Dragon's Dance
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

[D5:LM] Help for the Injured (Closed)

2 posters

Go down

[D5:LM] Help for the Injured (Closed) Empty [D5:LM] Help for the Injured (Closed)

Post by Nathaniel Mason Wed Dec 09, 2015 10:49 pm

Nathan entered the Daleford tent as he was announced. He felt deep sympathy for this injured House. They had done their duty and received little for their grievous pains. There were few noble Houses that conducted themselves with any degree of nobility, but by all accounts House Daleford was one of them.

"
My Lord Adham."
bows Nathan. "
Thank you for seeing me."

A handsome man. He thought in passing. Broad shouldered and well made. The attempt at a beard is adorable.

"
I simply wished to give you this."
He handed the young man a scroll. "
It is a copy of Ser Olyvar Lucas' confession for the attack on the Septry. In it, he details his attempts to implicate House Daleford in the affair. I wished to ensure you were informed. While Ser Olyvar has brokered a deal that will save his head or a trip to the wall, he will be paying a substantial fine. I have already spoken with Lady Marsten, and she has agreed to give a portion of that fine to House Daleford."

"
I know you have been experiencing difficulties. I hope this will be of some help, however small."

[url=Adham Daleford - Persuasion (Charm)][/url]: 4d6+1 12
Forgot my BoA [url=Adham Daleford - Persuasion (Charm) -BoA][/url]: 1d6 1 but it made no difference.

[Disposition to Adham Daleford is Amiable]
Nathaniel Mason
Nathaniel Mason

Back to top Go down

[D5:LM] Help for the Injured (Closed) Empty Re: [D5:LM] Help for the Injured (Closed)

Post by Reader Thu Dec 10, 2015 11:47 pm

"
Aid unexpected and unasked for is a blessing from the Seven, you have have my thanks and my family's thanks."

"
Ser Olyver's behaviour is a source of pain and sorrow, all counted him a knight good and true. It saddens me that one we counted a friend should strike at us from the shadows. Forewarned is forearmed, we shall not be taken advantage of by his sort."

Ser Adham bows to Nathaniel in gratitude for the man's deeds, despite the difference in station between the men. He holds his arm as he does so, still bearing his injuries from the night before, but still in possession of his life thanks to Luecian's Longbow's bravery.

"
House Daleford does not forget its friends. Our home and hearth is open to you and yours."

[OOC: Ser Adham Dalefore is now Friendly towards Nathaniel, and owes Nathaniel a favour.

House Daleford is Amiable towards House Bartheld.

Awareness (empathy) please, then I'll come back to this]
Reader
Reader
Site Admin

Back to top Go down

[D5:LM] Help for the Injured (Closed) Empty Re: [D5:LM] Help for the Injured (Closed)

Post by Nathaniel Mason Fri Dec 11, 2015 12:37 am

"
Thank you, Lord Adham, but there is no need. It was more luck and intervention from the Seven than any effort on my part. I am only doing what I think is right and just."

"
You will forgive me, but I have very little sympathy for Ser Olyvar. He had a Sept attacked, destroyed his and his House's reputation, and attempted to slander your House for little more than coin. Coin is the basest of reasons to do anything. He gambled, he lost, and forgot the most basic rule of gambling. Never wager anything you can't afford to lose."

"
There is one more thing I would speak of. I understand that your sister is missing. With your permission, I can make some inquiries. I have many contacts throughout the Riverlands. I cannot promise anything, and do not wish to give you false hope, but if you share some of the details, I might be able to help you. I already suspect there is more to the story than commonly known if a ransom demand has not yet been made."

[url=Adham Daleford - Awarness (Empathy)][/url]: 4d6k3 15

[url=Daleford Sister Rumor Slot D5][/url]: 6d6k4 20
Nathaniel Mason
Nathaniel Mason

Back to top Go down

Post by Reader Sat Dec 12, 2015 3:07 pm

At the mention of his sister, Ser Admam seemed to be attempting to control his emotions, but Nathaniel's keen eye read the young knight.

"
You have not just my permission but my blessing for any efforts to locate our beloved Lily. The Seven have tested my family severely these past years."

Ser Admam ran his hands through his blond hair with worry as he recounted what he knew. Perhaps an agile mind like Nathaniel's could unpick the mystery...

[OOC: awareness and rumour results via pm]
Reader
Reader
Site Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Nathaniel Mason Sat Dec 12, 2015 7:46 pm

"
I will certainly do what I can. House Daleford has suffered much in the course of their duties. If I can relieve even a small part of that suffering, I will."

Nathan bows deeply and turns to go, but stops. He glances back at the young Heir.

"
Lord Adham, if you will permit some candor, it is clear to me that you are in great pain, from your injuries, and from the worries that burden both you and your House. After the current situation is dealt with, I urge you and any others of House Daleford to come to House Bartheld as both Lord Davain Bartheld's guest and mine. We would be happy to show you what hospitality we are able, comfort your pain, and perhaps relieve you of some of your burdens."

His type is probably more Lysette than me, but someone should try and soothe the man if he is to face a difficult future.
Nathaniel Mason
Nathaniel Mason

Back to top Go down

Post by Reader Wed Dec 30, 2015 2:24 pm

"
Such would feel improper until Lily is returned to us, but a necessity once she is returned to brighten our halls. Where better to celebrate than the famed Hart House?"

A serious young man then, but not a monk or martinet. A young man, with a young man's tastes to Nathaniel's eye. Handsome, but of drearily plain tastes if his guest was any judge.

"
I look forward to taking you up on your offer, for it means glad tidings and cause for great joy."
Reader
Reader
Site Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Nathaniel Mason Wed Dec 30, 2015 3:08 pm

"
Then I will do my best to reunite you with your sister so that I might also enjoy your celebration."

With a low bow, he leaves.

I hope there will be celebration. The Dalefords have suffered enough, in my opinion. Let us hope the Seven agree.

[/scene]
Nathaniel Mason
Nathaniel Mason

Back to top Go down

Post by Reader Wed Dec 30, 2015 3:55 pm

"
The more eyes on the search the sooner Lily will return to us, Mother willing."

Ser Adham returns the bow: shallow, but still more than necessary given the gulf in station.

[/scene]
Reader
Reader
Site Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down