Dragon's Dance
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

[D3 Peacemaking] The field of glory

+3
Luecian LongBow
Ser Walton Dulver
Theomore Tullison
7 posters

Page 1 of 3 1, 2, 3  Next

Go down

[D3 Peacemaking] The field of glory Empty [D3 Peacemaking] The field of glory

Post by Theomore Tullison Thu Nov 12, 2015 6:43 pm

[I believe this would be Theo, Walton, Luecian and Athelstan which will be involved? I am assuming Dulvers are on board, since I have the impression from pm's. If anyone else wants to join the party, feel free]

Theomore's pavilion was all hustle and bustle, seats had been arranged in a semi-circle of sorts, while a crude map had been drawn up in the dirt, depicting the battlefield.
Theomore Tullison
Theomore Tullison

Back to top Go down

[D3 Peacemaking] The field of glory Empty Re: [D3 Peacemaking] The field of glory

Post by Ser Walton Dulver Thu Nov 12, 2015 7:57 pm

Ser Walton Dulver has entered the pavillon in assist of Ser Garred Mountfort and men of his personal guard. While guards stayed aside, Walton and Garred approached Theomore Tullison.

-Tullison- both greeted him with nods.

-Seven are on our side today, I know it.- eyes of young Dulver's heir were heated with passion.

-Our men are ready to engage: hundred of skilled infantrymen and hundred of archers. What's the situation over here?- asked Garred directly.
Ser Walton Dulver
Ser Walton Dulver

Back to top Go down

[D3 Peacemaking] The field of glory Empty Re: [D3 Peacemaking] The field of glory

Post by Luecian LongBow Thu Nov 12, 2015 9:00 pm

Luecian enters the tent just behind Ser Walton and his entourage. Dressed in his leathers and Lyanna in hand, he struts inside and greets the room. "
Well Met again SerTheomore and Athelstan. Ser Walton, Ser Garred guess it's another day of combat eh m'lords."
Luecian LongBow
Luecian LongBow

Back to top Go down

Post by Ser Raynald Dulver Thu Nov 12, 2015 9:56 pm

Raynald the Red came right behind his nephew and the huntsman, chewing a chunk of sourleaf that tainted the greyish parts of his redbeard. "
-Where ya doing, lad? Today you're my squire, Arseling. Come."
-He told one of his men, to only then step inside the pavillon. The boy who followed him had not twenty years of age, and his clothes were poor, though his armor was well treated and oiled. He looked around as someone ready to steal something, only to suddenly notice he knew the man seated over the improvised map. Raynald didn't said nothing though, resuming himself to cross his big arms over his scale armor and only watch in silence. But it couldn't last long. He suddenly says in a rude, gruff manner. "
-I see no wine here."
-If someone would object about drinking during planning, he would wave his hand dismissively. "
-Nonsense. I' once fought piss drunk in the Stepstones with an arrow through my testicle."
-He looked to Tullison, a evil smile rising with malice. "
-Myrish white wine did help with the pain that time, right ya bastard?"

Last edited by 187 on Mon Nov 16, 2015 5:13 pm; edited 3 times in total
Ser Raynald Dulver
Ser Raynald Dulver

Back to top Go down

Post by Athelstan Thu Nov 12, 2015 9:59 pm

"
I think he is talking to me now?"
Athelstan looks at Theomore catching the possible insult to keep things smooth "
Well then, some win and let us plan for our coming battle. I hope your arrows are as true as before Luecian"

Athelstan

Back to top Go down

Post by Theomore Tullison Thu Nov 12, 2015 10:07 pm

"
One cup, then."
Theomore allows. "
Revels are for after, good sers."

"
As for the matter at hand, we have some seasoned archers, and lancers that have seen battle, the one where our arrows were the only thing in contact with the enemy."
Theomore Tullison
Theomore Tullison

Back to top Go down

Post by Ser Raynald Dulver Fri Nov 13, 2015 12:11 am

[OOC: Sorry guys, Raynald wasn't trying to offend, it was just a hint that Theomore and Raynald have fought together in a particular battle in the Stepstones]
Ser Raynald Dulver
Ser Raynald Dulver

Back to top Go down

Post by Athelstan Fri Nov 13, 2015 12:15 am

[ooc]None taken, Athelstan does not know that :;
): [/ooc]

Athelstan

Back to top Go down

Post by Theomore Tullison Fri Nov 13, 2015 11:08 am

Athelstan wrote:"
I think he is talking to me now?"
Athelstan looks at Theomore catching the possible insult to keep things smooth "
Well then, some win and let us plan for our coming battle. I hope your arrows are as true as before Luecian"

"
Actually, no."
Theomore snaps out of his attention to the battleplan in the making. "
I am afraid that I may have been the one that robbed him the chance of satisfaction, though as far as Tyroshi archers go, it is hard to tell if any of the ones I killed at that battle were the one that struck Ser Raynald."

