Dragon's Dance
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

[D6,LA] Hunting for answers (openish)

+4
Yoren longshore
Luecian LongBow
Lady Corrine Marsten
Septon Arlyn
8 posters

Page 1 of 4 1, 2, 3, 4  Next

Go down

[D6,LA] Hunting for answers (openish) Empty [D6,LA] Hunting for answers (openish)

Post by Septon Arlyn Fri Dec 18, 2015 2:11 am

[this is open to all of House Marsten and House Dulver, as well as anyone else who gets an invite from anyone in those houses.]

Septon Arlyn Arrives at the village of Penny tree at the appointed hour. The Septon is at the small camp of the Dulvers, whose soldiers are busy assisting the villagers of penny tree. Although the villagers were once leary of having a force of armed men outside their walls, the help and guidance that House Dulvers men were providing, as well as the discipline and honor that Dulvers men were conducting themselves had found the villagers warming to House Dulvers men.

As the Septon gathers his healing supplies into the Maesters kit, he loads it into his saddle bags. Leading his palfrey to the meeting location, he waits for the others to join. Leaving the bit out of Jose's mouth, he allows her to munch on the fresh wet green grass in the small clearing that was surrounded by oak trees. Listening to the sound of the wind wrestle through the trees, closing his eyes. He can almost hear the gods begin to whisper to him as he waits for the others to arrive.

[just go ahead and post if you are coming, I would like to get this hunt started by saturday if possible.]
Septon Arlyn
Septon Arlyn

Back to top Go down

[D6,LA] Hunting for answers (openish) Empty Re: [D6,LA] Hunting for answers (openish)

Post by Lady Corrine Marsten Fri Dec 18, 2015 3:14 am

Corrine trots up on her dapple grey rounsey, Jory, giving the Septon a smile of greeting. She seemed lighter of spirit than previous days.

"
Good day, Septon. I did not know you liked to hunt."
Lady Corrine Marsten
Lady Corrine Marsten

Back to top Go down

[D6,LA] Hunting for answers (openish) Empty Re: [D6,LA] Hunting for answers (openish)

Post by Septon Arlyn Fri Dec 18, 2015 3:37 am

"
Aye, neither did I. Guess it must be Luecian rubbing off on me."
Septon gave a grin at Lady Corrine. "
I have brought a long my Maesters kit, truth be told. I doubt I will be much use in actually hunting this beast, but if it is as dangerous as what Ser Ben relayed to me through the messenger, I might be needed to patch up some wounds."
Septon answers in a serious tone.

"
Besides!"
chuckles Septon Arlyn, "
If you need some distracting bait, what would be more useful than a soft supple Septon, I hear that mighty beasts find such morsels very tasty."
He laughs heartly, slapping his belly and causing his gut, which has been noticeably lessened from the past days exhaustions, still sway back and forth.
Septon Arlyn
Septon Arlyn

Back to top Go down

Post by Luecian LongBow Fri Dec 18, 2015 3:52 am

Luecian rides up slowly on his smoky grey rounsey. A long rope is tied to the saddle on one end and a small sheep on the other. Luecian greets Lady Corrine and Septon Arlyn before dismounting and calming the ewe for a few minutes. "
Lady Corrine be me pleasure to see you again. Septon, allow me to introduce the newest member of your flock, Betsy. She be stubborn lot, had to almost drag her near the whole way."
Luecian LongBow
Luecian LongBow

Back to top Go down

Post by Septon Arlyn Fri Dec 18, 2015 4:05 am

Septon Arlyn, not yet having mounted, approached the Ewe. "
What a sweet beast."
He reaches out to bet the fluffy white wool, curling off its neck. Looking into its chocolate brown eyes with the black rectangular pupils he asks up to Lueican. "
So, as cute as this sheep is, why are we bringing her along?"
he asks, quite curious.

[url=handle animal pet sheep D6][/url]: 2d6 5

As Septon Arlyn is petting the animal he ewe bleats loudly and helplessly, then rams its head against the Septons hip, almost knocking him over. Septon Arlyn laughs at the ewes attempt to knock him over.
Septon Arlyn
Septon Arlyn

Back to top Go down

Post by Lady Corrine Marsten Fri Dec 18, 2015 4:19 am

"
I expect the sheep might be bait,"
Corrine pipes up, with a slightly guilty look.
Lady Corrine Marsten
Lady Corrine Marsten

Back to top Go down

Post by Luecian LongBow Fri Dec 18, 2015 4:24 am

"
Aye my lady, Well I had meself a plan of sorts but then I heard me grandpappy's voice in me head. It said something like there be old hunters and bold hunters but it be hard to find an old bold hunter. So now I be having a second plan as well and Betsy be a key part of the second plan. If one of us must play the part of the fawn at our last hunt, I be preferring it to be the sheep out of present company. If all goes to plan she won't come to harm either but I'd rather risk her over m'lady."
Luecian LongBow
Luecian LongBow

