Dragon's Dance
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Stride far (closed D2 EN)

3 posters

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

Go down

Stride far (closed D2 EN) Empty Stride far (closed D2 EN)

Post by Yoren longshore Sat Nov 07, 2015 12:02 pm

During the small hours a tall cloaked figure enters the inn. He carries a pack with him, carefully, lovingly even, wrapped in to avoid it getting damaged. Walking up through the inn he reaches the room he was aiming for, knocking firmly he says: "
Corrine? Could you let me in? It's Yoren."

OOC:
Stats
initiative: [url=status Vs Corrine stride far thread.][/url]: 4d6 12 (roll your status to find your own initiative.)
disposition: Amiable. (Here you simply state how you feel towards Yoren. You get certain bonuses from disposition. as I am amiable I get a plus one to persuade you, but I only have a damage reduction of 3.)
Objective: favour of bringing a gift in secret to Benjicot, helping finding Athelstan a wife will be added. (You put your own objective here.)
ID 10 (here you add cunning, status, and awareness.)
Composure: 15 (here you add will*3)
Frustration: 0 (I can explain that when we get to it.)

You'll most likely win initiative. Then you choose an action. Read target is a good way to start, as then you get to know my disposition and objective, and get a plus one dice on all your persuasion rolls. However, this only happens if your Awareness will beat my passive deception. (Which is 4*Deception, so in my case 12 (Deception 3*4)) for a full explanation and more actions look in your book. If you have any questions just ask, and if you didn't like the system we may simply retcon and say that you didn't want to let me in at the start.Smile

Yoren longshore

Back to top Go down

Stride far (closed D2 EN) Empty Re: Stride far (closed D2 EN)

Post by Baelon Drakeson Sat Nov 07, 2015 1:52 pm

[Some tips:

• I recommend having your intrigue &
    combat stats in a nice block format on your character sheet - then you can just copy and paste at the start of the combat/intrigue and replace the written die values with appropriate rolls. For instance, I have this in my character sheet:
    Intrigue
    Initiative: 4d6+2
    Status(Breeding): 4d6+2 [vs Status 4+ only;
    TN = opponents ID, pool of bonus dice: 1-2 DoS: 1b, 3-4 DoS: 2b]
    Disposition: ? (+# persuasion, #DR)
    Intrigue Defense: 9
    Composure: 9/9
    Frustration: 0

Combat
    Initiative: 3d6-3
    Combat Defense: 11 (Base 10, -3 Armor, +4 shield) AR 10, Bulk 4
    Health: 9/9
    F/I/W: 0/0/0
    Ok, that's a bit of a lie, I had basic stuff in there, but not all of it, but when I thought of it as a tip I fleshed it all out. :mrgreen:
    [/*Ⓜ37resbkr]
  • Don't forget your modifiers, like the +2 to Status tests for Head of House. Of course, those should be built into the statblock where appropriate.[/*Ⓜ37resbkr]
]
Baelon Drakeson
Baelon Drakeson

Back to top Go down

Post by Lady Corrine Marsten Sat Nov 07, 2015 2:21 pm

Corrine had been sat on the edge of the bed for what felt like an age. After Kevan had left, the room was so quiet. It felt colder without Ben there, and for all that she was still angry with him, she wanted him to return.

As she is wishing to reverse time yet again, she hears Yoren calling and knocking. She stands, and goes to the door, wiping her tearful eyes before opening it.

"
Yoren. Hello. Is everything alright?"

[url=Initiative][/url]: 5d6+2 20
Objective: Find out what Yoren wants before letting him in.
Disposition: Amiable
Intrigue Defense: 9
Composure: 12/12
Lady Corrine Marsten
Lady Corrine Marsten

Back to top Go down

Post by Yoren longshore Sun Nov 08, 2015 1:52 pm

"
Yes, all is fine, I just wanted to talk to you, and assumed that you hadn't gone to bed... Can I come in?"

