Dragon's Dance
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

[D2, EM] Divine Retribution II (Closed)

4 posters

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

Go down

[D2, EM] Divine Retribution II (Closed) Empty [D2, EM] Divine Retribution II (Closed)

Post by Nathaniel Mason Fri Oct 30, 2015 9:02 pm

Nathan entered the area where Ser Jon and Lord Marsten were marshalling their forces. He adjusted his scale armor and the glittering castle-forged longsword on his belt. He had named it Deception. A play on the original's name, Endurance.

"
I don't like you coming."
said Jon, flatly.

"
You know I have to."
sighed Nathan. "
Time is of the essence, and you following maps or directions could be a delay you can't afford."

"
I know you have to come."
replied Ser Jon. "
I don't have to like it."

The pair turned and strode over to Lord Marsten.

[OOC: Jon has 3 Warfare 1B Command, 1B Strategy. Nathan is 2 Warfare, but can fill as a sub-commander. If Ben has higher than Jon in warfare, he should be commander.]
Nathaniel Mason
Nathaniel Mason

Back to top Go down

[D2, EM] Divine Retribution II (Closed) Empty Re: [D2, EM] Divine Retribution II (Closed)

Post by Benedict Marsten Sun Nov 01, 2015 4:39 pm

Despite the grave situation Ben can not help but grin at the pair. Their concerned bickering warming his troubled soul.

"
Good morning, Ser Jon, Nathan."
He nods to each in turn.
Benedict Marsten
Benedict Marsten

Back to top Go down

[D2, EM] Divine Retribution II (Closed) Empty Re: [D2, EM] Divine Retribution II (Closed)

Post by Reader Mon Nov 02, 2015 5:29 pm

Ser Jon Roxton favoured Nathaniel with a smile and greeted Lord Marsten with a firm handshake.

"
Grim weather today, and grim deeds to be done. Still, at least we have a chance for action rather than poking through graveyards and entangling ourselves in plots."

"
Deception has its place, but this is a fight for more experienced swords."

He pats Orphan-maker, but rises above using his storied blade's florid name.

"
I beg you to remain safe with your guard during the thickest fighting Nathaniel - we all have our battlefields we are comfortable in. My lord father oft curses that only Lord Daemon Targaryen is as comfortable in court as he is at war."

[OOC: please let me know which units you guys are planning to take to this and we can get things moving.

Assuming Ser Jon's Knights plus some Marsten troops?]
Reader
Reader
Site Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Benedict Marsten Tue Nov 03, 2015 7:34 pm

Ben returned the legendary Ser Jon's handshake. "
I will second that. Though it seems this is only a small diversion from those entangling plots."

As Ser Jon continues to let his anxiety show over Nathan's well-being, Ben imparts a knowing smile to Nathan. Himself having been the reciepient and carry of that anxiety he understands both mens situation.

"
Not that I wish to rush, but shall we depart?"

(Ooc: Nathan and I had discussed bringing Jon's and house Marsten Cavalry and Golden Arrows.)
Benedict Marsten
Benedict Marsten

Back to top Go down

Post by Reader Tue Nov 03, 2015 9:41 pm

Nathaniel is able to track the group responsible for the attack on the sept, aided by the previous work by his connections and his willingness to act quickly rather than allowing the rail to grow cold.

A hardened force of almost two-hundred men makes camp down a secluded path - hidden from passing patrols but offering few avenues of escape to those sharp-witted enough to track them.

Neither Bracken nor Blackwood, although a few broken men from each House have found their way here. These are opportunists, striking at poorly defended targets amid the chaos of the never ceasing Blackwood and Bracken rivalry...

[OOC:
I'll allowed the involved PCs or any other PC to roll for the opposing forces, given the disparity in forces.

Opposing commander:

Randolf, Warfare 3

Opposing Forces

- Regular Archers Agility 3, Marksmanship 4
- Regular Infantry Fighting 3, Athletics 3, Endurance 3 - Armour Upgrade]
Reader
Reader
Site Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Benedict Marsten Wed Nov 04, 2015 6:58 pm

[url=Warfare intiative Devine Retribution II][/url]: 3d6 14

Her Lady's Lance
Elite Cavalry - 12 power
Discipline (0)
Agility 6D ,Animal Handling 3D, Fighting 4D
CD 9, Health 6, AR 5, Move 80 yards, Damage = AH +5
Wealth point: weapons upgrade

Golden Arrows - Trained archers, Agility 3, Awareness 2, Marksmanship 4 (Discipline 9, AR 2, CD 6, Damage 1/5, Health 6)
Benedict Marsten
Benedict Marsten

Back to top Go down

Post by Reader Wed Nov 04, 2015 7:16 pm

A great hue and cry goes up, the raiders swiftly readying their bows and raining shots down up their opposing numbers.

