Dragon's Dance
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Day 7 - EA Stone Hedge (open) Part II

2 posters

Go down

Day 7 - EA Stone Hedge (open) Part II Empty Day 7 - EA Stone Hedge (open) Part II

Post by Ereth Redwain Mon Jan 04, 2016 3:15 am

Ereth finds himself again visiting Stone Hedge to see how the business is going, and spent his time in the market trying to find if people were ordering his product and how well things and prices were being raised to buy the scarce cider that might have been sold cheap at first but is getting value do to it being scarce. Not to mention, it's about time to hear what's going on in Market Town and what the common people knew before wondering any nobleman's Hall.

[url=Knowledge (Streetwise)][/url]: 3d6 10
Ereth Redwain
Ereth Redwain

Back to top Go down

Day 7 - EA Stone Hedge (open) Part II Empty Re: Day 7 - EA Stone Hedge (open) Part II

Post by Ser Jorah Holt Thu Jan 07, 2016 7:14 pm

Ser Jorah and Trelane made their way through the market looking for a suitable blacksmith to adjust some armour for the squire. As they did, they listened out for news regarding the Prince and how much people knew about Ser Theomore's involvement.

[url=streetwise][/url]: 3d6k3 14+1 assist from Ser Jorah = 15

Ser Jorah Holt

Back to top Go down

Day 7 - EA Stone Hedge (open) Part II Empty Re: Day 7 - EA Stone Hedge (open) Part II

Post by Ereth Redwain Thu Jan 07, 2016 8:10 pm

Ereth eyes with curiosity a knight and his squire through the market a smile comes to his face.

Another knight, perhaps another good customer by the way things are shaping and maybe from somewhere else in the riverlands I haven't reached yet

"
Good afternoon Ser!"
he approaches both of them "
What brings you to Pennytree, looking for something in particular?"
looking at the squire "
I remember when I had one, been a long time, now he serves in my Household"
stopping for a moment "
My apologies, left my self get carried away and didn't even introduce myself, I'm lord Ereth Redwain"
stretching his hand to the knight.
Ereth Redwain
Ereth Redwain

Back to top Go down

Post by Ser Jorah Holt Thu Jan 07, 2016 9:02 pm

Jorah and Trelane stopped as the nobleman approached them.

"
Greetings Lord Redwain, I'm sorry, but I must admit I don't recognise the house name. My name is Ser Jorah Holt and this is my squire Trelane of House Connington."

Ser Jorah Holt

Back to top Go down

Post by Ereth Redwain Thu Jan 07, 2016 9:45 pm

"
It's ok Ser Jorah, most know my cider and not my House. I'm am the newest bannerman of House Frey so it's normal people don't recognize my house or heraldry unless you are rather good and keep up to date with such things, a rather odd past time"
raising an eye brow to the name Connington "
Are you both from the stormlands then? Those are rather strong and tough men that come from there, you will be a great knight one day Trelane. What brings you both to Pennytree, some cider perhaps"
Ereth winks an eye and delivers a bottle to Ser Jorah "
You can have mine and we can share it if we find a place to sit and converse"
Ereth Redwain
Ereth Redwain

Back to top Go down

Post by Ser Jorah Holt Thu Jan 07, 2016 10:15 pm

"
I must admit I have never visited the Stormlands, but I am not one to turn down the friendly offer of a drink. bannerman of House Frey you say. Did you arrive alongside Lord Frey the other day?"

Ser Jorah Holt

Back to top Go down

Post by Ereth Redwain Thu Jan 07, 2016 10:30 pm

"
No, I arrived the day before since I'm the closest bannerman to this lands and also to visit my future brother in law Yoren Longshore, perhaps you've heard of him a strange fellow with a good nature to him, just odd for an ironborn all together?"
Not knowing how otherwise describe his brother in-law but if he knew him, he would probably agree with most of it "
I also met with Ser Theomore, a prospect to marry Floretta Frey and take over Ser Benjen's land and finally someone with more sense and less troublesome for my lord"

"
Never been to the stormlands really, but then were do you come from?"
Ereth knew the name from what Ser Theomore had already said. One of the Judges and also savior of the prince.
Ereth Redwain
Ereth Redwain

Back to top Go down

Post by Ser Jorah Holt Fri Jan 08, 2016 12:48 pm

Ereth Redwain wrote:"
No, I arrived the day before since I'm the closest bannerman to this lands and also to visit my future brother in law Yoren Longshore, perhaps you've heard of him a strange fellow with a good nature to him, just odd for an ironborn all together?"
Not knowing how otherwise describe his brother in-law but if he knew him, he would probably agree with most of it

"
As I understand it, his sister is quite the firey one, if you forgive the pun. What prompted a marriage with House Longshore if I may ask?"

I also met with Ser Theomore, a prospect to marry Floretta Frey and take over Ser Benjen's land and finally someone with more sense and less troublesome for my lord"

Ser Jorah's face turned somewhat sour at that point and he took a deep breath before he continued.

"
I would ask the people here in Battle Valley what they think about Ser Theomore, especially after what happened to their kin he 'arrested.'