OOC
You won initiative (You rolled a 20- I rolled 12.) That means that you get to "
strike first"
You have several options. Trying to figure Yorens objective would be a read target action. If you simply wish to consider (to gain 2 bonus dice to your next action) or simply wish to peruade me to state my objectives, that is also valid actions. You may also have other objectives (like getting Athelstan out of Ben's face) which would also be written as an objective.
Also I think your Intrigue defence is wrong: You have a 5 in status, so unless you have 2 in both cunning and awareness that should be higher.

Yoren longshore

Back to top Go down

Post by Lady Corrine Marsten Sun Nov 08, 2015 4:56 pm

[ooc: Corrine has 3 in Awareness, with a 1B in Empathy. What should her Initiative be? Also, she would relent and let Yoren in at this point, so how would that work? I expect that, once they get talking about Athelstan, another intrigue will arise.]
Lady Corrine Marsten
Lady Corrine Marsten

Back to top Go down

Post by Yoren longshore Sun Nov 08, 2015 5:07 pm

OOC
If you have 3 awareness 5 status and 2 cunning you'll have 10 intrigue defence.
We could do an intrigue on whether or not you should be opening the door, but it would be unwieldy. What would be simpler is if you simply update objectives and start the intrigue. You not opening the door is a part of the bigger intrigue. you'll position yourself to make Yoren frustrated by making him stand outside, so when you let him in he'll be relieved, it's all a part of the intrigue. The intrigue is started, now Corrine may strike.

Yoren longshore

Back to top Go down

Post by Lady Corrine Marsten Sun Nov 08, 2015 6:19 pm

Yoren longshore wrote:OOC
If you have 3 awareness 5 status and 2 cunning you'll have 10 intrigue defence.
We could do an intrigue on whether or not you should be opening the door, but it would be unwieldy. What would be simpler is if you simply update objectives and start the intrigue. You not opening the door is a part of the bigger intrigue. you'll position yourself to make Yoren frustrated by making him stand outside, so when you let him in he'll be relieved, it's all a part of the intrigue. The intrigue is started, now Corrine may strike.

[In short, should she let him in now or not?]
Lady Corrine Marsten
Lady Corrine Marsten

Back to top Go down

Post by Yoren longshore Sun Nov 08, 2015 6:23 pm

She should do what Corrine would do.
It has no mechanical difference, only a RP one.

Yoren longshore

Back to top Go down

Post by Lady Corrine Marsten Sun Nov 08, 2015 6:34 pm

"
I should probably be abed,"
Corrine admits. "
But I hadn't gotten round to it yet. Please, come in."

She stands back to open the door further, and closes it behind him.

"
Have a seat. To what do I owe this visit?"
Lady Corrine Marsten
Lady Corrine Marsten

Back to top Go down

Post by Yoren longshore Sun Nov 08, 2015 6:58 pm

Yoren puts a heavy packet on the night stand before he seats himself. "
Athelstan spoke of what information you had to share with him, and we're grateful, it'll probably be of help to us. However, give someone a hand and they'll take the entire arm"
- Yoren winks before continuing- "
And I need this gift delivered, however, the recipient shouldn't know that I sent it. No one should. Could you sneak it in so that nobody knows of it?"

OOC
Now you may take an action, to break down my composure. If uncertain on what action is the best, then simply rolling to charm or convince me of something is probably the best.

Yoren longshore

Back to top Go down

Post by Lady Corrine Marsten Sun Nov 08, 2015 7:17 pm

Corrine takes a long look at the package, then back at Yoren, suspiciously.

"
What is it, and who is the indented recipient?"
she enquires.

Objective: Make Yoren answer truthfully.
Initiative, Corrine, Yoren
Intrigue Defense: 10/10
Composure: 12/12

[url=Convince (Yoren)][/url]: 6d6k5+3 27
(-2 because I used the wrong Disposition modifier)
Total = 25
Lady Corrine Marsten
Lady Corrine Marsten

Back to top Go down

Post by Yoren longshore Sun Nov 08, 2015 7:46 pm

"
Benjicot, I want him to get this gift, though if I gift him in public people may think that I'm going to play favourites with my evidence... He needs something fun to do with his time, not just chores."
Yoren leans slightly forwards: "
Where is Ben? Maybe he should check it before you give Benjicot this present? It may be that Ben is opposed to this kind of gift, after all..."