Or would have, had a breakdown in communication not caused half to loose their shots at the Marsten archers and half at the Roxton cavalry.

The early morning attack may not have caught the raiders unawares, but they were certainly uncoordinated at this hour.

Perhaps superior leadership would be decisive in this battle?

[url=warfare][/url]: 3d6 16
[url=command archers][/url]: 3d6 8
[url=Marksmanship][/url]: 4d6 14 - 2 DoS = 10 Damage - 2 AR = 8 damage [Doesn't happen due to flubbed command roll, otherwise I'd have disorganised a unit already] Evil or Very Mad
Reader
Reader
Site Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Benedict Marsten Thu Nov 05, 2015 2:02 am

Round 1 (command 1)
Realizing how close they were to being hit hard by those archers Ben seizes the opportunity to strike before they can get off another round.

"
Out the Darkness let the Heavens reign!"
He shouts as he waves Her Lady's Lance into a charge on archers.

Command Her Lady's Lance: TN 0
[url=Her Lady's Lance Charge][/url]: 4d6k3 8 1DoS x (8+2damage) = 10 - 2AR= 8damage Disorganized
Benedict Marsten
Benedict Marsten

Back to top Go down

Post by Septon Arlyn Thu Nov 05, 2015 2:42 am

Round 1 command 2

"
Let em have it boys!"
Yells Randolf to the infantry, seeing his archers break before the ladies lance

(Ooc do you guys not have a character attached in there for the +1 d?)

[url=Command charge vs ladies lance][/url]: 3d6 10

[url=Attack of raiders vs ladies lance battle of Septry][/url]: 3d6k2 4
Septon Arlyn
Septon Arlyn

Back to top Go down

Post by Benedict Marsten Thu Nov 05, 2015 3:14 am

Roundv1 command 2

Ben wheels the cavalry at their new assailants. Delivering a much more solid punch to the more heavily armored bandit soldiers.

Command Her Lady's Lance: TN 3
[url=Lady's Lance attack bandit infantry][/url]: 4d6 11 vs 5CD = 2DoS x 8 =16-4AR = 12damage disorganized
Benedict Marsten
Benedict Marsten

Back to top Go down

Post by Benedict Marsten Thu Nov 05, 2015 6:03 pm

(ooc: Going to walk this out from here.)
Round 1 Command 3 Bandits
[url=Organize infantry TN 12][/url]: 3d6 12
Randolf quickly organized his ragged men. Shouting curses and threats with bravado.

Round 1 Command 3 Nathan's boys
[url=Command Lance TN 6][/url]: 4d6k3 16
[url=Lance Attack infantry][/url]: 4d6 17vs CD 5 = 3 DOS x 8 =24 -4 AR =20 Twice health destroyed. Commander falls.
Ben screams out, driving his horse forward. "
Hit them again!"
Her Lady's Lance clamour through the mob of infantryman. Leaving little in their wake. The man shouting orders slides slowly off of Ben's lance, his orders silenced permanently.

[url=Will for loss of commander TN 12][/url]: 2d6 12 Shocked SOB
The archers managed to keep their nerve but flounder without guidance.

Round 1 Command 4 Nathan's boys
[url=Command archers to move TN9][/url]: 4d6k3 14
Ser Jon sees an opportunity to keep any more of the enemy from fleeing. He sends the
Golden arrows out to flank the beaten archers. His own men cutting off any chance of escape.[This move was mainly for narrative. Nathan wants some live ones. :;
): ]
Benedict Marsten
Benedict Marsten

Back to top Go down

Post by Reader Thu Nov 05, 2015 7:55 pm

Randolf's opportunistic pillaging comes to an end that day, the wall will be spared his villainy. Not doubt it will be a richer place for his absence. He face looks ferocious even in death, rotten teeth and wild brown-red hair.

A quick, decisive skirmish that could have been bloodier, had the raiders' discipline not broken down early in proceedings. Obviously fighting trained men in house livery rather than monks caused these blackguard to crumble.

Randolf's second, a tall black-haird fellow that identifies himself as Pate, seems the best informed of the raiders...

[OOC: 1 point of Glory, to be allocated by Lord Marsten to himself, Nathaniel or Ser Jon (goes to House Roxton in the final case).

Please roll for your surviving units.

I took the liberty of rolling out Lord Marsten's charge on Randolf at the character skill as my sense of drama demands it.

