infodump thread for Corrine to let Ben in on House Marsten's deliberations about whom to support in House Bartheld's succession struggle. It occurs after Corrine's conversatio with the Septon and Ser Jorah, and after Ben's conversation with Athelstan.]

After much mingling and even more wine, Corrine finds her way back to Ben's side. She tugs gently at his sleeve;

"
I recall promising earlier to tell you about the Barthelds. Would you like to go find somewhere private to talk, so we won't be disturbed?"
Lady Corrine Marsten
Lady Corrine Marsten

Back to top Go down

[D6, BP] Marsten &
Blackthorne (Closed) Empty Re: [D6, BP] Marsten & Blackthorne (Closed)

Post by Benedict Marsten Mon Jun 01, 2015 4:31 am

"
Of course. I am sure there must be private areas for just such talk, as I would assume negotiations and such are a norm for these events. Let us see if we can not find someplace."
Ben offers his arm.

"
We have been invited to lunch tomorrow by the ... by Athlestan. I understand if you wish to refuse."
Benedict Marsten
Benedict Marsten

Back to top Go down

[D6, BP] Marsten &

Post by Lady Corrine Marsten Mon Jun 01, 2015 4:35 am

As they wander together, looking for a quiet room, away from the bustle of the party, she looks to him with a raised eyebrow;

"
Did he say if it was for a particular reason? Did he invite us both, or just you?"

She is clearly not rejecting it out of hand, but is definitely wary.
Lady Corrine Marsten
Lady Corrine Marsten

Back to top Go down

[D6, BP] Marsten &

Post by Benedict Marsten Mon Jun 01, 2015 4:51 am

Ben laughs quietly. "
He gouged me a bit on my ransom. I perhaps could have haggled, but was just pleased to be getting my things back. He threw in the invite as part of the exchange and offered for me to bring company. I believe his companion Lady Elize will be joining us."

The hum of the crowd fading as they find themselves nearly alone.
Benedict Marsten
Benedict Marsten

Back to top Go down

[D6, BP] Marsten &

Post by Lady Corrine Marsten Mon Jun 01, 2015 5:02 am

"
Oh. I see. Well, I suppose there is no harm in coming along, if you want me there,"
Corrine replies, with a restrained smile.

She starts peeking into adjacent parts of the pavilion, and eventually finds a small room with little more in it than a table and a few chairs. She hoists herself to sit on the table, placing her wine glass beside her and slightly swinging her feet. She pulls up her mask and lest it rest on the top of her head.

"
This seems private enough. I didn't want to discuss our hosts too openly."
Lady Corrine Marsten
Lady Corrine Marsten

Back to top Go down

[D6, BP] Marsten &

Post by Benedict Marsten Mon Jun 01, 2015 5:21 am

"
Are you teasing me? Of course I want you there. Always"
He watches her casually place herself on the table. As she sits there looking so carefree and her slippered feet begin to swing he feels a desire. Quickly he quells it by looking to the chair at her feet.

"
Yes. The Bartheld dilemma. This will make you the third person to brooch the subject with me."
He eases into the chair keeping his attention. Its hold on his attention gone as he comes before her. His eyes trail from her delicate slippers up the flocked bodice I have seen what is behind thereto the full lips I have tasted those to rest on those caring blue eyes. Focus. Focus.

"
What is House Marsten's take?"
Benedict Marsten
Benedict Marsten

Back to top Go down

[D6, BP] Marsten &

Post by Lady Corrine Marsten Mon Jun 01, 2015 5:40 am

She looks down at him with affection, and reaches over to lift his mask too, so it also perches on top of his head, and she can look him in the eye properly.

"
Well, currently, it seems thus;
Davain is the official heir, and wishes to focus on the stability of the house. He is against the House's previous ostentation, and wants to make the House more restrained, and financially stable. While I do like a good party, I think this is very sensible. However, his politics and the leanings of House Marsten don't match up. He is a supporter of the Queen, but we are more inclined towards the Princess. Fendrel shares House Marsten's outlook on the royal family, but he seems primarily interested in ingratiating himself with the nobility, and maintaining House Bartheld's reputation for revelry with more partying, rather than less. This, I believe, is probably unsustainable for the House, as they will quickly run out of funds for partying if that is all Fendrel wants to do if he inherits. I, personally, would much rather see a stable House Bartheld with less extravagance and a respectful agreement to differing politics than a foolish friend who might drag House Marsten down with him, if that makes sense."

