Dragon's Dance
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The Lion and the Groose [D8 MM]

2 posters

Go down

The Lion and the Groose [D8 MM] Empty The Lion and the Groose [D8 MM]

Post by Septon Arlyn Sat Jul 25, 2015 1:21 am

Septon Arlyn's plams where sweating profusely as he picked his way through the large tents that where littered around the green. The smell of shit and piss from an open latrine pit caused the Septon to nearly gag as he stepped gingerly around piles of road apples left by horses. That smell must mean that there is some bad humors in the air Thinks the Septon to himself, I wonder if an crotchy old maesters have done some research on Ill effects of having waste so close to civilization. The Septon steps gingerly over a guardsman who was passed out with his legs somewhat blocking the zigzag path to where the Septon was going. If I can be so generous as to call this civilization. Finally he sees what it is he has been looking for. A large lion rampant, looking more like it was taking a nap in slow morning breeze that did little to stir its slumber.Right then here I go

Approaching the Encampment the Septon Sees a bleary eyed guard blink slowly at his approaching figure. The Septon had dressed well this day, wanting to impress the Lord with his cleanliness. His Small simple crystal attached around the leather thong around his neck brought a welcome weight. He was glad that his red robe matched the striped cloth on the pavilion, knowing that when dealing with large dangerous animal, sometimes it was better to fit into the background like a fawn in the woods.

But today Septon Arlyn was not here to glide through the conversation and not leave an impression. Today he was here to ask for help. Honking of birds are not going to threaten a mighty Lion, and Septon Arlyn was counting on that this day.

"
State your name and business."
The guardsmen states with a heavy sigh, leaning against his halberd lazily.

"
My name is Septon Arlyn and I'm here to see Lord Lannister” replies the Septon Arlyn

“Do you have an appointment?” asks the guard in the same lazy mannor
Septon pauses, thinking. “Well I do not have an appointment, But I was hoping that he might make time for a representative of House Dulver, I would like to talk to him about a project that I would like to build to help support one of his bannermen."

(OOC [url=convince the guard to talk to lord lannister][/url]: 5d6 21 if needed)
Septon Arlyn
Septon Arlyn

Back to top Go down

The Lion and the Groose [D8 MM] Empty Re: The Lion and the Groose [D8 MM]

Post by Reader Sat Jul 25, 2015 11:15 am

Once more, Septon Arlyn's words wins him an audience his rank does not quite merit, Westeros's nobles keen to shore up support with the influential servants of the faith in these troubled times.

Inside sits Lord Jason Lannister, still the stereotypical image of his family with long golden hair. However, his previously clean shaven face now carried a day's worth of fair stubble - last night's events had left little time for shaving. If rumours were true, he and his younger twin Ser Tyland had both vied for the Princess Rhaenyra's affections and been rebuffed. Lions are proud beasts, and this rejection had driven the Lannisters into the arms of the Greens.

Lord Lannister bows from his desk and waits for his guest to speak.
Reader
Reader
Site Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Septon Arlyn Sat Jul 25, 2015 11:36 am

"
Good morning My lord"
Says the Septon with a very generous bow. "
My name is Septon Arlyn of House Dulver. My Lord Dulver is your bannerman. You do me a great honor by allowing me to speak with you this day."
Taking a deep breath Arlyn begins to explain his vision and dream similarly to how he explained it to Lord Mallister. "
My Lord your bannerman has been quite generous in this project ambitious for the faith. However in order to make this a sustainable venture we need for it to have many different facets."
Septon Arlyn goes on to explain in broad strokes some of the things that he wants to accomplish with this building to make it sustainable, gardens, granaries, just enough land to feed all the children and auxiliary staff that would be required to run this complex. "
So what I am asking for is your help in making this noble cause succeed. Also think about how it could help with law and order to have a safe place for these poor individuals to go, rather then living off of bread crumbs or turning to thievery and banditry to survive. My Lord, If you help us with this orphanage you could send your own lost children to us, reducing the risk of them growing up to be detrimental to society."

[url=Convince Lord Lannister to support his bannerman Dulver and donate to the orphanage][/url]: 5d6 14
Septon Arlyn
Septon Arlyn

Back to top Go down

Post by Septon Arlyn Sat Jul 25, 2015 1:48 pm

[url=Status initiative roll][/url]: 3d6 13

Technique convince (will = 4)

ID 8

composure 12

# 9 rolls
[url=Convince the lannisters to support the orphanage][/url]: 9#5d6 23 18 12 24 20 16 14 8 15
Septon Arlyn
Septon Arlyn

Back to top Go down

Post by Septon Arlyn Wed Jul 29, 2015 12:38 am

OOC, If you get the rolls and the stats going I can calculate the results, similarly set up to how Ser Kevin did it
Septon Arlyn
Septon Arlyn

Back to top Go down

Post by Reader Wed Jul 29, 2015 1:48 pm

Jason Lannister

ID: 14
Disposition: indifferent, 4
Composure: 9
[url=Initiative][/url]: 7d6+2 40
[url=Read target][/url]: 5d6k4 17
[url=Read target][/url]: 9#7d6k5 21 24 25 18 26 16 23 23 23
Persuade (Convince) so 3 Damage per DoS.
Reader
Reader
Site Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Septon Arlyn Wed Jul 29, 2015 5:36 pm

Jason Lanister: DR 4 indifferent
Septon Arlyn: DR 5 dislike

Round 1
Jason Lanister: Read target: 5d6k4 17
Septon Arlyn: Convince : 14 / 1 DOS / 0/ Jason Composure 9

