Dragon's Dance
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

(D4 EA) On the Market of Stone Hedge (open)

2 posters

Go down

(D4 EA) On the Market of Stone Hedge (open) Empty (D4 EA) On the Market of Stone Hedge (open)

Post by Kevan Lyras Thu Nov 26, 2015 10:30 pm

Once again, Ser Kevan was searching his way through the masses frequenting the market yard at Stone Hedge. Due to the explosive situation regarding the missing wildfire and the previous squarrels between investigators, the Marsten knight was accompanied by a few riders of her Lady's lance. The men eager to go with him, after he named his target. Visiting the market was definitely preferrable to staying at the pavillion all day.
Ser Kevan took his time wandering from one stall to the next, talking to the various merchants, haggling over various goods. Or at least that is what he appeared to do. What really was looking for was not on display on the various shelves. He was looking for information on a certain noble women who supposedly was involved with some merchants from Braavos, maybe some of the merchants had heard about that? Was buying off them? Financing them?

Actions
[url=Streetwise (D4)][/url]: 2d6 5

[OOC: Happy for anyone to join who wants to talk to Kevan]

Kevan Lyras

Back to top Go down

(D4 EA) On the Market of Stone Hedge (open) Empty Re: (D4 EA) On the Market of Stone Hedge (open)

Post by Ereth Redwain Fri Nov 27, 2015 6:21 pm

Ereth is being a tad loud as he negotiating with a merchant about the price of some bottles "
This is good cider I tell you, I'm just leaving some as sample and asking but some pennies for them, a fair deal for you to get to know it"
after a few moments of haggling they settle for a good deal that works for both and before long he moves to another.

Spotting a knight that looks lost or perhaps looking for someone or something "
Good afternoon Ser!"
highly enthusiastic "
Best customer are always men of chivalry or that supposedly have it, after all rumors and if he is a known man will make this work even better"
stretching his hand "
Ereth Redwain, of House Redwain good Ser what brings you to Stone Hedge?"
Ereth Redwain
Ereth Redwain

Back to top Go down

(D4 EA) On the Market of Stone Hedge (open) Empty Re: (D4 EA) On the Market of Stone Hedge (open)

Post by Kevan Lyras Fri Nov 27, 2015 8:54 pm

"
Well met, Ser Ereth. My name is Kevan Lyras, I am here with House Marsten. I do not recall the Redwains to be part of the investigations, have you arrived in advance of the royal delegation that is expected today?"
Redwain, redwain... I cannot recall to whom they belong... Maester Ronnel would know for sure...

"
Actually, I was looking to buy a horse, but the selection they have is rather meager, so I am not sure there is a point to it. What is your business here in Stone Hedge?"

Kevan Lyras

Back to top Go down

Post by Ereth Redwain Fri Nov 27, 2015 9:09 pm

"
They are just trying to sell you short with all the fighting going on, this are the stallion's lands, you'd figure they would have good horses around here"
Ereth chuckles "
Not really the advance or part of the investigators or I would have marched with some men for safety"
looking at the market and nothing in particular "
I do understand that it would seem so I suppose, after all lord Forrest is with them. I'm here for two reasons, make business selling the hard cider and flax or linen that my lands produce, and get a little friendlier with my betrothed's brother, a strange fellow, but with the heart were it should be"
Ereth Redwain
Ereth Redwain

Back to top Go down

Post by Kevan Lyras Fri Nov 27, 2015 9:23 pm

Kevan stares at the newly arrived with a puzzled look. "
So, you are negotiating the sales with the various merchants yourself? Very interesting... your house seems to own some productive businesses it seems. Oh and congratulations on the betrothal, who is the happy lady if I may ask?"
Hah, quite an odd fellow...

Kevan Lyras

Back to top Go down

Post by Ereth Redwain Fri Nov 27, 2015 9:34 pm

"
Thank you, lady Alya Longshore, I am doing the negotiation because I'm here a very simple thing really what kind of lord wouldn't wish to have his House name known and their goods also, care to try some of it?"
giving Ser Kevan a bottle "
Redwain cider has an earthly red color, and cloudy appearance that has a sweet and refreshing taste"
stating it as a matter of fact, as he does have a taste for sweet things, but not that Ser Kevan would know.
Ereth Redwain
Ereth Redwain

Back to top Go down

Post by Kevan Lyras Sat Nov 28, 2015 10:38 pm

A trading Lord, willing to marry into the Longshore House..? This gets better with every word..
He looked at Lord Redwain, with a curious gaze. "
Thank you, I cannot refuse such an offer, but surely you will share some of it?"

With all that happened, I don't want to be poisened by some stranger, that is for sure..
"
I never met Lady Alya, but I know her brother, Yoren. Yes, a strange fellow indeed, but I share your assessment, he is a good man. But I am curious, how is it House Redwain choose to affiliate itself with House Longshore. From my perspective, the relationship between the Ironborn and the Riverlands' lords are a bit tense..?"

Kevan Lyras

Back to top Go down

Post by Ereth Redwain Sat Nov 28, 2015 10:59 pm

"
Sure, but just a sip I don't really drink that much unless its something worth while"
waiting for Ser Kevan to take a drink as it is his bottle now.

"
Yeah, unless you are by yourself or in other circumstances..."

Raising an eye brow "
Lady Alya I'm afraid would pass for an andal woman, not ironborn just by the looks of it"
closing his eyes and smiling before opening them "
Well, the way I see it is rather simple probably, but I believe is accurate"
pointing a finger to the sky as some scholar having some discussion "
I rather try to make peace and gain strong warriors in a fight, and trade"
pulling his sword and looking at it "
I can make an enemy that has outlasted stronger riverlords and repelled countless attacks on their lands, or trade with them. I rather trade and make peace."

