Dragon's Dance
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Any Price for Peace (D1, EM-all week, closed-ish)

3 posters

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2

Go down

Any Price for Peace (D1, EM-all week, closed-ish) - Page 2 Empty Re: Any Price for Peace (D1, EM-all week, closed-ish)

Post by Benedict Marsten Fri Nov 06, 2015 1:59 pm

Still himself having a hard time distinguishing his reasoning he remains silent for a moment.

I trust her infallibly, but not him.

"
You of all people should know how unpredictable he is. He is dangerous."

In more ways the one.

Ben lifts Corrine to her feet and stands. The floor sways beneath him like the all familiar deck on a ship.
Benedict Marsten
Benedict Marsten

Back to top Go down

Any Price for Peace (D1, EM-all week, closed-ish) - Page 2 Empty Re: Any Price for Peace (D1, EM-all week, closed-ish)

Post by Lady Corrine Marsten Fri Nov 06, 2015 8:24 pm

Corrine holds Ben's hands as he stands unsteadily.

"
I do know that he is unpredictable. But I'll have guards with me. I won't be alone. And besides, I think he is genuinely trying to do better. I cannot be everywhere, love. I need you to placate Ser Myles before we can safely dig deeper into the murder. What do you think Athelstan is going to do to me?"
Lady Corrine Marsten
Lady Corrine Marsten

Back to top Go down

Post by Benedict Marsten Fri Nov 06, 2015 11:52 pm

Take your heart. Figuratively or literally I do not know.

His chin drifts left to right. His shoulders rise and fall in time with a heavy sigh. "
I do not know. Perhaps it is best if I take a walk to clear my clouded temperament."

He lets her hands drop as he steps back more confused now then before.
Benedict Marsten
Benedict Marsten

Back to top Go down

Post by Lady Corrine Marsten Fri Nov 06, 2015 11:58 pm

Corrine looks a little hurt by his withdrawal.

"
Don't be like that, love. It worries me. Whatever you fear, I want to assuage it. Is it because he wanted to court me before? I don't want another Garrett Snow incident."

She attempts to step closer and take his hands again, though this time, she seems a little nervous of doing so.
Lady Corrine Marsten
Lady Corrine Marsten

Back to top Go down

Post by Benedict Marsten Sat Nov 07, 2015 12:54 am

He seems at ease until she mentions the incident from Riverrun with the other bastard.
His eyes narrow suspiciously.

"
Did he ... was he inappropriate?"

He squeezes her hands and draws her close. His heart beating faster in antcipation of her response.
Benedict Marsten
Benedict Marsten

Back to top Go down

Post by Lady Corrine Marsten Sat Nov 07, 2015 1:22 am

Corrine frowns up at him, glances briefly away, then returns her gaze to his;

"
Not especially,"
she shrugs. "
He said a few things that could be taken as flirtatious, and his gaze lingers on me a little longer than is polite, but it's no more than one expects of a bastard. They are lustful by nature. It's not their fault. And besides, it's not like trueborn men never look at me like their eyes could undress me,"
she adds, a little defiantly.
Lady Corrine Marsten
Lady Corrine Marsten

Back to top Go down

Post by Benedict Marsten Sat Nov 07, 2015 2:02 am

"
That bastard! In thought we had walked away with the air cleared between us!"
His voice raises.

Which one of us is he fucking with?

"
You were not going to tell me were you?"
he looks to her accusingly, easing his embrace.

"
You think I will run off and strike him?"

Is she protecting him or me?

More questions than answer, seemed to be the theme of this event.
Benedict Marsten
Benedict Marsten

Back to top Go down

Post by Lady Corrine Marsten Sat Nov 07, 2015 2:11 am

"
Yes, that is precisely what I thought you would do. This is exactly why I don't tell you about these things! You overreact!"
Corrine retorts, hotly, trying to step back, but caught in his tight grip. "
Don't you dare pick a fight with him. He's done nothing wrong. If you're going to get all puffed up about a man flirting with me or looking at me, you'll have to fight a bloody long line of them!"
Lady Corrine Marsten
Lady Corrine Marsten

Back to top Go down

Post by Benedict Marsten Sat Nov 07, 2015 2:38 am

He bobs his head in affirmation. Of what even he is unsure. He lets her go, opening and closing his hands, his knuckles popping. He takes two steps back. It is Ben's turn to appear hurt. It all stung the charge of picking a fight, the defense of man who once held her affection, and most of all...

She does not trust me.

"
Overreact!? He killed his own brother. You yourself have seen him go from affectionate to threatening. Now you stand here defending him after he flirts with you. In public I am sure."

"
You don't have to worry about me picking a fight with you I am going for that walk."
Shouldering on his worn cloak he stops to grab the rum bottle as he heads for the door.

Unable to look back he speaks. "
I won't be striking him."
Benedict Marsten
Benedict Marsten

Back to top Go down

Post by Lady Corrine Marsten Sat Nov 07, 2015 2:53 am

Corrine tries to stop him, but he just pushes past her. She growls in frustration;

"
If you truly think I and my guards cannot defend my person, and that I would be swayed by an advance, then I suppose you had better go, before we say more things we shall regret."

She folds her arms as she watches him don his cloak and start to leave;

"
If you don't trust me, have a good long think, on your walk, about whom I chose to marry, despite overwhelming protest. Think on who I have shared my bed, my home, my name, and my life with for the past year. Think on who my daughter's father is! Consider the evidence that proves it is Benedict, not Athelstan, that I love!"
she rants, her voice raising.

"
Come back when you don't want to be a jealous arse anymore!"

She turns away from his retreating back, already regretting her tirade.
Lady Corrine Marsten
Lady Corrine Marsten

Back to top Go down

Post by Benedict Marsten Sat Nov 07, 2015 3:47 pm

Ben opens the door calmly and exits slowly, closing it with the same control. Once on the other side he sighs heavily. He turns on his foot to re-enter, then shakes it off. Taking another drink from his jug he places it under his cloak.
Benedict Marsten
Benedict Marsten

Back to top Go down

Post by Lady Corrine Marsten Sat Nov 07, 2015 4:28 pm

Corrine stands completely still, her back turned, until she hears the door close. She turns and takes two steps towards it, with half a mind to pull it open and beg him to come back. But she freezes again, her heart twisting in her chest, her anger, sadness, and fear warring with eachother. She attempts to distract herself while awaiting Ser Kevan by sitting down to the improvised 'war table', scribbling down notes on her investigations.
Lady Corrine Marsten
Lady Corrine Marsten

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2