Hopefully done with that distraction, Theomore turns back to Garred and Walton, the former seemed to be the more seasoned in military matters, though the other was the heir of his house. "
So, any thoughts on strategy, sers?"

OOC: So you wanted to try your hand at intrigue, yes?
[url=iniative][/url]: 5d6k4 18
Intrigue Defense: 11 (13 in first round)
Disposition: Indifferent
Composure 9
Objective: Theomore wants Dulver goodwill that might make them amiable towards supporting Tullison interests in the coming days, sufficiently ambiguous that it should be low-risk to go up against, seeing that the likely IC objective the Dulvers will be going for is one that is kinda already agreed upon OOC that they'll get.
Theomore Tullison
Theomore Tullison

Back to top Go down

Post by Ser Walton Dulver Fri Nov 13, 2015 3:13 pm

Ser Walton
[url=Status/Initiative][/url]: 3d6 7
Intrigue Defense: 10 (8+2 from Ser Garred)
Composure 9
Objective: Gain best possible position for his House/units in upcoming battle

[OOC: seems that You start. Feel free to correct me, as it's my virgin intrigue Razz )
Ser Walton Dulver
Ser Walton Dulver

Back to top Go down

Post by Theomore Tullison Fri Nov 13, 2015 3:39 pm

(Garred needs to roll if he is to take part, but he can't beat Theo at any rate, not that Walton could either, all things considered.)

Opening with my customary [url=read target][/url]: 5d6k4 18

Intrigue Defense: 11 (13 in first round)
Composure 9
Objective: Goodwill (see above)
Theomore Tullison
Theomore Tullison

Back to top Go down

Post by Ser Walton Dulver Fri Nov 13, 2015 6:27 pm

Theomore's Read Target was succesful of course
[url=Read Target-assist][/url]: 3d6 11, so +1?
[url=Read Target +1][/url]: 3d6+1 14

Ser Walton analyzes Theomore Tullison for a while, not saying anything. When he looked at Ser Garred, he sent him back slight nod of the head.

[OOC: Does Ser Garred need to roll initiative also or something?or is he just granting assist?

Ser Walton
Intrigue Defense: 10 (8+2 from Ser Garred)
Composure 9
Ser Walton Dulver
Ser Walton Dulver

Back to top Go down

Post by Ser Raynald Dulver Fri Nov 13, 2015 6:37 pm

"
Actually, no."
Theomore snaps out of his attention to the battleplan in the making. "
I am afraid that I may have been the one that robbed him the chance of satisfaction, though as far as Tyroshi archers go, it is hard to tell if any of the ones I killed at that battle were the one that struck Ser Raynald."

"
-Oh you did. Robbed me of my vengeance, heh!"
-Raynald smiles fiercely. "
-That war was a pretty business, wasn't it? We've fought and bled for Daemon to have his kingdom, only for him to abandon it later. Hah! But I can admire that. Pissing in a crown. That takes courage."
-He takes the chalice of wine from the hands of a serving man, drinking it with thirst. "
-Or madness."

[OOC: May I take part in the intrigue as well? By assisting Walton instead of Garred, for instance? I believe Raynald's better suited for this.]

Last edited by 187 on Mon Nov 16, 2015 5:13 pm; edited 2 times in total
Ser Raynald Dulver
Ser Raynald Dulver

Back to top Go down

Post by Theomore Tullison Sat Nov 14, 2015 12:24 am

[Yes, he needs to roll initiative, but you guys can choose to delay your actions, the initiative order determines the earliest one can act, Theomore goes at 18. Also, Garred rolls persuasion against TN9 for assist, and adds 1/2 persuasion to whichever conflict test Walton makes, but no matter. Reynald, I'm actually inclined to allow you to join the fun in a three on one, if you guys promise that Garred and Reynald doesn't use mollify. Theomore has the advantage of a successful read target, high passive deception, gets to act first, and has better dice pool to begin with.]

