Dragon's Dance
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

[D6MM]Trials and Tribulations[Closed]

3 posters

Go down

[D6MM]Trials and Tribulations[Closed] Empty [D6MM]Trials and Tribulations[Closed]

Post by Theomore Tullison Wed Dec 16, 2015 1:26 am

Two days out in the field had at least allowed for plenty of time for thinking things through. Theomore did not trust Corrine's tribunal, nothing quite so fearsome as truly just men. In a trial before a lord who understood that justice was about striking the balance between what was right for realm and what was right for himself, Theomore could walk in and take on everything, every lie, every falsehood...and all things true. Especially in a court where the lord considered Theomore a friend and his accuser not. How to achieve this he knew after waking up the day after, from what Marq had told him of the events of the inn. Yoren seemed the sort willing to grant the favor he sought, especially if the hunch about his feelings on the matter of Baelon was correct, then showing him the path would be sufficient. The question of what lord might be suitable was not too hard to determine, there was only one who could claim such authority, save for the king, and Theomore imagined that the latter would simply hand the matter back to someone else.

An easy enough choice, one devil he could make a deal with, the other would ask him up to dance. Theomore didn't mind dancing with pretty ladies. Devils? Not so much.

And so he found himself seeking Yoren to start write the pact that would be sealed with blood, preferably that of another, Septa Lyanna always said that they found the blood of the innocent so delightful....
Theomore Tullison
Theomore Tullison

Back to top Go down

[D6MM]Trials and Tribulations[Closed] Empty Re: [D6MM]Trials and Tribulations[Closed]

Post by Yoren longshore Wed Dec 16, 2015 11:20 am

Yoren seemed to have found time to be staring at the gardens of lord Haigh. At times where other people were busy travelling around, Yoren was preoccupied literally with watching the grass grow. As Theomore approached he waved his hand asking: "
Theomore, what a pleasure. Where have you been these last few days?"

Yoren longshore

Back to top Go down

[D6MM]Trials and Tribulations[Closed] Empty Re: [D6MM]Trials and Tribulations[Closed]

Post by Theomore Tullison Wed Dec 16, 2015 4:27 pm

"
Out and about, someone had to take care of outlaws, broken men and other rebellious scum while everyone else talks and examines the ground."
Theomore gives a chuckle. "
And these youngsters seems too caught up in their thirst for glory, recognition and satisfaction of discover to take the bother doing a task that earns them neither."
Only half-serious in tone, he shrugs. "
It would be a pity for us to uncover the men behind these plots, only to see the peace shatter by failing to contain all the rest that are in breach of it."

"
Gave me some time to think on things, too."
Theomore decides to get straight to the point. "
This tribunal, I do not trust it to deliver justice, honorable men they might be, but honorable men are the most susceptible to lies and deceit, and the Coldbrooks are not above using both to their advantage."

"
I had a thought that the king's master of laws might be of help in this regard, his word would most certainly supersede that of Lady Corrine, and if the decision is brought before Lord Tully, as it perhaps should be in the first place, considering that the mandate Lady Corrine claims to be acting under is extremely weak, her choice of tribunal being contested by half the investigative houses, and it's decision could prove to cause considerable rifts within the investigation."
Theomore Tullison
Theomore Tullison

Back to top Go down

Post by Yoren longshore Wed Dec 16, 2015 5:36 pm

Yoren looks a bit hesitant: "
I think that lord Gorman might be occupied with other matters. I also think that the master of law may be hesitant to step in, given the politics. Perhaps it would be the best way, but circumstances might dictate otherwise. The tribunals might be the best way to deal with all of this without having the whole realm crashing down."

"
I'm glad someone took care of the countryside while the rest of us were investigating the bottom of wine barrels. Somebody has to take care of the brigands. Perhaps we could persuade Aemond to deal with them more finally?"

Yoren longshore

Back to top Go down

Post by Theomore Tullison Wed Dec 16, 2015 6:13 pm

"
It would be interesting to learn what matters has kept him so occupied."
Theomore doesn't seem overly fussed at the notion. "
No, I think he will find the time, if say Ironrod were to decree that those accused are to present themselves to him."

