Dragon's Dance
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

[D6 LM] Dulvers' Camp (Open after asking)

4 posters

Page 2 of 3 Previous  1, 2, 3  Next

Go down

[D6 LM] Dulvers' Camp (Open after asking) - Page 2 Empty Re: [D6 LM] Dulvers' Camp (Open after asking)

Post by Septon Arlyn Sun Jan 03, 2016 3:30 pm

"
Theomore... "
there was a clear hint of displeasure in Septon Arlyn's tone, "
you have helped us greatly in the past, and I plan on searching the warriors keep for clues tomorrow and the next day. But I sense that you are afraid of retribution from these powerful nobles."
Concern mixed in with the Septon's disapproval at the word of retribution. "
But perhaps you can tells us a few battles you fought with the leader of this band of brigands with, so that we can narrow down who this blackguard is? Or maybe offer us clues as to other engagements that these men might have been involved in? Just give us more of a clue, as if you say, these knights have a the day lead on us so we need some information as to who they are."
Septon Arlyn
Septon Arlyn

Back to top Go down

[D6 LM] Dulvers' Camp (Open after asking) - Page 2 Empty Re: [D6 LM] Dulvers' Camp (Open after asking)

Post by Ser Walton Dulver Sun Jan 03, 2016 3:59 pm

"
Septon is right, especially that it's we, who will put stick into ant's nest, my friend..."
added Garred shortly.

Ser Walton was silence, but he seemed to be tired of Theomore's excuses and circling around a lot, but not saying much...
Ser Walton Dulver
Ser Walton Dulver

Back to top Go down

Post by Theomore Tullison Sun Jan 03, 2016 4:38 pm

"
They have a three day head start I fear, and House Longshore did not organize a pursuit. At best they can be tracked to wherever they have fled into hiding. I believe that was their plan all along, the second raids intended to call our attention, leaving behind exactly what they wanted us to see."
Theomore shrugs. "
They were all mounted, and about twenty men strong, seasoned warriors as well, outnumbering the Longshores three to one, and they left everything the investigation needed to declare that House Bracken had been framed, if the ruse had been believed. And gods knows we've lacked the time to cover every loose end there is."

"
I would bring twice that number if I wanted to hunt them down, and then they would have the advantage of lighter burden along with us having to find and follow their trail. The investigations conclude tomorrow, and not even Dornish light cavalry on their famed sand steeds would be like to have a chance to catch up to them in time, much less come back to report their findings."

"
Even knowing who they are will not help if we cannot find who it was that brought the Dornish goods to them, and whoever that is appears to be quite conscious about what sort of trail he leaves behind. If we find this man, I can get the names and more out of him, I would know when he is lying about them after all, and then I will most likely know what else he is lying about. Very few men does not have a tell."
Though they did want something more to be appeased, probably. "
But know this, I squired for prince Daemon, and I have a feeling he will be very interested in learning of what has happened. I think I can assure you that those behind this will come to regret their involvement."
That was probably true, the prince was only forgiving of schemes he had not approved when they succeeded. Somehow, Theomore found it hard to believe he had approved this one.
Theomore Tullison
Theomore Tullison

Back to top Go down

Post by Septon Arlyn Sun Jan 03, 2016 5:31 pm

Septon Arlyn stares intently as Ser Theomore. something does not add up here. I feel like there is a part that he is leaving out... Something I'm missing. Ser Theomore has always been a true and just knight. Very courteous to me as well... But there is something about this situation that smells of an army's latrine. If only I had more time to track these men down... "
as I said, I will be going to the warriors seat today, "
and most likely tomorrow, "
so your assistance in this matter is quite helpful."
even more so if these shadows would and questions would stop clinging to you. "
But you mentioned that it would have to be someone close to Lord Haig, some one who would have the authority to act right. Could it possibly be the Maester? Or Ser Mooton?"
Septon Arlyn
Septon Arlyn

