Dragon's Dance
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

[D3, EA] Prime Suspect (Closed)

3 posters

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2

Go down

[D3, EA] Prime Suspect (Closed) - Page 2 Empty Re: [D3, EA] Prime Suspect (Closed)

Post by Reader Mon Nov 23, 2015 8:38 pm

Unobtrusive, humble and plain, Samurel make his way back to his Lady's side unnoticed. Few would realise the man they passed is a son of the mighty house Manderly!

[OOC: The head will be delivered to House Marsten's camp on D3's evening with House Bracken's solemn vow that Ser Rufus confessed to dishonourable conduct in arming, recruiting and preparing assassins to strike at House Blackwood's nobles.

Quick things to resolve if desired:
- Awareness (empathy) if either of you want to try to read Lord Bracken's reation.
- Any skullduggery by Samurel.]
Reader
Reader
Site Admin

Back to top Go down

[D3, EA] Prime Suspect (Closed) - Page 2 Empty Re: [D3, EA] Prime Suspect (Closed)

Post by Lady Corrine Marsten Mon Nov 23, 2015 9:02 pm

[url=Awareness - Empathy][/url]: 4d6k3 5

[ooc: Holy crap, that's awful. Good job I have my trusty Sam to keep me right. Sam, how's your Awareness - Empathy? Reader, he'll still be able to tell me what he overheard, won't he?]
Lady Corrine Marsten
Lady Corrine Marsten

Back to top Go down

Post by Samurel Manderly Mon Nov 23, 2015 9:03 pm

Samurel will look to Lord Bracken, soft eyes concealing a piercing gaze, looking for any hint at what his feelings towards these turn of events are.
[url=Awareness (Empathy)][/url]: 5d6k4 19

While in the main chamber, Samurel would also look to the servents and the guards, keeping an eye out for any that look suspicious, any that talks directly with Ser Steffon. [url=Awareness (Notice)][/url]: 4d6k4 15

[OOC: That was a bad roll Corrine xD, but I'm here for ya, why else would you keep me around?]

Samurel Manderly

Back to top Go down

Post by Lady Corrine Marsten Mon Nov 23, 2015 9:20 pm

[ooc: Thanks. You can tell me what you learned once we're at a safe distance from the castle.]
Lady Corrine Marsten
Lady Corrine Marsten

Back to top Go down

Post by Samurel Manderly Mon Nov 23, 2015 9:21 pm

[[OOC: will do!, I expect Corrine to be flustered.]]

Samurel Manderly

Back to top Go down

Post by Reader Tue Nov 24, 2015 8:10 pm

[OOC: boo, hiss. I wanted to send Corrine on another critical fail wild goose chase. I'll PM you both answers - Corrine, yours is a failure rather than a full critical failure, so you can play yourself as open to persuasion. A chance for character development following the Ser Myles incident, if you're willing to listen to Samurel.]
Reader
Reader
Site Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Samurel Manderly Thu Nov 26, 2015 5:48 pm

[[OOC: shall we assume that we are outside the keep now Corrine?]]

Samurel Manderly

Back to top Go down

Post by Reader Thu Nov 26, 2015 5:51 pm

[OOC: you can stay in the same thread and move to another nearby "
location"
for narrative purposes if you want to debate how each of you "
read"
Lord Haig Bracken]
Reader
Reader
Site Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Lady Corrine Marsten Thu Nov 26, 2015 7:31 pm

[ooc: Let's use this thread for neatness. We'll assume we're just getting into the countryside on the way from the Keep.]
Lady Corrine Marsten
Lady Corrine Marsten

Back to top Go down

Post by Samurel Manderly Thu Nov 26, 2015 7:33 pm

[[OOC: would you like to start it off?]]

Samurel Manderly

Back to top Go down

Post by Lady Corrine Marsten Thu Nov 26, 2015 8:33 pm

As they rode away from the Keep, the countryside rolling up to meet them, Corrine sighed heavily;

"
Ser Rufus confessed so easily. I don't understand why Lord Haig had him killed so swiftly. I wanted to give him a fair trial. We're not brutes."
Lady Corrine Marsten
Lady Corrine Marsten

Back to top Go down

Post by Samurel Manderly Sun Nov 29, 2015 4:25 pm

"
My Lady, it is much worse then that, and I suspect that we are far away enough now to speak of it without suspicion."

Samurel takes a deep breath as they ride into the countryside. released sharply.

"
Lord Bracken did not have Ser Rufus executed, nor did he even know of Ser Rufus's crimes. You bid me watch Ser Rufus after your conversation with him, and this I did. What I am about to tell you may yet signal a deeper conspiracy then we had initially thought."

Opening his mouth, with his tongue playing at the bottom row of his teeth, mouth agape with agitation.

"
Ser Rufus went to confide to Ser Steffon my Lady. Ser Steffon knew everything, the assassination, a "
Training Yard"
involvement, and of Ser Rufus's direct involvement. Ser Steffon Brought in two guards and had them execute Ser Rufus in his study."

Shutting his eyes once

"
We are dealing with a significantly more treacherous situation then we are prepared for my Lady. This man killed the flesh and blood of house bracken to conceal his involvement, and I suspect his involvement is not of a singular nature... he has to be working with someone my Lady."

Samurel Manderly

Back to top Go down

Post by Lady Corrine Marsten Sun Nov 29, 2015 9:32 pm

"
Gods above,"
Corrine murmured, with an anxious backwards glance. "
So, Ser Steffon Vance is either hiding his crime, or covering for someone else. I knew Ser Rufus confessed too easily. Why would he not lie to protect himself though?"
Lady Corrine Marsten
Lady Corrine Marsten

Back to top Go down

Post by Samurel Manderly Sun Nov 29, 2015 9:36 pm

"
Or Both my Lady. I suspect that even a backstabbing dog like Ser Rufus would have expect to be given the choice of a trial by combat or the wall. Hedging his bets on his fighting prowess... Either way, when I went to you with Lord Haig, and the news reached him... his anger... it did not feel out like one's anger for failing or anger for defeat, but of confusion, and anguish... I do not suspect Lord Haig knew of any of this.... Ser Steffon at this point is a linchpin, one I suspect leads to someone he is conspiring with...

Samurel Manderly

Back to top Go down

Post by Lady Corrine Marsten Sun Nov 29, 2015 10:05 pm

"
I am glad you were there to learn this, Sam. Thank you."

Corrine had often been discouraged from such words by her mother. Success was to be demanded, loyalty expected. They were not worthy of particular thanks. But Corrine did not want to be her mother.

"
Ser Steffon is the key to finding out who is ultimately responsible for Lord Blackwood's murder. I'd like you to dig deeper around him. Find out who he conspired with. Learn about the training yard, if you can, but focus on Vance. If you get a chance to take him red-handed safely, then do so. You have my blessing to do whatever is necessary to secure the right man for trial."
Lady Corrine Marsten
Lady Corrine Marsten

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2