Dragon's Dance
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

[Day 8, PUG] The Lion's Gate (Tymon/Loreia)

3 posters

Go down

[Day 8, PUG] The Lion's Gate (Tymon/Loreia) Empty [Day 8, PUG] The Lion's Gate (Tymon/Loreia)

Post by Loreia Sun Jan 24, 2016 8:40 am

[OOC: "
Gate"
is used as a synonym here for the portcullis on the Coldbrook heraldry.]

Loreia has cooled off since the preliminary victory that brought her to the semi-finals, proving that she can compete and hold her own in this contest, but she bears no adulation or satisfaction beyond putting the crowd in their place. Her frown remains fixed to her brow as her gray steed carries her onward. Across the way, she spies her opponent, drawing the line connecting his gaze toward his betrothed, feeling a twitch of envy. What does she think of of the woman standing between her love and victory?

Passive Ride 16
Health 15
AR 7

[url=Empathy vs Helen Dulver][/url]: 4d6k3 15
Loreia
Loreia

Back to top Go down

[Day 8, PUG] The Lion's Gate (Tymon/Loreia) Empty Re: [Day 8, PUG] The Lion's Gate (Tymon/Loreia)

Post by Tymon Lannister Sun Jan 24, 2016 7:50 pm

Ser Tymon put his armor back on and left his tent to face his next opponent in the joust, Loreia from House Coldbrook. He had heard of the shameful way she had been treated in her last joust and was hopeful the crowd would not act in such a way again. He calmed his courser, Storm, and swung onto the saddle saluting the infantrymen in the Dulver camp as they cheered him on. He slowly made his way to the lists, focusing his mind for the upcoming joust. After arriving at the lists, he saluted the crowd of people before taking a moment to speak with Lady Helen, exchanging their customary "
Hear us roar"
. He saluted Loreia and then closed the visor on his helm, moving towards his starting position in the list. He began his charge down the list, adopting a defensive stance on Storm, preparing for the strike from Loreia.

Ser Tymon
Passive Ride: 16
Health 9/9
AR 8
F/I/W: 0/0/0
Stance: Defensive (+2)

[url=The Lion's Gate (Tymon/Loreia) - 1st Pass][/url]: 10d6k4-2 19
1 DoS - 1 Damage after AR and forcing a TN 9 stay in saddle.

Tymon Lannister

Back to top Go down

[Day 8, PUG] The Lion's Gate (Tymon/Loreia) Empty Re: [Day 8, PUG] The Lion's Gate (Tymon/Loreia)

Post by Loreia Mon Jan 25, 2016 2:00 am

Braced
[url=Charge vs Tymon Lannister][/url]: 8d6k3-2 12
Stance and first charge shared with Reader before we started.

[url=stay in saddle][/url]: 4d6+2 16

[url=catch breath - vs Tymon][/url]: 5d6+2 23
+4 Health. Health back to max.

Loreia's lance shatters against Ser Tymon's shield. Her previous opponent had lent more power into his first charge. Does he ere on the side of caution to be gentle with me?

"
Is that all, gentle Ser Tymon?"
she calls out. "
Or do you still harbor doubt for a woman's natural talent at the game?"

[Presenting an opportunity for my opponent to change his stance if already decided, and go all-in. Next charge and stance shared with Reader.]
Loreia
Loreia

Back to top Go down

Post by Tymon Lannister Mon Jan 25, 2016 3:20 am

Ser Tymon laughed when he heard what Loreia had to say about their first pass. He opened his visor and spoke to her "
Loreia, The fact is, I see a warrior before me, and only a fool discounts the ability of a warrior when matched in kind and I am definitely not such a great fool as Ser Frank Mooton."
He ensured to speak loudly enough so that those in the audience could hear him cleary "
I joust an equal, one warrior to another, and believe all those who think differently should challenge you in the list. I have a feeling that most of them will end up flat on their back."
He turned to Lady Helen, smiled, and closed his visor. He then wheeled Storm to face his opponent, saluted Loreia, and made ready for his second pass.

