Dragon's Dance
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

[D5 MA] Practical Medicine Bracken's Library Pt 2

2 posters

Go down

[D5 MA] Practical Medicine Bracken's Library Pt 2 Empty [D5 MA] Practical Medicine Bracken's Library Pt 2

Post by Septon Arlyn Sun Dec 06, 2015 6:56 pm

Septon Arlyn arrives and seeks out the assistance of a scribe in searching out the information he was gathering. Finding one, He attempts to enlist him in helping track down the information.

[url=convince scribe to help, blackwood libray day 5 pt 2][/url]: 7d6k5+2-1 22

Septon Arlyn arrives back at the brackens Library and turns his efforts once again to looking for the elusive information. Unfortunately today the quarry appears to be more cunning then the Septon researching efforts and those efforts are thwarted by the false trails and leads that the Septon ended up chasing. Frustation taking hold Septon Arlyn merely holds his head in his hands. If only I had paid more attention when the Maesters were speaking.

[url=Healing research brackens Pt 2 TN 12 talented][/url]: 4d6 7-1 = 6
Septon Arlyn
Septon Arlyn

Back to top Go down

[D5 MA] Practical Medicine Bracken's Library Pt 2 Empty Re: [D5 MA] Practical Medicine Bracken's Library Pt 3

Post by Septon Arlyn Sun Dec 20, 2015 5:25 pm

Returning to the musty tombs Septon arlyn again begins his search for healing practices, hoping to expand his knowledge on how to help people through his healing arts.

[url=Search the tombs day 5 MA milk of poppy reduce injuries][/url]: 4d6 13 1 DOS

Finding some success he narrows down his focus to one of the stacks of books. Well at least that narrows things down some bit. thinks Septon Arlyn.

2/6 total
Septon Arlyn
Septon Arlyn

Back to top Go down

[D5 MA] Practical Medicine Bracken's Library Pt 2 Empty Re: [D6 MA] Practical Medicine Bracken's Library Pt 4

Post by Septon Arlyn Wed Dec 23, 2015 8:18 am

Septon Arlyn arrived at the library yet again. I think I have spent more time in these stacks of books then anywhere else. Thinks Septon Arlyn, sighing to himself. This time he had assistance coming though. Considering his previous attempts in this library felt that progress was going too slow.

Septon Arlyn brought along a small basket, filled with bread, a half shank of ham and a small half wedge of cheese plus a small sharp knife to cut them into portions.

Maester Forthwind approaches and Septon Arlyn greets him with a merry smile. "
Welcome, Maester Forthwind, I'm glad you can make it. I have uncovered some useful texts but I'm sure your sharp and cunning mind can make more sense of what is good information that can be applied to our healing attempts and what is hogwash. Such as filling wounds with dung to balance the humors. Barbaric, don't you think?"

Shortly after Septon Arlyns small tirade then Maester Healis arrives, heavy robes damp with the light sprinkle, and eager sparkle in his eye. "
Maester Healis, I'm glad that you could arrive as well. Hopefully with your assistance we can find the information that we seek, and we can share it together."

Septon Arlyn sets to work, Showing both Maesters the stack of books that he found, splitting the workload and poiting out various things he had flagged. The Septon hoped that Terren would arrive shortly as well, knowing that the young mans keen intellect would be very helpful in sifting through the books and finding the truth of the matter.

[url=day 6 MA Practical Medicine pt 4 research][/url]: 5d6 14

Maester Healis gives + 2 assist

[url=day 6 MA Practical Medicine pt 4 research coordination][/url]: 4d6 9 + 2 coordinate

4/6
Septon Arlyn
Septon Arlyn

Back to top Go down

[D5 MA] Practical Medicine Bracken's Library Pt 2 Empty Re: [D5 MA] Practical Medicine Bracken's Library Pt 2

Post by Terren Dulver Wed Dec 23, 2015 8:26 am

Terren arrived at the library as the Septon requested and per request tried to help the Septon in his research [url=Knowledge][/url]: 3d6 13

Terren Dulver

Back to top Go down

[D5 MA] Practical Medicine Bracken's Library Pt 2 Empty Re: [D5 MA] Practical Medicine Bracken's Library Pt 2

Post by Septon Arlyn Wed Dec 23, 2015 8:34 am

Septon Arlyn watches as the studious young man comes through the door, and he can almost feel the young mans excitement at being in a new place with so many new books. "
My Lord Terren, I'm glad you could make it here. This is Maester Forthwind and Maester Healis, from Houses Bartheld and Tullison respectively."
Each of the Maesters incline their head in acknowledgement of the young lord, and then go back to arguing about if winter was coming or if spring was about to arrive. "
My Lord Terren, if we have a moment, I would like to discuss some things here with you."
Septon Arlyn gestures over to the un occupied corner of the library. "
So I saw you taking notes during the presentation of the evidence with the Ironrod trial. What did you think of the evidence? Did anything stick out to you as odd?"
Septon Arlyn
Septon Arlyn