[url=Lance charge on Randolf][/url]: 9d6k4 21 = 3 DoS = 27 damage - 5 AR = 22 damage = death

Randolf the raider (as was)
Initiative - little need given War Lances are reach weapons
CD 8
AR 5
Health 9]
Reader
Reader
Site Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Benedict Marsten Thu Nov 05, 2015 8:12 pm

(ooc: By being attached he took that much damage. Laughing I was just adding some flare, but your roll only confirms the flare. Very Happy )

Glory awarded to Nathan. He spotted and led us to them.
Benedict Marsten
Benedict Marsten

Back to top Go down

Post by Reader Thu Nov 05, 2015 8:17 pm

Benedict Marsten wrote:(ooc: By being attached he took that much damage. Laughing I was just adding some flare, but your roll only confirms the flare. Very Happy )

Glory awarded to Nathan. He spotted and led us to them.

[OOC: I'm all about that extra flair, the personal touch! Like to give people their moments in the sun.

Well, everyone apart from Randolf. I wanted to maim some House units, missed that command roll by 1...]
Reader
Reader
Site Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Nathaniel Mason Thu Nov 05, 2015 8:23 pm

[OOC: Well.... so much for my questioning Randolf... and having him burned at the stake.

I suppose... technically... I can still have him burned at the stake... but it lacks the impetus it would have had.]

Thank you Ser.. for the Glory. It is appreciated.

Glory spent on the restoration of Blackbuckle.
Nathaniel Mason
Nathaniel Mason

Back to top Go down

Post by Nathaniel Mason Thu Nov 05, 2015 9:03 pm

After the battle was over. After those who could be bandaged were. After all the survivors were disarmed, bound and kneeling. Only then did Nathan ride down into the valley and reign his horse in before the bandits.

He was an impressive sight for those that did not know better. He looked out over the prisoners. His black scale mail rippled as he rode. His black sand steed danced and pawed the ground. It's black scale barding whispered at it's flanks. Give credit where it was due, Nathan was a master of presentation.

He glanced down at the body of their leader, a brief frown and momentary sigh. Then he turned his attention to the men, his gaze sweeping over them with a slight tinge of disgust.

"
So was it worth it?"
Nathan's voice rang out through the campsite. "
Was attacking simple men of the Faith worth it? Was desecrating a church worth it?"
The word desecrate knifed through the valley viciously. "
Was tempting the displeasure of the Seven who are One worth it?"

"
Since all of you were simple-minded enough to think attacking a place of worship was a good idea, I will make this simple for you. I have questions. You will give me answers. If not you, the man next to you will give me answers. What answers you give me, and whether I believe them will determine whether you go to the Wall, have your head removed from your shoulders, or spend the remainder of your short lives hanging from a gibbet until you die of thirst, starvation, exposure, or eaten by crows."

"
Now... which of you would like to unburden your soul first?"
Nathaniel Mason
Nathaniel Mason

Back to top Go down

Post by Reader Thu Nov 05, 2015 9:59 pm

"
Fuck you faggot, none of Randolf's raiders will ever give up our brothers!"
yells one pale skinned, blue eyed raider, daring Nathaniel to back up his words with deeds. The man seems more blessed with bravod than sense and is still half battle crazed.

Ser Jon's hand rests on Orphan-maker's pommel, ready to make an example of the man if necessary.
Reader
Reader
Site Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Nathaniel Mason Thu Nov 05, 2015 10:37 pm

Nathan smiles. It is an especially viscous smile.

Casually he dismounts from his horse. "
Well, it would seem one of you at least wants to go to the afterlife with his soul still burdened. Fine. I can accommodate that."
He glances at Jon not to interfere.

"
I promised that each man's words would determine their fate and I always keep my word."

"
Have you heard of a trial by combat? Nobles and Knights are quite fond of it. It's where men allow the Gods to decide who is in the wrong. Most nobles would think it a great insult to give you the privilege, but as you so correctly pointed out, I am no noble. So we will see if the Gods favour you or me. Given your crime, I am betting on me.

If you defeat me, you will all be sent to the Wall, none of you will be killed. If I defeat you, I will have you impaled in front of the church you desecrated where you will possibly take days to die in excruciating agony... and then I will move on the the next man, forgetting that you even existed."

Nathan smiled so casually it was deeply disturbing.

"
So... which would you prefer? The judgement of the Gods? Or their mercy? I am fine with either."
Nathaniel Mason
Nathaniel Mason

Back to top Go down

Post by Septon Arlyn Thu Nov 05, 2015 11:52 pm

"
Your gods don't exist here, you insolent boy. Bring me my axe and I will wipe that pompous smile clean off your face you son of a whore!"
Bellows the gangly bandit. He flips his dirty matted hair out of his eyes and stares definitely at Nathan, his bloodshot eyes glaring as he spits in Nathan's general direction. "
I'm no coward, I know you wanna be lordling types love to back out on your promises of safety. Me own commaders killed me brother because he won't be the first out of the trench. So killed him right back quick I did. He eating the worms when I left him bleeding in the muck. Just like I be leaving you."
He snarls the last words like a feral animal. More like a beast then a man.
Septon Arlyn
Septon Arlyn

Back to top Go down

Post by Nathaniel Mason Fri Nov 06, 2015 12:01 am

Nathan shrugged. "
Untie him and give him his weapon."