Theomore looks from one man to the other, young ser Walton seemed to defer to the older knight, Garred probably the more formidable, or maybe he simply had not grown confident in himself quite yet? Both things worth consideration for later. He let's Reynald's comment go unanswered. Giving attention to a lousy mummer only made him twice as annoying.

OOC: Read target fails. Also, Theomore learns what technique Walton was using for the first exchange. (You have a technique even if you do not take the influence action, likely this will be the technique best corresponding with your objective..bargain or convince sounds like the most fitting to me, depending on if you want to offer something in return, or if you try to paint it in Theo's best interest to let you have it. Kinda gives him an IC hint of your motivations.

Action: [url=bargain][/url]: 5d6 [url=BoA-reroll][/url]: 1d6 16 2 DoS for 6 influence before DR. The narrative doesn't quite back up the roll, but Theomore is kinda waiting for you to say something.

Intrigue Defense: 11
Composure 9
Theomore Tullison
Theomore Tullison

Back to top Go down

Post by Ser Walton Dulver Sun Nov 15, 2015 5:27 pm

[it was 2DoS, 6 Influence each? so 12-4=8 influence taken, Raynald will assist, Garred will be only spectator]

Ser Walton a little upset, as Theomore stayed silent, started -We are bringing 200 men of good men, Tullison- pointed behined the pavillion, where dozens of campfires were lighting. -We would be very glad to obtain respectful position in upcoming battle.- Put his hand on sword's handgrip -Tullison will fight beside as, arm to arm, but not only it will give our house more glory than simple followers, but also will let take away some risk from Your house.- pointed on Theomore and added -We don't ask to lead, but we also don't want to be leaded by someone else. Dulvers are proud house, and deserve to be on equal rights as other houses in this battle. And I know it will be honor for us, and for such great house like Tullison-

[url=Bargain][/url]: 4d6k3 15, was supposed to be Charm for start, forgot. dismissed dice which was 5, so result is 12
[url=dismiss (was supposed to be charm)][/url]: 1d4 2
1DoS for 3 influence before DR (I'm afraid Walton can't influence Theomore at all xD)

Walton
Intrigue Defense: 10
Composure 1/9

Bargain will be next
Ser Walton Dulver
Ser Walton Dulver

Back to top Go down

Post by Athelstan Sun Nov 15, 2015 5:40 pm

OOC: Athelstan will assist Theomore when and if he decides he might need his assistance as he is "
in his debt"
for allowing him to fight under his banner after all.

Athelstan

Back to top Go down

Post by Theomore Tullison Sun Nov 15, 2015 7:16 pm

[No, 6 influence total before DR, Theo deals 3 influence per DoS with Bargain, so your composure should be at 7. And nah, I think Theo having assistance here would be unfair.]

"
Well, it would be unreasonable indeed to expect that house Dulver should have no say in strategy, or not have a place in the command structure reflecting it's contribution."
Theomore agrees. In truth, it would be good to have someone better than himself to help, perhaps even do most of the decisions, but not a position to be relinquished easily. "
Though an army cannot have a divided mind, one commander must take precedence over the others."
Themore does not seem to think that this necessarily should be him, even though his rank and reputation might give him the right to demand it.

Composure 9

[url=bargain][/url]: 5d6 [url=BoA-reroll][/url]: 1d6 17 2 DoS again, so 6 influence before DR (2 afterwards, same as before).
Theomore Tullison
Theomore Tullison

Back to top Go down

Post by Ser Raynald Dulver Sun Nov 15, 2015 7:26 pm

[OOC: Guys, I want to make part in this intrigue. I also agree in not using Mollify, but my doubt is this: if I roll initiative and enter now will you guys rebuild your Composure or we are considering that I'm already inside the Intrigue, but last to act and automatically giving Assist?]
Ser Raynald Dulver
Ser Raynald Dulver

Back to top Go down

Post by Athelstan Sun Nov 15, 2015 7:42 pm

[ooc]I think you just give a passive assist bonus and act like the peanut gallery type thing lol. Nothing stops you from having your own intrigue with Theomore or Athelstan[/ooc]

Athelstan

Back to top Go down

Post by Theomore Tullison Sun Nov 15, 2015 7:44 pm

[We can assume you already were here, yes. If you are doing assists, roll TN9 persuasion, and Walton gets half your persuasion rank as a bonus on his following roll, it also doesn't really matter what initiative you're on, since you guys can delay as needed, it wouldn't have mattered on Walton's last roll.]
Theomore Tullison
Theomore Tullison

Back to top Go down

Post by Ser Raynald Dulver Sun Nov 15, 2015 8:15 pm

"
-The boy is young, Theomore. Ambitious. And he has blood noble enough to deserve this chance to lead his own men. Everyone here knows this."
-Raynald leaned his chalice towards Walton. "
-Besides, we'll face a band of lowly rats, not a legion of the Daugher's best. The lad will follow the Commander's orders with ease, and pass them to the troops as it should be."
-He smiles, before spitting a nice chunk of sourleaf in the ground.

