Dragon's Dance
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

[Day 5 - MM] Tullison/Marsten breakfast (Closed)

+3
Benedict Marsten
Theomore Tullison
Dunstan Tullison
7 posters

Page 1 of 3 1, 2, 3  Next

Go down

[Day 5 - MM] Tullison/Marsten breakfast (Closed) Empty [Day 5 - MM] Tullison/Marsten breakfast (Closed)

Post by Dunstan Tullison Sat May 16, 2015 5:07 pm

Lord Dunstan was seated of the head of a table, dressed in his finest clothes, his dark blue tunic embroidered in the mountain of Tullison sigil . His signet ring with a blue gem shined as he sipped on wine, nervous to receive the Marsten delegation. The young Lord ordered only the best food the cooks could muster, roast capon garnished with saffron and salt stood next to several large shallots, and next to them were several stuffed aubergines. Dornish red, barely found at the market of Riverrun this morning, was the drink of choice.
The old banner the soldiers carried with them when traveling to the tourney was decorating the pavilion's walls now, shining as the washerwomen cleaned it the previous day.

It was nigh time for them to come and he did not want to disappoint members of such a prestigious House.

Last edited by 115 on Sat May 16, 2015 6:37 pm; edited 1 time in total

Dunstan Tullison

Back to top Go down

[Day 5 - MM] Tullison/Marsten breakfast (Closed) Empty Re: [Day 5 - MM] Tullison/Marsten breakfast (Closed)

Post by Theomore Tullison Sat May 16, 2015 5:40 pm

For once, Theomore was up and about before breakfast, this was much too important to pass up on. Intriguingly, Dunstan had decided to throw aside notions of love...well, about time he took to his lessons. But he was not ready to discuss the finer details without guidance.
Theomore Tullison
Theomore Tullison

Back to top Go down

[Day 5 - MM] Tullison/Marsten breakfast (Closed) Empty Re: [Day 5 - MM] Tullison/Marsten breakfast (Closed)

Post by Benedict Marsten Sat May 16, 2015 5:57 pm

Ben and Ellie arrive timely. Ben pulls a chair out for Ellie and then stands behind her chair awaiting the Marstens arrival. He nods to Ser Theomore and Dunstan. "
Good morning, gentlemen."

Ellie curtsies to the Tullisons before accepting her seat.
Benedict Marsten
Benedict Marsten

Back to top Go down

Post by Theomore Tullison Sat May 16, 2015 7:40 pm

[Day 5 - MM] Tullison/Marsten breakfast (Closed) Raff.png

Raff sits next to Ser Theomore, smirking and entertaining himself with the furious looks the lovely lady Yve gives him and her uncle...she didn't like him much, and was rather irritated with him being allowed to sit only one seat away from Lord Tullison. He also requires a sharp glance from ser to not begin attacking the food savagely, manners, Raff...manners. At the very least, he could leer at Yve's breasts through the corner of his eye until the Marstens arrive.
Theomore Tullison
Theomore Tullison

Back to top Go down

Post by Lady Corrine Marsten Sat May 16, 2015 8:26 pm

Corrine Marsten was the first to sweep into the room, curtseying to Dunstan, and giving Ben a warm smile as she was guided towards her seat. She was dressed in the olive green silk dress he had seen her in two days ago at the seamstress. The detail of freshwater pearls and gold thread around the neckline, and her peridot &
pearl jewellery caught the golden-hued morning light in subtle shimmers as she moved, and her dark hair was left loose in a cascade down her back, save for a small braid behind each ear.

"
My Lord. Sers,"
she greeted those present already. "
And good morning, Ellie."
Lady Corrine Marsten
Lady Corrine Marsten

Back to top Go down

Post by  Sun May 17, 2015 1:29 am

Edmund enters the pavilion just after Corrine. He smiles and bows to the host and moves with a slight flourish to unclasp both his cape from his shoulders and his fencing blade from his belt. He hands them both over to an attendant with a nod. He is clad in a long, black doublet with subtle threads of silver and gold woven in fine, intricate patterns.

He moves smoothly a few paces behind Corrine with his hands clasped behind his back, and after she greets their hosts, he pulls a chair out for her to sit in.

He again smiles courteously and bows to Lord Dunstan and the attendant ladies and knights. Some he recognizes from the tourney, others he doesn't.