OOC
Initiative: 12
objective:Corrine doing the favour of bringing a gift in secret to Benjicot, helping finding Athelstan a wife.

Note the objective should be the overarching plan, like getting Athelstan of your back, not something that needs to be updated each round;
) Apart from that I can tell you that Corrine knows her intrigues, she knows them far too well. Razz

Disposition Amiable
ID 10
Composure: 2/15
explanation:
You rolled 25, which is 4dos as my intrigue defence is 10. These 4 dos multiply with your will (Which I assume is 4 as your composure is 12) Therefore you deal 16 (4*4) frustration. I have a DR of 3 as I am amiable towards you, so I reduce it to 13. Those 13 I subtract from my composure, and I am left with only 2 composure!

Now I strike back, using the same technique:
[url=Make Corrine deliver the package.][/url]: 5d6k4 18 I add one as I am amiable, for a roll of 19.

Your intrigue defence is 10, so my roll of 19 does 2dos. I deal 10 frustration as my will is 5 (2*5=10) you take away 3 damage from your amiable disposition. I therefore deal 7 frustration to you, which should be subtracted from your composure.

Yoren longshore

Back to top Go down

Post by Lady Corrine Marsten Sun Nov 08, 2015 7:56 pm

"
I'm sure Ben will want to see it when he returns, yes,"
Corrine replies stiffly, her anger with Ben still hot. "
But, from your wording, it sounds like it must be a toy or game of some sort. Am I correct? Surely harmless enough. Just tell me."

Objective: Find out about the package, and get Yoren's help in dealing with Athelstan.
Intrigue Defense: 10
Composure: 5/12

[url=Convince Yoren][/url]: 6d6k5+1 25
[url=Attractive reroll][/url]: 1d6 4 (no change, as not higher than lowest kept dice)
Lady Corrine Marsten
Lady Corrine Marsten

Back to top Go down

Post by Lady Corrine Marsten Sun Nov 08, 2015 7:59 pm

[ooc: Wait, isn't Amiable only a modifier of 1, not 3? If Amiable is +3, my result would be 27.]
Lady Corrine Marsten
Lady Corrine Marsten

Back to top Go down

Post by Yoren longshore Sun Nov 08, 2015 8:16 pm

Yoren looks taken aback by Corrines stiff reply, and when he looks up at her tired face he sees her emotional duress and quickly tells: "
it's just a book... I... I just thought it would be a nice book to give, when I was little it was my favourite book too. I've all but memorised it."

He thinks for a moment about whether he dares to ask, but decides that it may be sonething he can help with: "
What's wrong Corrine? Have you been crying? Is there anything I can help you with?"
He asks tentatively, afraid of another outburst.

Yield offer
Yoren is an inferior talker, and he will be defeated next round. He therefore makes a yield offer. Corrine delivers Yorens book to Benjicot and Yoren will help Corrine, or you may decline my yield offer, beat me, and simply make me deal with Athelstan, without you having to do anything in return. You are victorious regardless. :;
): Normal roleplay can now proceed. And Yoren will be a lot more meek and easier to deal with, as you successfully impressed your state of mind upon him.

Yoren longshore

Back to top Go down

Post by Baelon Drakeson Sun Nov 08, 2015 8:20 pm

Yoren longshore wrote:Your intrigue defence is 10, so my roll of 19 does 2dos. I deal 10 frustration as my will is 5 (2*5=10) you take away 3 damage from your amiable disposition. I therefore deal 7 frustration to you, which should be subtracted from your composure.
[OOC: just a quick terminological note to prevent possible miscommunications (though context would probably make it clear): the term 'frustration' in the above should actually be 'influence'. Frustration works kind of like injuries or wounds in combat - you can choose to take one or more points of frustration to reduce the influence done to you (by your Will each), though there is no point in doing so if the influence would not defeat you, as each point of frustration gives you a -1D on tests for the remainder of the intrigue. However, unlike injuries and wounds frustration does not have to be healed - all frustration is automatically removed at the end of the intrigue. You can take up to a maximum of your Will in frustration]

