Dragon's Dance
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Awesome moments in Dragons Dance

+24
Marq Mooton
Ser Raynald Dulver
Samurel Manderly
Luecian LongBow
Ser Walton Dulver
Septon Arlyn
Ser Jorah Holt
Dyana Marsten
Ser Fendrel Bartheld
Loreia
Lady Corrine Marsten
Yoren longshore
Athelstan
Kevan Lyras
Gwyneth Drakeson
Jon Cobb
Daveth Coldbrook
Benedict Marsten
Garret Snow
Dunstan Tullison
Theomore Tullison
Baelon Drakeson
Reader
28 posters

Page 16 of 30 Previous  1 ... 9 ... 15, 16, 17 ... 23 ... 30  Next

Go down

Awesome moments in Dragons Dance - Page 16 Empty Re: Awesome moments in Dragons Dance

Post by Lady Corrine Marsten Sat Nov 07, 2015 2:56 am

Baelon wrote:
Lady Corrine Marsten wrote:He reminds me of James Purefoy's portrayal of Mark Antony in Rome.
Love love love that show. Though season 1 was far and away better than season 2... but both were amazing.

One of my favorite of Antony's lines:
"
I assure you it is no threat - snows always melt."

I agree. It was great, especially Season 1. Mark Antony in that show is my benchmark for magnificent bastardy.

Theomore Tullison wrote:The second video is part of the inspirational curriculum of mine.

Though the parts where he spews insults...not so much.

True, he's more sweary and spontaneously violent than Theomore. Theo would get Raff to do the shanking for him.
Lady Corrine Marsten
Lady Corrine Marsten

Back to top Go down

Awesome moments in Dragons Dance - Page 16 Empty Re: Awesome moments in Dragons Dance

Post by Dunstan Tullison Sat Nov 07, 2015 4:32 am

My uncle is an avatar of chivalry - ya'll are jealous.

Dunstan Tullison

Back to top Go down

Post by Theomore Tullison Sat Nov 07, 2015 8:53 pm

I like Athelstan's new avatar, with eyepatch of power. And it isn't a photo anymore either, paintings/drawings are better than photos IMO.
Theomore Tullison
Theomore Tullison

Back to top Go down

Post by Nathaniel Mason Sat Nov 07, 2015 9:08 pm

I much prefer photos myself, so long as they are not celebrities. I bothers me a little when someone uses a picture of an iconic character for their PC.
Nathaniel Mason
Nathaniel Mason

Back to top Go down

Post by Athelstan Sat Nov 07, 2015 9:13 pm

Closes thing I could find that fit him well enough.

I do like pictures more than drawings/paints, but I settle for an image that portrays the character more accurately.

Athelstan

Back to top Go down

Post by Lady Corrine Marsten Sat Nov 07, 2015 9:15 pm

The new one does fit better with the eyepatch, but is less attractive. Razz
Lady Corrine Marsten
Lady Corrine Marsten

Back to top Go down

Post by Athelstan Sat Nov 07, 2015 9:16 pm

Can't do miracles and I'm no artist to make one my self Smile

Athelstan

Back to top Go down

Post by Theomore Tullison Sat Nov 07, 2015 9:17 pm

For my part, I think it's easier to find a drawing/painting that holds some of the "
spirit"
of the character I want to play in it than a photo.
Theomore Tullison
Theomore Tullison

Back to top Go down

Post by Lady Corrine Marsten Sat Nov 07, 2015 9:18 pm

Athelstan wrote:Can't do miracles and I'm no artist to make one my self Smile

It's fine, really. Razz
Lady Corrine Marsten
Lady Corrine Marsten

Back to top Go down

Post by Nathaniel Mason Sat Nov 07, 2015 9:21 pm

Lady Corrine Marsten wrote:[...] but is less attractive. Razz

I don't know about that. Good jaw. High cheekbones. Sexy eyepatch. He also looks a little less worn than he did in the picture.
Nathaniel Mason
Nathaniel Mason

Back to top Go down

Post by Lady Corrine Marsten Sat Nov 07, 2015 9:36 pm

Nathaniel Mason wrote:
Lady Corrine Marsten wrote:[...] but is less attractive. Razz

I don't know about that. Good jaw. High cheekbones. Sexy eyepatch. He also looks a little less worn than he did in the picture.

But he doesn't have the manly beard or ruggedness. Very Happy
Lady Corrine Marsten
Lady Corrine Marsten

Back to top Go down

Post by Lady Corrine Marsten Sat Nov 07, 2015 9:37 pm

I think he also now reminds me too much of both Solid Snake and Sephiroth.
Lady Corrine Marsten
Lady Corrine Marsten

Back to top Go down

Post by Nathaniel Mason Sat Nov 07, 2015 9:41 pm

Lady Corrine Marsten wrote:I think he also now reminds me too much of both Solid Snake and Sephiroth.

Nah... He's too pretty to be Solid Snake... and not pretty enough to be Sephiroth.
Nathaniel Mason
Nathaniel Mason

Back to top Go down

Post by Yoren longshore Sat Nov 07, 2015 9:46 pm

Nathaniel Mason wrote:
Lady Corrine Marsten wrote:I think he also now reminds me too much of both Solid Snake and Sephiroth.

Nah... He's too pretty to be Solid Snake... and not pretty enough to be Sephiroth.