She lets her slippers drop off onto the floor, and places her little feet daintily onto his knees.

"
I would welcome your view, of course. And I am curious as to who else has been asking you about it."
Lady Corrine Marsten
Lady Corrine Marsten

Back to top Go down

[D6, BP] Marsten &

Post by Benedict Marsten Mon Jun 01, 2015 5:57 am

He listens intently nodding in agreement and then ... when her bare feet hit his knee his focus breaks. Shit! what did she ask? My view ... and who? Get it together.

His hands reach out to cradle her near foot. His fingers applying pressure to the heel and arch. "
I have heard much the same as you. Though I have to say a friendly house with differing political leanings may not tend to be friendly for long. That is a gamble, but so is hoping House Bartheld can mange with the lavish revelry. Thus why I was easily swayed to remain out of it."

"
Ser Jon Cobb was the one to convince me neutrality was best, for a sworn sword. That will not work for a Lord though I suppose. The other was a young performer by the name of Nathaniel, who shown the light on Davains claim and ability to manage the House to prosperity."

He eases the rubbed foot back onto knee and scoops up the other, administering the same touch.
Benedict Marsten
Benedict Marsten

Back to top Go down

[D6, BP] Marsten &

Post by Lady Corrine Marsten Mon Jun 01, 2015 6:12 am

She smiles at him gently rubbing her feet, and his measured answer.

I picked a good one.

"
I see. They both advised you well. I had the pleasure of meeting Nathaniel recently. For a man of his... profession, he is very astute and diplomatic. Not what I would have imagined. It was he who convinced myself and my cousin, Edmund, that Davain was the wiser choice to support. However, Jon Cobb also speaks wisely that neutrality is desirable. A Lord does not always have that luxury, but it is also a huge risk to back the losing side, so we should remain neutral as long as possible, or at least have each side convinced we support them. I feel both cases have merit, but I know my own inexperience, and Ser Baelon is in favour of supporting Fendrel, so I have a tricky decision to make. However, I will not make a decision until I speak with Davain myself. I would not support a man or woman in anything until I have taken my own measure of them personally."

Last edited by 151 on Mon Jun 01, 2015 11:02 pm; edited 1 time in total
Lady Corrine Marsten
Lady Corrine Marsten

Back to top Go down

[D6, BP] Marsten &

Post by Benedict Marsten Mon Jun 01, 2015 6:04 pm

He smiles up at her as he continues his task tenderly. "
You sound every bit the practiced leader. Like i say the only fear I have is that the friendship Davain offers now"
his hand moves up to the ankle and calf, squeezing and rolling lightly. "
may sometime soon not be there. Though Fendrel may lead his house to ruin, he need not take house Marsten with it, with the proper precautions put in place.."

He adjusts in his chair to reach the ankle and calf of the other leg. "
Surely a Lord will be determined soon, with or without House Marsten's support. But neutrality can be seen to the winner as either a boon or slight."

He laughs. "
I have talked in circles and brought myself no closer to definitive answer."
Benedict Marsten
Benedict Marsten

Back to top Go down

[D6, BP] Marsten &

Post by Lady Corrine Marsten Tue Jun 02, 2015 12:05 am

"
Being able to say much while promising nothing is an art form in itself,"
Corrine laughs, extanding her leg a little to allow him to continue kneading the supple flesh of her calves. "
I am assembling an advisory council to guide us in such matters. We should definitely consult with them tomorrow. It will consist of my mother, Ser Baelon, my cousins, Kevan and Gwyneth, and Lord Kriegar, hopefully, if he agrees to join. But I wanted to bring you up to speed, though I did not know you had already been approached."
Lady Corrine Marsten
Lady Corrine Marsten

Back to top Go down

[D6, BP] Marsten &

Post by Benedict Marsten Tue Jun 02, 2015 3:06 am

He laughs with her, nodding at her evaluation. As her leg extends unexpectedly, his hand moves precariously close to her thigh then quickly retreat back below the knee. His face a tight lipped smile of apology.

