Dragon's Dance
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Come not between the dragon and his wrath D5 LM Closed.

2 posters

Go down

Come not between the dragon and his wrath D5 LM Closed. Empty Come not between the dragon and his wrath D5 LM Closed.

Post by Yoren longshore Sun Dec 06, 2015 12:42 pm

Millennials ago the second moon broke and dragons burst forth. Folk myths to be sure, but Yoren couldn't help but find a symbolic meaning to it. Valyria broke and the Targaryens burst forth.
If the royal council were to be heeded the man Yoren was to visit stood close in line to be king. Tradition was clashing with the will of the king, and only one of the two could be successful.
If my men are to die for one or the other, I want to at least know who we should die for.
As he trots up on his newly won steed, Roddric he has named it, the horse suddenly rears up, an unexpected thing for such a well trained steed. Yoren manages to get it under control, before he realises what the horse was reacting to: Vhagar. A good reminder of where Yoren could end up if Aemond did not take to like him. Vhagar had been lying down, and was not visible behind the castle, but now that he stood up, his head was clearly visible above the roof of the castle.
Oh dear Yoren thinks to himself as he struggles to make Roddric move into the stables. The prime horse that usually is easy to get under controll now has to be tied up to ensure that it doesn't run off. "
Don't worry, I'll soon be back boy. Here, have an apple!"
Yoren tells his horse as he heads off isn't that horse used to kings landing, why is he scared here? Yoren thinks to himself.
Arriving at the gates of the castle he sees substantial changes. He has to compose himself not to come to an abrupt halt.There are a lot of guards spread about, probably to stop any attempts at Aemonds life. Yoren strugges to determine whether this was a good or a bad thing. On the one hand Aemond was well protected, on the other hand, he needed to be heavily protected.
Hailing what looked to be the commander of the shift Yoren declares: "
Yoren Longshore, here to see Prince Aemond Targaryen.

Yoren longshore

Back to top Go down

Come not between the dragon and his wrath D5 LM Closed. Empty Re: Come not between the dragon and his wrath D5 LM Closed.

Post by Reader Sun Dec 06, 2015 9:28 pm

Ser Arryk Cargyll of the Kingsguard salutes Yoren as he announces him with his full titles to Prince Aemond's temporary chambers at the Warrior's Seat. Lord Haig Bracken had vouched for the ironborn's worthy character, helping secure such an impressive audience together with Yoren's valour at the Green Door Inn.

After Ser Arryk's introduction, Yoren comes upon Price Aemond himself, whose arm was heavily bandaged from the burns he had received before Ser Jorah Holt's heroic rescue.

In most partial blinding victims, a man would be tempted to fix his gaze on the surviving eye. Not so in Prince Aemond's case - the sapphire he used in place of his missing eye held more kindness than his remaining eye, which burned with fury.

"
It is good of you to call on your Prince, lord Longshore."

The Prince addressed Yoren with the respect due to the confirmed heir to his house.

"
Vhaghar is wroth - these peasants have struck at the very order that supports the Kingdom, and my steed knows it. Once my injuries are healed and Vhaghar is fit to bear me, I have a mind to burn this valley's corruption from it."
Reader
Reader
Site Admin

Back to top Go down

Come not between the dragon and his wrath D5 LM Closed. Empty Re: Come not between the dragon and his wrath D5 LM Closed.

Post by Yoren longshore Sun Dec 06, 2015 11:46 pm

Having seen the eternal lord Himself mere targaryen fire does not face Yoren. He nods at the princes first words:
"
I thought it would be best to get guidance from you as the highest in command here. We've been having issues with the investigation here and I am wondering if you could spare a few moments..."

As the subject shifts to burning of peasants Yoren decides to ignore that comment for now. I'm going to have to deal with a hormonal teen with a Targaryen temper with the most powerful dragon in existence at his beck and call? And the rest complains about food shortages? Yoren thinks to himself, wishing that someone like Daveth could deal with this. Yoren decides to instead focus on the issue they both agreed on.
"
Vhagar is a majestic creature indeed. I've always been fascinated by dragons, and Vhagar is the prime example of his kind. I have read both Barth and Thomaxs works on the subject, and the more I hear the more amazed am I. It's impressive how you managed to befriend Vhagar. He has witnessed history, he came with Aegon across the sea. How did you manage to impress it?"