Snake's one sexy beast though:)

Yoren longshore

Back to top Go down

Post by Lady Corrine Marsten Sat Nov 07, 2015 10:17 pm

*shrug* It's not a big deal. I just thought the guy in the previous picture was all kinds of lovely, hehe.
Lady Corrine Marsten
Lady Corrine Marsten

Back to top Go down

Post by Theomore Tullison Sun Nov 08, 2015 12:53 am

Theomore Tullison
Theomore Tullison

Back to top Go down

Post by Reader Sun Nov 08, 2015 12:55 am

Daveth Coldbrook in Dragon's Dance II: Becoming the Mask. Sad
Reader
Reader
Site Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Reader Thu Nov 12, 2015 9:55 pm

Loved this speech from Baelon as he duels a hedge knight to bring peace to Battle Valley.

Even better, he has the skill and flair to back up his words, driving his opponent in to the fire with a neat use of maneuver later in the thread!

viewtopic.php?f=191&
t=1961#p53339

Baelon wrote:Baelon falls hard and takes the hard hit on his shield, which in turn drives the shield hard into his torso.
I'm going to have to get my shield repainted after this...

His arm feeling weak from the blow, he swings his shield against Ser Jon's legs in a move that would have not affected most men, but sent the top-heavy Ser John crashing to the ground.
As the muscular man falls, Baelon summons fort all his might to make a massive swing against the chain of his enemies' weapon. He ends lying on the ground, but the heavy ball of Ser Jon's weapon goes flying off into the distance.

A rage overcomes Baelon, and he lashes out with his foot, kicking the big man back towards the burning farmhouse.
"
Fire? Dragon's fight with fire. You may have set this one, but I will make it mine and it will burn you to nothing!"

Reader
Reader
Site Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Reader Sat Nov 14, 2015 11:11 am

I enjoyed this scene - it's not swordplay in a burning building, but both players stay in character well, particularly from the bottom of page three as Dunstan's bastard is brought up.

Corrine's character is normally sympathetic, but I like that she has Westeros's (and the traditional House Marsten's) attitude to Bastards. Underlines Westeros's morals.

And Theomore does a good job of reinforcing the setting's norms as usual, plus weaving in some Offseason 1 references to activities at the Twins and his backstory with the Royces and Prince Daemon.

viewtopic.php?f=161&
t=1757&
start=20
Reader
Reader
Site Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Lady Corrine Marsten Sat Nov 14, 2015 4:37 pm

Reader wrote:I enjoyed this scene - it's not swordplay in a burning building, but both players stay in character well, particularly from the bottom of page three as Dunstan's bastard is brought up.

Corrine's character is normally sympathetic, but I like that she has Westeros's (and the traditional House Marsten's) attitude to Bastards. Underlines Westeros's morals.

And Theomore does a good job of reinforcing the setting's norms as usual, plus weaving in some Offseason 1 references to activities at the Twins and his backstory with the Royces and Prince Daemon.

viewtopic.php?f=161&
t=1757&
start=20

Her attitude isn't exactly the same, philosophically, though in practice it makes little difference. She doesn't hate bastards as individuals, as she believes it's not their fault that they exist. She more dislikes the causes of bastards, and sees the parents as being at fault. But, she still believes they are not as good as trueborn children, and they shouldn't be part of a man's 'real' family.
Lady Corrine Marsten
Lady Corrine Marsten

Back to top Go down

Post by Athelstan Sat Nov 14, 2015 4:39 pm

Pretty fair and very Westerosi with a slight twist, as most people don't blame the "
Parents"

Athelstan

Back to top Go down

Post by Septon Arlyn Sun Nov 15, 2015 2:33 am

viewtopic.php?f=193&
p=55729#p55723

Theo, You magnificent bastard.... that scene is great. Laughing
Septon Arlyn
Septon Arlyn

Back to top Go down

Post by Reader Sun Nov 15, 2015 11:15 am

viewtopic.php?f=191&
t=1969&
start=10#p55749

I know Loreia has done the "
drop shield and two hand"
maneuver before, but here it's great - a string of bad rolls but opponent now worn down by fatigue so it's safer. Suddenly everything snaps in to place with a good roll, and a fine time to have it due to the increased base damage!

Glad to see someone make effective use of the changes I made to basfard swords.
Reader
Reader
Site Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Loreia Mon Nov 16, 2015 12:33 am

I'm starting to appreciate my choice of starting weapon... I have to do it more often than you think. In fact, I've done it in all fights except in the second round of the melee tournament in Story 1. I'd like to be able to deal damage on one degree of success, but everyone's well-armored already, and the ability to take injuries, wounds and fatigue can draw out a fight longer than I'd like - this coming from someone with high Endurance. In addition, I learned a valuable lesson with Arrand about taking injuries too early. Health is not the priority with secondary NCs or PCs, it's injuries/wounds.

I'm glad I beat Raho's Cunning test, too. It's good to set a precedent for my character being difficult to fool. I get knocked on my ass a lot more often though! Laughing All in all, my pairing with this opponent was rather appropriate dramatically and narratively, showcasing the fighting skill of Bear Island is well-established, and does not begin with Jorah Mormont. I may be a long way from facing a Dothraki, though.
Loreia
Loreia

Back to top Go down

Post by Baelon Drakeson Mon Nov 16, 2015 12:56 am

I'm glad you enjoyed it, it was a lot of fun to run.

Damage on 1 DoS? Look into the Fury benefit. Probably the only way to do it without a greatsword or war lance. Not a great option under most circumstances (greater action, -2D to hit, +4 damage per DoS) but if you have someone with a really low CD but high armor, it might be worth it. Especially if they just used a Reckless Attack.
Baelon Drakeson
Baelon Drakeson

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 16 of 30 Previous  1 ... 9 ... 15, 16, 17 ... 23 ... 30  Next