Dragon's Dance
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

[D1, MM] On the Septry Steps (Closed-ish)

2 posters

Go down

[D1, MM] On the Septry Steps (Closed-ish) Empty [D1, MM] On the Septry Steps (Closed-ish)

Post by Lady Corrine Marsten Wed Oct 21, 2015 11:54 pm

[ooc: This thread is chiefly for Corrine &
Jamys to interact, but others can request to join in.]

Corrine exits the shattered septry, her heart heavy from witnessing such wanton destruction of a holy place. However, her mind whirs with the information she has learnt. She spots a man bearing the investigators sigil, but whom she does not recognise. She approaches with a tentative smile, her guards watching warily;

"
Greetings. I see you are an investigator, but I'm afraid I do not think we have been introduced. I am Lady Corrine, of House Marsten,"
she introduces herself with a nod. "
Whom might you be, ser?"
Lady Corrine Marsten
Lady Corrine Marsten

Back to top Go down

[D1, MM] On the Septry Steps (Closed-ish) Empty Re: [D1, MM] On the Septry Steps (Closed-ish)

Post by Jamys Rivers Thu Oct 22, 2015 12:41 am

[OOC - I'm going to assume this takes place before my chat with the Septon]

The man seems surprised at being addressed, and bows stiffly. "
Jamys, my lady. Jamys Rivers. Of House Kytley. I'm Lord Ambrose's nephew. Pleased to make your acquaintance."
Something seems to occur to Jamys, but he keeps his silence.

Jamys Rivers

Back to top Go down

[D1, MM] On the Septry Steps (Closed-ish) Empty Re: [D1, MM] On the Septry Steps (Closed-ish)

Post by Lady Corrine Marsten Thu Oct 22, 2015 12:45 am

"
Well met, Jamys. Though not in ideal circumstances. Have you accompanied Lord Ambrose, or are you here on his behalf?"
Lady Corrine Marsten
Lady Corrine Marsten

Back to top Go down

Post by Jamys Rivers Thu Oct 22, 2015 1:43 am

"
I'm here on his behalf. And you are representing House Marsten?"

Jamys Rivers

Back to top Go down

Post by Lady Corrine Marsten Thu Oct 22, 2015 1:49 am

"
Yes. I am the head of my House. I am accompanied by my husband, Lord Benedict, and my Keeper of the Gate, Ser Kevan Lyras, but they are currently carrying out other investigations elsewhere."

She glances up the steps with a sad look, then back to Jamys;

"
Have you been inside yet? The destruction is heartbreaking."
Lady Corrine Marsten
Lady Corrine Marsten

Back to top Go down

Post by Jamys Rivers Thu Oct 22, 2015 2:01 am

Jamys grimaced. "
I have, it's horrible! Who would do such a thing?"

Jamys Rivers

Back to top Go down

Post by Lady Corrine Marsten Thu Oct 22, 2015 2:29 am

"
Someone who clearly has no respect for men or Gods. May the Father's justice find them, but not after I do,"
she says, solemnly. "
The monks claim it was Blackwood men, but I am not yet convinced it is as simple as that. I feel there may be other factors at work. Have you spoken to them?"
Lady Corrine Marsten
Lady Corrine Marsten

Back to top Go down

Post by Jamys Rivers Thu Oct 22, 2015 2:57 am

"
The monks I questioned weren't in a position to know anything about who may have perpetrated this atrocity - it was too dark - but from what I could gather the attack lacked the discipline to be knights or proper soldiers. The approach, the impact... it's all wrong. At least, that's what my reading of battle strategy tells me. So not a House, at least not directly. However, even if bandits or rebels did the deed, another party could be using them as proxies. That's what I would do, if I ever sunk to this level of moral degeneracy, Seven forbid. Tracking the bandits down would be the logical next step, but regretably tracking is not one of my strengths."

Jamys Rivers

Back to top Go down

Post by Lady Corrine Marsten Thu Oct 22, 2015 3:08 am

"
We seem to be of a similar mind. The monks said to me that they saw Blackwood shields on the men, and I did indeed find one such shield, but those could be a misdirection, if they seemed undisciplined. Sending a proxy force in disguise is a plausible explanation, I think. Tracking down the culprits themselves would be ideal. I think the key to discerning the truth is to determine who benefits most from the act. I intend to follow the money, so to speak. I am no tracker or fighter, but I know people. I think I can make enquiries in town, see if anyone has been more generous than usual."
Lady Corrine Marsten
Lady Corrine Marsten

Back to top Go down

Post by Jamys Rivers Thu Oct 22, 2015 3:40 am

Jamys nods. "
I see no reason why we couldn't benefit from each others research. Perhaps you would be so good as to share what you discover, and I shall do the same. I serve the Seven, and the Crown, and it benefits neither if we stitch up the wrong party for these crimes. I have no desire to see the Blackwoods punished for this just because their spiritual allegiances are elsewhere. I hope you feel the same."

Jamys Rivers

Back to top Go down

Post by Lady Corrine Marsten Thu Oct 22, 2015 3:45 am

"
I could not agree more. Truth, justice, and peace are House Marsten's sole goals for this investigation,"
Corrine nods. "
I am staying at the Green Door Inn, if you wish to find me or send a message."
Lady Corrine Marsten
Lady Corrine Marsten

Back to top Go down

Post by Jamys Rivers Thu Oct 22, 2015 4:19 am

Jamys nods. "
I am glad we met. I am encamped with my men, I'm sure you can tell by my smell."
Jamys replied apologetically. "
I hope I'm not stepping beyond the bounds of our relationship in suggesting you contact me by message, rather than in person. Our camp doesn't befit a lady of your stature."
Jamys described the location.

Jamys Rivers

Back to top Go down

Post by Lady Corrine Marsten Thu Oct 22, 2015 4:29 am

"
That is very considerate of you to give me fair warning. I shall bear it in mind,"
Corrine nods politely. "
I should go. Time is of the essence. But thank you for your time, Jamys. Perhaps we shall meet again soon."
Lady Corrine Marsten
Lady Corrine Marsten

Back to top Go down

Post by Jamys Rivers Thu Oct 22, 2015 6:31 am

"
A pleasure, my lady. But may I ask one thing before you depart?"

[OOC - Assuming you say yes]

"
What would you suggest I investigate next? If we are sharing information, we'd be fools to overlap too much..."

Jamys Rivers

Back to top Go down

Post by Lady Corrine Marsten Thu Oct 22, 2015 2:26 pm

"
I wouldn't worry too much about that. I'm sure we each have skills that the other lacks. We may find different kinds of information from the same source. However, if it helps you, I can tell you that I ride for Raventree Hall tomorrow, to investigate Lord Blackwood's murder. I will be searching the scene and speaking with staff and guests. It is my belief that someone within Raventree Hall aided the assassin."
Lady Corrine Marsten
Lady Corrine Marsten

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down