His face becomes a mixture of curiosity and humor. "
Lady Isobel serves as experience. Ser Baelon for his political persuasion and martial skill. Ser Kevan for his military prowess. Lord Kriegar to appease his loss and even the bannerhouse playing field. Well done."
He looks at her with a certain pride. "
But what of Gwyn and Edmund, who I do not know well?"

His mind well distracted by the council selections and possibilities, leaves his not so idle hands on their own accord. They drift slowly back up. His thumbs rubbing small circles as his callused fingers contract and release above her knee.

Last edited by 113 on Tue Jun 02, 2015 3:54 am; edited 1 time in total
Benedict Marsten
Benedict Marsten

Back to top Go down

[D6, BP] Marsten &

Post by Lady Corrine Marsten Tue Jun 02, 2015 3:25 am

She is fully conscious of his roaming hands, but chooses not to intervene, enjoying his touch.

"
Well, Edmund and Gwyneth are astute and cunning, well-versed in subtle persuasion and subterfuge. They would be able to have the kind of conversations we could not, operate in more hidden ways than we could, as the more public faces of the House. While I prefer honesty and forthrightness in my dealings, sometimes a more subtle approach is needed. Sometimes, things need to be done that the heads of a House cannot be seen to be doing, if you catch my meaning."

She shifts forward on the table a little, coaxing his hands a little further up on her thighs, while stroking his own gently with her toes.
Lady Corrine Marsten
Lady Corrine Marsten

Back to top Go down

[D6, BP] Marsten &

Post by Benedict Marsten Tue Jun 02, 2015 3:51 am

His hands knead ever further up with her adjustment. A chuckle at her description of Gwyn gets caught in his throat as her toes stroke his thigh.

"
I have never heard such an accurate description of Gwyn put so... diplomatically. So Edmund must be her male counterpart. I do look forward to meeting him."

His fingers begin to reach outward in small circles. "
You have made excellent choices from what I have seen. Well on your way."
His approving look barely conceals his growing desire.
Benedict Marsten
Benedict Marsten

Back to top Go down

[D6, BP] Marsten &

Post by Lady Corrine Marsten Tue Jun 02, 2015 4:00 am

"
I'm glad you approve,"
she replies, her voice almost a purr. "
Hopefully, when I get everyone together, it will be amiable and productive. I expect some tensions though. No transition of power, however peaceful, is entirely without its difficulties."

She strokes his face tenderly;

"
But you make me feel like we can do it. I truly believe this is right. Mother will take convincing. She is being her usual chilly self, but I think she is upset that I have done so much without consulting her. Hence appointing her to the council. She will soon see, with each of our triumphs, that the House will thrive."

Leaning forward, so her face was level with his, she kisses him deeply.
Lady Corrine Marsten
Lady Corrine Marsten

Back to top Go down

[D6, BP] Marsten &

Post by Benedict Marsten Tue Jun 02, 2015 4:20 am

He returns her kiss a bit more aggressively then appropriate for their current location. His fingers loosing all reserve.
Benedict Marsten
Benedict Marsten

Back to top Go down

[D6, BP] Marsten &

Post by Lady Corrine Marsten Tue Jun 02, 2015 4:28 am

"
I think we should make use of this private setting,"
she whispers with a wicked smile. "
I've been thinking about how to get you alone all day. Let us leap upon this moment while it is yet ours."
Lady Corrine Marsten
Lady Corrine Marsten

Back to top Go down

[D6, BP] Marsten &

Post by Benedict Marsten Tue Jun 02, 2015 4:35 am

Ben stands, placing himself between her legs. He gently cups her chin with his hand his other wrapping around her waist. He leans into her kissing her intensely.
Benedict Marsten
Benedict Marsten

Back to top Go down

[D6, BP] Marsten &

Post by Lady Corrine Marsten Tue Jun 02, 2015 4:43 am

[ooc: Then this strange fog appears and some time passes! Twisted Evil ]
Lady Corrine Marsten
Lady Corrine Marsten

Back to top Go down

[D6, BP] Marsten &

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down