Back to top Go down

Post by Theomore Tullison Sun Jan 03, 2016 7:43 pm

"
I would guess that it must have been someone with the clout to gather up the proceeds from the men at arms if Lord Haig did not do it."
Theomore had always liked such mysteries, of course, he knew the culprit quite well, but what if he did not? What would he think then? "
And this someone must have been at Warrior's seat at the time to arrange the delivery. That would narrow down the list. Unless he is a clever bastard that had planted someone else to do this for him, but then the plant is on the list."
Theomore almost smiled like a child that had found some exciting new puzzle to solve. "
To catch a treacherous spy, had it not been for the last two words, I think I might even allow myself to enjoy helping with that. The best way would be an attempt to make him expose himself, set a trap, lay the bait, and hope he bites."
Theomore Tullison
Theomore Tullison

Back to top Go down

Post by Septon Arlyn Sun Jan 03, 2016 7:53 pm

"
So maybe spread the rumour that a man was captured by the longshores and was being held in the Dulver's camp, as the man was too valuable to not be gaurded by a large host, and after some questioning is willing to give up his bosses employer to the investigating houses..."
Septon Arlyn taps his chin thoughtfully... "
. But it would have to be the second or third in command, as it would be two obvious if it was the leader, and too far fetched for a simple bandit to know who the employer was..."
Septon Arlyn looks at Theomore, "
perhaps we can arrange such a tale to be told around some taverns. Would you be able to provide us with the name of someone in their command structure to add some credible evidence to the lie?"
Asks Septon Arlyn of the knight. "
Maybe we can offer an award, perhaps even 200 gold dragons for additional evidence to be provided? If the heir agrees of course."
Septon Arlyn looks to Ser Walton Dulver for assistance.
Septon Arlyn
Septon Arlyn

Back to top Go down

Post by Theomore Tullison Sun Jan 03, 2016 8:21 pm

"
If our quarry thinks himself capable of sneaking in to silence the witness, perhaps?"
More likely, such a man would rather flee. "
I would suggest a more targeted approach, work with Lord Haig to figure out which of his men could have been involved in this, then find a way to let word reach their ears that we are closing in on the traitor. Then we can hope that someone suddenly has a hurry to be elsewhere."

"
Though I see a hole in the captive idea, it is not unlikely that whoever we are dealing with is aware that there were no captives taken, and if so, the ruse will fail. I wonder if maybe we should simply tell Lord Haig what we know and what we suspect, I should think that he has both the time and motivation to see this man rooted out and brought to justice. The time we have left here is too short to do this properly I fear. We could of course attempt a more rushed initiative and hope it yields quick results, but that might also blow our chances by having the traitor realize that if he sits around and does nothing for a few days, we will leave and he can walk away from it all."
Theomore Tullison
Theomore Tullison

Back to top Go down

Post by Septon Arlyn Tue Jan 05, 2016 2:40 pm

"
That is precisely my fear Ser Theomore, that if we leave nothing will come of it and it will be left to rot like Blackbuckle. Perhaps knowing who had access to such funds would help in narrowing down our actions. Perhaps you could help me in thinking of who to ask Lord Bracken for the ability to question?"

[url=http:
//orokos.
com/roll/357022:31x1l9ru]Cunning check, who had access to Lord Bracken's funds, [D6, LM][/url:31x1l9ru]: 3d6 13
Septon Arlyn
Septon Arlyn

Back to top Go down

Post by Theomore Tullison Tue Jan 05, 2016 3:23 pm

"
The man who arranged for the Dornish goods to be taken from Warrior's Seat and delivered to these mercenaries need not be the same who hired them, I suspect he as well has been hired by whoever wanted this to happen."
Theomore had more things to discuss, however, and sending Lord Bracken on a spy hunt did very much appeal to him. "
Lord Haig and I have worked well together in the past, both recent and more distant, I can talk to him and ensure that the matter will be attended to, offering my assistance as needed."
Theomore Tullison
Theomore Tullison

Back to top Go down

Post by Septon Arlyn Tue Jan 05, 2016 3:35 pm

(Sending him on a spy hunt could be fun... But the Septon would prefer to get to the bottom of the Penny tree attacks, throw an assist on that and the Septon will be appeased enough to let the matter drop Razz )

"
Sure we can discuss the other matters, but first could you help me discover who might have had access to this, I am planning on meeting with Lord Haig Bracken later today anyways, perhaps I could broach the subject with him then?"

