Dragon's Dance
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

[D8, LA] Tending Wounds (Closed)

4 posters

Page 2 of 3 Previous  1, 2, 3  Next

Go down

[D8, LA] Tending Wounds (Closed) - Page 2 Empty Re: [D8, LA] Tending Wounds (Closed)

Post by Gwyneth Drakeson Mon Jul 20, 2015 4:06 pm

Gwyn nodded back at Dyana, returning the gesture and agreeing with Corrine's sentiment at the same time. Then her mind switched to an important point to consider. Damage control.

"
In the meantime, I suggest we take great care to make sure Isobel never finds out who this Mystery Knight is,"
she says quietly. "
I don't know if she's the sort to be vindictive over an accident, but...why take the chance?"

She took a deep breath. "
I'd as soon she never found out that Jon's heart was elsewhere too."

"
Ugh...I'm sorry. This isn't the time or place. I'm being terrible."

Gwyn planted a kiss on Dyana's forehead, just like the older sister did sometimes when Gwyn had been a little girl and feeling bad.

"
Anything you need or want from us, you have but to ask."
Gwyneth Drakeson
Gwyneth Drakeson

Back to top Go down

[D8, LA] Tending Wounds (Closed) - Page 2 Empty Re: [D8, LA] Tending Wounds (Closed)

Post by Dyana Marsten Tue Jul 21, 2015 6:14 pm

Dyana listens to her family, then nods carefully, drawing the back of her hand across her nostrils with a snort of sorts. "
I had half a mind to reveal my identity after the tourney was over, but... I don't think that's such a good idea anymore, no."
Her red eyes look up at Gwyn after being kissed, and she manages a warmer, if still feeble smile at her sister.

She gives Corrine, and then Gwyn a quick, tight hug each, then stands up with some difficulty and rises to her full height. Dusting off her clothes, she recomposes herself, and except for her eyes it's as if none of this has happened.

And the vandalized fire pit, of course.

"
I should probably get some rest. I'm hurting everywhere."
Even now, her voice has an undertone to it, something that says her gratitude is so plain that she doesn't really need to say thanks anymore - even if it isn't really all that plain, in reality. Maybe Dyana just wasn't all that used to thanking others for emotional support. That must be it. "
You two needing anything of me?"
She asks with a smile.

Dyana Marsten

Back to top Go down

Post by Lady Corrine Marsten Wed Jul 22, 2015 6:21 am

"
The only thing I would have of you is thst you take care of yourself, and don't forget we are here if you want us for anything,"
Corrine replies, in her kind, gentle tone. "
Go get some rest. You need it."
Lady Corrine Marsten
Lady Corrine Marsten

Back to top Go down

Post by Gwyneth Drakeson Wed Jul 22, 2015 3:01 pm

"
All I need from you is for you to be all right,"
Gwyneth said to Dyana with a smile. "
Take whatever time you need."
Gwyneth Drakeson
Gwyneth Drakeson

Back to top Go down

Post by Dyana Marsten Wed Jul 22, 2015 3:18 pm

Dyana nods at her cousin and sister and begins to excuse herself, pausing only momentarily to frown at the fire she'd kicked into shambles.

It must be hard, having no family to support you, she muses, and looks back at the girls - the women - that smile as she leaves. Hard.

[OOC: Aaaand /scene from my end.]

Dyana Marsten

Back to top Go down

Post by Lady Corrine Marsten Wed Jul 22, 2015 3:29 pm

Corrine waves Dyana off with a tight but encouraging smile.

Once Dyana has left earshot, Corrine looks to Gwyneth with a sad, helpless expression, though unsure what to say.
Lady Corrine Marsten
Lady Corrine Marsten

Back to top Go down

Post by Gwyneth Drakeson Wed Jul 22, 2015 3:45 pm

Gwyneth shakes her head slowly, then catches Corrine's look and shrugs with a sad smile.

"
She's far too softhearted for these melees and jousts. She's fine against howling barbarians but...it was only a matter of time before something like this happened, and she took it hard. Worse still that it was someone she knew, and had respect for. These things...warriors swinging away at each other with swords and axes, for sport. And then people have the nerve to be shocked when someone's hurt, or dies."

"
Ugh. I need some air."
Gwyneth Drakeson
Gwyneth Drakeson

Back to top Go down

Post by Lady Corrine Marsten Wed Jul 22, 2015 4:20 pm

"
Makes it all feel mindless, doesn't it,"
Corrine sighs. "
Mind if I join you in that air?"
Lady Corrine Marsten
Lady Corrine Marsten

Back to top Go down

Post by Daveth Coldbrook Thu Jul 23, 2015 8:41 pm

(OOC: I am joining the thread with the permission of those within it.)