Yoren longshore

Back to top Go down

Post by Reader Tue Dec 08, 2015 9:27 pm

A topic that emphasised Prince Aemon'ds deeds and power, perhaps as close as it came to a safe topic with the fierce young man.

"
I won Vhaghar by Strength. Strength respects strength, and Vhaghar is the most powerful Dragon known to Westeros."

"
An irony, given that I displayed my prowess by fighting off three "
Strong"
boys. They had me three to one, as powerful as you'd expect those born of their house to be. Vhaghar recognised a like minded spirit after seeing me repel the trio."

"
An eye for a Dragon is a far trade, and one I would make one hundred times from one hundred if offered the chance again."

The boys in question were Velaryon by name, but oft rumoured to be Strong by blood. Prince Aemond's words were dangerous. Other versions of the tale are less kind, with Prince Aemond merely pushing aside the youngest Velaryon boy before seizing the mount.
Reader
Reader
Site Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Yoren longshore Wed Dec 09, 2015 2:35 pm

"
A very good trade indeed, my prince. An eye for a dragon. And an impressive feat given the boys aqueintance to a man known to be the strongest in the seven kingdoms..."
Yoren pauses for a second before he asks: "
My prince: would you allow me to see it up close?"

Enough jibber-jabber for Yoren- The prince was calmed, or at the very least, calmed enough. His mind had wandered and he'd asked if he could see the dragon before he had had time to think. When talking to this dragon having your wits about was very important... wrong words could have unfortunate consequences.
"
My prince: As you know from last night we've had a few unfortunate incidents in this area. The green door in is but one of many. I fear that bad stewardship has been an issue here for a long time. Now the people are fed up with the bad governors and wishes for new ones. We fear that a riot will find place if we do not act. But how to act? If we bring in food, then the lords here learn that they can get off scott free, even if they did a bad job. The other option is to replace a lord to show that actions have consequences... What would be the best action to take?"
Yoren stops, looking to see how Aemond would react to this information.

[OOC]Should I initiate a proper intrigue or would a simple intrigue suffice? My objective would either way be friendship... for now.[/OOC]

Yoren longshore

Back to top Go down

Post by Reader Thu Dec 10, 2015 10:02 pm

Prince Aemond's answer was predictable to any who knew the man.

"
Fire and Blood. My family's words. Mercy only makes the next rebellion worse. Round up the ringleaders, sympathisers and execute them in the square. Fear will remain to quell unrest long after the royal banners and Vhaghar depart."

"
It was not Lord Bracken or Lord Blackwood who struck against the royal party - the latter is but a boy. Removing either would only give this lunatic mob what it wants. Never forgive, never encourage your foe with progress."

"
Why give these rabble-rousers what they want? A wise man would do all he can to restore the proper social order here."

[OOC: intrigue or offer me a good yield via PM]
Reader
Reader
Site Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Yoren longshore Fri Dec 11, 2015 7:07 am

"
Just like Aegon the conqueror: With fire and blood, seeing Vhagar repeat his heroics would be great indeed."
Yoren pauses for a second: "
There is, however, small bits of the investigation that needs to be wrapped up, like Benjicot attacking Bracken soldiers, would it be best to wait until after we've determined guilt before we cleanse the lands?"

Yoren looks up in askance: "
Aegon waited before he stroke, maybe waiting a few days could help us... Then those too cowardly to step forth at once will think that they have won. Then we will be able to round up even more of the traitors."