Last edited by 167 on Tue Jan 05, 2016 3:54 pm; edited 1 time in total
Septon Arlyn
Septon Arlyn

Back to top Go down

Post by Theomore Tullison Tue Jan 05, 2016 3:53 pm

"
I would imagine most of the knights and officers at Warrior's Seat would have the means. Someone that would know these men and how to convince them to part with their goods."
Theomore muses. "
It looks like a rushed operation, as if someone did not have much time in the planning. Perhaps I helped by making it so that they need not collect it on their own? Perhaps they would have succeeded had I not told Lord Haig about my suspicions?"

"
I should have liked to join you, but I fear I have too many duties with greater urgency than this."

[Theo didn't say the part about important matters out loud, mind you, but you get +1 on the roll.]
Theomore Tullison
Theomore Tullison

Back to top Go down

Post by Septon Arlyn Tue Jan 05, 2016 3:56 pm

Septon Arlyn nods at the knights words. "
Aye, true enough..."
Well Ser is [url][/url]there anything b else you would like to discuss? "

Ser Walton also offered their options on who it might be and Ser Garred coordinated his thoughts on the matter as well

[url:c7wmckt1]http:
//orokos.
com/roll/357032[/url:c7wmckt1]

(Brings total up to 16)
Septon Arlyn
Septon Arlyn

Back to top Go down

Post by Theomore Tullison Thu Jan 07, 2016 7:08 pm

"
More on Pennytree, actually."
Theomore pinches the bridge of his nose. "
A bloody mess this has turned out to be, as I mentioned to Ser Walton earlier, I think it best that the fact that these were Dornish caravans be omitted from the treaty, we cannot leave the crime unattended of course, but to let the acts of a few Bracken men acting without orders threaten trade between the seven kingdom and foreign merchants, and not just from Dorne, that I would wish to prevent if I can."

"
At the same time, many in Dorne will know of the rumors, or at least notice that a caravan does not return, they will put two and two together, and I think an example will be needed to restore confidence. Some will be pragmatic enough to accept that we choose not to mention Dorne by name, others might get incensed, but I do not think omitting this would matter as much as what we do with it. And those at the caravans were slaughtered to a man, I believe that is called murder, and we usually respond rather harshly to that."

"
I think we will have to give them all the murderer's fate, perhaps even consider if further sanction against House Bracken for failing to safeguard territory ostensibly under their protection, from it's own men and sellswords both."
Theomore Tullison
Theomore Tullison

Back to top Go down

Post by Septon Arlyn Thu Jan 07, 2016 7:58 pm

That would be bad for peace with dorne, especially since we were at war with them not to many years ago. Perhaps the best way to keep the peace would be to not mention Dorne in this treaty, especially as these merchants, who are not only non-combatants, but under the kings banner of truce as well, so it could be argued that this attack was against the king as well... "
not to mention a reminder of prince Daemon's defeat at the hands of the dornish as well. "
perhaps for peace it would be better to merely punish those who participated in the attack harshly, to better show foreign merchants , and other gross that may think that a merchant caravan is a good way to get some quick enrichment, that attacks against trade is unacceptable in the eyes of the king. Although there should be an effort to track down this other mercenary company that turned bandit, and bring them to the same justice that we will show Lord Haig Bracken's men. "
Septon Arlyn
Septon Arlyn

Back to top Go down

Post by Theomore Tullison Fri Jan 08, 2016 7:27 am

"
They should, yes."
Theomore agrees. "
Sadly, it is not so easy as to simply arrest twenty men and bring them to justice, perhaps their captain could be. Perhaps he decides to give up his men in return for leniency, perhaps he prefers to die."