Edmund speaks soflty, his hand resting on a chair next to Corrine, waiting to be formally invited to join them at the table. "
Lord Tullison, it is a pleasure to meet you in person. I am Edmund Lyras, a faithful banner-man of House Marsten. I am here to support Lady Corrine in this undertaking in whatever manner I can."

Back to top Go down

Post by Benedict Marsten Sun May 17, 2015 1:45 am

Ben has a hard time containing his enthusiasm at the dress she has chosen. His smile reveals his elation. He bows formally. "
My Lady."

Ellie on the other is not so disciplined. "
That's the dress-"
She cut her sentence short when Ben places his hand on her shoulder. Her face goes into a big grin. "
Good morning, my lady!"
She rises and curtsies.

Both formally address Edmund. Ellie eyeing him intriguingly.
Benedict Marsten
Benedict Marsten

Back to top Go down

Post by Dunstan Tullison Sun May 17, 2015 3:50 pm

Dunstan greeted Ben, Elie and Theo casually, with a relaxed smile and a head nod.

When Corrine came with Edmund he stood up and bowed, kissing the Lady's hand gallantly.

''My Lady Corrine, you look as beautiful as ever. It is an honor to have you as guest in this humble camp of ours. Please make yourself comfortable'' he said as he took out a chair for her, which happened to be next to ser Ben.

''Glad to have you as well Lord Edmund. Any friend of the Marsten family can count the Tullisons as friends too. Please, do sit down'' the young Lord said after a firm handshake.

Dunstan Tullison

Back to top Go down

Post by Lady Corrine Marsten Sun May 17, 2015 3:58 pm

"
I am honoured to be here, my lord,"
Corrine replied with a warm smile. "
I thank you for your hospitality."

She could not contain her grin when she took her seat next to Ben.

"
Lovely to see you again,"
she said, with a knowing look.
Lady Corrine Marsten
Lady Corrine Marsten

Back to top Go down

Post by Benedict Marsten Sun May 17, 2015 4:19 pm

"
And you are lovely to see again, my lady."
His grin is no less contained until Ellie deliberately coughs. Then he looks away to hide his slight embarrassment. Damn! This is going to be harder than I thought.
Benedict Marsten
Benedict Marsten

Back to top Go down

Post by Lady Corrine Marsten Sun May 17, 2015 4:22 pm

"
How are you both this morning?"
Corrine asks Ben &
Ellie. "
Looking forward to the day's festivities?"
Lady Corrine Marsten
Lady Corrine Marsten

Back to top Go down

Post by Benedict Marsten Sun May 17, 2015 4:36 pm

"
Well, My lady. Yes it will be an interesting day."
Ben tires to remain plain and polite with his speech.

"
Very well, now that my lady has graced us."
Ellie smiles the smile Ben can not, that same crooked playful one her brother often had. "
Ben will be riding against Lord Bracken. I will be there watching through my fingers."
She giggles. "
And you my Lady, how are you and are you planning to attend the events?"
Benedict Marsten
Benedict Marsten

Back to top Go down

Post by Lady Corrine Marsten Sun May 17, 2015 4:39 pm

"
I am very well, thank you, Ellie,"
Corrine replies cheerfully. "
I will be at the joust to cheer Ben on, of course. And I will be at the archery contest. You two should come. I hear there will be a mystery archer participating!"
Lady Corrine Marsten
Lady Corrine Marsten

Back to top Go down

Post by Theomore Tullison Sun May 17, 2015 4:45 pm

"
A mystery archer?"
Theomore seems somewhat curious at that statement, could it be? Too bad his other plans of the day would prevent him from possibly confirming his suspicions.
Theomore Tullison
Theomore Tullison

Back to top Go down

Post by Lady Corrine Marsten Sun May 17, 2015 4:52 pm

"
Yes. I don't know anything about them, but it should be fun to watch,"
Corrine replied with a congenial nod. "
Will you be taking part, Ser?"
Lady Corrine Marsten
Lady Corrine Marsten

Back to top Go down

Post by Benedict Marsten Sun May 17, 2015 4:54 pm

Ben does his best to halt the growing grin, failing. "
That does sound most interesting. I shall make sure I am there."

Ellie smiles with a bit of interest.What is it with theses two and arrows. "
If my lady is present than I shall try to make it"
Benedict Marsten
Benedict Marsten

Back to top Go down

Post by Theomore Tullison Sun May 17, 2015 4:58 pm

"
Only as a spectator, my lady, if time and duties allows."
Theomore shakes his head. "
I have always been a man for the joust."
Theomore Tullison
Theomore Tullison

Back to top Go down

Post by Lady Corrine Marsten Sun May 17, 2015 5:00 pm

"
Good. It will be nice to see you there."

