Dragon's Dance
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

[D4, LA] Good bailiff, bad bailiff (open for Sam)

3 posters

Go down

[D4, LA] Good bailiff, bad bailiff (open for Sam) Empty [D4, LA] Good bailiff, bad bailiff (open for Sam)

Post by Kevan Lyras Tue Dec 01, 2015 11:11 pm

As the group of men arrives at the Marsten camp, the guards bring Arthur into one of the closed tents, where they set him onto a small chair. After a couple of minutes in silence, Ser Kevan enters the tent carrying a bucket of cold water. He approaches the prisoner, who still seems to be impaired by the effects of alcohol and empties the bucket over him, before he tosses the it to the side.

"
Arthur, I hope I have your full attention now, you cannot afford to be distracted by the effects of whatever you took, as these minutes may decide over you fate."

The Marsten knight takes his castle-forged sword from its scabard and puts the naked blade on the nearby table in good view of Arthur. Refocusing on the guard, he folds his arms, his face hardening. Feeling that man was nearly broken already, he hoped to make him spill what he knew without fishing for each detail separately.

"
You know what I want to hear, so don't try lie on me!"

[url=Intimidate Arthur][/url]: 5d6k4 15

Kevan Lyras

Back to top Go down

[D4, LA] Good bailiff, bad bailiff (open for Sam) Empty Re: [D4, LA] Good bailiff, bad bailiff (open for Sam)

Post by Reader Wed Dec 02, 2015 10:43 am

There was barely a pretence of fighting under interrogation - Samurel had identified the right man.

A few minutes of probing questioning and answers began to tumble forth.

"
I'll admit it, what man denies his finest deed, or his worst?"

He sniffs back snot, but some life and dignity seems to return to his eyes as he unburdens himself.

"
Aye, I helped Ser Steffon set up training ground - my duty and no more."

"
That haughty Lord Blackwood had it coming. Setting troops to raid our lands countless times over the years. I have a beautiful wife, long blond hair, blue Andal eyes."

Like marries like, Arthur's hair and eyes are the as the images of an Andal knight in a Septry - piercing blue eyes clouded by tears, pale blond hair.

"
Do you know what it's like to raise a dark-haired son after such a raid? To have a wife who now recoils from your touch?"

"
What else can a man of my rank, my status do in such a circumstance? I have my honour, and I reclaimed it by playing my part in our vengeance. All three of us have reclaimed our honour."

He's spitting, defiant, before choking up a little again.

"
I'm only sorry Ser Rufus had to die in ignominy to protect the rest of us. Even here I only followed my commander's orders."
Reader
Reader
Site Admin

Back to top Go down

[D4, LA] Good bailiff, bad bailiff (open for Sam) Empty Re: [D4, LA] Good bailiff, bad bailiff (open for Sam)

Post by Samurel Manderly Fri Dec 11, 2015 4:46 am

Samurel entered the tent that held Kevan and Arthur. Dressed in fine clothing, fine clothing for a campsite site regardless. Faded greens with crisp grey linings. Facial contours masked with a muddied dirt. Posture in an upright but forward leaning manner.
[url=Deception (Disguise)][/url]: 4d6k4 18

Looking on Kevan, then towards Arthur, a darkness lingers in his eyes, the telltale signs of worn eyes, sunken eyes.

A voice with low baritone and deep resonance, in honesty hurting Sam with the force he put into his words. Refusing to Blink until an answer came from Arthur.
"
What matters to you Arthur... answer me with all honesty. What matters to you the most?"

The telltale signs of Sam's displeasure, his tongue plucking and picking and playing with the backs of his lower front teeth, mouth agape enough to make a proper scowl.

Samurel Manderly

Back to top Go down

Post by Reader Sat Dec 12, 2015 3:02 pm

"
My honour, and I have restored it."