"
But he is merely a sword, someone hired him. And that would be the man truly responsible, though it would be good for the realms to show sellswords that they are equally responsible for their acts."

"
I shall see if I cannot learn more, I know who to consult with to find who might have hired these men, it will take time, but these men had us almost fooled, and I think I will take a certain amount of satisfaction in having them regret it."
That last statement holds a considerable amount of determination on Theomore's part. "
I can speak with Lord Haig on how to uncover the spy in his midst while I work the angle of tracking down the man behind the sellswords once I have the liberty of time to make inquiries to the right sort of people. A slow process perhaps, but I believe we can leave this one for Lord Bracken to administer justice."
Theomore Tullison
Theomore Tullison

Back to top Go down

Post by Septon Arlyn Fri Jan 08, 2016 11:13 pm

"
That us good Ser Theomore. Maybe I will offer my own services to Lord Haig Bracken in rooting out these dangerous people."
Septon Arlyn gives Theomore a warm smile.
Septon Arlyn
Septon Arlyn

Back to top Go down

Post by Theomore Tullison Sat Jan 09, 2016 2:31 pm

"
I am sure he would appreciate the offer, perhaps we could find time to go together tomorrow morning?"
Theomore suggests. "
Hammering out the treaty could take all night considering the diversity of opinion I suspect we have assembled, and more than one among us are rather stubborn and quarrelsome when it comes to arguing their point of view."
That brought a smile to his face. "
One such as me would look forward to it had the stakes not been so high, we should take the time we need, but I shall be glad to be finished with it."

"
I wonder, Ser Walton, have you made any thoughts as to which crimes in particular you find to be worse than others?"
Theomore Tullison
Theomore Tullison

Back to top Go down

Post by Ser Walton Dulver Sat Jan 09, 2016 2:52 pm

Ser Walton didn't have to think long to answer this question. "
Of course assassination of Lord Blackwood. But except that, attack on Dornish caravan was bandit act, and if You ask me, men who did that, should be hanged like simple bandits, Ser."
Walton shrugged indifferently, while continuing. "
But what can we say, if everything will be played out like Marstens and their supporters want, Ser? That Royal Mission, given in good will and hopes, turned out to be farce, if I may speak freely, Tullison. Obvious will be sentenced, profitable set like they want, and they will let others to bend what's less important. I may be wrong, Ser, but that's what my heart and mind prompt..."
Then Walton pointed towards Theomore with his cup. "
And what cases You see more offensive, Ser? And what are Your feelings about tomorrow's treaty?"
Last word was said with disgust
Ser Walton Dulver
Ser Walton Dulver

Back to top Go down

Post by Theomore Tullison Sat Jan 09, 2016 4:18 pm

This one does not hold House Marsten in high regard, Theomore notes to himself, the lady ought to watch out, but for his own part, such feelings was helpful.

"
I think, ser, that we must distinguish between that which is most serious in the eyes of the gods, and that which is most serious in the eyes of the crown. I shall defer to the good septon as to former, but I would guess that the attack upon the septry and the poisoning of Blackbuckle are the more heinous, and many will find these two the most revolting."

"
The Blackwood assassination would top that list as well, adding to this, I too would list the raids at Pennytree for the assault upon neutral merchants, in lands under Lord Haig's protection no less, threatening to disrupt trade for the seven kingdoms. Then I would rank the Iron Mines for the disruption of income and supplies to the campaigns of the crown, and the violation of Darry territory, by forces of both houses. These other issues mostly concerns Blackwood and Bracken only. Though I fear that some may be unable to look beyond these, blinded by outrage at Blackbuckle, or perhaps some sense of wanting to balance the treaty, it would seem, after all, that House Bracken would be better served by having each breach of the king's peace we have been asked to investigate be treated equally. Not to mention that I have heard whispers that some think that Blackwood troops damaging the mines in desperation faced with Bracken attack and Brackens damaging the lands of Darry because the Blackwoods were retreating to camps there somehow absolves House Bracken for all culpability in these incidents."
Theomore Tullison
Theomore Tullison

