Dragon's Dance
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

D6 -ME Private Audience with Ironrod

4 posters

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

Go down

D6 -ME Private Audience with Ironrod Empty D6 -ME Private Audience with Ironrod

Post by Ereth Redwain Tue Dec 22, 2015 6:12 pm

Ereth kept his word and secured a private audience for himself, Theomore, and Yoren with lord Wylde. Ironrod might be tough and unforgiving in matters of law, but he is also reasonable man and he would appeal to that man.

"
Good evening lord Jasper Wylde, it's a pleasure to meet you in less heated circumstances, we brought some food and cider in case you were hungry as I am"
bowing slightly to him "
I have brought with me Ser Theomore Tullison and Lord Yoren Longshore as agreed"
after given the chance to sit and get comfortable.

(Ooc)will let other PC's introduce themselves before starting the intrigue(ooc)
Ereth Redwain
Ereth Redwain

Back to top Go down

D6 -ME Private Audience with Ironrod Empty Re: D6 -ME Private Audience with Ironrod

Post by Yoren longshore Wed Dec 23, 2015 1:04 pm

Yoren has left his armor off for this audience. He bows to the master of law before seating himself, Not speaking until he is addressed.

Yoren longshore

Back to top Go down

D6 -ME Private Audience with Ironrod Empty Re: D6 -ME Private Audience with Ironrod

Post by Theomore Tullison Thu Dec 24, 2015 12:25 am

"
A pleasure to meet again, my lord."
Theomore wore his best doublet for the occasion, bowing respectfully. These youngsters he mostly did not know at all, but older men like Ironrod that had been around for a while, he always seemed to be acquainted with those. For good or ill.
Theomore Tullison
Theomore Tullison

Back to top Go down

Post by Reader Thu Dec 24, 2015 1:28 pm

[Placeholder/subscribing to thread]
Reader
Reader
Site Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Yoren longshore Fri Dec 25, 2015 4:41 pm

As they had agreed beforehand Yoren takes the lead when talking to the master of law:
"
Thank you for allowing us to see you this day, we sought you on this day to discuss the tribunals."
He follows up with a general question: "
What do you know of them?"

[url=Initiative vs Ironrod][/url]: 4d6 9
Disposition: indifferent
ID 10
Composure 15
frustration: 0

Yoren longshore

Back to top Go down

Post by Theomore Tullison Sat Dec 26, 2015 4:41 pm

[url=iniative][/url]: 5d6k4 12
Mostly joining to keep the option of Theomore giving up something in a potential yield open, will likely not partake beyond that.
Theomore Tullison
Theomore Tullison

Back to top Go down

Post by Reader Mon Dec 28, 2015 2:16 pm

Ereth was able to engage Lord Wylde's companion, Ser NIall Lucas in small-talk to distract him, albeit it was not the most engaging or pleasant evening's company Ereth had ever experienced. Ser Niall regaled him with crude stories of his conquests, both martial and female.

Lord Wylde, the resolute "
Ironrod"
himself, was dry company, seemingly intent on driving harsh punishment wherever possible and bolstering support for Queen Alicent. Nonetheless, he seems to have a penetrating eye for the scheme placed before him, dismantling the arguments put before him with a keen eye and resolute will.

Lord Jasper Wylde
[url=status (reputation)][/url]: 9d6k7+2 31
ID: 15 [Dutiful]
Composure: 17/17
Disposition: indifferent (DR4)
Frustration: 0
Round 1: [url=read target][/url]: 6d6k4 22
Round 2: [url=Persuade (Convince)][/url]: 8d6k5 30 [Uh, sorry? Why can't I roll like this in combat?] - 4 DoS x 5 damage per DoS = 20 damage

Yield suggestions welcome.
Reader
Reader
Site Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Ereth Redwain Mon Dec 28, 2015 4:09 pm

Ereth exchanged stories with Ser Nial of his battles and his encounters with lysseni courtesans and Tyroshi sex slaves. The battles sound better when told as stories then when fought, but it made the memories of many fallen friends come back, but it did not let him deter him from entertaining his guest.