Never been to the stormlands really, but then were do you come from?"
Ereth knew the name from what Ser Theomore had already said. One of the Judges and also savior of the prince.

"
Mostly here in the Riverlands, a bit of time in the Reach, though I suspect I'll be spending some time in the Stepstones soon enough."

Ser Jorah Holt

Back to top Go down

Post by Ereth Redwain Fri Jan 08, 2016 5:05 pm

"
Longshore's want to integrate more with the riverlands, Im a new lord and they have vast wealth and military strenght, so it was a good choice for both. As for a fiery woman, at least it will make it fun, besides she can behave and dress like a lady when she gas to"
Ereth smiles.

Interested why the sour face at the mention of Theomore "
I heard some of the rumors, but if the prince was involved, only those that dont fear 'fire and blood' would stand their ground against him, even then thats no guarantee you will come out without a scratch"
. What I do know is that Theomore and Yoren went to see lord Wylde for justice and consult on matters of law concerning the trial of Themore anc Baelon, which they convinced him that it will be lord Gorman Tully not some knight tribunal"
he shrugs his shoulders unconcerned "
I do see Yoren's point, I care less for how this ends up, it has nothing to do with House Redwain. What does is that lord Drakeson has pushed them to be green, and is claiming lordly rights of pit and gallow on others lands with no authority either under the kings banner, but that is somebthing for the Longshores to deal with and lord Gorman Tully"

Looking at Trelane "
I fought in the stepstones, and its not easy to deal with the different types of warriors you have to deal with. Siege and defendding them, lots of bloodshed little glory yet it will forge him"
pointing at Trelane "
Into a fine knight, just not much of a jouster do to the terrain. I spent to much time there and my jousting skills got rusty."
Ereth Redwain
Ereth Redwain

Back to top Go down

Post by Ser Jorah Holt Sat Jan 09, 2016 9:59 am

Longshore's want to integrate more with the riverlands, Im a new lord and they have vast wealth and military strenght, so it was a good choice for both. As for a fiery woman, at least it will make it fun, besides she can behave and dress like a lady when she gas to"
Ereth smiles.

"
At least it sounds like you have met her already and this is not one of those political marriages where the bride and groom meet on the wedding day. I wish you

Ereth Redwain wrote:Interested why the sour face at the mention of Theomore "
I heard some of the rumors, but if the prince was involved, only those that dont fear 'fire and blood' would stand their ground against him, even then thats no guarantee you will come out without a scratch"
. What I do know is that Theomore and Yoren went to see lord Wylde for justice and consult on matters of law concerning the trial of Themore anc Baelon, which they convinced him that it will be lord Gorman Tully not some knight tribunal"
he shrugs his shoulders unconcerned "
I do see Yoren's point, I care less for how this ends up, it has nothing to do with House Redwain. What does is that lord Drakeson has pushed them to be green, and is claiming lordly rights of pit and gallow on others lands with no authority either under the kings banner, but that is somebthing for the Longshores to deal with and lord Gorman Tully"

Yoren and Theomore! Jorah filed that away to tell the others if they did not already know. It appeared both men had chosen a colour after all.
"
Well, if they push for Lord Baelon to be judged by Lord tully, then Lord Wylde will have not been doing his role any justice. House Drakeson is sworn through House Coldbrook to House Stark. I can't imagine he would be happy for one of his houses to be judged by another Lord Paramount.
As I said on Ser Theomore, ask the people here if they would buy anything from a man who is friendly with Ser Theomore. I think you would find that any business opportunities and friendships less forthcoming."

Ereth Redwain wrote:Looking at Trelane "
I fought in the stepstones, and its not easy to deal with the different types of warriors you have to deal with. Siege and defendding them, lots of bloodshed little glory yet it will forge him"
pointing at Trelane "
Into a fine knight, just not much of a jouster do to the terrain. I spent to much time there and my jousting skills got rusty."

"
I wouldn't mind learning something from your experiences in the Stepstones, but I'm sure you didn't come over just to introduce yourself."

Ser Jorah Holt

Back to top Go down

Post by Ereth Redwain Sat Jan 09, 2016 5:33 pm

"
No, I have a business of cider which is why I was in the area in the first place, try to make friends with my brother in law second. What happened with Ser Theomore was more do to Yoren's request and because he was at the stepstones among other things, but I won't judge the man if he indeed do such thing, would you have walked into the dragon's maw yourself or feed him the prisoners? Most people will say one thing here and now, but when the moment and time comes they all bend a knee or do their bidding no matter how disgusting their marriage customs are."

