Dragon's Dance
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

[Day 2 - LE] After a long day (Open for all)

5 posters

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2

Go down

[Day 2 - LE] After a long day (Open for all) - Page 2 Empty Re: [Day 2 - LE] After a long day (Open for all)

Post by Athelstan Thu Nov 05, 2015 4:39 am

"
Just Athelstan you give to much of an honor to someone like me, well that's how you fight when there i no oath's to make you stay your axe. You fight with all you got and making every hit maim, kill, and break your opponents, I feel sorry for a lot of knights there. I also had a good chat with Ser Theomore after that, he was spectating, and I think I earned a score more of gruesome title to add to my name"
no smile just a shrug "
Not my fault most people have never really seen an ironborn fight seriously and unbound"

Athelstan

Back to top Go down

[Day 2 - LE] After a long day (Open for all) - Page 2 Empty Re: [Day 2 - LE] After a long day (Open for all)

Post by Luecian LongBow Thu Nov 05, 2015 12:11 pm

Giving the warrior a smile, Luecian nods his head in assent. "
As a hunter I hear your words and they sink home. You give all ye got to kill your quarry and survive, tis the law of nature. Me ownself appreciates such stories and such skill ...long as I not be staring cross at ye from the other side of your axe good man ."
He finishes with a riot of laughter, clearly amused at his own words. Well truth be told amusement hinted with the tiniest bit of nervousness.
Luecian LongBow
Luecian LongBow

Back to top Go down

Post by Lady Corrine Marsten Thu Nov 05, 2015 2:40 pm

Athelstan wrote:"
Just Athelstan you give to much of an honor to someone like me, well that's how you fight when there i no oath's to make you stay your axe. You fight with all you got and making every hit maim, kill, and break your opponents, I feel sorry for a lot of knights there. I also had a good chat with Ser Theomore after that, he was spectating, and I think I earned a score more of gruesome title to add to my name"
no smile just a shrug "
Not my fault most people have never really seen an ironborn fight seriously and unbound"

Corrine watches Athelstan silently, thoughtful, as he speaks to Luecian. Trying to analyse his words.

He keeps mentioning things like 'being unbound' and 'not having to stay one's axe'. Is that a way to disparage me? Is he still angry that I asked him not to kill Baelon?

You didn't make him yield. Let him be bitter. It's his problem, not yours.

It will be my problem if he causes trouble for me because of it.
Lady Corrine Marsten
Lady Corrine Marsten

Back to top Go down

Post by Dunstan Tullison Thu Nov 05, 2015 3:28 pm

Dunstan stared at the wall for a bit, thinking about the bandits that attacked the septon.

"
Athelstan, sorry, I got lost in my own minds. Do sit down, let's get two tables together!"
he stood up himself and adapted the room so it has enough chairs and tables for all.

"
Did you see them? I hope they will fix them quickly."
he said and took a gulp of wine.

When other friends came he welcomed the,m all as well, especially Lady Corrine, and introduced himself to the handsome young archer, thanking him for saving the septon's life.

Dunstan Tullison

Back to top Go down

Post by Athelstan Thu Nov 05, 2015 6:11 pm

Athelstan nods to Dunstan "
It was indeed terrible, but the culprits will be found, but then again today's hero is him"
Athelstan points to Lucien "
Splendid job keeping lady Corrine alive, I'm sure lord benedict will be delighted to meet you and thank you himself, it would be the least he could do, and Ser Kevan also"

Athelstan

Back to top Go down

Post by Dunstan Tullison Thu Nov 05, 2015 7:52 pm

"
Yes, thank you!

Was that at a Bracken hunt? Why would he have a hunt right now?"
Dunstan is puzzled.

Dunstan Tullison

Back to top Go down

Post by Lady Corrine Marsten Thu Nov 05, 2015 8:27 pm

"
Ben and I have met Luecian before, at the Riverrun tourney last year. Though, I'm sure Ben will be as happy to see Luecian again as I was, given today's events."
Lady Corrine Marsten
Lady Corrine Marsten

Back to top Go down

Post by Septon Arlyn Thu Nov 05, 2015 10:54 pm

Septon Arlyn looks surprised, "
you met this rascal already my Lady?"
Asks Septon Arlyn, then turning to Luecian, "
my boy, you certainly get around! Next I'll be hearing you met the princess and she owes you a favor, I'll wager."
Jokes the fat Septon.
Septon Arlyn
Septon Arlyn

Back to top Go down

Post by Luecian LongBow Fri Nov 06, 2015 1:15 am

Luecian laughs along with Septon Arlyn. "
Not that I be knowin Septon, but if you hear different, must be letting me know!"

