Dragon's Dance
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

[D4, LE] An audience with Ironrod

+3
Lady Corrine Marsten
Yoren longshore
Reader
7 posters

Go down

[D4, LE] An audience with Ironrod Empty [D4, LE] An audience with Ironrod

Post by Reader Sun Nov 29, 2015 7:10 pm

Lord Jasper Wylde, the Master of Laws, has formed up chairs and tables in the inn for the royal investigators to brief him on their discoveries so far.

Alongside the royal party, various curious locals observe proceedings, no doubt several spies and informants among them. Words here must be weighed carefully.

Prince Aemond Targaryen drumbs the table impatiently, occasionally fingering the pommel of his finely crafted arming sword distractedly. Ser Arryk Cargyll stands at his shoulder, alert to any trouble, frowing and shaking his head whenever dishonourable conduct is described.

Lord Jasper Wylde, Westeros's "
Ironrod"
Master of Laws is a study in contrast to his prince, diligently taking personal notes on a neatly ordered piece of parchment.

Ser Eoric Tully and Lord Forrest Frey sit together, occasionally covering their mouths to discuss a topic raised by the speakers. Lord Frey's sharp-featured wife, Lady Sabitha Vypren, sat to the side, her attention on the audience rather than those giving evidence. She still wore mail from the journey here.

A lonely podium stands at the head of the room, with every ear bent to what the speakers will say. Words that will be heard here, but echo across Westeros...

Event

Participants: one per house.

Rolls
Will (any) TN 9 - this is a high pressure environment
Persuasion/deception (any) TN 9
Languages TN 9 - nuances matter. How you present your argument is vital here.

Consequences
- Pass all three rolls = +1 glory
- Highest score across all three rolls = +1 glory
- Potential additional effects from evidence presented (please note someone from the Royal party whose disposition you're trying to influence and how - "
improve towards me"
, "
antagonise towards House Blackwood"
etc, but make sure this matches the abilities and roleplay used
Reader
Reader
Site Admin

Back to top Go down

[D4, LE] An audience with Ironrod Empty Re: [D4, LE] An audience with Ironrod

Post by Yoren longshore Sun Nov 29, 2015 9:14 pm

Yoren seems oblivious to what's at stake here. When ironrod seems ready he queues up, trying to be early, so that it's all out of the way.
"
My lords! My ladies"
Yoren starts his adress. Before adding something in Valyrian to Aemond. Afterwards he continues: "
I have done much work here, to try to untangle issues... I hope that you will all find my information useful. I'd like to add that at times things were unclear, and much evidence seemed off, but I've tried to make do as best I could."

I'll start at Warriors seat where I myself went not too long ago. The peasants here seem genuinely fearful over their future livelihoods. And I'll have to say that ensuring their safety should be a major concern for us all. From what I later learned they seem to be very angry too. Which makes our situation even more urgent, things are messy enough as it is."

He takes a brief pause, looking at Aemond Targaryen: The rider of fires.

"
Several peasant I met will swear they saw Tyron Blackwood commanding the cavalry. Some of them may have been lying, although I'd like to add that many told me the same thing. We also found a horseshoe to the blacksmith of the blackwoods, and we have clear links back to that house."

"
Before continuing I'd like to bring attention to a man who helped the smallfolk here: Ser Hugh Rivers, a local hedge knight of some renown, distributed food and supplies to those affected by the Blackwood raid. Many would have already starved without his aid. I'd like to add this to show that many local people might want to help, amd we should employ their help as best as we can, though we should be wary of their tempers.."

From looking at tracks I think that salt was deliberately trampled in to the ground by well shod horses.
This land has been severely damaged, and the damage was done ruthlessly. We need to see if we can still salvage some of it.'

"
Now I'll be moving over to Raventree hall. (I will add more/ edit parts, as I have an ongoing investigation here. I figure it's best to just get the ball rolling for now, adding info later.)
Talking of Lord Blackwoods murder I'd like to keep my sources secret, and they can then identify themselves.
My informant found what looked like a replica of House Blackwood's interiors, specifically the Lord's antechamber and bedchamber, plus the routes to them in the forest.
My source believes, due to the information that it was an inside job by a Blackwood, my source told me that it would be looked into."

