Dragon's Dance
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The Septry at Battle Valley - description

+2
Nathaniel Mason
Reader
6 posters

Go down

The Septry at Battle Valley - description Empty The Septry at Battle Valley - description

Post by Reader Sat Oct 17, 2015 11:22 am

The oft disputed Battle Valley changes hands between Blackwood and Bracken even more frequently than the tumultuous history of the Warrior’s Seat. Unfortified as it is, the valley itself is often the first ground to be yielded or seized. House Bracken currently holds dominion here, but only a seer can say for how much longer.
Despite its chaotic history, the Septry at Battle Valley dates back to the Andals and has survived untouched across the centuries, both sides respecting its holy nature.
Now it is but a shattered ruin, its famed stained glass windows broken, its inhabitants put to the sword or dispersed. This is a crime against the living, against Westeros’s past and the Valley’s future, depriving it of a treasured pilgrimage site.

Investigation (Shattered septry): awareness (empathy), persuasion/deception (any), Warfare (strategy/tactics), survival (forage/track)
Reader
Reader
Site Admin

Back to top Go down

The Septry at Battle Valley - description Empty Re: The Septry at Battle Valley - description

Post by Nathaniel Mason Sat Oct 17, 2015 2:16 pm

[OOC: This would take much more than one time slot. Easily all afternoon and most of the night.]

Perhaps Nathan's vast network of informants had been sketchy on some of the other incidents surrounding this whole affair, but as far as the Sept was concerned, they were all in agreement and the message had been crystal clear. It would seem that a group of bandits had caused the destruction of the Sept. Stealing was one thing. Some of Nathan's best friends were thieves. Wanton destruction was something else again. Especially a church.

Nathan walked around the ruined Sept His gaze noted the various signs. He patiently listened to the various stories of those who had been present at the time.

[url=Sept Awareness][/url]: 3d6 10
[url=Sept Persuasion][/url]: 6d6k5 21

Getting some of the confirmation he needed, Nathan decided to lose no time.

TN6 [url=Banditry tracking][/url]: 1d6 2

Nathan was having a terrible night. He loathed everything about the woods. The bugs, the mud, the things that skittered, howled and slithered. He was just about to give up after getting lost twice. Fortunately, if you can't be good at something, you can at least be lucky.

TN6 Lucky Reroll [url=Banditry tracking][/url]: 1d6 +2 BoA 6

Nathan was on the verge of giving up when he spotted the small campfire of the bandit camp in the distance. Slowly he approached it, looking to ascertain numbers and some evidence of their guilt.

[url=Sept Stealth][/url]: 4d6k3 17

If he found what he suspected, they would pay dearly for what he had had to endure this night.

[OOC: Assuming that Nathan gets the confirmation he seeks, which is likely if Reader is not misleading me Very Happy , the camp will be attacked by Ser Jon and his men at daybreak on Day 2. Any who wish to join in the fun are welcome. I only ask that as many as possible be taken alive.}
Nathaniel Mason
Nathaniel Mason

Back to top Go down

The Septry at Battle Valley - description Empty Re: The Septry at Battle Valley - description

Post by Septon Arlyn Sun Oct 18, 2015 6:08 pm

Septon Arlyn arrives at the ruined Sept on his cart, which was loaded down with various tools and implements to bury the dead. Luecian had arrived with him, as protection against those whom would harm a man of the cloth. Septon Arlyn had been at this Sept before when he was traveling as a begging brother and received a warm welcome before, but the only welcome he received now was that of that of the cold empty echoes ricocheting off the walls of the Sept from the jingle and creaking of the cart.

"
This is dark days my boy,"
replies Septon Arlyn to Luecian. "
Only men of the most vile type could possibly have committed this heinous act."
Septon Arlyn looks at a body on the ground, the darken area under the body showing evidence of where his life blood had watered the ground.

[url=awareness roll with pious bonus die][/url]: 3d6 11

Questioning some of the nearby farmers Septon Arlyn convinces a few to share what they remember from that night,

[url=persuade convince against smallfolk][/url]: 7d6k5+2 18

Getting some information from the farmers Septon Arlyn assists Luecian in tracking down the perpetrators

[url=survival roll asisst sept valley battle][/url]: 2d6 8
Septon Arlyn
Septon Arlyn

Back to top Go down

Post by Luecian LongBow Mon Oct 19, 2015 12:01 am

Septon Arlyn wrote:"
This is dark days my boy,"
replies Septon Arlyn to Luecian. "
Only men of the most vile type could possibly have committed this heinous act."
Luecian nods in agreement to his companion."
Aye Septon, this be the work of some bad sorts indeed."

Luecian moves to investigate the site more closely. He watches closely as the septon engages with the local farmers, gauging their words and reactions closely.
[url=Awareness roll-Septry][/url]: 3d6 13

He assists Septon Arlyn in his discussion with the nearby farmers.
[url=Persuasion-Convince assist to Septon Arlyn][/url]: 3d6 15

He scans the area considering how he might approach attacking the septry. Even with a limited background as a soldier, he considers different options.
[url=Warfare Test-Septry][/url]: 2d6 10

He then moves to look for any clues/tracks that might be remaining from the attackers around the area.
[url=Survival-Track check for Septry][/url]: 5d6k4 15
Luecian LongBow
Luecian LongBow

Back to top Go down

Post by Jamys Rivers Mon Oct 19, 2015 1:17 am

Leaving his men encamped, Jamys felt drawn to the ruined Sept. He kept his distance from the other investigators, not knowing yet his place in the wider group. As he walked among the broken windows and fallen stones, a kind of brooding melancholy descended on him, and he found he had to focus to retain his objectivity. Seven, help me to maintain a clear head. Though the Blackwoods serve you not, they deserve justice as surely as the Brackens. Help me to be Equitable in my judgement... if I have any say at all. He paused, considering. Perhaps I should attach myself to the agents of one of the other houses, someone with a clearer idea of what is going on.