"
I fear that the upcoming tribunal could hang like a black cloud over our proceedings here, we have enough issues to contend with as it is."
Theomore Tullison
Theomore Tullison

Back to top Go down

Post by Yoren longshore Wed Dec 16, 2015 6:18 pm

"
If you think we have the means to persuade him, I'd be more than happy, but I don't know how we could do that."

Yoren longshore

Back to top Go down

Post by Theomore Tullison Wed Dec 16, 2015 6:56 pm

"
I believe he will see the appeal, same as I do."
For different reasons, of course, but that never gave Theomore any pause. "
And it is about time Lord Gorman got off his arse to actually do something useful."

"
It may be that he is unaware of the matter, or simply does not wish to step in unless someone asks him to. Lords are sometimes like that, preferring to have a pretext to act."
Theomore Tullison
Theomore Tullison

Back to top Go down

Post by Yoren longshore Thu Dec 17, 2015 6:20 am

"
He's wise to be cautious. There's little to be gained from judging you or Baelon, all it would do is alienate a house from him, unless he decides to be gentle, in which case he'll seem weak. Making him judge the both of you might be a good idea, but be aware of the ramifications. The prince might be mad if he isn't consulted, Corrine will be furious, she's been undermined before, and see her reaction. It's hard on her, I wouldn't want to add too much to that burden of hers. If you are able to make everyone agree with you we will still have to tell her, perhaps it's better to tell her before we do anything?"

Yoren smiles weakly: "
besides, how do we persuade "
Ironrod"
? He got his name for a reason, and it wasn't for his flexibility."

Yoren longshore

Back to top Go down

Post by Theomore Tullison Thu Dec 17, 2015 3:01 pm

"
I suppose I can break the news to the Marstens, should this indeed become part of the news, perhaps it is best to let the lady hear it from Lord Ben?"
Theomore had been meaning to speak to the Marstens either way. About this and other things. "
If I let them know that it was mine own suggestion, the worst that could happen would be that she thinks I am playing politics to further my own agenda, and I suspect that she already do."

"
As for persuading him, I do believe that you have a brother to be that happened to save his life?"
Theomore smiles in a conspiratorial manner. "
Sentiment can be a powerful aide, though I expect that he would be inclined to send the matter to Riverrun regardless, I am fairly certain that I would if I was he."
Theomore Tullison
Theomore Tullison

Back to top Go down

Post by Yoren longshore Fri Dec 18, 2015 10:57 am

"
She doesn't think highly of you?"
Yoren enquires.
"
Yes, my brother in law Ereth would be just the man for the job! Talk to him and tell him that I approve of that course of action... I wish you good luck."

Yoren longshore

Back to top Go down

Post by Theomore Tullison Fri Dec 18, 2015 6:58 pm

"
It would surprise me if she does not think so, it seems to me as if she keeps close council with the Coldbrooks, Drakesons and Nathaniel, and I have had one or two discussions with her that might indicate as much."
Theomore gives a shrug. "
What would surprise me is if she believes those to not have their own interests to pursue, I am honest enough to admit that I do, perhaps I should pretend that I am here solely to seek impartial justice?"
Maybe he should have, though Corrine was not likely to buy that claim anyway. "
Besides, it just so happens that it is I who stand accused, and I will freely admit that I prefer Lord Gormon in a court that I know, over a trio of knights that I do not."

"
Best go look for Lord Redwain, then, you are staying here?"
Theomore Tullison
Theomore Tullison

Back to top Go down

Post by Yoren longshore Fri Dec 18, 2015 7:42 pm

"
Send for me when you intend to ask for Wylde, three men are better than two when bending an ironrod."

Yoren smiles , either at his bad wordplay or as a farewell, before he turns to the flowers.

Yoren longshore

Back to top Go down

Post by Theomore Tullison Fri Dec 18, 2015 10:16 pm

"
As you wish."
He did need to ponder if maybe he should join them, the downside would be that he could not make his own role as ambiguous as he liked, the upside was that he would have greater control of where things went. Now, did he not see Ereth around here somewhere? "
I was buried in all sorts of reports last night, much was merely catching up to events, though some are things I think you would be interested in learning of, but we can discuss this after seeing Ironrod."