Round 2
Jason Lanister : Convince 21/ 3 DOS/ 9 influence/ -5 DR / Septon Arlyn composure 11
Septon Arlyn: Convince 23 / 2 DOS/ 8 influence/ - 4 DR/ Jason Lanister 5 composure
IF DP can be spent
[url=DP spent for bonus Die Vs Jason Lanister][/url]: 1d6 6
Septon Arlyn: Convince : (23) 27 / 3 DOS / 12 influence/ -4/ Jason Composure 1

Round 3
Jason Lanister : Convince 24 / 4 DOS/12 influence/ -5 DR /Septon Arlyn Composure 6
Septon Arlyn : Convince 18/ 1 DOS/ 4 influence/ -4 DR/ Jason Lanister Composure 1

Septon Arlyn : charm (18) 19 / 2 DOS / 10 influence/ -4 DR/ Jason takes 2 frustrations/ Jason Lannister Composure 1

[url=Charm bonus Die vs Jason Lannister][/url]: 1d6 2

Round 4
Jason Lanister : Convince 25 (18)/ 3 DOS/ 9 influence/ - 5 DR / Septon Arlyn Composure 2
Septon Arlyn : convince (12) (-1d) 11/ 0 DOS/ 0 influence/ 0 DR / Jason Lanister composure 1

Round 5
Jason Lanister: convince 18 / 2 DOS/ 6 influence/ - 5 DR / Septon Arlyn composure 1
Septon Arlyn: Convince (24)(-1d) 22/ 2 DOS/ 8 influence/ - 4 DR/ Jason Lanister is unable to take enough frustration to reduce damage all the way, Jason Lannister is defeated

Round 6
Jason Lanister : Convince (26) (-2d= 9) 17/ 2 DOS/ 6 influence/ -5 DR/ Septon Arlyn Composure 1
Septon Arlyn : Convince (20)(-1d= 2) 18/ 1 DOS/ 4 influence / 4 DR/ Jason Lanister Composure 1

Round 7
Jason Lanister: Convince (16) (-2d= 5) 11/ 2 DOS/ 6 Influence/ - 5 DR/ Septon Arlyn takes a frustration/ Septon Arlyn Composure 1
Septon Arlyn : Convince (16) (-2D= 2) 14 / 1 DOS/ 4 Influence/ -4 DR/ Jason Lanister composure 1

Round 8
Jason Lanister: Convince (23) (- 2 d=7) 16 / 2 DOS / 6 influence/ -5 DR/ Septon Arlyn takes 1 frustration/ Septon Arlyns Composure is 1

round 9
Jason Lanister: convince (23) (-2d= - Cool 15 / 2 DOS/ 6 influence/ -5 DR/ Septon Arlyn takes 1 frustration and is at 4 Septon Arlyns composure is at 1

Septon Arlyn Yields

Damn that was close. If I could have rolled better then 2 ones on half my rolls things probably could have been resolved without the need for spending that DP point/ yielding in the end

I realized that I had made in err in calucating Jason Lannisters ID, but was able to apply the charm bonus die for one test, as in the GOT edition you can change your Technique in between exchanges and I feel like I R/P at least a little charm into the action

Last edited by 167 on Fri Jul 31, 2015 7:52 am; edited 1 time in total
Septon Arlyn
Septon Arlyn

Back to top Go down

Post by Reader Wed Jul 29, 2015 10:17 pm

[OOC: of course you can spend destiny to give yourself the win. Smile

Over the next few days we can has out how the orphanage will work and the extent of the Lannister/Mallister support via PM]
Reader
Reader
Site Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Septon Arlyn Thu Jul 30, 2015 7:49 pm

Jason Lannister responded to Septon Arlyn "
Septon, If I were to give money to every Lord whom asked of it, House Lannister would be out of funds in a week and be beggared"

Septon Arlyn Sighed inwardly, here was a Lord sitting in the middle of his pavilion, surrounded by fancy chests, food still sitting on the table with half empty wine glasses left to stale, and he was complaining about finances. "
My Lord, the good people of the realm look to house Lannister as a successful, proud house. This project will help people of the realm see your generosity and goodwill towards the smallfolk."

"
But Septon Arlyn"
, replies Jason lannister "
don't you suppose that the small folk don't already know of our kindness? No one on lannister lands goes hungry."

"
Aye this is true,"
replies the Septon, "
however don't you think that those whom have lost parents or brothers in the mines of gold you have would not appreciate the kindness and generosity that you would be helping to provide? A place of safe harbor for those children whom have lost their support could go and grow up learning the tenients of the Faith and become gods fearing loyal subjects whom would have useful skills as well."

"
Septon why should I be a major contributor to this project though? Shouldn't my support of this project be shown through the support that my Bannerman provide?"

The Septon took another moment to steady himself. "
My Lord, if it pleases you your Bannerman has already pledged support to this project."
Seeing his disheveled appearance a flash of divine inspiration comes to the Septon. "
My Lord, if you where to support this cause, the Faith would greatly appreciate it."
Leaving unsaid that they Faith where one of the few people whom the Targaren's made concession to.

"
Well."
Said Jason Lannister. Putting some thought into it. Then suddenly Septon Arlyn saw a change come over Jason, his feelings of betrayal at the slight he felt bubbling up to the surface. With a carnivores grin Jason Lannister almost purred the next phase,"
If the Faith and my Bannerman would find that helpful to their cause, I guess that I could find some funding for it. Speak with my maester and he should be able to find some money to help with funding of your project"
He was obviously thinking not of good banner men, but of supporting something that someone whom had rebuked him would be wise to be careful of.

oh Gods, what have I got myself into thinks Septon Arlyn. "
I'm glad that you can find it in your heart to support this cause."
Replies the Septon. Doing nothing to betray his fear Septon Arlyn rose and bowed deeply excusing himself from the tent and making his way to where the guard had told him the maesters tent was.
Septon Arlyn
Septon Arlyn

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down