Back to top Go down

Post by Lady Corrine Marsten Fri Dec 18, 2015 4:25 am

"
That is considerate of you, though now that I know your sheep has a name, I am rather hoping she will not come to harm, hypocritical as that may be."
Lady Corrine Marsten
Lady Corrine Marsten

Back to top Go down

Post by Luecian LongBow Fri Dec 18, 2015 4:34 am

Luecian gives a sheepish smile that shows his youth more than normal. "
Well it seemed only fair to give her a name if she be going to help us. If we shoot well Lady Corrine, it's likely she will be fine and I have confidence we can do just that."
Luecian LongBow
Luecian LongBow

Back to top Go down

Post by Lady Corrine Marsten Fri Dec 18, 2015 5:37 am

"
Well, we've been a good team before. I have faith in you."
Lady Corrine Marsten
Lady Corrine Marsten

Back to top Go down

Post by Yoren longshore Fri Dec 18, 2015 4:06 pm

Yoren and Ben had both decided to take a look at Pennytree. The royal party approved of such actions. If they too could be of help to the public, then who would dissaprove? They'd first done their work investigating, finishing by hunting surely wasn't illegal, although it might be foolhardy for two nobles to expect too great a result. Therefore working with Luceian seemed smart, after all: a woman and a septon couldn't hunt alone...
When they arrive Yoren at once sees the charming sheep and while the more serious talk Yoren joins the septon petting tge lamb: The sweetness of the lamb was an issue they could both agree on.
[url=Charm a lamb][/url]: 5d6k3 15
[url=Rumours D6][/url]: 3d6 10
[url=Pennytree persuasion][/url]: 5d6k4 20
[url=pennytree tracking][/url]: 3d6 10

Yoren longshore

Back to top Go down

Post by Benedict Marsten Fri Dec 18, 2015 4:21 pm

"
Guarantee of danger, chance of harm, should have know I would find you here Septon."
Ben jests.

Ben walks up to the mounted Corrine placing his hand lovingly on her booted calf. He gives her a warm smile.

"
Luecian good to see you, friend."
He nods

Assist Yoren +2 persuasion, +1 survival,[url=Warfare Pennytree bonus die B&
S][/url]: 4d6k3 13
Benedict Marsten
Benedict Marsten

Back to top Go down

Post by Septon Arlyn Fri Dec 18, 2015 5:11 pm

Septon Arlyn gave a frown at the thought of the ewe being bait, but then nods along with Lady Corinne's words. "
At least she has a name. That way we would know what to call her if she does become a snack for the beast."

Giving a grin as Luecian talks about his plan to lure the beast out with the sheep and fill it with arrows he then smiles. "
Well with the two finalists from archery competition at River run I doubt that the sheep could ask for better protectors, especially since they each have a shadowcat to their names. Better hunters I doubt the seven could provide on such short notice."

As Yoren and Lord Ben arrives and Yoren approaches the ewe, Septon Arlyn moves aside, allowing the heir apparent am opportunity to treat with the sheep and her lamb. "
I'm glad you could join us today. Have you heard if your soon to be Brother in law will be joining us as well? I doubt that we could have to many bows or spears when dealing with an unknown quarry."
Septon Arlyn states.

Laughing at Lord Ben's jest about the Septon finding his way into danger. "
Well you know the saying, the father does not give us a test that he does not ensure we can handle."

Then slightly more seriously he states. "
You have a good knight under your command, Lady and Lord Marsten, he gave me a gift that saved my life yesterday, as well as protecting me in the cave as well. The honor and bravery shown in that cave last night has inspired me to write a song. Hopefully one day you can hear it in a tavern, although I doubt that we will hear it behind any green doors, as the inn keeper is dead,"
states the Septon sadly. On a lighter note he adds "
but the inn will hopefully be immortalized by the song, and your brave actions and deeds will live on past yourself."
He gives a sheepish grin to Lord Ben.
Septon Arlyn
Septon Arlyn

Back to top Go down

Post by Terren Dulver Fri Dec 18, 2015 5:51 pm

Terren approaches on his courser Custer, smiling courteously.

Terren Dulver

Back to top Go down

Post by Septon Arlyn Fri Dec 18, 2015 6:08 pm

Septon Arlyn takes note of the young lordling approaching quietly from the direction of the dulver camp."
My Lord Terren! Welcome,"
states Septon Arlyn, "
we are just getting preparations completed for the hunt."
A warm smile spreads across the Septons red full lips.

"
Lady Corrine, this is Terren Dulver. He is the third born of Lord and Lady Dulver, taking after his mothers side"
The striking young man struck an attractive pose on his horse, his clean cut features and shaggy dirty blond hair. "
He is a very curious boy, and always had a knack for learning what I was teaching him, and far surpassed myself in the courtly matters, as that was where his interests lie."