The two cousins leave together, surprising Daveth, who was just coming up on the entrance himself. He clearly has a blank look for a moment before his brain catches up. "
Lady Corrine, Lady Gwyneth. A pleasure. I was, ah"
his tongue nips out and wets his lips unconsciously "
looking for Lady Dyana. I was told she was speaking with you over here. Is she within?"
Daveth Coldbrook
Daveth Coldbrook

Back to top Go down

Post by Lady Corrine Marsten Thu Jul 23, 2015 8:49 pm

"
Hello, Daveth,"
Corrine replies, with a small curtsey. "
She is within, though I believe she was planning on resting. She has only just left us though, so you may yet catch her."
Lady Corrine Marsten
Lady Corrine Marsten

Back to top Go down

Post by Daveth Coldbrook Thu Jul 23, 2015 9:49 pm

"
I see. Thank you. I should-"
he interrupts his words, and his motion towards where Lady Corrine gestured both, hesitating. "
How was she? Was she upset? Er, very upset? Did she seem to you, I mean?"

You are as subtle as you are smooth.
Daveth Coldbrook
Daveth Coldbrook

Back to top Go down

Post by Lady Corrine Marsten Thu Jul 23, 2015 10:38 pm

Does he know...?

"
She is... quite weary. She has had a difficult day,"
Corrine replies tactfully.
Lady Corrine Marsten
Lady Corrine Marsten

Back to top Go down

Post by Daveth Coldbrook Fri Jul 24, 2015 1:22 pm

Weary? What does that even mean? Damnit, if I just push past having been told that, that makes me seem uncaring and selfish. Hmmm...

"
Only weary? Well, that's good, I suppose. I was speaking with her earlier, during the melee, and I felt I'd thoughtlessly said something rather hurtful that could have rather upset her."
as he says that, he carefully watches the two women's reactions - if they know, they'd instantly recognise the lie.

[url=Do the Marsten girls know?][/url]: 3d6 7

However, he can only notice their most obvious reactions. "
So,"
he continues "
I thought I should come by to apologise to her."

Great move. If they *don't* know, you've now almost certainly antagonised them both. You really should have come up with a *plan* before rushing over here.
Daveth Coldbrook
Daveth Coldbrook

Back to top Go down

Post by Lady Corrine Marsten Fri Jul 24, 2015 1:47 pm

Corrine's eyebrow raises questioningly, then she realises the truth beneath his awkward words, and steps closer to Daveth, speaking in a lowered voice;

"
Daveth, we know where she really was during the melée. Forgive me, I did not know you also knew. She's taken a battering, and she is, of course, upset by what happened. I can take you to her if you wish, but I must insist that be patient and gentle with her, and leave when she asks."
Lady Corrine Marsten
Lady Corrine Marsten

Back to top Go down

Post by Gwyneth Drakeson Fri Jul 24, 2015 7:11 pm

"
Furthermore,"
Gwyn said with mischief in her eyes, "
If she was upset with you, you would know it. That might not already be something you need to worry about, but it will be handy for you in the near future."
Gwyneth Drakeson
Gwyneth Drakeson

Back to top Go down

Post by Daveth Coldbrook Fri Jul 24, 2015 11:12 pm

Daveth closes his eyes and sighs slightly in relief at Lady Corrine's words. Replying in a similarly quiet voice, he says "
Thank you. I too was not sure if you knew. If she's had you two supporting her already, I'm not sure if I could do any good. As far as I knew, I could have been the only one. But if you think I could do some good at this time, I'd like to try.

"
Do you feel it worthwhile for the thoughtless comment I mentioned to enter the Marsten rumour circles? I'm sure you can see why 'Lady Dyana is upset over something her sui-"
he interrupts himself with a thought and a quizzical look at Lady Corrine "
a suitor? her suitor?"
before shrugging slightly and continuing "
something they said' is preferable to 'Lady Dyana is upset. I wonder why?'."
a slight frown towards Lady Gwyneth. "
I hope this offer isn't going to require a black eye to sell it properly."
from his tone, his last comment isn't actually a jest.
Daveth Coldbrook
Daveth Coldbrook

Back to top Go down

Post by Gwyneth Drakeson Sat Jul 25, 2015 2:36 am

Gwyn grins, but shakes her head. "
It speaks well of you that you're concerned, but it's very likely no one else will ever know that she's suffering. Dyana is very good at keeping such things to herself."
Gwyneth Drakeson
Gwyneth Drakeson

Back to top Go down

Post by Lady Corrine Marsten Sat Jul 25, 2015 9:29 am

"
I don't think there is any need to construct a lie. Her feelings, and her reasons, are her own. Besides that, I have a personal interest in people not thinking ill of you, especially not unfoundedly,"
she smiles knowingly.