Lady Corrine Marsten wrote:[ooc: Wait, isn't Amiable only a modifier of 1, not 3? If Amiable is +3, my result would be 27.]
[OOC: you have it right;
it gives a +1 bonus to your persuasion tests, but also provides 3 DR against your opponent's influence actions.]
Baelon Drakeson
Baelon Drakeson

Back to top Go down

Post by Yoren longshore Sun Nov 08, 2015 8:23 pm

Baelon wrote:
Yoren longshore wrote:Your intrigue defence is 10, so my roll of 19 does 2dos. I deal 10 frustration as my will is 5 (2*5=10) you take away 3 damage from your amiable disposition. I therefore deal 7 frustration to you, which should be subtracted from your composure.
[OOC: just a quick terminological note to prevent possible miscommunications (though context would probably make it clear): the term 'frustration' in the above should actually be 'influence'. Frustration works kind of like injuries or wounds in combat - you can choose to take one or more points of frustration to reduce the influence done to you (by your Will each), though there is no point in doing so if the influence would not defeat you, as each point of frustration gives you a -1D on tests for the remainder of the intrigue. However, unlike injuries and wounds frustration does not have to be healed - all frustration is automatically removed at the end of the intrigue. You can take up to a maximum of your Will in frustration]

Lady Corrine Marsten wrote:[ooc: Wait, isn't Amiable only a modifier of 1, not 3? If Amiable is +3, my result would be 27.]
[OOC: you have it right;
it gives a +1 bonus to your persuasion tests, but also provides 3 DR against your opponent's influence actions.]

What Baelon said is all correct, exept that it's a -1 not a -1D. Sorry if I've confused you further Corrine Embarassed

Yoren longshore

Back to top Go down

Post by Lady Corrine Marsten Sun Nov 08, 2015 8:26 pm

[Yield accepted.]

Corrine looks as though she might cry, but she forces herself to stay composed. Her demeanour becomes softer towards Yoren;

"
I'm sorry if I was brusque there, Yoren. It is nothing to do with you. I'm just a bit on edge. Ben &
I had a bit of a..."

Fight.

"
... heated disagreement. That's all."

You're learning, but you're still terrible at hiding.

She offers him a tight smile;

"
A book is a kind gift, and I'm sure Benji will appreciate that he's being thought of. He's in such a difficult place right now."

Her voice crackles with barely contained sorrow;

"
No-one should lose a parent so young."

A tear escapes her eye, but she hastily wipes it away, reddening a little with shame at letting herself get upset in front of someone.
Lady Corrine Marsten
Lady Corrine Marsten

Back to top Go down

Post by Baelon Drakeson Sun Nov 08, 2015 8:35 pm

Yoren longshore wrote:What Baelon said is all correct, exept that it's a -1 not a -1D. Sorry if I've confused you further Corrine Embarassed
[OOC: Per page 150 of the rulebook: "
...each point of frustration gained imposes –1D on all Deception and Persuasion tests for the duration of the intrigue."
Further discussion should be moved to the mechanics thread though, as this has shifted to an RP scene.]
Baelon Drakeson
Baelon Drakeson

Back to top Go down

Post by Yoren longshore Sun Nov 08, 2015 8:37 pm

Yoren calmly reaches out a hand to lay over Corrines back: "
it's none of my business, so just tell me to lay off if you wish to, however, sometimes talking may help. What was the argument about, I'm certain that it was nothing that cannot be fixed..."

Yoren comfortingly strokes her shoulder with one hand as he looks at the table where he put the wonders of the world. perhaps she'll need one as much as Benjicot? Yoren thinks to himself as he listens to Corrine.

Yoren longshore

Back to top Go down

Post by Lady Corrine Marsten Sun Nov 08, 2015 9:01 pm

Corrine does not stop the hand on her shoulder. Despite not being especially close to Yoren, the contact was comforting.