Ser Tymon
Passive Ride: 16
Health 9/9
AR 8
F/I/W: 0/0/0
Stance: Defensive (+2)

Tymon Lannister

Back to top Go down

Post by Loreia Mon Jan 25, 2016 4:46 am

She raises an eyebrow, but she barely has time to contemplate his verbal gesticulation. The show must go on.

Passive Ride 16
Health 15
AR 7

[url=Charge vs Tymon Lannister, 2nd][/url]: 8d6k3-2 15
Loreia
Loreia

Back to top Go down

Post by Tymon Lannister Mon Jan 25, 2016 5:21 am

[url=The Lion's Gate (Tymon/Loreia) - 2nd Pass][/url]: 10d6k4-2 22
2 DoS - 9 Damage after AR and forcing a TN 12 stay in saddle.

Tymon Lannister

Back to top Go down

Post by Loreia Mon Jan 25, 2016 6:47 am

[url=stay in saddle, 2nd][/url]: 4d6+2 10 +DP = 13
[url=stay in saddle, 2nd DP][/url]: 1d6 4
1 DP spent for +1B. Loreia is still on her horse.

[url=catch breath - vs Tymon, 2nd][/url]: 5d6+2 20
+4 to health

Loreia nearly overcompensates in her attempt to keep her seat. The impact of Tymon's lance against her shield jerks it past her, threatening to take her with it in a minuscule window of action unless she lets go. The shield lands in the mud, splattering the backside of both jousters' horses.

Passive Ride 16(pending stance)
Health 10
AR 7
Loreia
Loreia

Back to top Go down

Post by Tymon Lannister Mon Jan 25, 2016 3:38 pm

Ser Tymon told a nearby page to pick up the shield that Loreia had lost in the last pass and take it to her for their next pass. Once the Shieldmaiden had her shield returned to her, and he could see it was seated properly, he lowered his visor and spurred his courser, Storm, for the third pass.

[url=The Lion's Gate (Tymon/Loreia) - 3rd Pass][/url]: 10d6k4-2 19
1 DoS - 1 Damage after AR and forcing a TN 9 stay in saddle.

Tymon Lannister

Back to top Go down

Post by Loreia Tue Jan 26, 2016 4:33 am

"
Then on this last tilt, I'll prove ser estimated me fairly."
And you'll prove your words' weight as an honorable knight.

Loreia stares down the length of her lance at the start of her charge. Her eyes hold to their purpose as the two collide for the third time.

[url=Eyes Fixed vs Tymon][/url]: 8d6k3+1 18
1 DoS - 10 dmg before AR
TN9 for saddle

Stance: Eyes Fixed(+1 Fight, +1 opponent's base damage)
Passive 16
Health 8
AR 7

Stand by for Handle Animal test.
Loreia
Loreia

Back to top Go down

Post by Tymon Lannister Tue Jan 26, 2016 5:21 am

[url=The Lion's Gate (Tymon/Loreia) - 3rd Pass - Stay in Saddle][/url]: 5d6k3+2 17
Not a problem staying horsed

2 Damage after AR
[url=The Lion's Gate (Tymon/Loreia) - 3rd Pass - Catch Breath][/url]: 3d6 12

Tymon Lannister

Back to top Go down

Post by Loreia Tue Jan 26, 2016 7:04 am

[url=stay in saddle, 3rd][/url]: 4d6 22
Me no fall.

[Ser Tymon moves on to the final]
Loreia
Loreia

Back to top Go down

Post by Tymon Lannister Fri Jan 29, 2016 5:43 am

Tymon made his way to Loreia's side, opened the visor on his helm and said "
Well fought Loreia, you are a warrior of skill and have the bravery to match. The name Shieldmaiden is definitely an earned one"
. He saluted her, then wheeled his horse facing the crowd and saluted them before smiling at Helen in the stands. He dismounted Storm, removed his armor and asked Lady Helen if she would like to take a walk and take a brief respite before the next match with Ser Jorah.