Back to top Go down

Post by Terren Dulver Wed Dec 23, 2015 8:50 am

"
I do think that most of the claims were backed with evidence and therefore decently reliable, although we can never really be sure. There wasn’t really anything that stood out as odd to me although there were a few differences between the info some of the other houses gave and the info we had acquired, a prominent example is that both house Longshore and house Bartheld believe the attacks at the septry were bandits where we believe it was the Blackwoods. Another difference is that house Mooton claims that it was the Brackens that killed lord Blackwood, I don’t know how far we are on research on this matter as of now. House Coldbrook also says that it was the Brackens who attacked in the mines. Those are the primary differences between what we said and what the other houses said."

Terren Dulver

Back to top Go down

Post by Septon Arlyn Wed Dec 23, 2015 9:12 am

Terren Dulver wrote:"
I do think that most of the claims were backed with evidence and therefore decently reliable, although we can never really be sure. There wasn’t really anything that stood out as odd to me although there were a few differences between the info some of the other houses gave and the info we had acquired, a prominent example is that both house Longshore and house Bartheld believe the attacks at the septry were bandits where we believe it was the Blackwoods.

"
Aye, the brothers who testified to us stated that it was the blackwoods, However Luecain discovered coinage and decided that the shield was most likely planted to throw off evidence. Nathan, one of the retainers for Lord Davian Bratheld, found out it was actually bandits, who were sold the shields by Lucas men. I had the grisly task of deciding those bandits fates earlier this morning."
Well, was pushed into it more like, "
However, so it is clear in my mind that the blackwoods did not commit that crime. Rather it was more of a target of opertunity. Thankfully your elder brother has seen fit to assist the Coldbrooks in reconstructing the Sept. Frankly I would have advocated for the same anyways, but as they started, I think it is better to assist them, as they already have the logistics worked out."

Terren Dulver wrote:"
Another difference is that house Mooton claims that it was the Brackens that killed lord Blackwood, I don’t know how far we are on research on this matter as of now.

I believe from what your brother told me in the beginging of the investigation that it was clearly the Brackens who did it, however they also appeared to have moved too quickly and were too organized, even against the defenders who had trained and drilled for just such a circumstance. This lead Ser Walton and Ser Garred to believe that they had some sort of map or inside information. Unfortunately we have not had the manpower to follow up on those leads, as we have been investigating other crimes."

Terren Dulver wrote:House Coldbrook also says that it was the Brackens who attacked in the mines. Those are the primary differences between what we said and what the other houses said."

"
Aye, it was the Brackens who initiated the attack in the mines, however it was the Blackwoods who fired the supports to kill both the brackens and themselves in a final act of defiance. Unfortunately the Blackwood soldiers are the ones who caused the damage to the mine that made in operational, but did so under the duress of the attacking Bracken men."
As Septon Arlyn finishes his explanations he then asks the follow up question.

"
So, based on the evidence that is presented, how best do you feel that we can try and keep the kings peace?"
Septon Arlyn
Septon Arlyn

Back to top Go down

Post by Terren Dulver Wed Dec 23, 2015 9:19 am

“Well both houses certainly have to be punished for their actions in the region, but I do believe that we have to find a more permanent solution, and to that effect I have been thinking about making Lord Blackwood a ward to house Tully in exchange for their protection of house Blackwood ( now you know IC about Terrens proposition).”

Terren Dulver

Back to top Go down

Post by Septon Arlyn Wed Dec 23, 2015 9:59 am

Septon Arlyn places a thick meaty hand on his chin and strokes it thoughtfully. "
You know, that is not a bad idea. From what was reported to me by our retainer, Short Tom, I think that Lord Benjicot has not yet been poisoned against the Brackens. This, also with the display of Ser Tyron Blackwood earlier this morning, makes me feel that the safest place for Lord Benjicot to be is not in his houses seat of power, but under another houses roof. Who better to learn how to be a good liege then his own liege lord Himself?"
Might be giving Lord Tully a bit too much credit here, but even he could not poison the young man any more then Ser Tyron could.

Setpon Arlyn begins to pace back and forth, looking from book to book, seeming to search for something.

"
Young boys are impressionable, particularly to charismatic and strong uncles, I fear what effect having Young Lord Benjicot around Ser Tyron would have on the peace and stability of the region. Perhaps moving him to Lord Tully's under the pretext of having Lord Blackwood learn the proper way to be a Lord would keep him from inheriting his families hatred."