"
Like I said all I did for them was arrange for their meeting with lord Wylde since I was going to see him about my cider business anyway, and whatever befalls Ser Theomore and lord Drakeson, would be something that they brought upon themselves, but yes the Starks should judge him if he is a northern House, I just feel bad now for lord Coldbrook having a unruly bannerman that will eventually cause him more troubles than gains if this rhythm keeps up. After all they were blacks as far as I could tell when we arranged the marriage, now they are green."
a tone of exasperation on it "
Yet, I'm neutral until lord Forrest picks a side and commands me to march against his enemies, but for now I'm here as a business man selling my cider in hopes to expand my market if you care to try it, I will give you one for your lord too if it suits your taste. I do sweet cider with an earthly reddish color, care to try it?"
Ereth Redwain
Ereth Redwain

Back to top Go down

Post by Ser Jorah Holt Sun Jan 10, 2016 11:26 am

"
This is not the time or place or the people to discuss this situation. Just consider how you would feel if a knight were to hand over some of your subjects to be eaten with being convicted. As for politics, "
Lord Yoren was very fond of his neutrality. The issue here is not about politics, but grief. Did he consider speaking to Lady Marsten about his concerns?"

Ereth Redwain wrote: but for now I'm here as a business man selling my cider in hopes to expand my market if you care to try it, I will give you one for your lord too if it suits your taste. I do sweet cider with an earthly reddish color, care to try it?"

"
Lord Coldbrook has never been one for cider, he is definitely one for ale but perhaps there might be some interest at House Coldbrook."

Trelane thought for a moment
"
Cider, that gets served quite a lot in the Crownlands with many of the Lords when we have visited."

Ser Jorah Holt

Back to top Go down

Post by Ereth Redwain Sun Jan 10, 2016 4:22 pm

"
I do not know that Ser Jorah, I only arranged the meeting for them, wish I could tell you more, but all they discussed after they were done with lord Wylde was things of the investigation and that is none of my concern, I'm not one to investigate or invited, just hope they find justice"

Caressing the pommel of his sword when in thought, and in no threatening fashion just a habit "
I would be wroth I wager, but I would speak to the man first, knowing also that prince Aemond could have torched my entire lands instead of a couple of dozen men and would leave me in much worse state. Either way I wouldn't like it and would not be happy about it."

"
Cider on beer, never fear;
beer upon cider, makes a bad rider."
Ereth smiles "
Ale is good and so is wine, but for a good drink that will sit well with anyone at any time, cider is better than ale and wine Ser Jorah, it's healthier too. Drink it warm for those cold north days, and to soothe your throat when you get a cold or a coff"
Ereth Redwain
Ereth Redwain

Back to top Go down

Post by Ser Jorah Holt Wed Jan 13, 2016 12:51 pm

"
Thank you for letting me know about that at least and I see that I've left you something to consider at least."
Jorah nodded, wondering what to do with the information.

"
As I said, I will pass it onto the House Coldbrook steward. Mayhap we might need some more. Of course, it does sound like Trelane here does know a few Lords that might be interested in your wares."

Trelane dug into a pouch to pull out some parchment, ink and quill and looked at Lord Redwain.

Ser Jorah Holt

Back to top Go down

Post by Ereth Redwain Sat Jan 16, 2016 4:29 pm

"
I would be honored if you have a list of Houses that drink it in the stomlands. I might just send them some as courtesy to sample and hope they like it"
Ereth's eyes show a glimpse of joy "
You should at least enjoy this one, I'm sure Ser Jorah won't mind you drinking cider I hope."

"
Well, wish lord Coldbrook my best and hope his bannerman stops causing trouble for his House, they are very far from the North..."
no threat, but a fact that most of their allies were to far away to come help if someone were to attack them "
Yet, I think lord Coldbrook should be fine for now."
Ereth smiles "
I'll talk to Yoren about what's going on."

[scene?]
Ereth Redwain
Ereth Redwain

Back to top Go down

Post by Ser Jorah Holt Sat Jan 16, 2016 5:31 pm

"
I think Trelane here might have a few more ideas on that front if I judge that look correctly."

Jorah raised an eyebrow at Lord Redwain's comments and laughed slightly.

"
I think people always underestimate House Coldbrook and overestimate House Longshore. Certainly House Mallister didn't fear any allies, so be careful that you don't find yourselves dragged into a conflict."

Ser Jorah Holt

Back to top Go down

Post by Ereth Redwain Sat Jan 16, 2016 6:53 pm

"
A mistake people make, no foe is to small, even a landed knight can be dangerous in a war. I think it's Coldbrook and Drakeson that underestimate the Longshores, I reckon a show of force will happen if not appeased"

"
Good thing I'm bannerman of House Frey, I do my lord bidding so I doubt I'll enter any conflict that is not on my liege or my House interest"
Ereth Redwain
Ereth Redwain

Back to top Go down

Post by Ser Jorah Holt Sun Jan 17, 2016 10:28 am

"
Every force can be dangerous depending on the circumstances, so don't underestimate anybody, but at the same time, not every shadow holds a potential foe and sometimes people are alone..."
Jorah stopped for a moment and laughed at himself, "
I do believe I just attempted to be portentous and in fact was pretentious."
He sipped the cider

"
It's good, it might be worth you and Trelane discussing that list."

scene?

Ser Jorah Holt

Back to top Go down

Post by Ereth Redwain Sun Jan 17, 2016 3:48 pm

Scene!
Ereth Redwain
Ereth Redwain

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down