Tymon Lannister

Back to top Go down

Post by Loreia Fri Jan 29, 2016 9:41 am

"
Though it be ironic, me thinks, as I've adopted the habit of droppin' me shield,"
she jests. "
Thanks for the kind word, ser."

She in turn raises her broken lance with defiant panache, with the knowledge that many in the crowd wished to see her fall. This was a minor show, after all, as arranged by Lord Haigh to alleviate the tensions of the combat trials guilty men demanded in their last bid to escape justice. Out of presence of mind, she does not linger past her opponent.
Loreia
Loreia

Back to top Go down

Post by Reader Fri Jan 29, 2016 9:42 am

[placeholder]
Reader
Reader
Site Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Reader Sat Jan 30, 2016 3:33 pm

Lady Helen Dulver smiled, tucking her hair behind her ears with both hands to calm her nerves as the rain pattered on the canvas roof of the stands.

"
A walk beside you is to treasure my beloved, but today's downpour seems ill-suited to such pursuits."

"
I will confess half of me is filled with nerves, half with excitement when I watch you. Father says tournaments are a frivolous, foolish expense, but I feel cheated to have been deprived such spectacle for so much of my life."

The day's rains had soaked the tourney grounds, reducing many of the combats to little more than a wrestling match in the mud. Still, it seemed to have done little to quench Helen's enthusiasm - the young noblewoman was a maid of seventeen, but had seen less of the world than others of her age and rank. Her father, the Vulture of Dulver had amassed a great fortune due to his parsimonious ways, but whether this was virtue or vice depended on who you asked.

[OOC: Almanac has D8's (grim) weather]
Reader
Reader
Site Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Tymon Lannister Mon Feb 01, 2016 2:01 am

(OOC - I am not sure of the value of Loreia's armor and horse, but will of course ransom it back to Loreia)

Tymon turned to Helen "
Of course, you are right my dear, I do not know what I am thinking suggesting going for a walk in this weather, we definitely do not need to be out in the elements, perhaps instead we can retire to the pavilion tent with your handmaiden and enjoy a glass of warm mulled wine while we wait until the next joust. I myself love the joust, it is a crucible for any knight, a test of one warrior to another, although it is true, it can be costly in both gold and injury. With you by my side to inspire me, I shall surely have more successes than failures in the list."

Tymon Lannister

Back to top Go down

Post by Loreia Mon Feb 01, 2016 5:44 am

[my horse and armor: 1400ss]
Loreia
Loreia

Back to top Go down

Post by Reader Mon Feb 01, 2016 7:12 pm

Tymon Lannister wrote:(OOC - I am not sure of the value of Loreia's armor and horse, but will of course ransom it back to Loreia)

Tymon turned to Helen "
Of course, you are right my dear, I do not know what I am thinking suggesting going for a walk in this weather, we definitely do not need to be out in the elements, perhaps instead we can retire to the pavilion tent with your handmaiden and enjoy a glass of warm mulled wine while we wait until the next joust. I myself love the joust, it is a crucible for any knight, a test of one warrior to another, although it is true, it can be costly in both gold and injury. With you by my side to inspire me, I shall surely have more successes than failures in the list."

Helen frowns at Ser Tymon's mention of the joust as a crucible for knights. The young woman was struck by the strangeness of Loreia's appearance.

"
What of that absurd creature you just defeated my love? She is no knight, yet rides in the company of nobles and those anointed with seven oils."

"
A septa would have a fit, but I know not who she would disapprove of more: the crowd for shouting such slander at a woman and offending the maid, or your foe for defying her rightful place. The Warrior's face is male."

She spoke with the certainty of a highborn woman, sure of her place in society, of both her privileges and her obligations.
Reader
Reader
Site Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down