"
At the Septry at battle valley I have gotten my information from a source again. My source found a Blackwood shield among the rubble, but it may have been planted there as false evidence, or so my source thinks.
Those who desecrated the septry may not have been Blackwood men at all, but could be mere bandits. Possibly in the employ of blackwoods, but my source don't think that they worked directly as soldiers for Benjicot."

"
At the False flag battlefield I went myself. I got a good deal of interesting information. House Blackwood troops will testify that the attack was disorganised, with an unclear chain of command.
House Bracken troops will also testify that the attack was disorganised, with an unclear chain of command, allowing them to beat it back easily. And when blackwood and Bracken agree, I'd say that it's a good chance that it's the truth."

Yoren smiles sadly
"
From what I understood Lord Blackwood could be convinced to make a show of contrition. He was understandably grief-stricken and distraught. He is but six years old and his father and mother had just been slain by treachery. His decision making may be unsteady. He is a good boy, and although what he did was wrong, we cannot punish a six year old!"

Yoren looks around the room at the uncomfortable eyes- Nobody should wish to speak in strong words to a orphan six year old. Yoren less than anybody. He promises to himself that regardless of what happens he'll be there for the inheritor of Yorens favourite book.

"
At the Village of blackbuckle my brother Athelstan travelled early on-before he was killed."
Yoren moves swiftly on, not dwelling on those menories.

"
He found that the village as a location had almost no strategic value. It was being used to store Blackwood prisoners by House Bracken, the layout made that obvious.
He found the apparently indiscriminate death. Whatever was done here, by who, was designed to silence everybody present.
The method in use was poison. As neither me or Athelstan is experienced in these matters, we let Daveth deal with identifying it."
Yoren motions to Daveth, allowing him to butt in with the details. If Daveth waits Yoren will simply continue, trusting Daveth to deal with it later."

"
The Iron mines above the battle valley was also done by my brother.
As he understood it both sides had fortified their mines.
The mines seemed to be flourishing with resources. The iron mines are still a significant asset with many years of production to come. However repair will take a while to do, regardless of who gets it. Some of the damage was caused by flaming brands. They were used to burn away wooden supports, making the mines dangerous.
He even found some wildfire residue. Fortunately it was not used, merely stored. This seems like a major concern to me. We should try to find it as soon as possible."

"
At the Borderlands between blackwood and darry we found out that Bracken did a transgression. They traveled into Darry land in pursuit of Blackwood forces, although they had not recieved allowance from lord Darry.
Both Darry sworn swords ans Lord Darry himself will testify that Bracken troops over pursued in to his lands.
From collating maneuvers and interviewing troops on both sides, Garred"
Yoren gestures at Garred "
Can confirm confirm that fighting spilled over in to Darry lands, with House Bracken troops pursuing Blackwoods over the border, damaging Darry lands.
He also found abandoned campsites, suggesting that there was someone stationing in area close to Bracken/Blackwood lands. Garred suggested that they were left by Bandits plundering surroundings
House Bracken has wronged House Darry by damaging their lands and encroaching on neutral territory. Although rhe area seems plagued by bandits that is no exuse for the Brackens to launch an attack on Darry land. Garred may have more information on the matter."

"
Covering the Village of Pennytree was again my brothers task. He found evidence there that pointed towards the fact that whomever was responsible there were the same that attacked the Dornish caravan, although no culprit was found."

Apologetically he adds: "
We sent nobody looking at the Camp sites beneath the royal banner as we have a lack of manpower. We did not wish to offend anybody with bringing too many men, so we ended up bringing too few to get the work done"
He looks slightly ashamed as he admits that he did wrong.

[url=http:
//orokos.
com/roll/347916:1lydf8uc][D4, LE] An audience with Ironrod Language (Westerosi)[/url:1lydf8uc]: 3d6 10 [url=http:
//orokos.
com/roll/347913:1lydf8uc][D4, LE] An audience with Ironrod Persuasion convince[/url:1lydf8uc]: 5d6k4 16 [url=http:
//orokos.
com/roll/347912:1lydf8uc][D4, LE] An audience with Ironrod Will dedication[/url:1lydf8uc]: 6d6k5 18

Last edited by 145 on Mon Nov 30, 2015 4:28 pm; edited 2 times in total

Yoren longshore

Back to top Go down

Post by Lady Corrine Marsten Sun Nov 29, 2015 10:00 pm

[ooc: I have expedited my rp somewhat, in order to not hold things up further.]

