Dragon's Dance
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

[D6,EM]A Scholar's Path (Open)

2 posters

Go down

[D6,EM]A Scholar's Path (Open) Empty [D6,EM]A Scholar's Path (Open)

Post by Daveth Coldbrook Wed Dec 16, 2015 8:46 pm

(OOC: I'm not expecting anyone to turn up, but if you're hanging around the Blackwood library in the early morning, feel free to drop in. You weirdo. :;
): )

Daveth was in the Blackwood library, looking for a book. While their collection was nowhere near as large as that of Riverrun, still, simply being around that many books reminded him of the time spent in that place, and, more relevantly, the Tullison library as he struggled to heal Lady Moraine.

Why are you even here?

What do you mean?

You know what I mean. You decided to be heir. You don't have the luxury of being a simple scholar any more, any more than Lord Benedict could remain a simple knight. You need to learn *leadership*, and you won't do that cooped up in here.

I had a revelation. I am me.

Congratulations. Only took you nineteen years. What tipped you off? A mirror?

I am a scholar. That's where my interests lie. That's where my skills lie. I will never be anything but that. Before, I thought I needed to be more charismatic, more like my brother, a more natural leader. And I do, but not exclusively. I healed Lady Morraine. I healed the land at Blackbuckle. I have a talent. And I can use that to political advantage. Particularly if Baelon hasn't wrecked my suggested deal with House Longshore.

Yes, I have to adapt to prepare for lordship. But lordship also has to adapt to *me*.

I am on a scholar's path, and I will prove that path's value to my father.

[url=A Scholar's Path - Knowledge TN9][/url]: 4d6 11

After some searching, Daveth finds the weighty volume of medical knowledge he'd hoped to find. Still, he needed his own copy to study leisurely, and that meant making a deal. Daveth made the request, and Ser Myles Blackwood was only to happy to allow 'his friends in House Coldbrook' to copy it in return for friendship and future considerations.

It's permission to copy a book. The considerations couldn't possibly be too onerous. ...Right? Mentally throwing the thought onto the ever-increasing pile marked 'problems for later', Daveth agrees, and sets a scribe to copying the tome.
Daveth Coldbrook
Daveth Coldbrook

Back to top Go down

[D6,EM]A Scholar's Path (Open) Empty Re: [D6,EM]A Scholar's Path (Open)

Post by Reader Sun Jan 03, 2016 10:27 pm

[OOC: promises made and favours given, rather than simply exerting royal authority. The honourable thing to do, but was it the wise thing to do? Still, Ser Myles seemed a reasonable fellow...]
Reader
Reader
Site Admin

Back to top Go down