"
Lord Terren, This is Lord and Lady Marsten, Lord Longshore, and of course you know Luecian Longbow."
He gives a warm smile to all those who are gathered.

Last edited by 167 on Fri Dec 18, 2015 6:13 pm; edited 2 times in total
Septon Arlyn
Septon Arlyn

Back to top Go down

Post by Lady Corrine Marsten Fri Dec 18, 2015 6:08 pm

Corrine squeezes her husband's shoulder affectionately, then gives the newcomer a polite smile.
Lady Corrine Marsten
Lady Corrine Marsten

Back to top Go down

Post by Ser Walton Dulver Fri Dec 18, 2015 6:11 pm

-Betsy will be even better, with such great warrior as Luecian on it's back. With one hand he could hold the wool, so other one would be free to throw knives at his enemies, am I right, Archer?- Ser Garred Mountfort and Ser Walton Dulver appeared from nowhere, Garred gave friendly pat to archer's back at the end of his words. Both were sitting on tall and massive rounseys, wearing combat equipments instead of comfortable hunting ones -Lady- Ser Walton bowed with courtesy to Lady Corrine -Heart rejoices at the thought of hunting in such excellent company.- bowed again before introducing himself -I'm Walton Dulver, heir of Lord Harald of Stony Heath. And my comrade is Ser Garred Mountfort, creditable commander and captain of our guard.- Garred lowered his head in humility -M'Lady.- After formalities, Walton looked around -Are we waiting for someone else?-
Ser Walton Dulver
Ser Walton Dulver

Back to top Go down

Post by Lady Corrine Marsten Fri Dec 18, 2015 6:16 pm

"
Greetings to you all. House Dulver has quite the extensive delegation here!"
Lady Corrine Marsten
Lady Corrine Marsten

Back to top Go down

Post by Ser Walton Dulver Fri Dec 18, 2015 6:21 pm

-And that's what bothers us- pointed with his head also on Garred -Hopefully there will be something interesting awaiting us...- opens his hands in helpless gesture -It would be shame to make such a crowd for part of ferret's fur...- Garred went aside a little, towards Yoren Longshore -Good to see You, Yoren- reached his hand towards Ironborn -How's life in Good King's duty?-
Ser Walton Dulver
Ser Walton Dulver

Back to top Go down

Post by Septon Arlyn Fri Dec 18, 2015 6:25 pm

Septon Arlyn smiles at the compliment. "
Lord Dulver has spared no expense in sending those who can help investigate the crimes here, first sending his Heir and later his third son after the initial reports were sent to him, understanding the need for more investigators."
Septon Arlyn smiles, "
Hopefully with enough evidence justice and peace can be found here."
Septon Arlyn
Septon Arlyn

Back to top Go down

Post by Terren Dulver Fri Dec 18, 2015 6:28 pm

Terren smiles at the Septon: "
You are being quite humble, Septon Arlyn, you simply are a skilled teacher.”

Terren Dulver

Back to top Go down

Post by Septon Arlyn Fri Dec 18, 2015 6:52 pm

"
My Lord Terren, It takes an egar student to learn as much and as quickly as you have. I may be a teacher, but the students skill in learning is just as important as a teachers skill in imparting knowledge."
Septon Arlyn smiles at the young man.

"
Ser Walton, I feel that Lord Ben is quite right that there was a creature there, I only hope that we get there before someone else, It would be a shame to lose any evidence, or have had it destroyed before we can get there."
Septon aRlyn states wearly.
Septon Arlyn
Septon Arlyn

Back to top Go down

Post by Ser Walton Dulver Fri Dec 18, 2015 6:59 pm

Ser Walton rubbed his chin -If he claims that, we have no right to not believe him, why would we gather here this afternoon then?- looked on surrounding faces -Curiosity what beast it may be is killing me, any ideas what could it be? And when it was tracked, we don't look like hunting party in hurry- with quick hit into his neck, he killed fly which was bothering him for longer moment.
Ser Walton Dulver
Ser Walton Dulver

Back to top Go down

Post by Benedict Marsten Fri Dec 18, 2015 7:37 pm

Ben gives a casual bow to all the newcomers.

"
Large and hungry are the only descriptions I have for you, Ser Walton. I did not chance to see the creature as it was just my sister and me."
Benedict Marsten
Benedict Marsten

Back to top Go down

Post by Ser Walton Dulver Fri Dec 18, 2015 7:40 pm

Nasty smile appeared on Ser Walton's face -I hope it got fed well, Benedict, as we don't want stringy roast at tonight's table- Ser Garred saluted to this words with goatskin, then took from it big sip of simple, sour red wine.
Ser Walton Dulver
Ser Walton Dulver

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 4 1, 2, 3, 4  Next