Corrine had spent a full twenty minutes in an antechamber before being called, steeling herself. She did not speak outwardly, but in her head, she was coaching herself ardently.

When she was summoned, she swept into the room with efficient poise, trying to give the impression of calm professionalism. She curtsied deeply to the panel before her, and greeted them politely in turn, before sitting gracefully, when invited to do so.

"
I and my fellow investigators are learning a great deal, though several of the matters have been revealed to have more tangled and far-reaching circumstances than anticipated, and must be dug into more deeply. Things have rarely been as they seem. What appeared first to be simple crimes, springing from this ancient feud, have shown to be part of a disturbingly insidious climate of discontent that will worsen if not handled carefully.

Maester Arran, a previously respected member of the Blackwood Household, has confessed to the poisoning of Blackbuckle, citing revenge as his motivation. He expressed great contempt for his betters on all sides.

Goodman Nathaniel Mason has also apprehended those responsible for the desecration of the Battle Valley septry. It was not Blackwood men, as first accused. The men who committed the crime were disguised, so as to divert blame towards House Blackwood.

Several of the investigators are making good progress with the matter at Pennytree, though I have had to place Ser Theomore Tullison under guard, as there have been accusations of evidence-tampering.

And, speaking of such things, Athelstan Pyke, of House Longshore, has died, by his own hand. There was an altercation at the Battle Valley mines. Lord Baelon Drakeson suspected Athelstan of tampering with evidence, specifically moving barrels of wildfire, and aggressively confronted him. I was with Athelstan at the time, investigating the mines, and Ser Markus Elridge can corroborate the story. Lord Drakeson's demanding manner, and the killing of Athelstan's horse as his show of dominance, antagonised Athelstan to the point where he refused to submit himself for questioning, and instead threw himself down a mine shaft. Lord Drakeson is now under guard as well, and I have appointed a tribunal to determine whether or not he has culpability for the loss of a potentially vital witness.

I held a meeting this morning, to impress upon my fellow investigators the importance of working together and co-operating, and most agree, though some have taken umbrage at my having taken charge in that matter. I hope it can be understood that I feel I have acted fairly, and in the best interests of peace.

I wish to express to you all my concern about Lord Drakeson's behaviour, following the mines incident. I know I am not the only one in this room who has counted him a friend, but I speak from a place of concern, not of condemnation. I am worried that his own personal pride and ambition are detrimentally affecting his approach to the investigations. He has been overly aggressive with a suspect, defied repeated requests to stand down, and seems more interested in gaining glory for himself than collaborating with the other investigators. I intend to speak with his present liege, Daveth Coldbrook, to ask that he bring his bannerman in line, but I thought that, perhaps, he might benefit from a quiet word from yourselves, whom he us more likely to respect."

[url=Will (Courage)][/url]: 5d6k4 16
[url=Persuasion (Convince)][/url]: 6d6k5 15
[url=Language][/url]: 3d6 15

[+1 Glory. Total = 46]

Last edited by 151 on Thu Dec 10, 2015 12:22 pm; edited 2 times in total
Lady Corrine Marsten
Lady Corrine Marsten

Back to top Go down

Post by Nathaniel Mason Sun Nov 29, 2015 10:09 pm

[This speech was written Nov. 13th, with only a minor revision to note the torture of House Blackwood prisoners. Obviously his dire warning about the smallfolk comes to late, as neither he nor I knew at the time they were going to burn down the Inn in an hour. Sorry about that. My bad. He has been incredibly busy.]

[url=Ironrod Speech - Will (Dedication)][/url]: 5d6k4 20 3DoS
[url=Ironrod Speech - Persusion (Convince)][/url]: 7d6k5 18 2DoS
[url=Ironrod Speech - Language][/url]: 4d6 11 1DoS

[+1 Glory. Total roll: 49] Improve Lord Jasper Wylde's dispostion.