Now to find the man that he would be sharing a liege with should things go according to design. As long as the plan was flexible enough, it usually did.
Theomore Tullison
Theomore Tullison

Back to top Go down

Post by Ereth Redwain Fri Dec 18, 2015 11:02 pm

Ereth watches from a far Yoren and Ser Theomore in the lord Haigh's garden having a conversation and hurries to speak to Yoren again, but he is already gone by the time he reaches the garden's, but Ser Theomore remains. He always wanted to talk to the man he had seen much and heard even more of, after all he was a Frey and he was to possibly marry Floretta and take Ser Benjen's place "
Good exchange, and one less Frey to worry lord Forrest with his stupidity or his scheming"

"
Ahh! Ser Theomore long time no see, we seem to always find ourselves in the same places, but really unable to speak properly it's me Ser Ereth Frb]y"
he smiles givng a quick hug to the man that might be joining the family "
Lord Ereth Redwain now, but no need of formalities between us, how are you doing, it's been a while since I last saw you."
Ereth Redwain
Ereth Redwain

Back to top Go down

Post by Theomore Tullison Fri Dec 18, 2015 11:57 pm

"
Finding myself much too busy to sit down and enjoy a good cider and make friends, my lord."
Theomore smiles warmly. "
Story of my life it seems. But I do have an appointment with Lord Forrest for a lengthy visit to the Twins once business have concluded here. Might be that chance could present itself, unless I have too much sleep to catch up with...."

"
But I was just about to find you, actually. I assume you have heard of the tribunal that the lady Corrine have appointed?"
Theomore Tullison
Theomore Tullison

Back to top Go down

Post by Ereth Redwain Sat Dec 19, 2015 12:18 am

"
I've heard from the evidence presentation that she accuses lord Baelon, but not sure of this tribunal. Not sure of what tribunal, is not like a House of the Vale can call such thing to a northern House. Yet by how harsh the Starks are, he should be happy to have this tribunal else where"
Ereth shrugs, but I don't really know the whole thing, I have barely spoken to Yoren and was mostly about his... recent loss"
looking at the garden for a moment "
There is always tie for cider, but I also invite you to my wedgging lord Forrest will be there if you are unable to catch him around here"

Crossing his arms "
What is this tribunal exactly?"
Ereth Redwain
Ereth Redwain

Back to top Go down

Post by Theomore Tullison Sat Dec 19, 2015 3:11 am

"
I do so enjoy weddings"
Theomore almost seem to cheer, but his tone turns darker almost immediately. "
What you say is true, and then again, not."
He pauses to find the best way to formulate things. "
We have been given a royal mandate to quell the conflict, restore peace and bring the King's justice to the guilty. This might be seen as sufficient pretext to judge Baelon or myself for that matter, though debatable indeed."

"
However, the King did not give the Lady Corrine the authority to pick three knights to decide for all the houses assembled, nor did his grace appoint her, and her alone to be anything more than the first of equals, the tribunal is a lapse of judgement, it will be used against her, and in several castles, her being a woman will be attributed as the cause. The truth is that she is young, and that her lady mother sheltered her from the harsh realities of the world when instead she should have been groomed and prepared for what she would have to face."

"
Aside from that, she has failed to consider how the tribunal might place the peacekeeping efforts at jeopardy by having us prosecute each other, and I suppose I might admit that I doubt the ruling of her tribunal will be fair, the accusations against me comes from the Coldbrooks, and ever since the accident with their heir at the Twins, they have been seeking vengeance. I expect they will paint everything they can get their hands on in a way that makes me seem the villain, nor do I trust them not to provide false witnesses and evidence to make up the difference. And I certainly do not trust these three honorable knights to tell the facts from conjecture and falsehood."

