Dragon's Dance
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

[D7, MM] Invitation to the Council (Closed-ish)

2 posters

Go down

[D7, MM] Invitation to the Council (Closed-ish) Empty [D7, MM] Invitation to the Council (Closed-ish)

Post by Lady Corrine Marsten Mon Jun 01, 2015 11:22 pm

[ooc: This is for Corrine to meet with Lord Kriegar, but Reader may allow others to join in if relevant]

Corrine presents herself to the Kriegar guardsmen, requesting an audience with Lord Kriegar.
Lady Corrine Marsten
Lady Corrine Marsten

Back to top Go down

[D7, MM] Invitation to the Council (Closed-ish) Empty Re: [D7, MM] Invitation to the Council (Closed-ish)

Post by Reader Wed Jun 03, 2015 5:23 pm

Lady Corrine is greeted with cold formality by even House Kriegar's guards.

"
Lady Corrine Marsten,"
yells one man in flat tones, slamming his halberd hard against the ground, perhaps in an attempt to intimidate the young woman.

Inside, Lord Kriegar sits at his table, eating a breakfast of bacon, bread and beans. Even seated the grim lord of House Kriegar is almost of a height with Lady Corrine.

Despite the frosty relations between Kriegar and Marsten, he retains the good manners to stand and bow, clapping for servants to bring refreshments and a seat for his guest.
Reader
Reader
Site Admin

Back to top Go down

[D7, MM] Invitation to the Council (Closed-ish) Empty Re: [D7, MM] Invitation to the Council (Closed-ish)

Post by Lady Corrine Marsten Wed Jun 03, 2015 10:23 pm

Corrine gratefully accepts the seat and a drink. She offers Lord Kriegar a polite smile and respectful nod.

"
My Lord, I apologise for disturbing your breakfast, but I bring you, I hope, welcome news. I have decided to officially take up my duty as head of House Marsten, and I firstly wished to inform you of this. Henceforth, your dealings will be with myself, rather than Lady Isobel. Secondly, I wish to form an advisory council, to advise and guide me through this transition, and beyond. I know my youth and inexperience all too well, so I require sound counsel to assist me in matters where my own expertise is lacking. I would be honoured, my lord, if you would agree to become a member of my council."

She paused, deciding that over-explaining would be unwise, instead waiting for his response with a restrained yet hopeful smile.

[url=Persuasion - Charm][/url]: 6d6k5 12
[url=Attractive rerolls][/url]: 2d6k2 7
Total after rerolls = 17
Lady Corrine Marsten
Lady Corrine Marsten

Back to top Go down

Post by Reader Thu Jun 04, 2015 9:53 pm

Lord Kriegar bows.

"
House Kriegar continues to support the Marstens, a House needs solid foundations and support."

"
My voice will ever be there for you, to help avoid any missteps. My sword and word, House Kriegar serves."

He seems satisfied with Corrine's words and the honour shown to him with a personal visit, albeit much and more needs done to mend relations.

"
May your humble bannerman be so bold as to ask who else will make up this council?"
Reader
Reader
Site Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Lady Corrine Marsten Thu Jun 04, 2015 10:12 pm

"
Nothing is yet set in stone, save that Lady Isobel and my betrothed, Ser Benedict Blackthorne will also be on the council, but I intend to gather together those I would also like to join later today. I intend to invite Ser Baelon Waters, Ser Kevan Lyras, Edmund Lyras, Lady Dyana, and Lady Gwyneth. I feel that, between you all, you provide a full spectrum of knowledge, expertise, and experience that I would value greatly. I also find a neatness in having seven advisors, both in the religious significance, and that it would mean no draws in a vote."

[url=Convince Lord Kriegar that those are good choices][/url]: 5d6k5 18
Lady Corrine Marsten
Lady Corrine Marsten

Back to top Go down

Post by Reader Thu Jun 04, 2015 10:21 pm

"
A sensible theory, to cover a wide range of talents while remaining manageable."

"
Seven is a holy number, and does indeed prevent ties. My lady is wise."

"
Your servant has but one further question - why two men of House Lyras? Are they twice as worth as House Kriegar, when we have shed twice the blood and more that Lyras men have given."