The man seems to speak true - he is defiant on this topic but honest.
Reader
Reader
Site Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Samurel Manderly Tue Dec 22, 2015 4:58 am

"
Honor? Quite a curious thing to come out of you considering your deeds. Is it honorable to plan the murder of an unarmed individual? I ask because to me it seems like you seem to have a very particular opinion of the whole affair, especially since you seem to lack the will or drive to lie to me about your involvement and theirs."

Samurel Manderly

Back to top Go down

Post by Reader Tue Dec 22, 2015 9:12 pm

"
A Lord is never unarmed when hundreds of men stand ready to kill, rape and burn at their command. Fuck 'em."

"
Were my wife armed even with a kitchen knife when Lord Blackwood's men came to our home?"

His nostrils flare in fury.
Reader
Reader
Site Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Samurel Manderly Tue Dec 22, 2015 9:17 pm

"
of course not, what would I know? I mean, surely each man is but a pawn to his lords, who hold all of his chains, I can't hold you responsible for your actions, I mean you were just following orders, I'm sure the men whom you hate for their crimes were just following orders as well, but since they have no guilt in this, and they can maintain their honor through this I'm sure you wouldn't mind if we ensured your family lived happy safe lives with those very same men? After all, Following orders places all guilt on the lord and not on those who did the deed nor on those who organized it. Wouldn't you agree then? You have no fault, therefore these men have no fault either, all the fault rested on Lord Blackwood, and in this case, Ser Steffon?"

Samurel Manderly

Back to top Go down

Post by Reader Tue Dec 22, 2015 9:24 pm

Trapped by Samurel's logic and past caring, Arthur condemns his commander with his words.

"
Aye, but what Ser Steffon engineered were justice aimed at those responsible, not setting soldiers to despoil the innocent."
Reader
Reader
Site Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Samurel Manderly Tue Dec 22, 2015 9:37 pm

"
So you care of the innocent? I ask you Arthur, who are the innocent in your eyes? I know already you hold the late Lord Blackwood's innocent in contempt, but who else is innocent? are you Innocent? is Steffon Innocent? does a justice mean forgiveness to those committing it? You intrigue me Arthur, for man who holds honor and innocents in such high regard you seem to lack prospective on what either of those things are...

I'll concede Lord Blackwood's guilt, not because of his having it, but rather my lack of evidence for his innocence, seeing as you hold the very same points of importance in your own view. Guilty before proven innocent, I rather enjoy that prospect really, not having to deal with the little tiddlings of evidence and testimony to Mete out justice... Just about anyone can be made to look guilty in that way, innocence becomes an even scarcer thing for men like us, and to those we love.

I wonder then what you think of justice? I see that the despoiling of the innocents should be handled with death, then should the opposite hold true? should death be answered with the further despoiling of innocents? is that justice? a cycle of giving and getting atrocities?

I guess where guilt is easier to find then innocence, despoiling the little left in the world would be quite a harsh punishment indeed."

Samurel Manderly

Back to top Go down

Post by Reader Tue Dec 22, 2015 9:44 pm

Arthur hung his head and sighed.

"
I have done what needed to be done. Ser Steffon, Sandor and myself shall answer to those beneath the King's banner and the Seven if need be. What's done is done, all that remains is to pay the price."

He swallows, but managed to display either stoicism or fatalism. He'd leave a young family behind, if the worse came to the worse, but what kind of family was it now? Was it even his?
Reader
Reader
Site Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Samurel Manderly Tue Dec 22, 2015 9:51 pm

"
Yes, ofcourse, answering to the Crown. I wonder then what Ironies will come with that presentation. Maybe we'll have justice then as well."

Turning towards Ser Kevan

"
I'm done here Kevan, a broken spirit leading the way to broken men, I suspect Sandor will run, Steffon might too. Lets ensure that doesn't happen. We should arrest them both as soon as we have the men needed to ensure their compliance. in the mean time... I'll be keeping a close eye on Steffon,"

Turning back towards Arthur

"
Don't worry Arthur, I'm sure you'll get to make the choice between cold skin and cold steel."

With that, Samurel leaves the Tent, hanging on the edge of the waiting on any comment from Kevan or Arthur.

Samurel Manderly

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down