Dragon's Dance
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Logistics & Timeslots (updated - Story 2 started Oct 17th)

+10
Kevan Lyras
Lady Corrine Marsten
Daveth Coldbrook
Dunstan Tullison
Yoren longshore
Jon Cobb
Baelon Drakeson
Theomore Tullison
Nathaniel Mason
Reader
14 posters

Page 2 of 3 Previous  1, 2, 3  Next

Go down

Logistics &
Timeslots (updated - Story 2 started Oct 17th) - Page 2 Empty Re: Logistics & Timeslots (updated with April 4th soft open)

Post by Daveth Coldbrook Thu Jul 09, 2015 6:21 pm

To the best of my knowledge (and I have no special knowledge on the subject), Reader's suffering from an attack of Life (fatality rate: 100% ... eventually), of the 'just when I thought I was out, they pulled me back in' variety.

However, they did respond to a PM I sent a couple of days ago, and I infer from the answers given that the intention is definitely for the game to continue, life permitting. It's just a question of holding on until they break free, and hoping not too many players drift away in the meantime.
Daveth Coldbrook
Daveth Coldbrook

Back to top Go down

Logistics &
Timeslots (updated - Story 2 started Oct 17th) - Page 2 Empty Re: Logistics & Timeslots (updated with April 4th soft open)

Post by Reader Thu Jul 16, 2015 10:19 am

Many apologies all. As this week's flurry of activity has hopefully made clear, regular service has been resumed.

Massive thanks to the players for sticking with it and for sharing the load on melee management.
Reader
Reader
Site Admin

Back to top Go down

Logistics &

Post by Lady Corrine Marsten Thu Jul 16, 2015 6:25 pm

Reader wrote:Many apologies all. As this week's flurry of activity has hopefully made clear, regular service has been resumed.

Massive thanks to the players for sticking with it and for sharing the load on melee management.

Welcome back! Seeing so many updates and new threads is making me feel warm &
fuzzy. Smile
Lady Corrine Marsten
Lady Corrine Marsten

Back to top Go down

Logistics &

Post by Kevan Lyras Sun Jul 19, 2015 8:55 pm

Reader, you hinted that the Tourney will probably be extended shlightly, so will there be a full day 9 or is Story 1 over after the morning slots? We have planned a post for a D9 afternoon slot, just asking, wether we have to move that or not?

Kevan Lyras

Back to top Go down

Logistics &

Post by Reader Sun Jul 19, 2015 9:06 pm

Kevan Lyras wrote:Reader, you hinted that the Tourney will probably be extended shlightly, so will there be a full day 9 or is Story 1 over after the morning slots? We have planned a post for a D9 afternoon slot, just asking, wether we have to move that or not?

Wrap-up and characters saying goodbye (albeit some of you aren't actually leaving Riverrun, as you will be attending a double wedding!).

Essentially - don't expect much NPC stuff on D9 (bar the official event), but very free (encouraged?) to chat with each other and scheme. I'll use that time to get settled

Plus there's Ser Benjen's "
Trial by Combat"
epilogue to come and a watching the trial/reaction thread.

Hopefully start D9 in a few days, as most of D7/D8 will be wrapping up (bar the melee, but we're almost down to our final 5 there, just need to finish group 4).

After all the above we'll have:

- Open RP on Corrine/Ben &
Baelon/Gwyn weddings.
- Offseason activities (individual goals - want to spend a few months fighting Lyseni pirates, touring the tourney circuity or travelling to Essos? Now's your chance!)
- Offseason house event (I've got something drawn up for each house, but will admit not sure as to whether to have mountain clan campaign as a very brief "
story 1.5"
and give Marsten a separate event)
- Story 2 (easily guessed by those who participated in BITW given my plans for the second scenario there, if I'd taken over!)
Reader
Reader
Site Admin

Back to top Go down

Logistics &

Post by Reader Tue Jul 21, 2015 9:37 pm

D9 starts tomorrow (feel free to post threads!), only official event up during the day or Thursday.

Deadline for mandatory events is Friday night, then I start rolling for players.
Reader
Reader
Site Admin

Back to top Go down

Logistics &

Post by Yoren longshore Tue Jul 28, 2015 4:00 pm

How long IC will it be until the next story starts?

Yoren longshore

Back to top Go down

Logistics &

Post by Lady Corrine Marsten Tue Jul 28, 2015 4:02 pm

Yoren longshore wrote:How long IC will it be until the next story starts?

The time period between this story's end and thd start of the next will be 9-10 months.
Lady Corrine Marsten
Lady Corrine Marsten

Back to top Go down

Logistics &

Post by Yoren longshore Tue Jul 28, 2015 4:11 pm

Good grief! That's a lot of character development. I like it Smile

Yoren longshore

Back to top Go down

Logistics &

Post by Reader Tue Jul 28, 2015 4:12 pm

Indeed! In between:

Personal offseason activity
House event

Then we all meet up again! Your characters will be busy between stories.
Reader
Reader
Site Admin

Back to top Go down

Logistics &

Post by Lady Corrine Marsten Tue Jul 28, 2015 4:13 pm

Yoren longshore wrote:Good grief! That's a lot of character development. I like it Smile

It's 3 house fortune rolls, and 1-2 events per house.

