Dragon's Dance
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

[D6 EA]Headhunting[Closed]

2 posters

Go down

[D6 EA]Headhunting[Closed] Empty [D6 EA]Headhunting[Closed]

Post by Theomore Tullison Sat Jan 02, 2016 12:37 am

So many things to do, so many loose threads to tie off, and one of them held special importance to Theomore's nephew. An oversight to be sure, but one might ask what fool only gave them a week to sort through this big tangled web. Theomore had once commented that it might be worth it to wipe them both out, root and stem, and install more pliable lords with less troubled history in their stead. The prince had answered that a man of such disposition that he might go through with it was like to allow the rivalry to continue to keep his own bannermen occupied with currying favor to use against the other.

But back to the matter at hand, Theomore had a man to see about a mine. "
Good Ser Frank, it is my understanding that you were the ranking Bracken man in Battle Valley? "
Too many things to do to take this nice, easy and slow, and so did his demeanor signal, though he could still be polite and act like a man on Ser Frank's side.
Theomore Tullison
Theomore Tullison

Back to top Go down

[D6 EA]Headhunting[Closed] Empty Re: [D6 EA]Headhunting[Closed]

Post by Reader Tue Jan 05, 2016 10:11 pm

Ser Frank Mooton is a pale man, but with a frame that speaks to years of knightly service, as do the spots of grey in his russet beard.

"
I am he, but I fear I have been promoted in my absence,"
he jest with a ready smile. "
Many and more would have to fall before I oversaw the whole Valley, but men have been known to ride under my command. What concerns you?"
Reader
Reader
Site Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Theomore Tullison Thu Jan 07, 2016 6:27 pm

"
Well, I did hear that you were in charge during the battles of the mines?"
Theomore does not sound accusatory, merely curious. Of course, he had an agenda. "
I should like to know who gave the order to attack and why. I saw the wrath of one prince first hand today."
Theomore's voice breaks, almost. "
Simple men driven to desperation, to be judged upon by the king's representatives. Prince Aemond claimed them as his, and when I dared to imply that these were not involved in the attack upon the inn....he bid me throw the first man into Vhagar's maw to show my loyalty to the crown...I would have taken little risk to tell him that I would do no such thing and take no part, but fear gripped me, I squired fro prince Daemon, I have fed Caraxes with sheep, if I cannot control my fear of something I know, how can others do so when it unknown to them?"

"
Gods help me if I cannot do better this time, but I must have something to present, or else I fear that the Blood Wyrm will come here, and more men will be fed to the fire."

OOC: [url=standard deception intrigue (+1 from disposition)][/url]: 5d6k4+6 15
Theomore Tullison
Theomore Tullison

Back to top Go down

Post by Reader Tue Jan 12, 2016 9:59 pm

Ser Frank is concerned but not fully cowed.

"
As I said, I had the honour of the command at the mines, Lord Bracken trusts me well, long have I been in his service."

"
I am not some mewling babe, rushing back to my mother's skirts at the first sign of trouble. No need to send a raven back to the Warrior's Seat. The enemy was there and I attacked to serve my lord."

"
House Blackwood's men were well entrenched but we got them out, by the Seven we got them out. Bastards fired the supports in the mine out of spite to kill their pursuers, so I've heard, but the truth of the matter is not for me to decide."

"
Indeed, I know that my part and punishment is for those beneath King Viserys' banner, long may he reign. I served my House and my Lord, as I always have. Surely you'd have done the same in my place? The only shame is failing to serve your lord to the fullest."

[OOC: 2 DoS - He'll freely admit his part in matters but isn't about to give others up.]
Reader
Reader
Site Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down