Dragon's Dance
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

[Day 2 - LE] After a long day (Open for all)

5 posters

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

Go down

[Day 2 - LE] After a long day (Open for all) Empty [Day 2 - LE] After a long day (Open for all)

Post by Dunstan Tullison Thu Nov 05, 2015 12:08 am

Dunstan saw and thought a whole lot today, enough to make him want a drink in the same cozy little Inn he stumbled upon last night. He arrived a bit later today, just after supper in Raventree Hall.
Unlike Riverrun, where he knew every man and every woman that ever tasted a mug of ale, this lot was new to him. So he came up to the barkeep and smashed a few coins to the table
"
Drinks for all!"
he said, and sat down.

Hopefully, he would have company for the night, and maybe even someone he knew from investigator Houses would show up.

Rumors were a plenty in the time of trouble, and as he went around and exchanged greetings and drank, he tried to pick up some.

[url=Knowledge (streetwise)][/url]: 3d6 15

Dunstan Tullison

Back to top Go down

[Day 2 - LE] After a long day (Open for all) Empty Re: [Day 2 - LE] After a long day (Open for all)

Post by Septon Arlyn Thu Nov 05, 2015 12:23 am

Septon Arlyn was not used to relaxing in an inn, preferring instead to stay with the small folk and teach them the light of the seven. However that light and jovialness that bouyed the Septon up on most days was darkened by the investigation of the blackbuckle village. Heading out to the tavern where he was sure Luecian would be. Stopping by the encampment to change into some travelers clothes and change out of the begging brothers clothes (that now smelled faintly of death) Septon Arlyn put on some lavender oil to help cut the smell from a hard days travel, as well as help relax him. Septon Arlyn moved into the tavern casually and searched the crowd for the young Archer.
Septon Arlyn
Septon Arlyn

Back to top Go down

[Day 2 - LE] After a long day (Open for all) Empty Re: [Day 2 - LE] After a long day (Open for all)

Post by Dunstan Tullison Thu Nov 05, 2015 12:26 am

Dunstan shouted at the septon as soon as he entered the room

"
Septon! Over here!"
he invited him over to his table, that had a especially long-nosed fella with a taste for free booze at it already.

"
Over here, come join us"

Dunstan Tullison

Back to top Go down

Post by Septon Arlyn Thu Nov 05, 2015 12:36 am

Septon Arlyn takes notice of the young Lord and yells over the din, "
Hello and well met!"
He weaves this way through the crowd, being sure not to get knocked over in the bustle around the inn. "
Ah Lord Dustin, how has this evening been treating you? Any prospective wives for the most eligible bachelor this side of essos?"
Asks the Septon good naturedly.
Septon Arlyn
Septon Arlyn

Back to top Go down

Post by Dunstan Tullison Thu Nov 05, 2015 12:39 am

"
Well enough, thank you for asking. Do sit down, I'll have a platter of meat pie and a bottle of their finest wine for you!"
he insists.

"
And, I am married now! Tell me how are you, Haelis told me you had an unfortunate meeting with some axemen? What happened?"

Dunstan Tullison

Back to top Go down

Post by Septon Arlyn Thu Nov 05, 2015 12:58 am

"
Aye never be one to turn down a drink and meat, never know where the next might be coming from. Your married now?! Well congratulations! She must be fiendishly happy to have snagged such a handsome catch as yourself,"
flatters Septon Arlyn.

"
Yes we did have an unfortunate run in with some bandits. They saw my wagon and figured there must be some thing good in there, fortunately for me I had Goodman Luecian longbow there, he dropped two of them with his bow then knocked the one who was assailing me out with his dagger. It was a wonder to behold my Lord!"
Exclaimes Septon Arlyn enthusiastically. "
I've never seen such quickness before, twas truely a sight to behold my Lord"
Septon Arlyn's excited drawl from spending so much time around the small folk began to come out.

Grabbing a tankard of ale from the serving girl Septon Arlyn threw it back and finished it with a hardy swiggs
Septon Arlyn
Septon Arlyn

Back to top Go down

Post by Dunstan Tullison Thu Nov 05, 2015 1:18 am

The wench brings a greasy meat pie and lays it on a table. Smokes comes out of it as she cuts it in half and puts a hefty piece in a platter in from of both the septon and Dunstan. Next she fills the wooden mugs with wine so thick and black one could easily confuse it for tar. Long nosed man in their company gives her a puppy look, and after Dunstan nods at her, she pours him a mug too. Exhilarated, he start chugging it right away, staining his roughspun tunic heavily in the process.

