Dragon's Dance
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

[D4 MM] Bookhunting (open)

Go down

[D4 MM] Bookhunting (open) Empty [D4 MM] Bookhunting (open)

Post by Kevan Lyras Mon Nov 23, 2015 9:39 pm

It was another hot day, even though it was still mid-morning as Kevan returned once again to Raventree Hall. Although this time, he was not on his own. A young obese man on a mule was riding on a smallish horse next to the Marsten knight. Despite the fact that it was Kevan who wore his full armor, the young maester was sweating a lot more.

"
I don't know why I agreed to ride out with you Ser Kevan. I like books yes, but this heat is unbearable..."

With a smile Kevan replied: "
Because you recently joined our house and are eager to help out the Keeper of the Gate?"

"
Ah yes, that I am. So these books you are looking for - you have some specific titles you are interested?"

"
I have a short list of specific titles, but actually I am looking for anything that deals with war tactics and leadership on the battlefield."

"
Ah yes yes, I think it is laudable that you are not only working from your own experience, but recognize the value of books, Ser!"

Maester Ronnel was wiping away the sweat from his face as they dismounted and walked over to the library of House Blackwood.
"
So lets see how I can help you."

The two browsed the narrow hallways of the library, the Maester leading the way letting his fingers glide over the book titles and Kevan following behind him holding the various books Ronnel handed him. In the end, they identfied 3 books, which Kevan found interesting enough to borrow.
Reading material for later

Mechanics
[url=Convince (Maester Ronnel TN10)][/url]: 5d6k4+2 18
[url=Search for book][/url]: 6d6k4 22 -->
3/6

Kevan Lyras

Back to top Go down

[D4 MM] Bookhunting (open) Empty : [D6 EA& MA] Bookhunting (open)

Post by Kevan Lyras Wed Dec 16, 2015 10:05 pm

Edit: moved to LA &
EE

Once again, Kevan and Maester Ronnel visited the library of Raventree Hall. This time, the maester led the way.
"
Maester Ronnel, I really appreciate your help, but I do not think this is the time to search for these tomes. I have more pressing matters to attend to!"
, Kevan half heartedly argued.
"
You can use this break, Ser, after all the investigating you did during the morning. I have a good feeling, we will find more interesting books. I looked through my notes and found some additional titles that could interest you."

Kevan chose not to reply. Truth be told he liked the maester's new found interest in something other than pies. As it had turned out, the man was quite able if he concentrated on a task assigned to him. In addition, Kevan was glad to spend some time away from all the serious business.
In the end, the two of them spent almost 3 hours at the library, finding all the books and tomes they looked for and an exhausted Kevan, followed the young man out of Raventree Hall again.
"
You know Ser, I think it is time to get something to eat, I believe we were quite successful today..."

[url=Bookhunting][/url]: 6d6k4 13
[url=Bookhunting II][/url]: 6d6k4 21

Kevan Lyras

Back to top Go down