Dragon's Dance
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

[D3:LN] Orange is the new Purple (Closed)

2 posters

Go down

[D3:LN] Orange is the new Purple (Closed) Empty [D3:LN] Orange is the new Purple (Closed)

Post by Nathaniel Mason Wed Nov 18, 2015 9:27 pm

Hints of dusty orange light were just beginning to chase the night sky away, threads of tangerine in purple clouds, when Nathan rose. He hated... HATED getting up at such an ungodly hour, but the sands of time did not relent for any man. He promised himself, when this was all over, that Jon and he wouldn't get out of bed for a week once they returned to the relative safety and comfort of the Boar.

Careful not to wake Jon or Edmund, he splashed water from a basin near the fire over his naked body, dried himself, and began to dress. A guard entered. Nathan hushed him with a gesture, indicating the sleeping men. The guard crossed the pavilion softly and whispered in the young man's ear. Nathan nodded. Belting Deception to his waist, he left the tent.

A young man waited at the camp perimeter. An ordinary young man;
exceptionally ordinary, in fact. "
You're here about a job?"
The man nodded. "
Walk with me."
said Nathan. Two of the guards moved to follow. "
That won't be necessary."
The guards hesitated. They had strict orders from Ser Jon. "
You need not worry, I won't be going far, or out of eyeshot."

The pair moved off;
walking casually through the nearby field. "
So. My contacts say you are good. Are you?"
Nathaniel Mason
Nathaniel Mason

Back to top Go down

[D3:LN] Orange is the new Purple (Closed) Empty Re: [D3:LN] Orange is the new Purple (Closed)

Post by Samurel Manderly Wed Nov 18, 2015 11:07 pm

The brisk morning air was always a comfort to Samurel when outside of his native homeland, very much he would think on the times that a sweltering heat would pierce him once mid day would set in, but the cold, ah the cold, would bring with them refreshing memories of his home. Night time was when he felt most alive, when he did his best work, when preferred to stay away, and it was reaching the end of that night that he approached an encampment near the village of Blackbuckle.

He was greeted, he was approached, and he responded once he was asked.

"
"
Noo 'at depends entirely oan whit ye need me tae dae. Ah hear teel 'at thes job ay yoors micht be a bit ay trooble fur me."
[url=Deception (Act)][/url]: 5d6k4 20

Samurel always enjoyed placating to the the plethora of ways people spoke, And a brutish rogue is as good a one as any, and far enough away from his own tone and mannerisms to be distinct.

Samurel Manderly

Back to top Go down

[D3:LN] Orange is the new Purple (Closed) Empty Re: [D3:LN] Orange is the new Purple (Closed)

Post by Nathaniel Mason Wed Nov 18, 2015 11:37 pm

Nathan was silent for a long moment, his gaze flicking up and down assessing the young man. He tried to piece out what the man had said. By the crone, his accent is worse than Luecian's. I am going to have to hire a translator one of these days. His contacts said this was the man for the job. He hoped they were right.

"
I need you to run an errand for me."
said Nathan. "
It's not particular dangerous, unless you are caught. Getting caught could be problematic, for both you and me. It is a simple task. One that involves entering unseen, gaining some information I require, and leaving without giving any indication you have been there. If you can do this successfully, I will pay you fifty stags. That price is largely for the expectation you will be keeping the nature of this request and any information you find to yourself. The information is sensitive, and could potentially cause great harm should it leak to the wrong people. If you accept the price and those conditions, then I will give you the particulars. If not, then it was very nice meeting you."

[OOC: Intrigue has already been handled in PM. Negotiated Yield: Samurel will keep silent about the mission and all related information unless questioned on the subject by an official Crown investigator.]
Nathaniel Mason
Nathaniel Mason

Back to top Go down

Post by Samurel Manderly Thu Nov 19, 2015 12:02 am

Samurel took a look up and down the young lad, though it would seem that age had found it's telltale signs on the boy's face, in the little hints in his eyes, in the way he spoke, in the way he carried himself;
not someone he should likely underestimate at the very least. assuming once more the mental posturing that he worked himself in, Samurel spoke once more;
a Brutish thug he would be.

"
Och aye Ah can dae 'at fur ye, an' fifty stags isnae a bad price fur mah troobles, but oan th' topic ay silence, whit is it Ah am daein' thaur, fifty stags isnae enaw fur an assassin, Ah ken 'at much. sae somethin' much simpler 'en?"