Luecian turns to Lord Dunstan and continues "
Much pleased to meet ya m'lord. Tis an honor surely. No doubtin the septon was a brave sight. Not every man of the cloth would charge a bandit rather than seek safety when they be having the chance. Reckon it was a mighty surprise to that bandit to see a man of the cloth scream and charge at em."
Luecian LongBow
Luecian LongBow

Back to top Go down

Post by Septon Arlyn Fri Nov 06, 2015 1:38 am

"
Aye must have been a terrifying sight. Right up to the point where I nearly trips over my own sandals in the haste I was moving. I'm sure that I missed him because he was nearly doubled over laughing at my own clumsiness."
Laughs Septon Arlyn. Getting slightly more serious he continues, "
but I don't doubt a single man at this table wouldn't charge into the thick of things to save one of their own,"
he states matter of factly.
Septon Arlyn
Septon Arlyn

Back to top Go down

Post by Dunstan Tullison Fri Nov 06, 2015 4:01 pm

"
Pleasure is all mine! Have a mug of ale on me!"
Dunstan says and orders drinks for everyone.

A long-nosed man sees that as a sign and pulls out his lute. Dunstan nods approvingly and he moves to a tall chair in the corner and starts chanting the old bawdy tune.

"
I am most pleased House Dulver produces heroes as well as turnips. The world needs both!"

Dunstan Tullison

Back to top Go down

Post by Athelstan Fri Nov 06, 2015 5:15 pm

"
We sure need some heroes and man that do not sway for this investigation, if things are going to be kept true and honest"
Athelstan adds "
Turnips to, it's hard to work without food and turnips are great. I once ate a bravosi dish of mashed turnips with bacon it was delicious!"
nodding to himself and almost slobbering at the thought of such food "
One day I'll have some more"

You will have to raid another Bravosi ship for that and keep a thrall that can cook it, then again you are no lord to have something like that.

Athelstan

Back to top Go down

Post by Lady Corrine Marsten Fri Nov 06, 2015 11:48 pm

"
How is Lady Aofie, Dunstan?"
Corrine asks, sipping her ale. She still wasn't quite used to the bitterness of it, but she was beginning to acquire a taste for the stuff. "
I haven't been able to write as often as I'd like."
Lady Corrine Marsten
Lady Corrine Marsten

Back to top Go down

Post by Septon Arlyn Sat Nov 07, 2015 12:20 am

Septon Arlyn blushes at the mention of heros, or possibly from the drink. "
Nay, My Lord. Tis that House Dulver has a strong commitment to the Faith, King, and it's fellow man"
States Septon Arlyn bashfully. "
We are No great heo's like the Last Hero from the long night. Mear men are who walk Lord Dulvers halls, Not like Ser Jorah himself, from House Coldbrook. I hear he even has a song written about him!"
Exclaims Septon Arlyn.

Then breaking out into drunken singing;

For an hour they duelled, the Just and the Cruel, the sun beating down on their heads,
Til with a mighty roar, Ser Jorah poured forth, a blow that struck the man dead,
'Oh, so valiant a feat, to save one such as me, truly you are sent by the gods',
'No doubt that's true, as I did run the man through, but I simply call it my job

Oh, prick up your ears,
and raise up your beers,
For the downtrodden's champion is here,
Raise up your head,
for we're not yet dead,
and now there is nothing to fear.

(lovingly stolen from here viewtopic.php?f=161&
t=1515#p39213
)
Septon Arlyn
Septon Arlyn

Back to top Go down

Post by Dunstan Tullison Sat Nov 07, 2015 3:15 pm

Lady Corrine Marsten wrote:"
Corrine asks, sipping her ale. She still wasn't quite used to the bitterness of it, but she was beginning to acquire a taste for the stuff. "

"
Lady Aofie is doing very well."
Dunstan says.

"
It seems like she is enjoying her new home. She rides out often, and hawks, plus Lady Moraine too ka liking to her. They go along really well."

Dunstan Tullison

Back to top Go down

Post by Lady Corrine Marsten Sat Nov 07, 2015 3:33 pm

Dunstan Tullison wrote:
Lady Corrine Marsten wrote:"

"
Lady Aofie is doing very well."
Dunstan says.

"
It seems like she is enjoying her new home. She rides out often, and hawks, plus Lady Moraine too ka liking to her. They go along really well."