As Nathan walked to the podium, there were many soft chuckles throughout the room. Hedge Knights nudged their friends and made lewd jokes. Smiles and grins spread out like ripples from stones dropped in a pond. He wondered who would be laughing when he was done.

Unrolling some paper, he glanced briefly at the contents and began to speak.

“When I was first asked by Lord Bartheld to represent his House at these proceedings, I was given two clear mandates. The first was to discover those guilty of these criminal acts and bring them to justice, whoever they may be. The second was to try and heal the wounds of those who suffer as a result of those acts and protect the innocent, be they Blackwood or Bracken.

I admit, I knew little of the conflict between Houses Bracken and Blackwood. I spent the month before my arrival researching the area and its history. I quickly learned that these incidents are just the latest in a long line of tragedies spanning centuries. I cannot fathom the amount of blood that has been spilt and suffering that has resulted from this conflict. I cannot even find anyone who knows how this feud first started;
although, after five hundred years, perhaps that no longer matters. Both sides are happy to list in laborious detail, the atrocities of the other, and both sides, unfortunately, are often right.

Obviously, with so many charges, I was somewhat spoiled for choice as to where to start. I chose the two accusations I felt had caused the most suffering to the people of these lands. The first being the attack on the Bracken Septry, and the second being the poisoning of the Blackbuckle well.

The matter of the Septry was relatively simple. It was obviously not the Blackwoods. Only a complete simpleton would attack a Monestary of the Seven wearing their House colours and bearing their House shields if they intended to deny their complicity in the attack. I also found it difficult to believe the Brackens would attack their own Septry simply to blame the Blackwoods. Early investigation indicated a third party and a sizable group of bandits operating in the area.

On the day of my arrival, I was able to locate the bandit camp and confirm their complicity in the attack. With the generous assistance of House Marsten and House Roxton, we were able to quickly subdue these men on the following morning. Unfortunately, their leader, Randolf, did not survive the attack, however I have collected enough credible eye witness testimony to largely confirm that neither House Bracken nor House Blackwood were responsible.

The afternoon of my second day, I turned my attention to the tragedy of Blackbuckle. Except for some extensive looting, the village lay untouched since the poisoning a month ago.” The sentence hung in the air as Nathan leafed through his papers. “I will not go into graphic detail. Suffice as to say, the streets, homes and public buildings were littered with the rotting corpses of the vast majority of Blackbuckle's population, all the Blackwood prisoners, along with the carrion of their livestock, horses, pets, and any other animals that were unfortunate to drink the water in the area. Blackbuckle is a village of the dead, be they the highest person or the lowest rat.

It should be noted, that while all the Blackwood prisoners died of the poison, there was clear signs of mistreatment by their captors. Given that all the prisoners showed such signs, the purpose was likely the extraction of information. It is my belief that the poisoner decided to prevent any information being revealed, and once that was decided, endeavored to cause as much damage as they could to the Bracken citizens in the process;
a goal they achieved with great success.

I admit I cannot, at the moment, give you any indication who may be responsible. My investigation is too preliminary in that area. However, I can tell you something about the poison. It was poison. The act was deliberate. The poison used does not match any of those commonly known. It stayed dormant in the body for a very long time giving no symptoms, presumably to ensure the deaths of the widest number of people, and then killed quickly to ensure the minimum number of survivors. There were none, to my knowledge. Maester Forthwind is proceeding with his research, but it is his belief that the water, if left untreated, will be safe to drink in ten months or so. A lengthy amount of time, certainly, but not 'years to come.' It may be that we will find an agent to cleanse the water sooner.

In accordance with my second mandate, I have started the long process of attempting to salvage Blackbuckle. The well has finally been capped to prevent further poisonings, accidental or otherwise. House Bartheld is currently in the process of disposing of the staggering amount of carrion in the village. The victim’s remains have not yet been touched. It is my hope that each may be identified and laid to rest in the manner of their faith. I also do not wish to deny the opportunity to any other of the investigators present to examine the victims themselves.