While still paying attention to the conversation between lord Jasper, Yoren, and Theomore.
Ereth Redwain
Ereth Redwain

Back to top Go down

Post by Reader Fri Jan 01, 2016 11:35 am

[OOC: I believe I had a yield from Yoren with a minor contribution from Theomore? Please post your IC description of such to move things along. Smile

Negotiating with the key players is tough, in part because of their high status boosting their initiative and intrigue defence (appropriately for the setting). Yields are wise.]
Reader
Reader
Site Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Yoren longshore Fri Jan 01, 2016 1:45 pm

[Sorry, I forgot this thread]

"
Our lands are suffering under bias, right or wrong is decided by who your friends are. Theomore, being judged by pwople who dislike him, Baelon being judged by his lords bannerman and his former ladys bannerman, we can all see that it's been rigged. These alledged crimes found place on lands owned by the liegemen of Tully. We should send them to Tully for trial."

Pausing for a second Yoren considers what incentives Ironrod would be the most swayed by.

"
Onto grander issues: Some attempt to undermine the lords of our country. They attempt to undermine our customs, they try to undermine the sinews of our lands. The biggest gathering of nobles saw the rise of Jahaerys the good, among the best rulers our lands have seen. Now, to show my support of our tradition, of our customs, of our ancestors I pledge a casket of the purest gold, in addition to my taxes. This, I beg, should be spent wisely to help our laws stay strong. As you are the master of law, I would like for you to ensure that my contributions are spent well, as well as that you remember me as a friend of the land, should my help ever be needed."

Yoren then looks at Wylde, searching for either approval or dissaproval.

Yoren longshore

Back to top Go down

Post by Reader Fri Jan 01, 2016 10:22 pm

The petitioners yielded before Ironrod's implacable arguments, swearing House Longshore to the Queen's cause and offering up much in political favour and coin that skilful tongues could have won.

Still, they had their goal, or part of it.

Ironrod would support their argument for Theomore to be tried at Riverrun. His enthusiasm for Baelon's trial being moved was only partial however, his visitors having failed to sway him fully that the law supported their argument. He could see some precedent for it on the weight of evidence and would press for such with Lady Marsten.

If the unconventional Black Lady Corrine Marsten invoked her royal authority on the matter he was content to bow to the King's banner.

To bow, but remember her defiance of the weight of legal precedent.

[OOC: Lord Wylde's visitors yield as your narrator scores a rare intrigue victory. Yoren swears House Longshore to the Green cause, as least as far as he can guide it until he is lord proper, and gives up resources as a bond. House Longshore and Tullison give up wealth and political influence to secure their goals [please note the resources surrendered in your personal forum], some of these surrenders contingent on Lady Marsten's decision.

Lady Marsten has the royal authority to deny Ironrod (a stickler for the rules and authority), but doing so will make an interesting long term foe. Smile ]
Reader
Reader
Site Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Ereth Redwain Fri Jan 01, 2016 10:52 pm

Once the conversation between Yoren and Ser Theomore had ended , Ereth takes lord Wylde's time for a few moments were they both agree that the views of male heir should be the one to ascend as tradition dictated. It was the natural thing, stability, and order. Bringing out one of his cider he offer the bottle to lord Wylde explaining to him that a monopoly of the market will only hinder the quality of cider flowing in the seven kingdoms, and fair competition should be encouraged so the quality of the good would improve. A bad harvest would yield lesser quality but if people don't know better they will be drinking lesser cider without knowing so, but paying the full price of it and being fooled. Ereth made a request only to receive enough help to introduce his cider into the market by having some taxation waved so he could sale his product to more regions in the seven kingdoms and shed some light that there is other ciders worth drinking and enjoying, but for now they enjoy this bottle.

[ooc]Lord Redwain collects his favor from Lord Jasper Wylde[/ooc]
Ereth Redwain
Ereth Redwain

Back to top Go down

Post by Theomore Tullison Sat Jan 02, 2016 10:05 pm

Theomore bowed as appropriate to Ironrod before taking his leave, once out of the man's presence, he turns to Yoren. "
I believe that I promised to share what I have learned regarding the Pennytree situation."
Theomore Tullison
Theomore Tullison

Back to top Go down

Post by Yoren longshore Sun Jan 03, 2016 3:55 am

"
Yes, the Pennytree situation could need some light shed on it. Tomorrow is the day of judgement, we will need to be prepared."