She then spoke to Ben in a hushed tone;

"
Did you get time to speak to Dunstan? Will he come with us to see my mother?"
Lady Corrine Marsten
Lady Corrine Marsten

Back to top Go down

Post by Benedict Marsten Sun May 17, 2015 5:37 pm

As he watches Corrine speak, he tries to will his eyes to not focus on her soft lips. "
Yes and yes, my lady. He is a true romantic."
His tone less hushed as to not appear they are conspiring. Then lowering to a whisper speaks. "
I have managed to not spill the beans."
He inclines his head towards Ellie with a pleasant smile.

Ellie notices his nod in her direction and cuts her eyes at him.
Benedict Marsten
Benedict Marsten

Back to top Go down

Post by Lady Corrine Marsten Sun May 17, 2015 5:43 pm

Corrine lets out a little giggle at the look Ellie shoots at Ben.

"
I'm surprised! Not much longer. Just need to deal with mother. I am glad Dunstan agreed to come along. Hopefully his station will lend some weight to our cause."
Lady Corrine Marsten
Lady Corrine Marsten

Back to top Go down

Post by  Sun May 17, 2015 6:58 pm

Edmund sits and listens patiently to the small talk. He finds himself looking at the reactions to what is being said more than anything else. He stifles a sigh and escapes with a slightly raised brow when he hears Corrine get positively....giggly.

This should be a pleasant breakfast..., he thinks as he sips at his drink.

When Corrine speaks to Ben more quietly, he looks at Ser Theomore, "
Very good luck at the joust today, Ser."
he says with a courteous nod. "
Mine uncle, Ser Kevan, rides as well."

He pauses before adding, "
I must say, it has been quite the event thusfar."

Back to top Go down

Post by Gwyneth Drakeson Sun May 17, 2015 7:40 pm

Gwyneth finally shows up, not quite late, but given how the news of the day involves her, it's a little unlike her not to be there from the start. Her pace through the pavilion is a brisk walk, a little too fast to be casual, and while she's all smiles and warm looks, she doesn't hold anyone's gaze for long. Except Corrine's, who she makes a beeline for.

Once she's reached Corrine's side she leans over and says softly, "
Good morning, cousin...I've something I'd like to speak to you about before the, ah, festivities? It won't take long. Just outside the tent for a moment?"
Gwyneth Drakeson
Gwyneth Drakeson

Back to top Go down

Post by Lady Corrine Marsten Sun May 17, 2015 7:58 pm

"
Of course,"
Corrine replies, though the urgency about Gwyn troubles her somewhat. "
Lead on. Please excuse me,"
she says to the others as she rises and follows Gwyn.

"
What's on your mind?"
Corrine asked when they were outside the tent.
Lady Corrine Marsten
Lady Corrine Marsten

Back to top Go down

Post by Theomore Tullison Sun May 17, 2015 8:10 pm

That seems rather ominous, Theomore follows the two women with his eyes as they depart. He leans in to whisper to his nephew. "
If there are unpleasant surprises, the wise lord remains calm, allowing others in his retinue to utter words of frustration that does not strike so deep as that of the lord."

Better over-prepared than doubly sorry, the prince liked to say, and Theomore took these words to heart. Most likely, it was Marsten business that did not concern Tullison at all.
Theomore Tullison
Theomore Tullison

Back to top Go down

Post by Dunstan Tullison Sun May 17, 2015 8:19 pm

Dunstan expressed his utter confusion by lifting one eyebrow up.

Whatever.."
he stops talking for a bit"
... this... is, it confuses me"
. he said to Theo, trying to be as quiet as possible. The young Lord did not understand why Gwyn did not say hello upon entering, nor did he understand why she now left.

"
It appears the Ladies have some urgent matters of their own"
he told Edmund, and signaled Hendry to fill everyone's cups with their drink of choice, and than, to break the awkward silence he said, "
Aye, and your uncle did well, as I heard. Pardon my lack of information, but is your Lord father present at the tourney?"

Small talk hurts more than Ser Garibald's lance, he thought as he sipped from the goblet and chatted.

Dunstan Tullison

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 3 1, 2, 3  Next