"
Yoren and I discussed this, and we thought that your heroic actions at the inn might provide the opportunity to set things right. You saved Ironrod, and thus he might be more inclined to approve of a suggestion you present him with, and I think it best for all of us if the accusations we have against each other were to be judged by Lord Gormon at Riverrun once our business here has concluded."
Theomore Tullison
Theomore Tullison

Back to top Go down

Post by Ereth Redwain Sat Dec 19, 2015 4:08 am

"
You have my help Ser Theomore, and I feel sorry for the Coldbrooks. The Drakeson's will give them no end of enemies for what it seems, and Longshores have yet to say their piece. Im to marry Alya Longshore after all so this might see my involvement sooner or later"

"
Ironrod is not easily swayed or so I hear, but who are the knights that are the tribunal? If I can shed enough doubt and is within the law he can be convinced, which I see no trouble in your case Ser Theomore. Just know Gormon will demand coin and lots of it, so be prepared"
Ereth chuckles "
Super with him would be a good time to speak to him, let us at least inform him of the dinner and if he can see us"
Ereth Redwain
Ereth Redwain

Back to top Go down

Post by Theomore Tullison Sat Dec 19, 2015 8:06 pm

"
Ser Jorah Holt, Ser Markus Elridge and Ser Jon Roxton."
Theomore says with a flat voice. "
Curious that one serves the same lord as Baelon is sworn to, and the other serves the cousin of Baelon's wife."
Theomore Tullison
Theomore Tullison

Back to top Go down

Post by Ereth Redwain Sat Dec 19, 2015 8:27 pm

"
So it's a set up to favor lord Baelon and find you guilty pretty much"
Ereth shakes his head

"
I've heard Ser Jorah Holt is something of kingsguard material, so he must be very loyal, which is to House Coldbrook and if he was there during the incident, he will side with his lord bannerman. Ser Markus Eldrige by what you say will probably find Baelon innocent also, but not so certain as for what lady Corrine said to lord Ironrod. She was wroth with lord Baelon and don't know if he was a witness to the incident as well, and Ser Jon Roxton or at least the rumors say he would have done the same lord Baelon did, yet no one has presented evidence of the bastard's guilt other than his kin-slaying to Ironrod"
scoffing at the appointed knights. They can't be there two of them might or not might be witnesses and the third one is not even impartial to lord Baelon"

Rubbing his chin "
Your case might be moved also, if one of the knights is part of the same House that seeks to do you harm, he is no longer apt to sit there for that, and he is a fucking Northman,they should know better than to mind their own business in the Riverlands, same with those Marsten from the Vale. It won't be easy Ser Theomore, but our arguments are solid and Ironrod will see reason and that this is just House Marsten way to shed responsibility and those involved save face except those they deem fit to pay for their political gains"
a small flare of anger crossing his face "
Let us make the appointment with lord Ironrod, after all he likes formality and all."

"
I tell you, I feel sorry for those Coldbrook's bringing in a troublemaker and making him lord. All bastards show their true shape in time, and he is no different, a bastard in birth and probably a bastard in more than one way"
spitting on the floor 'What disgrace, I guess northerners do things in queer ways."

[/scene?]
Ereth Redwain
Ereth Redwain

Back to top Go down

Post by Theomore Tullison Sun Dec 20, 2015 2:25 am

"
It may well appear so, Ser Markus and Ser Jorah both witnessed the event, and Ser Jon did indeed voice a rather strong opinion on the matter prior to his selection."
That was not likely the intent of lady Corrine, but such is the tale that would be told. "
The truth is more complex I imagine, but history does so prefer the simplistic view."
Of whoever it was that decided which history to keep and which to throw on the flames.

"
I do not believe the tribunal to be rigged to find me guilty, but I would prefer not to find out, manipulating Lord Tully is beyond the abilities of the Coldbrooks, those three knights, however, young Daveth has proved himself both willing and able to do such a thing against me in the past in his quest for vengeance. If I am to fight against lies, I would prefer to do so in front of a judge with the experience to see through them."

Especially a judge that liked to have one such as Theomore in his debt.

[/scene]
Theomore Tullison
Theomore Tullison

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down