Yoren longshore

Back to top Go down

Post by Theomore Tullison Sun Jan 03, 2016 12:26 pm

"
I fear someone had me fooled, and in turn, I passed their lies on to you, my lord."
Theomore almost seems to admire whoever did that. "
I was convinced that a certain third party was attempting to frame Lord Haig, a third party I did not wish to anger, so I thought it best to give someone else the glory of discovery."

"
It turns out that men from House Bracken did indeed raid the caravans outside Pennytree, and the second attacks were carried out by the sellswords that Athelstan drove away. I approached Lord Haig to give him a chance to find the culprits and their ill-gotten gains and see to it that they were punished, knowing the man's character, he has little tolerance for men in his service that acts without orders. He seemed amenable to the idea, and agreed to follow my suggestion, I did not sense any deceit in him then, and I still do not believe there was. Though the presence of sellswords near Pennytree gave me questions to ponder, sellswords that I know, and they know me, and I would rather not be the one to expose them as they have powerful benefactors that would expect me to pretend that I had no knowledge of their presence."

"
I had a theory that these sellswords were involved somehow, and so I came to you, the truth would come out, certain lords would learn that whatever they were doing was exposed by the investigation, and they cannot be angry at that, as long as I had no hand in it as far as they were aware. And perhaps I even made a friend along the way. Everyone wins. Except those who do not deserve to. The following day, I went to pick up such proceeds from the raid that Lord Haig might have found among his men to add to our collection of evidence, but there was nothing for me there. This coupled with news of a second round of raids at Pennytree made me bid my man pinpoint the location of the sellswords so that he may lead you to find them, it would be a long stretch to imagine that the sellswords had no involvement."

"
When Athelstan found loot from the first raid at their camp, it seemed to me as if House Bracken had been framed, until I learned upon my return last night that Lord Haig had indeed gathered up proceeds from the first raid among his men, which brings forth the question of how it came into the possession of the sellswords, as the reports of my contact at Warrior's seat matches the one I received from the man I had accompany Athelstan concerning the items from the Dornish caravan. I do not believe that Lord Haig is involved in it, but considering that the Blackwood assassination was planned and executed from Warrior's Seat, there must be someone close to him that can accomplish this behind his back."
Theomore Tullison
Theomore Tullison

Back to top Go down

Post by Yoren longshore Sun Jan 03, 2016 4:32 pm

"
I do believe that the sellswords have allready been brought up as the wrongdoers here. However the timelines are obviously in need of improvement... Have you told your nephew about this? If he could back it when the questions are asked that will undobtedly be helpful. Could I get a written report on that, so that I do not miss any of the nuances in your story? One that I can read aloud to the assembly without them knowing that it was you who drafted it?"

Yoren smiles to Theomore: "
If you can come up with any of the names of members of the sellsword company, then that would increase the credibility of this document immensely."

Yoren longshore

Back to top Go down

Post by Theomore Tullison Sun Jan 03, 2016 7:52 pm

"
I could put it in writing of course, and my nephew does indeed know about it. But their names would be something only I could give you, aside from whoever paid them, and if anyone started asking after them, then people would know who gave it up. I would prefer not to draw the attention of those holding the leash of these men as the one that exposed them. Better to make them think that they were careless and that someone found them without my aid."
Theomore Tullison
Theomore Tullison

Back to top Go down

Post by Yoren longshore Mon Jan 04, 2016 7:23 am

"
Thats all right, names can be found, if people are interested in them. I will read what you have written to the nobles tomorrow, and you will stay innocent in it all."

Smiling Yoren adds: "
Just make sure not to write your signature on the paper."

Yoren longshore

Back to top Go down

Post by Theomore Tullison Tue Jan 05, 2016 1:52 pm

"
If my name is not on this paper, I would probably have to leave out certain other parts as well."
Theomore shrugs. "
It may be better if it is presented in a more orally fashion than simply read from a script, but I will write and leave that part to your better judgement, my lord."