There is one final subject I would touch on. The suffering in both lands, and even the lands of the surrounding area, is great. Those who survived the long hard winter found little relief in the false spring that followed. The war between the two Houses has also brought more great hardship to the people, to say nothing of the terrible events that bring us here today.

The presence of the occupying forces of the investigation has only increased resentment. I have heard countless stories of inappropriate behaviour, abuses of power, intimidation, bloodshed, and rape. Whether these stories are true or not is irrelevant in the broader sense;
the people of these lands do not look upon the investigating forces as saviors… quite the opposite, in fact.

The people living on both Bracken and Blackwood lands are starving and desperate. Most are weak and broken, weak in body due to hunger and disease, weak in mind due to suffering and tragedy, weak in soul due to hopelessness. They prey upon each other as an act of simple survival, and they are preyed upon by at least some of those who were sent here to protect them.

Desperate people do desperate acts. I warn you now, the people in both lands are a breath away from revolt, and the military forces of both Houses may not be far behind, especially if they are ordered to attack their friends and families. The question you must decide, if the worst were to occur, is whether the forces of King’s representatives will be willing to crush such a rebellion should it occur… and accept the consequences of doing so.”

“Thank you for your attention.”

The room was completely silent as Nathan rolled up his papers and retook his seat.

Last edited by 119 on Mon Dec 14, 2015 1:12 am; edited 1 time in total
Nathaniel Mason
Nathaniel Mason

Back to top Go down

Post by Daveth Coldbrook Mon Nov 30, 2015 7:59 pm

"
Good evening."
Daveth begins in his typical calm, reasonable voice.

"
I wish to begin with an extraneous matter, since I believe it to potentially be of some importance to you. There was a large quantity of wildfire being stored in the abandoned Bracken mine, which was relocated some weeks ago by persons unknown to locations unknown, despite our best efforts. We have investigated this inn, Warrior's Seat, and Raventree Hall as being the three most likely targets, and have come up with nothing. I cannot be certain it will be used in this area at all, but I believe that under the circumstances, your party is the most likely target. I am not sure what can be done that has not already been done, but I do feel that you should be aware of the risk.

"
So, on to the matter at hand, in no particular order:

"
The Blackbuckle matter is settled, barring tying up a few loose ends. Unless any of them turn up any surprises, the poisoner was Maester Arran, acting alone, behind House Blackwood's back. At Blackbuckle, House Bracken troops were torturing House Blackwood prisoners. Because of his history in being tortured by Lyseni pirates giving him a pathological hatred of torturers, and his strong feelings of friendship and family towards the members of House Blackwood, he decided to take independent action, saving the Blackwood soldiers from further torture, and punishing the torturers at the same time, uncaring of the massive death toll his actions would cause. He has been proven guilty in front of the royal investigators, and has confessed to the same company. Further, we have applied an antidote to the land, meaning it will be usable again in about five months.

"
The attack on the Septry was not done by forces allied to either house. The Blackwood shields used were obsolete, and the attack lacked the discipline of professional soldiers. Based on what we know, it is most likely that the perpetrators were nothing more than simple bandits taking advantage of the situation.

"
At Pennytree, the first attack was indeed done by troops loyal to House Bracken for purposes of looting. It is not known to us who exactly gave the order. The second attack was not, instead being done by a loose collection of sworn swords not used to working together. Their purpose was to silence key witnesses to the first attack, and intimidate and terrify the remainder, prioritising that over looting opportunities. This investigation is ongoing.

"
At Warrior's Seat, we believe forces loyal to House Blackwood did indeed salt fields belonging to House Bracken.

"
The attack under a flag of truce by House Blackwood forces did indeed happen. Based on our investigation, it was unplanned, occurring due to a chance remark by Lord Benjicot, caught up in the throes of grief from the horrific loss of both his parents. Because of its unplanned nature, it was most ineffectual, and Lord Benjicot is genuinely contrite over the whole affair. We hope that this matter can best be settled by Lord Benjicot making a show of contrition to House Bracken, and the royal investigators can drop the matter.

"
The Darry border crossing investigation is still very much ongoing. While it is true that House Bracken did indeed over-pursue into House Darry lands, enough questions have been raised that we suspect the matter may not be quite that simple, and we wish to investigate further before allocating blame.