"
I am very glad to hear it. I'm happy that your mother is doing better too. I imagine that is a great weight off your mind."
Lady Corrine Marsten
Lady Corrine Marsten

Back to top Go down

Post by Septon Arlyn Sun Nov 08, 2015 2:27 am

[url=Streetwise rumour day 2][/url]: 4d6 13
Septon Arlyn
Septon Arlyn

Back to top Go down

Post by Athelstan Sun Nov 08, 2015 2:38 am

[url=Streetwise for rumors][/url]: 2d6 3

[ooc]I hear nothing of the sort lol[/ooc]

Athelstan

Back to top Go down

Post by Luecian LongBow Sun Nov 08, 2015 2:57 am

(I'm going to shamelessly copy these other good folks...)
[url=Streetwise Rumor-Day 2][/url]: 2d6 11
Luecian LongBow
Luecian LongBow

Back to top Go down

Post by Dunstan Tullison Sun Nov 08, 2015 5:48 pm

As others start asking about rumours, Dunstan smiles. His long nosed bard friend already told him a saucy rumour or two.

"
Why ask them?"
he smiles and orders another round of drinks for all.

"
Play my favorite!"
he tells his bard companion and he starts strumming immediately.

Stallions are meek
Look good but can be pretty weak
If you look for a while
you'll see a jackass in denial

He’s a well-bred ass,
you can see it in his stride!
And for a copper penny he will let you take a ride!

Dunstan Tullison

Back to top Go down

Post by Lady Corrine Marsten Sun Nov 08, 2015 6:14 pm

"
Of course you'd pick a bawdy one,"
Corrine giggles. "
Have you heard 'The Landlord's Daughter?"
Lady Corrine Marsten
Lady Corrine Marsten

Back to top Go down

Post by Dunstan Tullison Sun Nov 08, 2015 6:19 pm

"
No. Will you sing it for me?"

Dunstan Tullison

Back to top Go down

Post by Lady Corrine Marsten Sun Nov 08, 2015 6:31 pm

Corrine blushes bright pink, and laughs, but she downs the rest of her ale and stands up to sing. She is embarrassed at first, but soon begins to enjoy the fun of being a bit naughty. Her sweet singing voice is an amusing contrast to the words of the lusty song, but, with the bard and several guardsmen and other patrons joining in, it carries off just fine. She even puts her arm suggestively around a serving girl when she comes to fill everyone's cups.

Much has been said of the strumpets of yore
Of wenches and bawdy house queens by the score
But I sing of the baggage that we all adore
The Landlord's Daughter

Oh, her lips are as rose as her wine is a treat
Her whisky is good and her figure is neat
And while she is serving her bitter she's sweet
The landlord's daughter.

You'll never love another
Although she's not the kind of girl
To take home to your mother

Her ale it is lively and strong to the taste
It is brewed with discretion and never with haste
You can have all you like If you swear not to waste
The Landlord's Daughter

And when her name is mentioned
The parts of every gentleman
Do stand up at attention

Now there's Jane of the Blossom and Doll of the Crown
Pretty Kate of the Garter and Star down in town
Fat Dolly who keeps the Red Heart of renown
But I'll take the landlord's daughter.

Oh, nothing can delight so
As does the part that lies between
Her left toe and her right toe.

https://youtu.be/HbbVISOtI5w
Lady Corrine Marsten
Lady Corrine Marsten

Back to top Go down

Post by Dunstan Tullison Mon Nov 09, 2015 9:13 pm

"
Congratulations! You have a lovely singing voice, didn't know that about you. Your little daughter must be sleaping like an angel when you sing lullabies to her"
Dunstan says, not without some contempt caused by his son being fostered away.

OOC: Song Dunstan sang, well a part of it, is from Kingkiller Chronicles - a book series that's just awesome:) If you want some quality fantasy to read check it out.

Dunstan Tullison

Back to top Go down

Post by Lady Corrine Marsten Mon Nov 09, 2015 10:34 pm

Dunstan Tullison wrote:"
Congratulations! You have a lovely singing voice, didn't know that about you. Your little daughter must be sleaping like an angel when you sing lullabies to her"
Dunstan says, not without some contempt caused by his son being fostered away.

OOC: Song Dunstan sang, well a part of it, is from Kingkiller Chronicles - a book series that's just awesome:) If you want some quality fantasy to read check it out.

"
Thank you, Dunstan,"
Corrine replies, though decides not to speak of Bethany at that point, sensing tension in Dunstan's voice.

"
I should retire. I think that used the last of my energy for the day,"
she admits, and politely extricates herself, heading for her rooms.
Lady Corrine Marsten
Lady Corrine Marsten

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2