Dragon's Dance
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

D5 EA Meet the Dulvers

2 posters

Go down

D5 EA Meet the Dulvers Empty D5 EA Meet the Dulvers

Post by Ser Jorah Holt Sun Dec 06, 2015 9:28 am

Ser Jorah and Trelane approached the Dulver encampment. Having previously met the Septon and the hunter, it was high time he met with their leaders and Ser Walton had sent him a message wishing to meet.

"
Ser Jorah Holt to see Ser Walton Dulver. I believe he is expecting me."
He told the guards.

Ser Jorah Holt

Back to top Go down

D5 EA Meet the Dulvers Empty Re: D5 EA Meet the Dulvers

Post by Ser Walton Dulver Sun Dec 06, 2015 8:04 pm

Guards immediately stepped aside without word. While Ser Jorah entered the tent, he saw Ser Garred sitting comfortable on chair, with his legs on the table and cup of simple, sour red wine in hand. Ser Walton was sitting on corner of the same table, talking with him. He was just pouring wine from big jug into cup when he noticed guest, so quickly took one more cup and filled it too. He approached Ser Jorah and handled him one of cups with words -Ser Jorah, it's great honor to meet You. We heard great stories about You, Your reputation precedes You, Ser.- saluted with cup and took big sip, Ser Garred still in the same position, but also lifted his cup with respect. -I'm Ser Walton, son and heir of Lord Harald Dulver of Stony Heath. This is our Captain, Ser Garred Mountfort.- pointed on sitting man. -I heard from Septon that You asked for help in rebuilding Sept. I will say the same what probably Arlyn told You already: Dulvers are great friend of Faith and with pleasure will accompany You in this task. Naturally our engineers will take care of rebuilding as soon as it's possible, right Ser Garred?- Garred only lifted cup in response, probably confirmation. - But is there any other way we could contribute, Ser?-
Ser Walton Dulver
Ser Walton Dulver

Back to top Go down

Post by Ser Jorah Holt Sun Dec 06, 2015 8:41 pm

Ser jorah was surprised at how easy and quickly this meeting was going so far.

"
Greetings Ser Walton and to you Ser Garred. May I present my squire, Trelane of House Connington."
Trelane bowed to them

Ser Jorah Holt

Back to top Go down

Post by Ser Walton Dulver Sun Dec 06, 2015 9:48 pm

Walton gave friendly pat to squire's shoulder -Connington, aye? Great House, hopefully You will rise as high as it, boy. Squiring to man like Ser Holt is good start, I believe. But if You would need a tip or two about fighting with long blade, don't hesitate to ask me, as every knight has his preferences. Knight should always pass his knowledge further, remember that. Am I right, Ser?- Walton turned last words back to Ser Jorah.
Ser Walton Dulver
Ser Walton Dulver

Back to top Go down

Post by Ser Jorah Holt Mon Dec 07, 2015 12:52 pm

"
Indeed, I find I spend a lot of time training people. Obviously much of my time will be spent training Trelane now, but I find my talents in high demand."

Jorah thought this sounded like Ser Walton was wanting to ask him something.

Ser Jorah Holt

Back to top Go down

Post by Ser Walton Dulver Mon Dec 07, 2015 1:54 pm

Walton scratched his chin for moment in deep thinking -Indeed... I heard that Your armoured fighting skills are unparalleled, Ser Jorah. To be honest, and believe me also modest, I found not many men capable to fight against me. But I'm also derived from House, which was always putting trade and diplomacy above the swordsmanship, in effect of what, I may learned to fight in heavy armours, but they aren't my second skin. At least yet, Ser. I can feel better in them, I believe, but that's something what comes with experience, I guess...- looked attentively into Ser Jorah's eyes -Could You give any advice to young knight, Ser? I would really appreciate that, and it absolutely won't be forgotten in moment of need, if it cames to You, Ser.-
Ser Walton Dulver
Ser Walton Dulver

Back to top Go down

Post by Ser Jorah Holt Mon Dec 07, 2015 6:53 pm

Ser Jorah smiled. "
it wouldn't be the first time I'd trained somebody how to use their armour better, though certainly a lot younger. If you want, I can give you a lesson now?"

Ser Jorah Holt

Back to top Go down

Post by Ser Walton Dulver Mon Dec 07, 2015 7:39 pm

Walton smiled in response -With pleasure, Ser.- Ser Garred only whistled and young page appeared. -Training equipment for knights, boy- As quickly as page appeared, he left the tent. Almost in the same moment when Walton and Jorah left the tent, training brigandine armours, large shield and blunted long swords were waiting for them. While Walton was putting his training armour, soaked with blood bandage was visible under his shoulder...

[OOC: in case it would be fighting training Razz ]
Ser Walton
CD 11
AR 8
HP 12/12
F/I/W 0/1/0

[url=initiative][/url]: 3d6-4-1 10

[OOC: what would be quality penalty for blunted weapons?]
Ser Walton Dulver
Ser Walton Dulver

Back to top Go down

Post by Ser Jorah Holt Mon Dec 07, 2015 8:22 pm

Ser Jorah noticed the bandage and stopped, worried about the younger knight.

"
Are you sure you are alright to continue? That wound looks like it is still bothering you."
He asked concerned.

"
And Ser Walton, you won't need the sword, not how I train you to use your armour properly."

Ser Jorah Holt

Back to top Go down

Post by Ser Walton Dulver Tue Dec 08, 2015 7:17 pm

Ser Walton stopped in half of movement -Okay... Don't bother with bandages, they only look that bad.- smiled and continued Let's try it Your way, Ser. You are an advisor- showed the ground in front of tent with open hand -Field is Yours, Ser Jorah. I will gladly take any advice from experienced knight.- gave a little bow to Holt.
Ser Walton Dulver
Ser Walton Dulver

Back to top Go down

Post by Ser Jorah Holt Tue Dec 08, 2015 7:33 pm

He hefted the training sword deciding it was good enough for what he needed.

"
Now, the plan is that I hit you with the sword, not hard enough to hurt you, but hard enough to see how you move and how the armour moves in reaction to the blow."

When Ser Walton was ready, he swung the sword, clattering it against the brigandine.

Ser Jorah Holt

Back to top Go down

Post by Ser Walton Dulver Tue Dec 08, 2015 8:07 pm

Ser Walton was trying to avoid as many blows as possible, some of them missed, some hit, as Ser Jorah was skilled knight. Time was passing on, droplets of sweat were running down from Walton's long blonde hair...
Ser Walton Dulver
Ser Walton Dulver

Back to top Go down

Post by Ser Jorah Holt Wed Dec 09, 2015 12:42 pm

As Ser Walton dodged or was struck by his blows, he kept his eye on the young knight’s armour.
“I see what can be done. Let us try adjusting these two straps. You’re keeping them too tight, which is slightly restricting your movement when you turn suddenly.”

Ser Jorah Holt

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down