Moving to the center of the camp, he waited, patiently.

Nathan Initiative: [url=Bandit Initiative][/url]: 3d6-2 12

CD: 10 (-2 AP +2 left-hand dagger)
AR: 6
Damage: 4
HP: 9

Action: Pass
Nathaniel Mason
Nathaniel Mason

Back to top Go down

Post by Septon Arlyn Fri Nov 06, 2015 12:21 am

A soldier moves quickly and cuts his bindings. Surprised at the sudden freedom from bondage the bandit falls forward and barley catches himself with his hands before his face would have found its way into the dirt. His dirty curls are not so lucky as they end up in a muddy puddle. The soldier grabs him and roughly halls him upright. Taking a moment to scan his surroundings to see if he can make a break for it the bandit realized that the archers would clearly shoot him down before he makes it twelve paces. A different soldier in marstens garb hands the bandit a heavy axe, rust clearly marking it as a vagrants weapon in need of serious repair.

"
Have it your way then little Lord. Bundry is not afraid of your or your fancy black armor or tiny black horse"

[url=Initiative Septry divine wrath][/url]: 2d6-2 9
Fighting 3, Athletics 3, Endurance 3, CD5 AR4 Initiative 2d6-2 Damage 4

CD 5
Health 9/9
F/I/W: 0/0/0

(He will not take any, just for posterity sake)

"
Now it's time for the true Lord of these woods to be shown, let's see how your pretend gods protect you against my wrath! "
boasts bandit bundry as he surges forward against the much smaller boy.
Action : (if Nathan passed on the first round)[url=Charge bundry the bandit against Nathan round 1][/url]: 3d6k2 7
Septon Arlyn
Septon Arlyn

Back to top Go down

Post by Nathaniel Mason Fri Nov 06, 2015 12:45 am

Nathan avoids the swing gracefully. Compared to the fury of the man's attack, he seems disturbingly calm. He had obviously been prepared for a charge.

[url=Nathan Fighting Bandit Round 2][/url]: 5d6k3+1 17

3 DoS 12-4 = 8 Damage.

Deception flashes out, cutting through the mans armor gashing a wound that ran from below his hip, up his side to his shoulder blade. Not a life threatening wound, but one designed to inflict the most amount of pain.

The young man then stepped into the bandit's blind spot, forcing him to reorient.

[url=Distract TN8][/url]: 4d6 15

[Bandit has a CD of 3 until he is next attacked]
Nathaniel Mason
Nathaniel Mason

Back to top Go down

Post by Septon Arlyn Fri Nov 06, 2015 12:55 am

Full of pain and rage, bundry lashes out at the boy wildly, vision clouded by red with flashes of light from the pain. Grunting behind the effort of the swings he leaves himself open for an easy counter attack as some muddy water runs into his eyes.

[url=Reckless attack][/url]: 4d6 12
CD 0 (5)
Health 1/9
F/I/W: 0/0/0
Septon Arlyn
Septon Arlyn

Back to top Go down

Post by Nathaniel Mason Fri Nov 06, 2015 1:12 am

With careful aim and poise, Nathan brings his sword up to meet the attack, dipping under his swing with surgical precision.

[url=Nathan Fighting Bandit Round 3][/url]: 4d6k3+1 15

4 DoS 16-4 = 12 Damage.

Bandit Defeated: Consequence Maimed.

Nathan disarms the bandit... literally. Deception slices through the man's elbow and both weapon and forearm fly over his shoulder to land in the dirt.

"
It would seem the Gods have made their will clear."
says the young 'whore' as he starts to walk back to the prisoners, sheathing his dagger and pulling out a handkerchief to clean his blade.
Nathaniel Mason
Nathaniel Mason

Back to top Go down

Post by Nathaniel Mason Fri Nov 06, 2015 2:04 am

"
If someone could bandage the man? We don't want him dying just yet."
remarked Nathan to no-one in particular. "
And if he doesn't stop screaming, gag him."

Turning, he addressed the crowd of prisoners once more.

"
Your friend is right. I am a faggot and a whore. So, you should believe me when I say that I would prefer that no more young men die today.

You may think that I was threatening you. I was not. I was simply laying out the facts of your situation. Since some of you misunderstood, let me be clear. You can cooperate, repent what you have done, seek forgiveness from the Seven, and live a long productive life serving the Night Watch honorably;
or you can join your friend on a spike.

Please believe me when I say that I truly hope you choose the former."

[url=Persuasion (Convince) - Bandits][/url]: 7d6k5 23
Nathaniel Mason
Nathaniel Mason

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next