Leaving this thought for the moment, Jamys chats to those present at the Sept, Septons and farmers alike.
Investigation: Awareness (Empathy): [url=Empathy at the Septon][/url]: 4d6k3 12

Withdrawing from his conversations, Jamys wandered the grounds, trying to see the site from a tactical perspective, trying to piece together, from his limited studies of battle tactics, just what had occurred when the Sept was destroyed.
Warfare: [url=Warfare at the Sept][/url]: 3d6 9

Understanding more and more, Jamys resolved to track down the perpetrators and seek answers. What appeared a neutral party could easily be a proxy. Unfortunately Jamys knew next to nothing about tracking...
Survival (ignore the name, I forgot which thread the survival was for) [url=Survival at Blackened Trees][/url]: 2d6 2

Jamys Rivers

Back to top Go down

Post by Septon Arlyn Wed Oct 21, 2015 1:55 am

"
Luecian,"
remarks the Septon after a long day of finding clues. "
There are some things here that do not add up. I feel like we are missing some key components to this massacre. "
Septon Arlyn strokes his chin thoughtfully and feels some stubble forming on his round cheeks.I need to clean myself up. Cleanliness is close to godliness as his holiness Ryndmun used to say. My boy we have some work to do, Septon Arlyn sets about digging a large whole in the cemetery to bury the bodies in.
Septon Arlyn
Septon Arlyn

Back to top Go down

Post by Jamys Rivers Wed Oct 21, 2015 2:11 am

Giving up on his attempts to track the attackers to their source, Jamys sees a Septon digging graves. He nods to himself, thoughtfully, and approaches. "
Good morning sir. Can I render aid? My other efforts here seem to have fallen through..."

[OOC I hope you don't mind me butting in Septon Arlyn]

Jamys Rivers

Back to top Go down

Post by Luecian LongBow Wed Oct 21, 2015 3:43 am

Luecian responds to Septon Arlyn upon coming out of a trance of what he considers deep thoughts. "
Aye, I have a feeling we be missing something, but can't put me finger on it..."
As he watches the Septon begin to dig, he joins him grabbing another shovel and aids in the task. "
Not work I be fancyin Septon, but supposing it must be done eh"

Upon noticing the newcomer approach and engage the Septon in conversation, Luecian smiles a bit to himself in amusement. Reckon that be the fellow I seen earlier trying to play hunter/trapper, doubting he's much seen the wild up close.
Luecian LongBow
Luecian LongBow

Back to top Go down

Post by Jamys Rivers Wed Oct 21, 2015 5:54 am

Jamys nodded formally in Luecien's direction "
Greetings also."

Jamys Rivers

Back to top Go down

Post by Septon Arlyn Wed Oct 21, 2015 6:18 am

(Ooc that's fine, just looking for conversation)

Septon Arlyn starts like a hair being broken from his reverie by the approach of a finely dressed man Septon Arlyn takes a moment to try and place where he has seen the houses colors before. "
Excuse me m'lord"
Septon Arlyn drawls slightly, "
I did not know that the representative's of house kutley had arrived yet. My name is Septon Arlyn, of house dulver and the Sept on the hearth. It is a pleasure to make your acquaintance my Lord..."
He trails off hoping that the young man would supply him with his name
Septon Arlyn
Septon Arlyn

Back to top Go down

Post by Jamys Rivers Wed Oct 21, 2015 6:52 am

"
Jamys. Jamys Rivers. Sorry. I should have lead with that. And your rustic companion?"
Jamys smiled, "
May I know your name, friend?"

Jamys Rivers

Back to top Go down

Post by Luecian LongBow Wed Oct 21, 2015 6:06 pm

"
Most call me Luecian Longbow good fellow. Well met Jamys, any help you be wishing to aid in this endeavor, would be welcome. Me hands are meant more for a bow than shovel eh."
He finishes with a grin despite their surroundings.
Luecian LongBow
Luecian LongBow

Back to top Go down

Post by Septon Arlyn Wed Oct 21, 2015 7:43 pm

"
Aye your help would be much appreciated."
Continues Septon Arlyn. "
It's not often that I see one of the nobility offer to do manual labor such as this!"
Septon Arlyn guffaws at his little joke. "
But your help would be most appreciated Goodman. It is honorable work that men bury their dead. Sperate's us from the breasts of the field."
Septon Arlyn daps some sweat off his brow, the labor causing his face to glisten slightly. Standing up and stretching out his back, he wanders over to the cart to get another digging implement. "
Handing it with offered hand to Jamy, Septon Arlyn continues. "
the gods will look favorably on your assistance with with. "
Septon Arlyn
Septon Arlyn

Back to top Go down

Post by Lady Corrine Marsten Wed Oct 21, 2015 9:03 pm

[Removed and given it's own thread.]

Last edited by 151 on Tue Nov 03, 2015 4:23 pm; edited 2 times in total
Lady Corrine Marsten
Lady Corrine Marsten

Back to top Go down

Post by Jamys Rivers Thu Oct 22, 2015 10:10 am

"
Well met to both of you then. I'm not sure I properly belong to the nobility, though, I am a bastard, afterall."
Jamys replied, taking up the shovel, thankful he'd worn the less expensive of his garments.

Jamys Rivers

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down