Running his fingers along the books he comes to rest on a book titled Brackens and Blackwood histories and Treaties By Maester Northcott

"
Here is what I am looking for"
Terren hears the Septon Mutter to himself. Pulling out the book he begings filping through the pages, each on detailing various battles and treaties formed by different Lords, with an obvious slant towards the Brackens, but it still had the information that the Septon was seeking.

"
Terren, I think you plan is a good one, but if we want longer term peace this,"
Septon Arlyn states forcefully,"
is what we need."

reading through the treaties he empaisied

"
kings decree, brackens launched an assault for a grievance against a blackwood knight laying with a small folk, peace lasted 4 months

Lord Tully's decree, Blackwoods launched a dishonorable retribution 1 month later

Marriage treaty, peace lasted 14 months

marriage treaty, peace lasted 16 months"

Septon Arlyn looks to the young Dulver. "
I think that if we want our peace to be successful, we must push for Lady Kerry Bracken to be married to Lord Benjicot Blackwood. I know that she is many years his senior, but for the good of the realm I think that must be our position."

A wry smile appears on Septon Arlyns lips. "
Let us have Lady Kerry move to the Tullys holding, to better be acquainted with her betrothed. That would set both Lady Kerry and Lord Benjicot out of reach of one others houses influence. Then when lord Benjicot reaches the age of majority he will marry Lady Bracken."
Septon Arlyn lets out a little sigh, If only Lady Sofia had not married Ser Kevan, I know that she loves him deeply, however it would have been a much more sutable match to marry Lady Sofia to Ser Wyll.
Septon Arlyn
Septon Arlyn

Back to top Go down

Post by Terren Dulver Wed Dec 23, 2015 10:09 am

At the Septons suggestion of marriage Terren frowns slightly, seemingly deep in thought. His eyes suddenly refocus and he says : “The age difference is not the only problem here, the other part is, at least if you believe the rumours, that lady Kerry is already in love, which may make it more difficult. However, since the target of her affections is already married, it shouldn’t be impossible to overcome.”
Terren continuous to ponder for another 15 seconds and then adds :”Especially if we can convince him to aid us in such an endeavour.”

Terren Dulver

Back to top Go down

Post by Septon Arlyn Wed Dec 23, 2015 10:16 am

Septon Arlyn has an intake of breath. It is true, if the rumors they say about the champion of riverrun are true. He would be a powerful ally in this, and his Lady wife might be more then happy to help us as well. "
I think you have the beginnings of a solid plan here my boy."
Although half the trick is just making sure that he does not do something rash, or worse yet, have already slept with her. Madiens in love are hard things to dissuade. Even the kings justice might have difficulty breaking that bond. Septon Arlyn nods his head slowly. "
Lady Gwyn and Lady Corrine are both cousins, and they have spent some time together before the tournament. Lady Corrine is coming on the beast hung with us, shortly after we leave here. Perhaps we could arrange for the topic to be discussed after the hunt is over? I believe enlisting her aid in this endeavor would be invaluable."
Septon Arlyn
Septon Arlyn

Back to top Go down

Post by Terren Dulver Wed Dec 23, 2015 10:18 am

Terren nods at the Septon "
I do agree having the support of Lady Corinne and her house in this is matter is necessary"

Terren Dulver

Back to top Go down

Post by Septon Arlyn Mon Dec 28, 2015 5:48 pm

"
Good, then it is decided. You are a wise young man. Wards and marriages are the solution to this mess we find ourselves in. Maybe not the perfect solution, but I would like ot see what the other peace keepers can come up with."
Septon Arlyn praises the young man.

/scene, as the pennytree incident has already happened :;
):
Septon Arlyn
Septon Arlyn

Back to top Go down

[D5 MA] Practical Medicine Bracken's Library Pt 2 Empty Re: [D6 EE] Practical Medicine Bracken's Library Pt 5

Post by Septon Arlyn Mon Dec 28, 2015 5:58 pm

The Septon arrives at the library after speaking with Ser Jorah. with the help of the Maesters and Terren, he had found all the information that he required, now was the process of transcribing everything into his own book of notes.

[url=http:
//orokos.
com/roll/355199:1fergbko][D6 EE] Practical Medicine Bracken's Library Pt 5[/url:1fergbko]: 4d6 19
19 VS TN 12 = 2 DOS = 7/6 = research compelete

Septon Arlyn was successful in copying down the notes and consolidating the information as necessary. Good, I feel like this is the start to developing something very useful for lots of people. He makes additional copies for the Maesters. then moves on to search for the septon
Septon Arlyn
Septon Arlyn

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down