"
Bandits? Where was that?"
Dunstan asked in a serious, concerned tone.

Dunstan Tullison

Back to top Go down

Post by Athelstan Thu Nov 05, 2015 1:30 am

Athelstan makes his way back to the Inn after a long day of work and hunting, giving the usual penny to the stable boy to take good care of the horse, stretching his legs from the ride and moving to loosen up a bit "
Time to have a nasty drink and some food"

Finally going through the door noticing two familiar faces sitting together.

There's the Dunstan, I should say a thing or two about the mines to see his... interest and reaction about it...

A smile across his face "
Lamprey pie, bread and water please"
ordering from the serving wench, and approaching the table "
Good evening, my I join you at the table lord Dunstan and Septon"
truly pleased to see the septon, but not so much for lord Dunstan, they both can behave both it's obvious they do not see eye to eye in many aspects.

Athelstan

Back to top Go down

Post by Septon Arlyn Thu Nov 05, 2015 1:31 am

On a trail from the Sept to the camps beneath the banner. It was a short cut I've used while traveling through these lands as a begging brother, but from the tree they had felled over the road and the length of the grass on the other side after we removed the tree, it appears to have been in disuse for quite some time. "
states Septon Arlyn. "
I thought that they may have been part of the attack on the Sept but they claim no knowledge of it. But they will be sent to the wall soon, along with any other miscreants whom have committed crimes against the crown."
States Septon Arlyn vehemently.
Septon Arlyn
Septon Arlyn

Back to top Go down

Post by Septon Arlyn Thu Nov 05, 2015 1:36 am

"
Athelstan! "
joyfully exclaimes Septon Arlyn. "
It is good to see you. I was just regaling Lord Dustin here with tales of my near escape from death. Although I'm sure that my Archer friend could embellish it better then I. He has quite the story of him capturing that shadow cat."
Septon Arlyn
Septon Arlyn

Back to top Go down

Post by Athelstan Thu Nov 05, 2015 1:39 am

"
Aye, I heard of it during the hunt, fine man you got there, should be your bodyguard in this troubled times, I made an offer to the Bracken's to help them repair the Sept, it's the least I can do to help around here"
smiling and looking at lord Dunstan still if he would mind him sitting or not, after all he was still a lord at the table.

Athelstan

Back to top Go down

Post by Septon Arlyn Thu Nov 05, 2015 1:44 am

"
That is a kind thing you did there, offering to help the Sept, in sure they will need all the help they can get. The gods would look kindly on that action."
Septon Arlyn pauses for a moment to see if Lord Dustin would offer the ironborn a spot at the table before asking the question he has been wondering. "
So who is your friend here?"
Gesturing to the long nosed man at the table
Septon Arlyn
Septon Arlyn

Back to top Go down

Post by Athelstan Thu Nov 05, 2015 1:47 am

"
I am making an effort to redeem myself septon, let's hope after a year my attempts bring even a small sign of it"
turning to look at Dunstan "
The mines was an interesting place lord Dunstan"
hoping to see and if possible what he knew about it.

Athelstan

Back to top Go down

Post by Luecian LongBow Thu Nov 05, 2015 1:50 am

Luecian stumbles back into the Inn after a brief walk and bout of fresh air. Having been sharing drink's previously with Ser Theomore, he feels ready for round 2,3 and well possibly beyond his count. Seeing the septon he somewhat gracefully stumbles over and cries out "
Septon, surely wasn't expecting to see yerself here!"
He looks around at the last minute, as if he just realized the other drinkers.

Last edited by 183 on Thu Nov 05, 2015 2:00 am; edited 1 time in total
Luecian LongBow
Luecian LongBow

Back to top Go down

Post by Lady Corrine Marsten Thu Nov 05, 2015 1:56 am

Corrine sweeps in, clad in riding leathers and a wool cloak, and sits heavily down by Dunstan with a tired sigh, pulling off her gloves.

"
Is it truly only our second day at this?"
she asks, rhetorically, though her frustration is apparent. Her face and hands bear a few tiny scratches and scrapes from her hunting ordeal earlier, and she looks weary &
drained.
Lady Corrine Marsten
Lady Corrine Marsten

Back to top Go down

Post by Athelstan Thu Nov 05, 2015 2:00 am

"
Well yes it is, how did the hunting go lady Corrine, did you get a new pelt or just scratches to show for it??"
a simple taunt and more of a playful jest knowing full well Corrine will boast of her amazing catch.

