Dragon's Dance
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

[D3 Peacemaking] The field of glory

+3
Luecian LongBow
Ser Walton Dulver
Theomore Tullison
7 posters

Page 2 of 3 Previous  1, 2, 3  Next

Go down

[D3 Peacemaking] The field of glory - Page 2 Empty Re: [D3 Peacemaking] The field of glory

Post by Ser Walton Dulver Mon Nov 16, 2015 8:47 pm

[Yield on conditions You put me on PM. that's good plan, fits Dulvers]

Ser Garred strightened up in soldier's posture -Lord?- asked, obviously for permission to talk -Speak, Mountfort- Walton didn't take his sight of Theomore's eyes, maintaining eye contact, as Garred talked -What young lord says, is not empty boast, Ser. For almost ten years I was commanding Dulver's troops from first line, until I got seriously wounded in battle. But even then, with open leg fracture, I stayed on battleground until victory was secured. I paid great price for my service, but it didn't affect my loyal service to House, to whom I sworn my vows, and for next almost twenty years I was main commander of Dulver's troops. I was responsible for selection and training of House's troops. To sum it up, for all 25 years of my service, Dulvers never lost battle with me in command, and grew in power and lands as never before. I will die sooner than send people, who follow me, to death. This is my priority and sense of my service. I spit on glory and honors, You can keep them, Ser- He spat on confirmation of words. Everybody were silent for longer while, until Walton spoke slowly -I think Garred hit the right point, don't You agree with me, Ser Theomore?-
Ser Walton Dulver
Ser Walton Dulver

Back to top Go down

[D3 Peacemaking] The field of glory - Page 2 Empty Re: [D3 Peacemaking] The field of glory

Post by Theomore Tullison Mon Nov 16, 2015 9:18 pm

[As in glory sharing and the battle, hero and-commander plan proposed in the pm in return for the goodwill Theo wants? If so, accept. If not, reject, and the counteroffer is:

"
Glory sharing and the battle, hero and commander plan proposed in the pm in return for the goodwill Theo wants"
]

"
Well, I must admit ser, you do have the right attitude and dedication."
That was rather convincing, and this was someone men would follow, but where would he lead them? "
I am curious though, what do you make of the situation lead out before us?"

[I believe Jergen will be joining us, so maybe best to just fast-forward past the part where Theo, Garred and perhaps others discussing the plan for the coming massacre and go straight to the battle once he makes an introductory post?

Enemy forces:
o Commander 3D +1B: Merrick the Red and Steffon the Reaver.
o Infantry Fighting 3, Athletics 3, Endurance 3 – Upgraded armour. AR 4, CD 5. Damage 4.
o Cavalry (Stots) Athletics 3, Endurance 4 (mount), Fighting 4, Animal Handling 3. AR 5, CD 4. Damage 6.
o Archers Marksmanship 4, Agility 3. AR 2, CD 6. Fighting damage 1, marksmanship damage 5.

Allied forces:
Commander Garred
Sub-commanders: Theomore, Athelstan
Heroes: Luecian, Jergen? One hero attaches to Tullison archers, the other can attach wherever Dulvers wants.

Tullison Cavalry-Routine (6) Discipline - Fighting 3 (Athletics 4, Endurance 5 from mounts). AR 5, CD 5, Damage 7
Hite Archers-Easy (3) Discipline - Agility 4, Marksmanship 5, Awareness 4. AR2, CD9, Marksmanship Damage 6. Fighting Damage 2
Dulver Infantry (stats pending)
Dulver Archers (stats pending)

Need battlefield.]
Theomore Tullison
Theomore Tullison

Back to top Go down

Post by Ser Jergen Rohmner Tue Nov 17, 2015 7:18 pm

Jergen steps into the tent and stands with the rest of the Dulver delegation. Knowing that matters of the upcoming battle were being discussed Jergen stayed silent as he listened to the conversations.

[OOC- I believe Jergen would be a decent subcommander or hero. He's got a higher fighting than marksmanship so Archers may not be the best place for him, but if he's needed to he'll attach to them.]

Ser Jergen Rohmner

Back to top Go down

Post by Athelstan Tue Nov 17, 2015 9:17 pm

[ooc] I believe it's your Warfare what matters and the units use their own abilities for attacks. You attached to them grants them a +1D to Fighting or Marksmanship.