Back to top Go down

Post by Septon Arlyn Sat Jan 09, 2016 4:32 pm

"
Preposterous!"
Exclaims Septon Arlyn, "
if it was the Bracken's who would not have initiated the attacks on the mines then the black woods soldiers would not have felt the need to fire the supports for the mines. Just as the damage caused by the bracken soldiers was still evident even if the Blackwoods were using campsites in house Darry's lands as a staging ground does not reduce the insult against house Darry. Stating that two wrongs cancel each other out is only going to perpetuate this fued. We must find a fitting punishment for both houses."
Septon Arlyn
Septon Arlyn

Back to top Go down

Post by Theomore Tullison Sat Jan 09, 2016 4:44 pm

"
In the case of the Darry incursion, if both Bracken and Blackwood violated the border, then they both should have to pay the prize, perhaps Bracken guilt might be mitigated by the Blackwoods doing it first, but even so, the Brackens were the ones choosing to pursue and thus bringing actual harm as I see it."
Theomore agrees. "
The mines, as I see it, if the Brackens attacked and the Blackwoods set fire to their own shafts out of desperation in self-defense, then at best it can be said that the Brackens did not intend for the destruction to be caused, but they must have known that attacking something usually leads to collateral damage"
Theomore Tullison
Theomore Tullison

Back to top Go down

Post by Septon Arlyn Sat Jan 09, 2016 5:01 pm

Septon Arlyn nods at Ser Theomore's assessment. "
On this we are in agreement then. Although the acts occurred from house Blackwood's side by the hand of ser Tyron blackwood's orders. I feel it would not be fitting to punish the entire Blackwood's House for the orders of a single man. However, most times nobles escape such injustices such as using a third parties lands as a staging ground, or such as salting the fields, which indirectly lead to the rebellion and attack against the green door inn."
Septon Arlyn let's that sink in for a moment.
Septon Arlyn
Septon Arlyn

Back to top Go down

Post by Theomore Tullison Sat Jan 09, 2016 6:28 pm

"
Then we might as well charge Lord Tully to reimburse the investigative houses for such wealth we have provided to stem the uprising."
Theomore shrugs. "
Had he done his duty and intervened when news reached him of the troubles here, our presence would not be necessary, and the needed action to take would only be half as severe as now."
As horrible an idea it was to do this, Theomore would find it delightful if someone went as far as to suggest it. You never know what might come from such words...

"
Truth be told, the rebellion stems from families being displaced by acts of war on both sides, the salting of the fields may be the one single act with the most impact, but I would hold both houses equally to blame for the smallfolk's troubles."
Theomore Tullison
Theomore Tullison

Back to top Go down

Post by Septon Arlyn Sat Jan 09, 2016 6:38 pm

Septon Arlyn frown's, While I think that it would be just to request such a thing, I somehow doubt that it would be within our influence to request such a thing. However... if we to request that Lord Tully pay for the lost income from the mines to the crown with the verbiage that if he had intervened quicker then Lord Tully might have prevent this feud from escalating to the point where were appointed to investigate, That I think is more politically expedient."
Septon Arlyn states thoughtfully.
Septon Arlyn
Septon Arlyn

Back to top Go down

Post by Theomore Tullison Sat Jan 09, 2016 6:52 pm

"
I suspect it is more trouble than it's worth to mention the failures of Lord Tully in the treaty, more so to sanction him for them."
Theomore shakes his head at the notion. "
Though it would be interesting to learn why he just let it happen, my fear is that he thought it would help his standing, or the cause of the queen, which he may well view as the same thing. But no matter."
Theomore shifts in his seat. "
If there is nothing else I might be of assistance with, sers, I should like to loan the septon for a word on a personal matter."
Theomore Tullison
Theomore Tullison

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 3 Previous  1, 2, 3  Next