"
In the iron mines, Bracken forces attacked, Blackwood forces burned the supports when they were pushed back. When we were there, we estimated the repair time of the mines could be taken down to about five months. Further, the shortfall in taxes could be made up from an untapped crystal seam that we found there, once the mines re-open.

"
The only matter we have not looked into yet is the tragic assassination of the late Lord Bryan Blackwood and his lady wife. A crime of such severity would have so many eyes on it already that we felt our efforts were best prioritised elsewhere, rather than treading the same ground so many others have walked."

(OOC: If I can, this is trying to convince Ironrod that House Coldbrook is competent, hard-working, and honest (and, you know, should a knight of ours happen to be discussed by the small council as a Kingsguard candidate, maybe he's worth considering :;
): )).

[url=Audience with Ironrod - Will (TN9)][/url]: 4d6 10 1 DoS
[url=Audience with Ironrod - Persuasion (Convince) (TN 9)][/url]: 4d6+2 12 1 DoS
[url=Audience with Ironrod - Languages (TN9)][/url]: 4d6 20 Shocked 3 DoS
+1 Glory

Last edited by 133 on Fri Dec 04, 2015 5:55 pm; edited 1 time in total
Daveth Coldbrook
Daveth Coldbrook

Back to top Go down

Post by Septon Arlyn Tue Dec 01, 2015 5:53 am

[url=Will dedication to not get nervous during the ironrod speech][/url]: 5d6k4 13
[url=Persuasion convince ironrod speech][/url]: 6d6k5+2 23

[url=Language proper choice vs ironrod][/url]: 3d6 8(damn, 2 1s and a six so close)

[url=DP bonus die audience with ironrod lanugage kings justice][/url]: 1d6 4

increases language to a 11

Septon Arlyn inhales deeply as his turn to speak comes around. You are the Septon of House Dulver, leader of the Sept on the hearth, Ser Walton has charged you with presenting the evidence gathered from the house to the assembled royalty here. . The Septon exhales slowly, counting to ten while exhaling. Standing up straight as he can, he hears a few murmurs about his prodigious bulk. Putting on his most jovial smile, he moves to the podium that was just vacated, his new robes swishing behind him, making the large man seem almost elegant, with his deep burgundy robes accenting the simple pale yellow smock, the Crystal dangled from his yellow thong wrapped around his neck, the rainbows glittering occasionally from where it captured the candlelight. I will have to go find that clothier and thank her handsomely for this outfit, it truly is a splendid sight. Septon Arlyn thinks to himself.

Arriving at the podium, the Septon sets down his papers, and begins to look over the crowd. Thank the Gods that Nathan showed me his notes, and that convinced me to write my own. I might have forgotten what I wished to say if I had not Septon Arlyn thinks to himself, feeling a cold sweat break out down his back. At least these robes are warm he continues thinking sarcastically to himself.

"
My Lords and Ladies, it is with great honor that I find myself standing here today.

I am Septon Arlyn, of stony hearth. I have been chosen by Ser Walton Dulver, the heir to the House Dulver, to speak to you today about the investigation results that we have discovered.

At the attack on the Septry, it was discovered that those who perpetuated the crime did indeed carry Blackwood's shield, and the monks their are willing to testify that they were Blackwood's men. However, it was in the dark of the night that the attack happened, and it was disorganized, clearly showing that the attack was merely a ruse to attempt to discredit the Blackwood's name. Our Tracker, Luecian Longbow, discovered some shattered glass and bracken coinage, with half a pendant, meaning that if we could find the other half, we would likely find one of the suspects in the attack.

In the investigation of raventree hall, It was discovered that the nobles and servants appeared remorseful, Likely due to the fact that they were unable to protect their Lord. Although it was not from lack of trainning, it was appearent to Ser Garreds eyes that the Blackwoods men and sworn swords responded quickly, and were well drilled. Unforeseen by even the best instructors for the blackwood's men though, the attackers appeared to have inside information and quickly subdued the men and murdered Lord Blackwood. The two Prisoners, when questioned, did not reveal much information, but it was evident that they did have inside information.