Looking at his hand, Samurel twists and winds a silver stag between his nimble fingers, [url=Thievery (Sleight of Hand)][/url]: 4d6k3 14

"
Noo, tae dae thes reit Ah need tae ken fa an' when an' whaur an' whit. an' i'll need a bit ay time tae sit up as it waur, guards rootes an' schedules ur a pain loch 'at"

Samurel Manderly

Back to top Go down

Post by Nathaniel Mason Thu Nov 19, 2015 12:37 am

Nathan's sapphire blue eyes narrow, and Samurel realizes that while his accent may be flawless, he is very close to losing the young man. "
Perhaps I was unclear.... certainly one of us is. I am not looking to assassinate anyone."
Yet.
Nathaniel Mason
Nathaniel Mason

Back to top Go down

Post by Samurel Manderly Thu Nov 19, 2015 12:42 am

A very dangerous young man indeed

Dornt be mistakin' me, jist sayin' 'at yer coin is guid, an' guid coin has a way ay makin' trooble, Ah dornt want tae see mah ain throat slit cause Ah ye dornt teel me somethin'.

Putting the coin away, he out stretches his hand in the direction of Nathan.

Whit ye need daein', aam yer cheil. i'll be in an' it withit anyain th' wiser

Samurel Manderly

Back to top Go down

Post by Nathaniel Mason Thu Nov 19, 2015 1:16 am

Nathan peers at Samurel for a long moment, then nods and shakes the man's hand.

"
Good that we understand each other."

They continue walking. "
I presume you are aware of Maester Arran and Maester Humphrey, the Maesters of House Blackwood and Bracken respectively. Tomorrow the Houses meet to share information about our respective investigations. Both Maesters will be present as well."

"
While they are away, I need to you sneak into the workrooms of both Maesters."
Nathan hands the man a bottle of purple liquid. "
Don't worry, that isn't harmful, so you don't need to take any particularly special care. It's a substance called 'purple vapour'. It's used to detect the presence of certain rare poisons. I need you to determine if either Maester has traces of poison in their workrooms. How to use it is simple, as it is to determine if poison is present. If there is no poison, it stays purple. If the poison I seek is present, it turns orange."

"
All I need you to do is enter their workshops, test for the poison, clean up after yourself so neither are aware you were there, and return to me with what you discovered. I would do it myself, but the meetings are the best opportunity to gain access, and I will be at the meetings."

"
If you are as skilled as my contacts say, it should be a reasonably easy task. If you are not as skilled as think you need to be, tell me now and no harm done."
Nathaniel Mason
Nathaniel Mason

Back to top Go down

Post by Samurel Manderly Thu Nov 19, 2015 1:32 am

Shaking the hand firmly Samurel places his second hand on Nathan's. despite nimble fingers, the grains deep inside his hands start creating a texture not unlike sandpaper on the surface of Nathan's skin.

"
Guid."

Rolling his shoulders, and cracking his back. Brutish Thug.

"
I'll dae th' job, when can ye meit fur mah report, an'... is thaur anythin' else ye want in thaur while aam at it, Ah can reid fest enaw, if ye want tae ken whit they've bin writin' abit."

Samurel Manderly

Back to top Go down

Post by Nathaniel Mason Thu Nov 19, 2015 1:49 am

So this is what passes for a professional in these parts.

"
Please stay focused on your objective. I need only the task completed that I have asked. If you allow yourself to be distracted, it increases the likelihood you will be caught."

Interesting that this man thinks he would understand the research either Maester was working on.

Nathan was not exactly filled with confidence. Luckily, he had numerous back-up plans should this man fail or be caught.

"
Please don't put yourself to any unnecessary risk."
Nathan smiles. "
You can get in touch with me with the results in the evening when it's convenient."
Nathaniel Mason
Nathaniel Mason

Back to top Go down

Post by Samurel Manderly Thu Nov 19, 2015 1:58 am

Relaxing a bit, Samurel looks at Nathan with clear, humorless eyes.

"
Alrecht, whatever ye want, dornt expect tae hear much frae me till 'en Ah suspect, Jist ken ye.."

Transitioning into a more clear speech, common among servants and attendants.

"
... hired the right man."

Letting the air between them stand still for a moment before walking off.

Samurel Manderly

Back to top Go down

Post by Nathaniel Mason Thu Nov 19, 2015 2:18 am

Nathan watches the man leave with a considered look.

Given what is at stake, I certainly hope so.
Nathaniel Mason
Nathaniel Mason

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down