"
I am not sure if she will want more visitors. She may just need to rest. But we can go and ask. If she says no, then give her some space and try again tomorrow."
Lady Corrine Marsten
Lady Corrine Marsten

Back to top Go down

Post by Daveth Coldbrook Sat Jul 25, 2015 3:50 pm

Daveth considers Lady Corrine's words and nods, though there's a flicker of a concerned frown towards Lady Gwyneth at hers. "
Fair enough. I have no desire to be an intrusion. Let us ask then, before she is abed and the answer foregone."
Daveth Coldbrook
Daveth Coldbrook

Back to top Go down

Post by Lady Corrine Marsten Sat Jul 25, 2015 4:25 pm

"
Very well. Follow me,"
Corrine nods, and leads him to Dyana's tent. She pokes her head in through the flap and calls quietly;

"
Dyana? Sorry to disturb you again, but Daveth has come by, and was wondering if you were up to a visit. Shall I let him in, or tell him to come back tomorrow?"
Lady Corrine Marsten
Lady Corrine Marsten

Back to top Go down

Post by Dyana Marsten Wed Jul 29, 2015 8:57 pm

Dyana seemed to have been trying to ease herself into the mattress. Her face is stoic, restrained surprise at Corrine's words.

"
Daveth?"
She blinks. "
If... if he's brief. I am exhausted beyond belief."
There is a single nod.

Dyana Marsten

Back to top Go down

Post by Lady Corrine Marsten Wed Jul 29, 2015 9:30 pm

Corrine looks to Daveth;

"
You may see her, but keep it brief. She's exhausted."

With that, she leaves the pair alone.
Lady Corrine Marsten
Lady Corrine Marsten

Back to top Go down

Post by Daveth Coldbrook Wed Jul 29, 2015 11:09 pm

"
Thank you."
Daveth says to Lady Corrine and her cousin, before entering the tent.

He does not enter far, and he seems to be trying to avoid looking directly at Dyana once he realises she's already in her nightclothes, though his eyes are doing their best to rebel against this restriction. "
Dyana,"
he simply gives a small nod, concern overcoming his habitual adherence to proper etiquette, and he speaks quietly so that they would not be overheard by those outside the tent. "
Erm. I actually came with a dual purpose. I wasn't sure who else knew, so I thought you might want to talk with someone. But now I know that your family have already done their best there. I also thought to provide a publicly-disseminatable reason why you might be upset, thinking that perhaps I could have been careless in my words in an earlier conversation. But now I hear that likely none not of your kin are even aware of your upset.

"
So, with both my purposes unneeded, I thought simply to ask if there *were* anything I could do to help you at this time? Beyond simply leaving you to rest."

(OOC: I'm assuming Dyana *is* in her nightclothes, since you said she was just getting into bed.)
Daveth Coldbrook
Daveth Coldbrook

Back to top Go down

Post by Dyana Marsten Thu Jul 30, 2015 8:54 pm

[OOC: Dyana isn't in her nightclothes, exactly, but I like the idea. Let's say, she has quite some bandages, and not a lot clothes. Nothing scandalous bare, but certainly a taunting amount of skin.]

Dyana pulls her sheets around herself some more, and looks tiredly at the Coldbrook. "
I'm not upset, Daveth. I... how did you find out what Corrine and Gwyn know?"
She squints a bit, but then sighs. "
You three are the only ones that I have told. But it seems Ser Baelon knew as well. Perhaps for the best."
She shrugs.

"
Well."
Dyana yawns, then gives off a pained grimace for a moment. "
I don't... think there is much I need done right now. Are you well?"

Dyana Marsten

Back to top Go down

Post by Daveth Coldbrook Sun Aug 02, 2015 8:51 pm

Daveth manages to keep his eyebrows from raising at her claim. Just. You're not upset? That's ... surprising, if true.

[url=What are you feeling, Dyana?][/url]: 3d6 7

Unfortunately, he couldn't get a read past her tiredness to see the truth of the matter. "
I told them we spoke while the melee was going on, and I thought I might have upset you, so was here to apologise. If you'd made vague excuses for your absence and returned inexplicably upset, I thought it would seem pretty plausible. If they knew the truth, they'd immediately know it was a lie."
he shrugs. "
They knew. And fortunately, assumed the best of me rather than the worst.

He takes a deep breath. "
And yes, I am well. There has been a development I wanted to share with you, face to face. These were not the circumstances I sought to do so, but these are the circumstances we have, so."
he swallows, then looks Dyana straight in the eyes. "
I did it. I am now the Coldbrook heir. With no dissenting voices, and, I would say, with my father's approval, rather than begrudging acceptance of the inevitable, as I had feared. I did it!"
While he doesn't raise his voice, he can't quite hide his still semi-disbelieving wonder at his own words.
Daveth Coldbrook
Daveth Coldbrook

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 3 Previous  1, 2, 3  Next