Dragon's Dance
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

[D1:LM] Who shall defend the faith, militantly? (closed)

5 posters

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2

Go down

[D1:LM] Who shall defend the faith, militantly? (closed) - Page 2 Empty Re: [D1:LM] Who shall defend the faith, militantly? (closed)

Post by Gwyneth Drakeson Fri Nov 06, 2015 6:24 pm

"
Indeed,"
Gwyn muses. "
A septry has little military value...destroying it only inflames anger towards the one doing the deed, from all. And in that case...how careless of the attackers to leave signs of their identity in the mix. It would have been as easy for them to carry no insignia, no hint of who they fought for."

"
Careless indeed, unless I suppose they wished to defame Blackwood's name. But why invite such rancor on one's own House?"

"
You see...it's such a puzzle."
Gwyneth looked back at Septon Arlyn. "
Perhaps the truth is not in seeking answers, but in seeking the right questions."
Gwyneth Drakeson
Gwyneth Drakeson

Back to top Go down

[D1:LM] Who shall defend the faith, militantly? (closed) - Page 2 Empty Re: [D1:LM] Who shall defend the faith, militantly? (closed)

Post by Septon Arlyn Fri Nov 06, 2015 6:31 pm

"
Aye, and the blackwoods have friends from both faiths. For the Tullisons and the Dulvers both provided men for their last conflict with the Brackens. So why now would they choose to attack a site that would inflame both of their allies against them? This feud has been a longstanding issue, I doubt that the Blackwoods would be so careless as to endanger any alliances that they have for such a questionable military gain."
Septon Arlyn spreads his hands in an open gesture. "
But I guess that is what we are here to investigate, Is it not?"
Septon Arlyn
Septon Arlyn

Back to top Go down

Post by Gwyneth Drakeson Fri Nov 06, 2015 6:51 pm

"
Among other things,"
says Gwyn. "
So many atrocities happening all so close together as well. Of course, that is way of feuds perhaps. One thing sparks the hate anew, inviting reprisal, which invites reprisal..."

"
But that very pattern could easily conceal a deeper plot."

She shrugs.

"
As you say, it is what we're here to investigate. It will be...interesting...trying to get to the bottom of this, with so many competing investigators. I hope we don't end up interfering with one another, and only confounding things further."
Gwyneth Drakeson
Gwyneth Drakeson

Back to top Go down

Post by Septon Arlyn Sun Nov 08, 2015 5:27 pm

"
Aye, hopefully we will not confuse things. Although I am worried about how tilted the houses involved in this investigation are against house bracken. I saw Lord Tullisons clear favoritism toward his cousins the blackwoods at the bread and salt with Ser Walton Dulver. I fear that those open declarations of favoritism might confound the issues of finding the truth. Or at very least cause our findings in the final treaty to be called into question by either house."
Septon Arlyn frowns. "
I fear that we have stumbled into a ants nest, and are merely scratching the surface of the issue, whilst the queen is well insulated from any intrusive probes that we might be launching."
Septon Arlyn sighed. "
I feel like the truth has been obfuscated from us. My hope is that with all of our investigators we can discover the truth and expose it as it is."
Septon Arlyn
Septon Arlyn

Back to top Go down

Post by Gwyneth Drakeson Tue Nov 10, 2015 8:22 pm

"
We have not stumbled into anything,"
Gwyn reminds the Septon. "
We have been directed into this ant's nest."

Interesting that he'd singled the Queen out, she thought, and not the Princess or Prince. A slip? Or was he telling her what he thought she wanted to hear?

"
Dunstan has ever worn his heart on his sleeve, but I expect the varying loyalties of the Houses was to some extent a reason to include so many. Perhaps the King hopes we will...cancel one another's biases out?"
She shrugs again. "
We will see if that is wisdom at work, or idealism. I myself am struck as much by who is not here as by who is."
Gwyneth Drakeson
Gwyneth Drakeson

Back to top Go down

Post by Septon Arlyn Tue Nov 10, 2015 9:07 pm

[A Freudian slip mayhaps? Or a deliberate red herring, does the Septon know more then he is telling? Tune in next week folks for spies and Maester's, a westerosi new raven program that explores crime and drama in real time!]

Septon Arlyn shrugged. "
it is interesting chose of houses in this Delegation to be sure. Although the only houses to have no biased towards either house would be house longshore. While the leaders of the Delegation have ties to both houses, by having squired little benjicot as well as the new Lord and Bannerman's wife having blood ties to the Blackwood's and house marsten historically supporting the Bracken's. I have great faith that Lord and Lady Marsten, but I'm glad that I was not the one in charge to have to untangle this mess and herding the lot of cats that are our various houses "
Septon Arlyn chuckles at his own mental image of herding cats.

"
Aye my Lady. This is quite the tangled web that has been woven by these two great houses. But unfortunately I am afraid that it will be the small folk whose blood is Spilled for the wounded pride of these great Lord's. I hope that our peace treaty, if not pleasing to both houses, will at least be fair enough to prevent further bloodshed."
Septon Arlyn intones those last words almost prayerfully.
Septon Arlyn
Septon Arlyn

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2