Walking with Ser Kevan through the market some more "
I do have the advantage of being a bannerman of House Frey, which I believe that makes me the youngest and fifth House sworn to them, so I hope to greet lord Forrest when he comes."
Ereth Redwain
Ereth Redwain

Back to top Go down

Post by Kevan Lyras Tue Dec 01, 2015 9:09 am

Kevan takes a small sip before handing the bottle back to Lord Redwain. "
A very good! I don't think you will have any trouble finding merchants to take these bottles of your hands to sell them. They might even rival the products of cider hall!"

Kevan looks a bit suprised as Ereth unsheaths his blade in the middle of the yard, though as it becomes obvious that it is only used for narrative purposes, he relaxes.
"
Your attitude towards gaining allies is a noble one, though I fear most will look at it from a different perspective. I wish you the strength necessary to deal with thouse gossiping behind your back over this..."

Kevan Lyras

Back to top Go down

Post by Ereth Redwain Tue Dec 01, 2015 3:12 pm

"
Well those that talk behind you are normally scared of you, and gossip means your fame grows"
he shrugs not caring much for gossip.

"
I doubt I can match cider hall price and fame, but that works for me, I sell more to more for a cheaper price than them and still make money. You will find my cider in more hands than that of Cider Hall"
like a peacock with pride he raises his chest and feels much taller than he really is "
Truth be told is cider for everyone not just the wealthy, and if its of such good quality, I will see it in many homes, inn, and taverns"

Ereth ask in a serious and sudden tone "
Ser Kevan what makes a man noble, a mean true nobility, not titles?"
Ereth Redwain
Ereth Redwain

Back to top Go down

Post by Kevan Lyras Sun Dec 20, 2015 11:19 pm

"
That is certainly one way to look at it!"
, Kevan laughed. "
True nobility? Hm, a tough question to answer, I'd say. Nobility to me has never been associated with any virtues. Just like the smallfolks, they can be led by honor or deceptive, good or bad. Now if you'd ask me about the virtues of knighthood, I'd have a different answer. Why do you ask?"

Kevan Lyras

Back to top Go down

Post by Ereth Redwain Mon Dec 21, 2015 12:11 am

"
Well spoken"
Ereth answers with a encouraging tone "
There is no right or wrong answer Ser Kevan"
smiling "
It tells me more about the man I'm speaking to, nothing more. Sometimes in the simplest question can lay the most interesting answers and everyone is different, but in the end everyone says something similar so it gives you an idea of who you are talking to."
shrugging his shoulders "
I was a knight before being a lord Ser Kevan, but what are the knightly virtues? We all know the words"
with a finger straight as a sword a touch on the right shoulder with the imaginary sword. "
In the name of the Warrior I charge you to be brave."
The finger moves from right shoulder to left. "
In the name of the Father I charge you to be just."
Right shoulder. "
In the name of the Mother I charge you to defend the young and innocent."
The left. "
In the name of the Maid I charge you to protect all women..."
stopping abruptly "
You know the rest I'm sure, but a knight's virtues are very different. Each House and person hold something more dear than others, but I believe a knight's virtues should be in general Faith, Humility, Justice, Prudence, Temperance, Resolution, and Truth."
Ereth chuckles "
After all virtue is the safest helmet"
If you can bear it
Ereth Redwain
Ereth Redwain

Back to top Go down

Post by Kevan Lyras Mon Dec 21, 2015 7:12 am

"
Certainly a good set of virtues to life by. I'd add two qualities rooted a bit more in the practical world. One is loyalty and, closely related, unselfisness. Loyalty to your liege lord and your house as well as the will to give everything you have to protect the ones you serve."

Kevan Lyras

Back to top Go down

Post by Ereth Redwain Wed Dec 23, 2015 1:36 am

"
We discussing qualities or virtues?"
Ereth chuckles "
Qualities are found in any men and they are to many, but selfless service and loyalty are something as a lord you expect of your retainers, yet no retainer would have a problem taking an opportunity to shed their obligations to advance themselves, and then what of his loyalty and selfless service? Would you abandon your House if the possibility to serve another in a greater station would be given? Maybe your own House?"
Ereth shrugs "
I think you would take them like any other man would. Loyalty or not."
Ereth Redwain
Ereth Redwain

Back to top Go down

Post by Kevan Lyras Tue Dec 29, 2015 11:58 pm

Ser Kevan's face hardens a bit at Ereth's comment. "
I don't think you are in the position to judge me after our brief meeting here. Would I turn down the opportunity to head my own house? Not, if I could serve as a bannerman of House Marsten. But if I would receive this honor only in exchange for serving someone else other than House Marsten or maybe my liege's liege - which would be Lord Arryn - I would say no. Maybe that is the difference between me and other nobles..."

[OOC: Since this is a Day 4 thread, maybe we come to a close soon?]

Kevan Lyras

Back to top Go down

Post by Ereth Redwain Wed Dec 30, 2015 6:22 am

"
Well spoken, you are a good knight Ser Kevan, he extends his open hands showing all ten fingers and brings three down"
looking at Ser Kevan "
Four"
putting another finger down "
That is about as many knights I have met that are worthy of carrying the title of one and so far able to retain it trough deed and words, I'm truly honored to have met you"
a friendly smile "
Sorry if I sounded judgmental, just wanted to bring your true thoughts out on the matter and you can keep that bottle, I hope next we meet is as pleasant as it was to day Ser Kevan of House Lyras, sworn to Marsten"
Ereth gives his hand to shake and wave good bye the honorable knight. Truly a good day, for you don't always find someone worth stealing to serve you if it's even possible...

[/scene]
Ereth Redwain
Ereth Redwain

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down