Objective: friendship, making him wait until the end of the investigation to burn the place down and letting Yoren come close to Vhagar.
Disposition: indifferent (will change when he uses shield of reputation).
Id:10
Composure:15/15
Frustration: 0

[url=Read Aemond (how much is pretence)][/url]: 3d6 8

[url=10 d6 from persuasion.][/url]: 10#5d6k4 15 16 23 21 14 19 20 11 19 14

[url=if his deception is 2][/url]: 10#1d6 5 5 4 4 3 2 2 5 3 6
Dmg=3*dos

Yoren longshore

Back to top Go down

Post by Reader Sat Dec 12, 2015 3:24 pm

Prince Aemond probed Yoren for weak spots, prodding at him to shown Ironborn strength by crushing the peasants of Battle Valley and quell the unrest by the sword.

The boy was young, but already had a keen eye for weakness and the throne's authority behind him, or at least the Queen's. Prince Aemond was scarcely less dangerous to bandy words with than he was with sword in hand.

Aemond Targaryen
Objective: Service - carry out harsh punishments in the Riverlands, setting aside fool notions of chaning leadership at House Blackwood or Bracken
ID: 16 [members of the Royal family have incredibly high status]
Composure: 9/9
DR: 4 (indifferent)

[url=status (reputation)][/url]: 9d6k8 24
[url=read target][/url]: 4d6 13
[url=Persuade (taunt)][/url]: 9#7d6k5 24 23 21 21 21 25 23 14 23 - includes Read target. 4 Damage per DoS.

Yield offers welcome. Twisted Evil
Reader
Reader
Site Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Yoren longshore Tue Dec 15, 2015 2:11 pm

Aemonds piercing eye on Yoren dared him onwards: In the beginning Yoren was reluctant: "
They're starving, you have to forgive..."
Forgiveness did not seem like a favoured word of Aemond, before Yoren could finish Aemone broke in impatiently:

"
We forgive nothing and examples will be made of them. Surely you're not wanting to lead them onwards? Maybe the fire isn't in you?"

Glimpses of his brothers death flew by Yoren, and he stopped speaking as Aemond pressed on with many further words. Yoren was slowly won over by Aemonds forceful demeanour and taunts.

As Aemonds monologue came to a close Yoren broke in at Aemonds predictable conclusion: "
Fire and blood."
They spoke in unison before Yorn cut off any further words from Aemond in a tone dangerous to use with the royal blood:

"
My fire's enough, all I'll need is their blood. These bastard riverlenders, we've given blood on their fields, Athelstan was killed on these lands protecting these people. Those not bending after the nine days I'll break myself. Let me see Vhagar, I'd like to see the unmaker of these ungrateful people."

Yoren nods to himself and speaking softly he adds: "
There's too many people in Westeros, we can't afford to spend so much effort on so few. They'll bow their head, if not I'll have their heads. These nine days are all they'll get, then they have had their chance to get back in line."

Yoren didn't know why, but he found this young man endearing. A young man with an eloquence, but still not stricken by the lethargic inactions common to those with many words at their disposal. Yoren recognised the aggressive spirit as that of his own a few years back. Suddenly Yoren wished to share a story with this young man:

"
About a Decade ago... I remember that I always rubbed my father the wrong way. I grew wroth at him on several occasions, so wroth, in fact that I drew steel on him. He was lethargic, he was old, he was filled with doubts. Regardless of my actions he always went to great lengths to try to expose weaknesses in my actions. When I first travelled by ship I remember the sense of freedom that came over me. I was finally able to get around without my father. I can only imagine how it feels for you, being able to fly, only you and a sturdy, experienced companion."

Yoren walks alongside Aemond as they get outside to meet Vhagar, the oldest creature alive, and with eyes that convey more intelligence than those of many humans. Yoren saw something deep in those eyes, they conveyed just as much fire as its breath. Reclessly Yoren approached this great behemoth of history and patted it on the scales- It was hot to the touch.

For a long time Yoren just stood there petting it. Up, down, up again until he felt a tear run down his cheek. First one then the next, then a flood of tears, a great, relieving flood washing away everything. He hid his face in the hard scales as if to hide from the world that wouldn't let him be. He wanted no part of it, feeling his heart throbbing in rhythm with the great beast, feeling his heat converging with that of Vhagar. Obliviousness to the machinations of politics, his olfactory had filtered out the foul smells. Only serenity remained.

Yoren longshore

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down