Athelstan

Back to top Go down

Post by Ser Jergen Rohmner Wed Nov 18, 2015 3:58 am

:mrgreen:
Athelstan wrote:[ooc] I believe it's your Warfare what matters and the units use their own abilities for attacks. You attached to them grants them a +1D to Fighting or Marksmanship.

[OOC- Thanks for the info, If no one else has claimed a unit I'll take the archers.]

Ser Jergen Rohmner

Back to top Go down

Post by Luecian LongBow Wed Nov 18, 2015 4:56 pm

Dulver troops:
Upgraded Veteran infantry;
9 Power 1 Wealth- Discipline (3) -CD 5, AR 3, Athletics 3, Endurance 4, Fighting 4 *Damage Upgrade- 5
Trained Archers;
6 Power - Challenging (9) Discipline - CD 6, AR 2, Agility 3, Marksmanship 4, Marksmanship Damage-5

(OOC-From a story perspective Luecian would be honored to attach to such an elite archer unit for the battle, but open to contribute wherever it makes sense as a hero)

Last edited by 183 on Tue Nov 24, 2015 5:46 pm; edited 2 times in total
Luecian LongBow
Luecian LongBow

Back to top Go down

Post by Luecian LongBow Thu Nov 19, 2015 8:30 pm

(ooc-Are we set to move forward with the battle?)
Luecian LongBow
Luecian LongBow

Back to top Go down

Post by Theomore Tullison Thu Nov 19, 2015 8:55 pm

[So assume a very straightforward lineup of enemy forces? We'll be having Infantry and Cavalry in front of the archers, do player action phase first? I think only Luecian is a ranger trooper? Might make four shots before attaching?

Thematically, Jergen attaching to infantry and Luecian with Hite Archers makes sense?]
Theomore Tullison
Theomore Tullison

Back to top Go down

Post by Ser Walton Dulver Fri Nov 20, 2015 7:14 am

[url=battle initiative- warfare][/url]: 4d6 10

Of course shitty roll when its needed
Ser Walton Dulver
Ser Walton Dulver

Back to top Go down

Post by Ser Jorah Holt Fri Nov 20, 2015 12:17 pm

ooc - initiative uses strategy as bonus dice if Garred has any of those

Ser Jorah Holt

Back to top Go down

Post by Ser Jergen Rohmner Fri Nov 20, 2015 1:17 pm

Theomore Tullison wrote:[So assume a very straightforward lineup of enemy forces? We'll be having Infantry and Cavalry in front of the archers, do player action phase first? I think only Luecian is a ranger trooper? Might make four shots before attaching?

Thematically, Jergen attaching to infantry and Luecian with Hite Archers makes sense?]

That would make better sense. Is there a thread set up yet for the vsttle? So it's a 1D to their fighting?

Ser Jergen Rohmner

Back to top Go down

Post by Theomore Tullison Fri Nov 20, 2015 1:22 pm

I'm thinking that we'll be using this one for that.
Theomore Tullison
Theomore Tullison

Back to top Go down

Post by Luecian LongBow Sat Nov 21, 2015 2:29 pm

(Just putting the rolls due to time considerations)
[url=Fields of Glory Attack 1 vs Archers][/url]: 7d6k5 22
[url=Fields of Glory Attack 2 vs Archers][/url]: 7d6k5 18
[url=Fields of Glory Attack 3 vs Archers][/url]: 7d6k5 17
[url=Fields of Glory Attack 4 vs Archers][/url]: 7d6k5 20
rd 5 Luecian attaches to the Hite Archers
Luecian LongBow
Luecian LongBow

Back to top Go down

Post by Ser Jorah Holt Sun Nov 22, 2015 5:44 pm

Steffon the Reaver.
o Infantry Fighting 3, Athletics 3, Endurance 3 – Upgraded armour. AR 4, CD 5. Damage 4.
o Cavalry (Stots) Athletics 3, Endurance 4 (mount), Fighting 4, Animal Handling 3. AR 5, CD 4. Damage 6.
o Archers Marksmanship 4, Agility 3. AR 2, CD 6. Fighting damage 1, marksmanship damage 5.
[url=Warfare (Strategy)][/url]: 3d6k3 12