[url=Persuasion roll to Assist Walton][/url]: 5d6 14

Last edited by 187 on Mon Nov 16, 2015 5:14 pm; edited 1 time in total
Ser Raynald Dulver
Ser Raynald Dulver

Back to top Go down

Post by Ser Walton Dulver Sun Nov 15, 2015 8:23 pm

Walton smiles as replies -And who if not House Dulver could provide better commanders in WHOLE Good King's Mission? And believe me, Ser, none of glory will be taken from Tullisons. We only ask for our own glory, not Yours, Tullison. And what is best to secure OUR interests in case, if not by putting best available man on positions, they were groomed for?- put his hand on Garred's shoulder -This man is known in whole Westerlands from his warfare skills, Ser. And he is humble and loyal servant of House Dulver, that's his glory, Ser Theomore of House Tullison. He will be praised, of course, but we all know that history will remember names: Tullison and Dulver, not anything else...-

[url=bargain][/url]: 4d6k3 14 ->
16 with assist, influence from Cunning for 2DoS=2x2, so matches Your DR...

Walton
Intrigue Defense: 10
Composure 5/9
Ser Walton Dulver
Ser Walton Dulver

Back to top Go down

Post by Athelstan Sun Nov 15, 2015 8:43 pm

"
No one here denies Ser Walton bearing and capacity as knight, but Theomore extensive experience and victories as commander far surpass those of Ser Walton which is younger and might learn from a much seasoned and wiser Commander taking the field leading the men"
Athelstan takes a sit watching the Dulver's attempt to wrestle out of Theomore's hand, but in the end the old wise warrior will come on top... I hope.

[url=Assist Theomore][/url]: 5d6k4+2 10

[ooc]I'll give it a try, just to do something in this thread during the intrigue Twisted Evil [/ooc]

Athelstan

Back to top Go down

Post by Ser Walton Dulver Sun Nov 15, 2015 9:12 pm

Athelstan wrote:"
No one here denies Ser Walton bearing and capacity as knight, but Theomore extensive experience and victories as commander far surpass those of Ser Walton which is younger and might learn from a much seasoned and wiser Commander taking the field leading the men"
Athelstan takes a sit watching the Dulver's attempt to wrestle out of Theomore's hand, but in the end the old wise warrior will come on top... I hope.

[url=Assist Theomore][/url]: 5d6k4+2 10

[ooc]I'll give it a try, just to do something in this thread during the intrigue Twisted Evil [/ooc]

[OOC: doesn't matter, as intrigue is pretty much set up Razz it's just opportunity for me to learn Very Happy ]
Ser Walton Dulver
Ser Walton Dulver

Back to top Go down

Post by Theomore Tullison Sun Nov 15, 2015 10:21 pm

"
Pray forgive me for not having heard those tales, ser."
A sworn sword of a minor house was not like to be talked about much, not for his skill at commanding men. And if he was, odds were that the Dulvers had put out such tales themselves, though that did not mean they were untrue. "
I will not let my pride come in the way of the lives of Tullison and Dulver men, though I would be remiss in my duties to my own house if I stepped aside for a man that I have not taken the measure of and concluded that I am not his equal."

OOC: From an IC point of view, Theomore needs to be convinced that Garred is the best choice, we can probably hand-wave this with a single post summarizing Garred and Theomore having discussed strategy and line of command and impressing Theomore enough. He's essentially offering that he is willing to give Garred an honest chance of showing that he is capable enough for Theo to be willing to let him be the main commander.

Composure 9

[url=bargain][/url]: 5d6+2 [url=BoA-reroll][/url]: 1d6 23 3 DoS, for 9 damage, 5 after DR. Which brings you to composure 0, you can take frustration, but that would remove the theoretical chance you have of winning, so unless you want to try yield, I'd say taking defeat is the one option you have.
Theomore Tullison
Theomore Tullison

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 3 1, 2, 3  Next