Dragon's Dance
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

[D4, LN, Closed] The Cloak and the Dagger

2 posters

Go down

[D4, LN, Closed] The Cloak and the Dagger Empty [D4, LN, Closed] The Cloak and the Dagger

Post by Samurel Manderly Fri Dec 11, 2015 8:15 pm

Samurel approached the now smoldering Green Door Inn, Soldiers around him racing to doze the wicked green flames with Sand and Dirt and Mud. Not so frantic as he remembered just a few hours earlier. Looking around, Sam spotted someone who he had been looking to see since the afternoon. Suspicions and Honesty... such a queer combination. Dressed as the cleaner he had been earlier that day, Samurel approached him. One Nathaniel Mason

[url=Deception (Disguise)][/url]: 4d6k4 19

"
I figured I'd find you here, from blackbuckle to the royal pavilions to this fiery mess... you always have a way of being where it can be the most... exciting."

Samurel Manderly

Back to top Go down

[D4, LN, Closed] The Cloak and the Dagger Empty Re: [D4, LN, Closed] The Cloak and the Dagger

Post by Nathaniel Mason Fri Dec 11, 2015 8:53 pm

Nathan is at the healers area, comforting those injured by the fire. His soft words, soothing tones, and light touches calming the fear and pain of others. At the moment, he holds the hand of one young man, his other hand on the man's chest over his rapidly beating heart.

"
Shhhhh."
he whispers. "
You're safe now. The leg is not as bad as it looks. Take deep breaths. Give the milk of the poppy time to work. You're going to be fine."

While he might not be skilled in the healing arts, Nathan's skill in the hearts of men was obvious. The man visibly relaxed. His heartbeat slowed to normal, and with a few more soft words, drifted into the embrace of the poppy juice.

Nathan had noticed the arrival of the cleaner, but had paid him no mind, nor was their any indication of recognition.
Nathaniel Mason
Nathaniel Mason

Back to top Go down

[D4, LN, Closed] The Cloak and the Dagger Empty Re: [D4, LN, Closed] The Cloak and the Dagger

Post by Samurel Manderly Sun Dec 13, 2015 2:17 am

Tongue gently plucking at a low row of teeth.
Eyes verging on being shut.
A breath in

placing the near empty vial near Nathan

"
His study was cleaned thoroughly, not enough, scraps and splinters of wood gave the same result... not that you didn't already know that, seeing as he's been arrest with very, very orange hands as it were.

Turning around, facing his back to Nathan

"
Now I have to ask myself, what matters the most to someone like yourself... Investigating Blackbuckle, Healing the wounded, and if I'm not mistaken, you yourself ran into the fires to save a life..."

Placing a hand on Nathan's shoulder firm, but lacking in any force beyond that, no shove nor any jerking movement

"
You can keep the money, I didn't try to work for you for the money, I wanted to learn a little bit more about you, nothing much, just enough to meet you for myself."

Heading out once more, Samurel stops at the threshold.

"
You intrigue me Nathan, I feel a more... at length conversation on who you are would be nice, it's not very common I meet someone that pulses menace as well as you do. If you wish to talk with me like I'd like to talk with you, you can find me beside the Lady herself."

Samurel Manderly

Back to top Go down

Post by Nathaniel Mason Sun Dec 13, 2015 3:14 am

"
Serving drinks, perhaps?"
said Nathan as he picked up the vial and rose. He had obviously recognized the man at the previous day's assembly. "
You will be paid. You accomplished what I asked. I always keep my word, for my sake if not for yours."

"
I expect we shall meet again."
said Nathan as Samurel turned to go. "
... I am very fond of the Lady. If you really have learned anything about me, I trust you understand what that means."
Nathaniel Mason
Nathaniel Mason

Back to top Go down

Post by Samurel Manderly Sun Dec 13, 2015 3:34 am

"
Then pay me in words as well as silver, though I don't expect the exchange price to be in my favor. Perhaps silver would be best after all."

placing one step through, and turning back

"
I very much expect we will. Too few can do what we do as well as we do. After all, we both aim to serve."

[/scene?]

Samurel Manderly

Back to top Go down

Post by Nathaniel Mason Sun Dec 13, 2015 3:42 am

[/scene]
Nathaniel Mason
Nathaniel Mason

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down