"
You might be able to help, actually. It was, in large part, about Athelstan. Ben doesn't trust him around me, as he's been a bit flirtatious towards me, and I did not help by being honest about it. I rather thought a year would have changed things, but it seems things with the three of us are not fully resolved. Ben left a while ago. It hasn't helped that Ben &
I are both feeling the strain of our task already, and missing Bethany."

She tries to speak calmly, though her chin wobbles a little with emotion.
Lady Corrine Marsten
Lady Corrine Marsten

Back to top Go down

Post by Yoren longshore Sun Nov 08, 2015 9:22 pm

Hearing that she has spoken her piece Yoren decides to start by making the situation a little lighter, playing on Corrines motherly instincts : "
I miss Beth, and I've never even met her."

Yoren had never met a mother who didn't like to have her daughter commended. He then continue: "
What you have to understand is that Ben is in a difficult spot. It's not that he doesn't trust you, it's simply that he feels that he should be able to do something about it. He cannot deal with it simply on brute strengths, as that could have severe repercussions, he cannot really complain, as long as Athelstan has only had wandering eyes-or eye in this instance.
We should all four of us sit down in a private place one day and talk, we have a lot to discuss, that's for sure. I promise you that Athelstan will be quelled if we simply have a sitdown, we can do that, that will not be a problem."

Yoren looks at the package as he speaks: "
The problem lies in how you react to it. I suspect that when you see that it always ends in a row, you'll stop telling him about any wandering eyes, which will only serve to make him more suspicious. Instead you'll have to tell him of these instances, but at the same time teach him to become more accepting. If I were Ben I'd feel like less of a man when he cannot stop oogling. In addition he's not in charge, on rank subservient to his wife, no man would like this. Couple in a few more insecurities and you have a man that may go rampaging. Love him, and understand his fears, and he'll soon enough learn that he has nothing to fear."

Yoren simply sits still talking to Corrine, trying to lessen her emotional duress.

Yoren longshore

Back to top Go down

Post by Lady Corrine Marsten Sun Nov 08, 2015 10:30 pm

"
Yes. Perhaps we should all have a proper, frank talk. Get it out, instead of trying to avoid it. I don't want to hurt my husband, or cause a diplomatic incident. I don't want to hurt anyone, for that matter. But, as you say, I should not keep secrets from Ben either."

She sighs heavily, but is starting to gradually calm down.

"
I cannot claim to be totally innocent in this matter. My gaze can wander too, at times. I don't think anyone, married or not, is immune to base desire. It shames me that my eyes and mind can be unfaithful, no matter how devoted my heart is. I'd never act on it, but how can I convince Ben?"

She suddenly recalls a point at the Riverrun tourney;

"
Actually, whatever happened to Elize Cox? I take it Athelstan did not win her over after all?"
Lady Corrine Marsten
Lady Corrine Marsten

Back to top Go down

Post by Yoren longshore Sun Nov 08, 2015 10:42 pm

"
You hurt him more if you try to hide it from him, because it will come out, you'll just have to toughen him up a little, so that he simply dismisses it as casual glances."

"
There is few ways to get rid of lust for others, apart from desensitise yourself through experience, but hopefully that's out of the question."
Yoren chuckles: "
Ben thinks the same things, and so does most other lords and ladies, although few are as brave as you and admit to it."

"
Cox seemed to be good, however, as bannermen of Gorman Tully it was not going to work out, he and Athelstan has a troubled past. Regardless, you and me can sort out this situation together, don't worry about that."

Yoren longshore

Back to top Go down

Post by Lady Corrine Marsten Mon Nov 09, 2015 12:00 am

"
She seemed like a nice girl. Oh well,"
Corrine shrugs. "
And you may be right about Ben. I definitely want to help him feel more secure. Thank you for your advice. Perhaps we could find someone else for Athelstan. That might help Ben and him."
Lady Corrine Marsten
Lady Corrine Marsten

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next