Corrine will be doing some literal character development, in that she'll be producing a very low level NC. Laughing
Lady Corrine Marsten
Lady Corrine Marsten

Back to top Go down

Logistics &

Post by Loreia Tue Jul 28, 2015 4:52 pm

I imagine I'll cut out a third of that time chasing candidate specimens to stud north of the Wall.
Loreia
Loreia

Back to top Go down

Logistics &

Post by Reader Tue Jul 28, 2015 4:56 pm

Loreia Merrgal wrote:I imagine I'll cut out a third of that time chasing candidate specimens to stud north of the Wall.

Men or horses? Fellow PCs, place your bets.

Time period hopefully gives enough time for all of you to get up to reasonable high-jinks and expand story without everyone being apart for too long.
Reader
Reader
Site Admin

Back to top Go down

Logistics &

Post by Yoren longshore Tue Jul 28, 2015 5:01 pm

Loreia Merrgal wrote:I imagine I'll cut out a third of that time chasing candidate specimens to stud north of the Wall.

I've calculated a little less than 90 days of travel, but a little will be added for the actual "
hunt"
so a third seems about right :;
): plus, depending on whether the rumours are true or not, we might see unicorns!

Yoren longshore

Back to top Go down

Logistics &

Post by Loreia Tue Jul 28, 2015 6:53 pm

Reader wrote:Men or horses? Fellow PCs, place your bets.
Oh, ha ha.
Loreia
Loreia

Back to top Go down

Logistics &

Post by Reader Sun Aug 02, 2015 7:41 pm

Right, looks like things are wrapping up from our first story. Thanks for sticking with things after my grandmother's fall interrupted the game everyone and for your kind wishes.

- Most NC scenes are wrapped up or wrapping up.
- New/returning players are permitted a quick narrator character scene if they'd like one to help bring them in to the fold. Smile
- But mainly this week I'd like people to get working on their offseason activities.
- I'm off the week beginning the 10th of August and would love to get through these during that period, so hopefully we can put together a framework for this this week (beginning the 3rd of August).

Now that lots of the IC stuff is out of the way I can knock up an example of the kind of thing I'm after, but this thread (and the format of the official events) should give you some ideas: viewtopic.php?f=75&
t=127&
start=10

Think of what you'd like to do IC and what abilities you'd like to develop, then we'll put some mechanics around it.

As will as the standard event framework, there's room for combat here - I'm off work and can rapidly resolve combats or a key intrigue.
Reader
Reader
Site Admin

Back to top Go down

Logistics &

Post by Reader Sat Aug 08, 2015 2:36 pm

First post updated with timeline.
Reader
Reader
Site Admin

Back to top Go down

Logistics &

Post by Reader Sat Aug 08, 2015 10:31 pm

Full destiny refresh at the end of Story 1 (the tourney).

1 Destiny refreshes at the start of Story 2.
Reader
Reader
Site Admin

Back to top Go down

Logistics &

Post by Benedict Marsten Tue Aug 11, 2015 5:33 pm

Just need a bit of clarification. Your new timeline encompasses approximately 12 months. Yet we are only rolling 3 House fortune rolls. Are we hand waving the fourth since the story will be taking place during?

If so which 3 month period does not contain a roll? Just working on timing for some stuff and got confused.
Benedict Marsten
Benedict Marsten

Back to top Go down

Logistics &

Post by Baelon Drakeson Tue Aug 11, 2015 5:53 pm

I take that the year is being split into four parts and each part is being resolved before moving on to the next:
1- three months of HF and house actions;
personal stories
2- three months of HF and house actions;
against the clans
3- three months of HF and house actions;
house events
4- three months of HF and house actions;
arc 2
Baelon Drakeson
Baelon Drakeson

Back to top Go down

Logistics &

Post by Benedict Marsten Tue Aug 11, 2015 6:02 pm

Thats how I broke it down. The question is will the fourth roll and action take place during the story or not happen since we are in story. Either is fine with me was just curious.
Benedict Marsten
Benedict Marsten

Back to top Go down

Logistics &

Post by Baelon Drakeson Tue Aug 11, 2015 6:43 pm

Sorry, I meant that the three we rolled were all for part 1, and we will have three more for part two, etc.
Baelon Drakeson
Baelon Drakeson

Back to top Go down

Logistics &

Post by Reader Wed Aug 12, 2015 12:43 am

Benedict Marsten wrote:Thats how I broke it down. The question is will the fourth roll and action take place during the story or not happen since we are in story. Either is fine with me was just curious.

4th set of rolls will take place before Arc 2's IC story - gives some projects a chance to actually finish and to reap the benefits IC. Smile
Reader
Reader
Site Admin

Back to top Go down

Logistics &

Post by Benedict Marsten Wed Aug 12, 2015 1:16 am

Sweet. Thanks!
Benedict Marsten
Benedict Marsten

Back to top Go down

Logistics &

Post by Reader Mon Aug 31, 2015 10:00 pm

Anyone who hasn't made the rolls for house fortunes in months 4-6 has my blessing to proceed. Smile
Reader
Reader
Site Admin

Back to top Go down

Logistics &
Timeslots (updated - Story 2 started Oct 17th) - Page 2 Empty Re: Logistics & Timeslots (updated - Story 2 started Oct 17th)

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 3 Previous  1, 2, 3  Next