He looks down at Corrine - perhaps not deliberately trying to intimidate her, but his imposing height makes his gaze unsettling.
Reader
Reader
Site Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Lady Corrine Marsten Fri Jun 05, 2015 12:08 am

"
Of course not, my lord,"
Corrine reassures. "
It is purely a coincidence that they each offer valuable talents that I wish to utilise. I certainly do not mean any slight to yourself. If anything, I feel you are worth twice what most men are, in your bravery and dedication. It takes two Lyras men to match up to one Kriegar,"
she says, confidentially, as though sharing a secret, her friendly smile aiming to charm him.

"
Yourself and my mother would, of course, be the most senior and valued among my advisors, so you need not worry about Kevan &
Edmund creating undue influence."

[ooc: Are we entering an Intrigue? Or shall I just roll Charm or Convince?]
Lady Corrine Marsten
Lady Corrine Marsten

Back to top Go down

Post by Reader Tue Jun 09, 2015 8:19 pm

[OOC: he's slighted by the two Lyras attendees and will quit a complex intrigue, but simple intrigue at his intrigue defence of TN 11. 2 DoS (TN 16) will temporarily calm him]

Lord Kriegar looks dubious at the idea of such a heavy Lyras weighting, but perhaps Lady Corrine's honeyed words can at least stay his wrath...
Reader
Reader
Site Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Lady Corrine Marsten Tue Jun 09, 2015 10:27 pm

Corrine notes Lord Kriegar's dubious look, and knows she must mollify him swiftly, somehow.

"
I appreciate that you would prefer a more equal distribution, my lord. I will endeavour to redress the balance where I can. There are likely to be other important positions to be filled, and once those are identified, you will be the first person I will look to for nominations. I would also emphasise that none of the appointments I have mentioned are official yet. Some may not wish to take the offer, in which case, there would be room to make alterations."

[url=Persuasion - Charm][/url]: 6d6k5 22
[url=Attractive reroll][/url]: 1d6 4
+1 for Amiable disposition towards Lord Kriegar.
Total = 25
Lady Corrine Marsten
Lady Corrine Marsten

Back to top Go down

Post by Reader Thu Jun 11, 2015 9:24 pm

Corrine's words seemed to placate Lord Kriegar, even if he was not entirely satisfied.

"
My lady has her father's wisdom and her mother's beauty."

House Kriegar's tall Lord bowed deeply.

"
I am my Lady's devoted servant, and will endeavour to recommend men who will provide similar leal service."
Reader
Reader
Site Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Lady Corrine Marsten Thu Jun 11, 2015 9:38 pm

"
Thank you very much, my lord. It is always a pleasure to converse with such an honourable and just man. I have high hopes for our future prosperity. If I may, I'd like to ask whom you would put forward for the council, should a vacancy be available? I would like to assess all my options as fully as possible before making a final decision."
Lady Corrine Marsten
Lady Corrine Marsten

Back to top Go down

Post by Reader Thu Jun 11, 2015 10:11 pm

"
I am for a smaller group and decisive decisions, lest competing interests lead to stalemate or horse-trading. I have no son to sit alongside me in council and learn how to lead."

He shakes his head.

"
Failing a focused group, Septa Heloise is a holy woman but not as sheltered as many Septas."

"
She would be an asset to such an endeavour - House Marsten has long been close to the Seven."
Reader
Reader
Site Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Lady Corrine Marsten Thu Jun 11, 2015 10:24 pm

"
That is a wise thought, my lord. I shall consider it carefully. I will also consider your suggestion of a smaller council, as that also has merit. If I may, I shall take these considerations with me, and I will call my would-be council together on the morrow to discuss details, if that would be suitable?"
Lady Corrine Marsten
Lady Corrine Marsten

Back to top Go down

Post by Reader Thu Jun 11, 2015 10:32 pm

"
Of course my Lady, I shall arrive haste post haste at your summons."
Reader
Reader
Site Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Lady Corrine Marsten Thu Jun 11, 2015 10:43 pm

"
Thank you, my lord,"
Corrine replies, bowing her head respectfully. "
I shall take my leave, for now. But I look forward to our meeting tomorrow. I do hope you enjoy the rest of your day."

She stands and curtsies, before leaving with an amiable smile, in a sweep of blue fabric.
Lady Corrine Marsten
Lady Corrine Marsten

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down