"
Either way, I will share my findings with those delegates that I trust not to abuse this knowledge, so to many, the news will not come as a surprise. A pity that this whole affair is turning into such a mess. If only there were no Dornish merchants in all this to muddle it further...."
Theomore Tullison
Theomore Tullison

Back to top Go down

Post by Yoren longshore Tue Jan 05, 2016 2:31 pm

"
I'll be sure to memorise it, there will be no threats of repercussion for you."
Yoren smiles assuringly.

"
The entire area is a mess, and I feel that we have done more bad than good in these lands. I would say that the Dornish merchants are a blessing in disguise. Foreigners probably helped putting this issue on the forefront of the kings mind. We would not have been sent here if not for that."

Yoren longshore

Back to top Go down

Post by Theomore Tullison Tue Jan 05, 2016 3:40 pm

"
The truth is much more simple, my lord."
Theomore gives a heave of his shoulders. "
Lord Tully has neglected his duties to the crown, disruption of the mining for the royal campaign on the Stepstones, the assassination of a lord, the violation of Darry Lands, weakening the faith of foreign merchants in the Iron Throne's guarantees of safe passage, these he allowed to occur by failing to act when the king's peace was first disturbed."

"
I fear that the others will be blinded by such tragedies as Blackbuckle to fully realize what truly threatens the peace of the realms. I suspect that they will weight these matters as it suits them, or on personal disgust with the actions, with no thought to the consequences. Interestingly, three of these transgressions can be laid on the shoulders of Bracken men, the fourth on both sides."

"
To announce to the world that Dornish merchants were attacked....I believe I already did express my concerns over this to you my lord? I think it best if the treaty appeases those in Dorne that wishes to see harsh justice brought to those responsible, and yet, does not discourage foreign merchants, Dornish or otherwise with no knowledge of these attacks from visiting."
Theomore Tullison
Theomore Tullison

Back to top Go down

Post by Yoren longshore Tue Jan 05, 2016 7:52 pm

Yoren does not answer the first statement, reluctant to look into too many issues at once.
"
Yes you have expressed your concerns, and though I personally fail to see the benefit of omitting their nationality, I will trust your better judgement on that issue. I fail to see how such a detail can be harmful to us. Dorne might very well pose a serious threat in the future, if the inheritance is not solved, but now is not the time and we are not the people to get involved in that."
Yoren waves his hand affably, as if to lead the issues away.

Yoren longshore

Back to top Go down

Post by Theomore Tullison Thu Jan 07, 2016 6:55 pm

"
I believe it to be a prudent precaution."
Theomore repeats the words that Ser Narbert had said. "
Should a merchant of Braavos or Pentos hear talk about some merchant caravan being assaulted in the Riverlands, he'll just shrug and chalk it up to the general risk, there are always bandits of one sort or the other."
Lords and knights more often than not, but that was besides the point. "
Should he hear about a Dornish caravan being attacked, now that will pique his interest, those are much less common, and the fact that one was hit might imply that the Riverlands, and indeed, the seven kingdoms by association would seem much less safe to him. For if a Dornish Caravan was attacked, would it not be reasonable to assume that many Westerosi also was?"

"
But many in Dorne notice that it does not return, and we must also respond with enough strength to restore confidence, I think at least, that the Bracken men responsible should face the fate that befalls murderers, the merchants could hardly be considered hostile combatants or even uninvited guests to Lord Haig's domains. A more extreme approach might be to hold House Bracken culpable for failing to safeguard domains that should be protected by the very men that turned on that duty."
Theomore Tullison
Theomore Tullison

Back to top Go down

Post by Yoren longshore Thu Jan 07, 2016 7:20 pm

"
You might be right, and they should all be put to the sword, the question is merely if we do it or if we let Haig to it himself."
Yoren replies simply.

Yoren longshore

Back to top Go down

Post by Theomore Tullison Thu Jan 07, 2016 8:32 pm

"
As far as I care, my lord."
Theomore states flatly. "
Death is death, only thing that matters for me is is how quick, clean and respectful it is."

"
But the Blackwoods do hold to the tradition of the North that he who passes the sentence should hold the sword, as does House Royce where I served as page."
There was a thought he had not considered yet. "
Lord Royce told me that if you look a man in the eye and hear his final words, and then cannot bring yourself to slay him, then perhaps his deeds does not make him deserve death?"
Theomore Tullison
Theomore Tullison

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next