The village of Blackbuckle... "
Septon Arlyns words trail off, even with the notes he had prepared he is at a loss for words, straightening he continues "
The village of Blackbuckle is the most heinous act that could have occured under the eyes of the seven. It targeted smallfolk, prisoners, and tortures alike. Thankfully the man was captured, but sentencing a crime so vile is still under deliberations. There was torture evident from the blackwood's men who were prisoners evident, however , that does not excuse this crime. Lord Blackwood has spoken out against it, and so has Lord Bracken, whom has seen fit for the royal investigators to see the horror in its totality!"
Septon Arlyn punctuated that last point, his displeasure evident about the poisoning and lack of progress having been made. "
I have written the silent sisters, and the local Septons to come give the last rights to the victums of this attack, so that the victiums soals may rest in peace. The silent sisters and a few of the local Septons have agreed to come and assist with the restoration of blackbuckle. Thankfully, House Baratheld has been leading to effort to restore the place, as well as offering shelter and work for the refugees from both lands."

Taking a moment to breath, his mouth turned to cotton, Septon Arlyn looks across the silent audience. All eyes turned to Nathan and the Baratheld contingent. Whispers continued to break out from those assembled.

"
In the investigation of the borderlands of house Darry, It was discovered that house brackens men did indeed cross the borders in pursuit of house blackwoods men, and in there zelousy contributed to some damage to House Darry's lands. House Darry, who appeared to be weakened due to their own conflicts, have yet to strike out against this affront. There also appears to have been some camps set up on house Darry's lands, although if they were used by bandits, brackens or blackwoods would not be determined.

Earlier today Luecian investigated Warrior's Seat in a show of cooperation with Lord Yoren and House Longshore. From all accounts the peasants there seem very concerned of their future livliehood and many very angry and an angry man or woman can often take ill considered actions. The damage done to House Bracken's lands were confirmed as significant and our huntsman skill was able to uncover a hard to discover fully intact thrown horseshoe that we are confident could be tracked to the guilty party. It should be noted that the horseshoe bears the mark of House Blackwood's smith.

Also earlier today Ser Walton and Ser Garred supported by other House Dulver retainers visited the False Flag battlfield. It was discovered that the attack was clearly disorganized with members of House Blackwood even shooting friendly fire at their own. Many of House Blackwood's troops are willing to testify that the attack was indeed disorganized and lacked a clear command structure. The young Lord Blackwood seemed genuinely upset and saddened over what occurred but does not seem to have the same fire of hatred towards House Bracken that many of his descendants and relations possess. Perhaps this is a blessing that can be supported to mend the hearts and forge a peace.

"
The final investigation site is that of the mines, which also has me the most worried. But first for the basic investigation results... from Lord Dulvers education, and the assistance of the citadel from high tower, we discovered that the iron mines have many years of production left to come and repairs would normally take one year. However, with House Dulvers assistance and expertise in mining, that time can be mitigated to 6 months, unless our efforts were sabotaged, which could cause them to expand into 2 years instead. There is also a rich vein of gems, running from House Backens mine, to House Blackwoods mine. Form Ser Raynald Dulver, it was reported that the Blackwoods men set fire to the posts due to aggression of the Brackens, who had driven them back into the mines. In desperation they turned to the power of the earth to bury themselves and the Brackens in an earthly tomb."

Septon Arlyn shakes his head sadly. "
Such a waste of life and economy, The Smith would surely be disappointed, Now the most troublesome findings. It was discovered that a large cache of wildfire was being stored in the Brackens mine was recently moved. Shards of pottery were evident as well in the bracken mine to confirm this. In our investigations about the wildfire it appears that the story has been suppressed or hushed, and the wagons and men it would take to move such a quantity of wildfire so quickly is quite alarming, leading me to believe that their is an organized resistance in these lands, with a large cache of a highly volatile substance. I'm sure you have been informed, but please keep an eye out for any suspicious activity and report it at once. We have men from the Dulver camp seeking out were these people might be hiding but have thus far been unsuccessful. "
Septon Arlyn finishes this with almost a plea, before returning to his seat.