Athelstan

Back to top Go down

Post by Lady Corrine Marsten Thu Nov 05, 2015 2:13 am

She is quickly furnished with a mug of ale. She manages a modest smile as she takes her first, much-needed drink.

"
Well, you know how it went, but for the benefit of those here who were absent, I felled a silver shadowcat. However, I was ambushed by it's mate, and Master Luecian gallantly came to my rescue."
Lady Corrine Marsten
Lady Corrine Marsten

Back to top Go down

Post by Luecian LongBow Thu Nov 05, 2015 2:19 am

Luecian looks up at his name and smiles at the table's occupants. "
Twas a day m'lady, quite the day. Not sure'n I met all you fine fellows, begging me pardon. Most call me Luecian LongBow good sers. Pleased to be making your acquaints."
Luecian LongBow
Luecian LongBow

Back to top Go down

Post by Lady Corrine Marsten Thu Nov 05, 2015 2:25 am

Corrine nods respectfully to him.

"
Indeed, you were very brave. My friends, this man saved my life today."
Lady Corrine Marsten
Lady Corrine Marsten

Back to top Go down

Post by Septon Arlyn Thu Nov 05, 2015 2:50 am

"
And he saved mine the day before!"
Proclamation's Septon Arlyn boastfully. "
If he keeps this up we might just have to name the Dulver archers after him, not that it would go to his head at all"
jokes Septon Arlyn. "
So you both got yourselves a shadow cat"
remarks Septon Arlyn. "
That is quite the amazing feat. I'm sure the singers with have quite the story to tell."

although probably not as much of one as Goodman Luecian will speak of

"
My lady,"
Septon Arlyn calls to the bar maid, "
get this man here some of the finest bottle of wine you have, compliments of your grace Goodman Luecian longbow"
states Septon Arlyn, giving an exaggerated wink
Septon Arlyn
Septon Arlyn

Back to top Go down

Post by Lady Corrine Marsten Thu Nov 05, 2015 2:55 am

"
Perhaps a bard can compose a song about him,"
Corrine suggests, cheering up significantly. "
The Bold Arrow of Dulver!"

She tips her mug towards Luecian.

"
I shall let you tell the tale. I hear you're a fine storyteller. And the day's glory is surely yours, for your valour."
Lady Corrine Marsten
Lady Corrine Marsten

Back to top Go down

Post by Luecian LongBow Thu Nov 05, 2015 3:11 am

Luecian smiles contently soaking in all the attention. "
Well must be admitting the good lady here proved herself quite the huntress...outta nowhere she took a shadowcat down with 2 arrows as I settled in position in me hiding spot. Sure enough she got a bit overcited as tends to happen in such moments and let her guard down. One moment I was disappointingly watching her claim the beasts claws as trophies and the next I seen another big cat starting to lounge at her from surprise! I fired an arrow off a bit rushed but as quick as me could and it twas just enough to change the beasts trajectory. M'lady scampered away as best she could with out taking any lethal blows. I fired me next arrow a bit more carefully and managed to drop the beast right as it fell on top of her with it's dying breath. Don't be doubtin it was a near thing, but all's well that end's well. A toast to the brave huntress, not many take on two shadowcats and live to tell the tale!"
He raises his recently received mug in toast.
Luecian LongBow
Luecian LongBow

Back to top Go down

Post by Lady Corrine Marsten Thu Nov 05, 2015 3:17 am

"
To Luecian Longbow, Bane of Shadowcats!"
Corrine grins, toasting her saviour.
Lady Corrine Marsten
Lady Corrine Marsten

Back to top Go down

Post by Septon Arlyn Thu Nov 05, 2015 3:19 am

"
To Lady Corinne!"
Septon Arlyn raised his mug of thick black wine in salute. "
May we all find the successes in our own personal hunts that these two found in theirs."
Septon Arlyn declares.
Septon Arlyn
Septon Arlyn

Back to top Go down

Post by Luecian LongBow Thu Nov 05, 2015 3:26 am

Turning to the fierce ironborn warrior at the table, Luecian attempts to strike up a conversation."
You be Master Athelstan right good ser? I heard many the stories of your cat like reflexes and skillful axe work from a recent tourney at the Twins I be thinkin it was. Many the tavern goer told stories of the ironborn warrior's victories and ferociousness."
Luecian LongBow
Luecian LongBow

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next