Ser Jorah Holt

Back to top Go down

Post by Ser Jorah Holt Sun Nov 22, 2015 6:00 pm

was there any answer regarding whether garred had strategy dice

assuming not
[url=shoot hite archers][/url]: 4d6k4 17
thats 2 DOS for 10 damage -2AR 8 health = disorganised

Ser Jorah Holt

Back to top Go down

Post by Theomore Tullison Sun Nov 22, 2015 6:42 pm

[I wanna see his command roll, also.]
Theomore Tullison
Theomore Tullison

Back to top Go down

Post by Ser Jorah Holt Sun Nov 22, 2015 6:43 pm

[url=command archers][/url]: 4d6k3 13

Ser Jorah Holt

Back to top Go down

Post by Athelstan Sun Nov 22, 2015 6:49 pm

[ooc]Athelstan would be with which Tullison unit Archers or Cavalry? [/ooc]

Athelstan

Back to top Go down

Post by Luecian LongBow Sun Nov 22, 2015 7:26 pm

Ser Jorah Holt wrote:Steffon the Reaver.
[url=Warfare (Strategy)][/url]: 3d6k3 12

Luecian will spend a dp to impose a -1D penalty on the opponent's initiative roll. That should bring it down to [5,4] and give our forces the initiative for the battle(10 >
9).
Luecian LongBow
Luecian LongBow

Back to top Go down

Post by Theomore Tullison Sun Nov 22, 2015 7:57 pm

[Theomore is attached to cavalry, Athelstan being subcommander can be attached wherever he wants, same with Garret, Theo takes the first Dulver-Tullison order, I think we'll let Athelstan come in when it's time to set the Dulver infantry in motion.]

"
Let them come to us"
Theomore grumbles. "
ARCHERS! FIRE!"
And with the twang of a hundred bows, the trajectory that Luecian's shots had pointed out to the
men holding them was outlined by a swirling mass of black shadows.

[[url=Attack archers][/url]: 6d6 29 that's kinda overkill, 24 damage, buh-bye. I assume that Steffon will give orders to a unit not destroyed? Difficulty 3, so Theo succeeds automatically.]
Theomore Tullison
Theomore Tullison

Back to top Go down

Post by Theomore Tullison Sun Nov 22, 2015 8:10 pm

[Also assuming their commander hangs out with the cavalry, because if he was with the infantry, I'd totally go for the serpent's head approach that you Coldbrooks did.]
Theomore Tullison
Theomore Tullison

Back to top Go down

Post by Ser Jorah Holt Sun Nov 22, 2015 8:32 pm

yes, since I knew that was a mistake the second he said it. Not so bad if the other side had subcommanders though.

same command roll
Cavalry will charge the Tullison Cavalry
[url=Charge cavalry][/url]: 4d6k3 11 2 DOS
12 damage -5 AR = 7 damage
of the units there, they seemed the weakest of the front line.

With the sun momentarily in his eyes, his advantage was lost and suddenly his archers lost. Growling, he was determined to bloody these Tullison and Dulver bastard's noses. "
Charge,"
he screamed as the cavalry crashed into their opposing number.

Ser Jorah Holt

Back to top Go down

Post by Athelstan Sun Nov 22, 2015 8:48 pm

Athelstan waits until the enemy cavalry is fully committed to their charge waiting to the last second.

[url=Command Archers][/url]: 4d6k3 10

"
Shoot!"
as he points Misery's End towards the enemy cavalry and arrows fly as if the axe had been a trigger that pulled on a hundred bows.

[url=Archers attack][/url]: 6d6 24 I believe another 24 dmg?

Athelstan

Back to top Go down

Post by Ser Jorah Holt Mon Nov 23, 2015 6:55 pm

Commited as they are to fighting the Tullison cavalry, the volley of arrows catches them unaware.

cavalry disorganised

Seeing their leader under attack, the infantry charged forward determined to smash their way through to the archers but to little avail
[url=infantry charge][/url]: 3d6k2 8 1 dos damage 6 - AR3 = 3 damage to dulver infantry

Ser Jorah Holt

Back to top Go down

Post by Theomore Tullison Mon Nov 23, 2015 7:27 pm

[Command Roll?]
Theomore Tullison
Theomore Tullison

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 3 Previous  1, 2, 3  Next