total = 47
passed all 3 = +1 glory

Last edited by 167 on Sat Dec 05, 2015 3:28 pm; edited 2 times in total
Septon Arlyn
Septon Arlyn

Back to top Go down

Post by Marq Mooton Fri Dec 04, 2015 4:30 pm

Well, this was...unexpected. Dunstan wasn't feeling quite well this day, Marq would have made a jape about inappropriate bowel behavior standing in front of the prince and these high lords, if it was the bowel that was the problem. Only there was nobody to make it to, might be he could yet have the chance when Dunstan had recovered, he seemed only happy to laugh with Marq, only a pity he had not learned how to deliver a riposte from his uncle. Haelis needed to tend to Dunstan, the lady Yve seemed less than willing to perform this duty, and Ser Theomore was out in the field. Which left Ser Ulbert and Marq.

And then, of course, Marq had to volunteer just to savor the look on the face of the old geezer. To call Ser Ulbert sour would be an insult to Valyrian wine, assuming there was any leftover from before the doom. It had taken a particularly delicious shade of dread at the prospect of giving task of representing of House Tullison to some young wheat-behind-the-ears-whelp that ought to be taken out behind the tent for a good round of spanking. Not that Ser Ulbert had said that, but the sight of him struggling not to share that opinion made the fact that he actually had to work on the presentation worth it.

And so Marq walked up to the podium, working up his confidence and flashing a wide smile to his uncle, oh, how delightful an expression of surprise on his face. Then it was time to present their findings. There were indications at Pennytree that Bracken troops were involved, attacking the caravans, though there were also signs of some third party being active, maybe related, maybe not. For the mines, all evidence suggests that the Brackens attacked with burning brands. House Tullison's findings at Blackbuckle supported the use of poison. Finally, The Lord Blackwood Assassination, that was a planned strike from House Bracken, corroborated by witness reports, confessions and other evidence.

[url=will][/url]: 3d6 [url=spend DP for +1b][/url]: 1d6 11
[url=Charm][/url]: 7d6k5+2 [url=attractive][/url]: 1d6 [url=luck reroll][/url]: 7d6k5+2 [url=attractive][/url]: 1d6 [url=and again][/url]: 1d6 26 Look at me nuncle, I'm important and stuff!
[url=language][/url]: 3d6 9

Total: 46

Marq Mooton

Back to top Go down

Post by Reader Wed Dec 30, 2015 3:11 pm

Ironrod's attention did not waver throughout, and he found much in proceedings that troubled him. Nonetheless, the diligence of the royal investigators impressed him. These houses, chosen for reasons good and ill, had acquitted themselves well and upheld the law.

In particular, this Bartheld aide that Maester Orwyle had oh so casually mentioned in passing had forensically examined proceedings. Orwyle you sly devil, you never do anything casually, I should have expected such from this halfboy-halfman as soon as you mentioned him. The lad seems his own creature but seems to care for the people. That can be directed to support the kingdom's stability and rules.

[OOC: remember to note the changes in your personal forums on both disposition (disposition is useful for intrigue, getting meetings and securing aid) and glory. Nice that the dice so closely matched Nathaniels description.

+2 glory to Nathaniel Mason. Lord Jasper Wylde (Ironrod's) disposition improves to amiable. Lord Wylde makes it known that Nathaniel is welcome to call on him when he next comes to King's Landing.
+1 glory to Yoren Longshore. Lord Jasper Wylde's disposition improves to amiable (no NPC specified, but honesty of shortcoming impresses Ironrod).
+1 glory to Corrine Marsten. Ser Eoric Tully's dispostion improves by one step.
+1 glory to Daveth Coldbrook. Lord Jasper Wylde (Ironrod's) disposition improves to amiable, and he will join his voice in support of Ser Jorah's ascension to the Kingsguard, solidifying Green support alongside the existing Black enthusiasm. He will be seen as a talented, legitimate appointment with broad support from both factions rather than carrying too much of a black tinge in this contentious times.
+1 glory to Septon Arlyn. Lord Haig Bracken's disposition improves by one step.
+1 glory to House Tullison.

Many excellent posts here.]
Reader
Reader
Site Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down